PDA

View Full Version : Who is the next star of Bangladesh?

sadi
July 14, 2006, 02:50 PM
Sakib Al Hasan
Mehrab jr
Nazmus Sadat

First of all, I like all three of them. They have many similarities among them. All of them came out of Under-19 and played together. All three are lefties. All of them are exciting young players doing well for A team. Who is your pick? Any comments?

BagherBacha
July 14, 2006, 03:03 PM
me...lol..

sakib in odi.
mehrab in test

sadat in both..but don't know abt superstar

sadi
July 14, 2006, 03:15 PM
yeah maybe star not superstar... lol... changed!!!

Tigers_eye
July 14, 2006, 03:22 PM
Rajin in Test.
Shahadat in ODI.

BagherBacha
July 14, 2006, 03:29 PM
Rajin in Test.
Shahadat in ODI.

you failed.. you got the wrong exam...lol

kalpurush
July 14, 2006, 03:30 PM
Sakib is my pick. More matured among the three I believe. Can bowl well too! A good allrounder. Unlike Ashraful, he is performing in a regular basis. Future belongs to him.

Tigers_eye
July 14, 2006, 03:34 PM
you failed.. you got the wrong exam...lol

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon9.gif

Is there any chance of retaking the exam? If not, be sure I will call for hartal.

Hatebreed
July 14, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'll keep my expectations contained...

sadi
July 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
I guess Mehrab is the more matured one. He knows his limitation and perform well under it. Sakib is the most talented one while Nazmus Sadat is the most consistent one.

Fazal
July 14, 2006, 03:50 PM
Sakib Al Hasan = 80% Chance
Mehrab jr = 70 % Chance
Nazmus Sadat = 60 % Chance

BagherBacha
July 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon9.gif

Is there any chance of retaking the exam? If not, be sure I will call for hartal.

lol you have 15 mins to retake

Rubu
July 14, 2006, 04:06 PM
Who is the first star of bangladesh?

Aren't we yet to get that?

Tigers_eye
July 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
These cubs are still in natural satellite stage (উপগ্রহ). Those two Rajin and Shahadat, are in a planet stage (গ্রহ). So to be a star (তারা), planets have a better chance.

Fazal
July 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
Who is the first star of bangladesh?

Aren't we yet to get that?

Why .... we had Rana before... don't we?

Tigers_eye
July 14, 2006, 04:11 PM
Why .... we had Rana before... don't we?
You meant Alok didn't you?

cricket_pagol
July 14, 2006, 04:44 PM
Sakib #1 star
mehrab #2 start

Omio
July 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
They will b lose in blackhole after star, coz..everybody knows,,

billah
July 14, 2006, 05:06 PM
Fazal mia's gettin' lazy. When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately saw an opening for you, Fazal....

SS
July 14, 2006, 05:37 PM
three of them are good to be star if they nurture well ..not like Ash,Alok,Nafis, Al Shahriar etc.
It takes a lot to be a star and get visible. But good thing is we have few ones on the line and competition is growing.
Bad thing is McInnes era we got few great talents, but now are we getting any? New U-19 development is showing that much promise like McInnes U-19 showed. It shows how important coaching, cricketing structure is to create stars.

Sovik
July 14, 2006, 05:40 PM
Mushfiq rahim if our selectors don't spoil his talent

HawkEye000
July 14, 2006, 06:18 PM
three of them are good to be star if they nurture well ..not like Ash,Alok,Nafis, Al Shahriar etc.
It takes a lot to be a star and get visible. But good thing is we have few ones on the line and competition is growing.
Bad thing is McInnes era we got few great talents, but now are we getting any? New U-19 development is showing that much promise like McInnes U-19 showed. It shows how important coaching, cricketing structure is to create stars.

In McInnes era we got Enamul, Aftab, Shariar Nafees and Shahadat while in Alister de Winter era we got Saqib, Mehrab, Mushfiqur, Nazmus, Tamim, Shuvo etc . So pretty comparable.

Spitfire_x86
July 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
Let's hope that they won't turn into new Alok (Sakib), new Rana (Mehrab jnr.) or new Nafees Iqbal/Hannan (Nazmus Sadat) !!

Especially Mehrab jnr. is most likely to become new Rana.

SMHasan
July 14, 2006, 07:48 PM
আরে ভাই স্টার এর কি অভাব আছে? সার্ফ এক্সেল আছে না?

thebest
July 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
আমি কোন তারা দেখি না; সবই ফানুস।

Ahmed_B
July 15, 2006, 12:22 AM
Star? You mean who's the next 'flop-star'... right?

Because all the so-called stars of our cricket (that we counted on) turned out to be inconsistants and flops when they started to play regularly for the national side. Yes.. untill they started being placed in the team on regular basis... they were real 'stars/superstars' on the fan's sketchbooks! :)

Mr-Cricket
July 15, 2006, 05:50 AM
Tamim Iqbal. :)

Spitfire_x86
July 15, 2006, 08:15 AM
Tamim Iqbal. :)
Next Rokon? :)

kfirooz
July 15, 2006, 08:19 AM
Its better for Bangladesh not to have a star at all. Eleven whole-hearted good players are more valuable than a super star. Let them first develop into a competitive team then stars will become natural products.
Besides stardom in a way spells the doom on may players, in turn affecting the team.
There are very few in this world who can handle fame and celebrity status.

sunniath
July 15, 2006, 11:43 AM
whoever scores thousand runs or ends up being one the of the leading wicket takers in a test calendar year.

mac
July 15, 2006, 12:45 PM
Sakib 40%
Tamim 25%
Mehrab (15+15)%=30%
Sadat 20%
Me 100%:up: :flag:

Promiti
July 15, 2006, 12:56 PM
how about lets not have a poll about who is the next star because they are all great with fantastic qualities!!! obviously they are all stars and exceptional because if they were not then they would not be playing for Bangladesh!!!!

kalpurush
July 15, 2006, 03:59 PM
I see a valid point!

Spitfire_x86
July 15, 2006, 06:11 PM
how about lets not have a poll about who is the next star because they are all great with fantastic qualities!!! obviously they are all stars and exceptional because if they were not then they would not be playing for Bangladesh!!!!
Saying "everybody's special" is another way of saying nobody is special. :)

Sorry
July 15, 2006, 06:29 PM
Saying "everybody's special" is another way of saying nobody is special. :)
does it mean that saying JO is not special is another way of saying "all others are special"?

Fazal
July 15, 2006, 06:38 PM
Hater Pach Angul ke soman hoi? Like Sorry's avatar, one finger have have to be longer than the others for one reason or another.

Sorry
July 15, 2006, 06:50 PM
All depends on who wants to use what- like Italian good at using mouth, French good at head butting, and Chinese good at using sticks, and us probably the combinations.

Fazal
July 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
All depends on who wants to use what-....

You are right... like some use the thumb alot to either suck it or giving a thumb-up. The pincky is used by little girls a lot showing their man-obhiman( Areee).... and then the middle finger is used by some including aggresive and impatiend drivers ....

Allaher Ki kudrot... its not what you use... but how you use it.

Fazal
July 15, 2006, 07:22 PM
Comming back to the topic, I think Nadim Uddin Mintu is the next super-star in making. He just scored a 50 N.O. against Sri Lanka you know...

Sorry
July 15, 2006, 07:34 PM
Allaher Ki kudrot... its not what you use... but how you use it.

You are absolutely right but you have to keep in mind what is used for what- I am partially colour blind so I don’t recognise the importance of promiti’s colourfulness; on the other hand, I am also respectful to the chinaman’s imposing of the rule that formatting of colour is not allowed.
Back to topic, btw, unlike misbehaving drivers, ashraful showed me the thumb when I went to watch him in Liverpool league sometime ago.

Spitfire_x86
July 15, 2006, 10:25 PM
does it mean that saying JO is not special is another way of saying "all others are special"?
Special/Not special is a relative thing.

IMO, Golla IS special because general rules of selection and gaining admirers doesn't apply for him. That makes everyone else ordinary.

bapzmania
July 16, 2006, 01:53 AM
Without any doubt I will pick Mushfiqur rahim cause there is no one in Bangladesh now who can take his place and in the ODI Bangladesh badly need a batsman-wicketkeeper nothing like Khaled masud and then my second pick will be Sakib al hasan cause his aggressive batting will help Bangladesh a lot but actually I don't know much about his bowling although is bowling stat is not so bad......

thebest
July 16, 2006, 07:06 AM

JO is certainly special to our selectors and some of the fans. Otherwise how could you explain his selection and fan base without any significant contribution:(

Sorry
July 16, 2006, 01:51 PM
Special/Not special is a relative thing.

IMO, Golla IS special because general rules of selection and gaining admirers doesn't apply for him. That makes everyone else ordinary.[quote=Spitfire_x86]
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
[quote=thebest]JO is certainly special to our selectors and some of the fans. Otherwise how could you explain his selection and fan base without any significant contribution
Without entering into the ‘JO yes/no debate’, can I state that after being granted a test nation we haven’t achieved a great deal of success. A few rare victories which we have enjoyed should be credited to all players and for the failures a particular player should not be singled out. <O:p</O:p
Some senior players may lack competency compared to the new generation of players, but they still give there 100% and as like any development process, things will only get better.<O:p</O:p
Personally I like those players who try hard and give 100%.
Fans always seem to find a bad apple in the team- yesterday it was chacha, today JO and tomorrow?
Probably bashar.

sadi
July 17, 2006, 08:10 AM
Musfiqur Rahim is definately one to look for... but for some reason he is batting way down the order nowadays and not getting enough overs to bat... for A team or his domestic team, he should bat up the order...

sadi
July 17, 2006, 03:37 PM
you might find it interesting. An article published in daily jaijaidin about Sakib's reaction after he got selected for the national team.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/view_news.php?News-ID=6713&issue=42&nav_id=4

TheWatcher
July 17, 2006, 04:01 PM
you might find it interesting. An article published in daily jaijaidin about Sakib's reaction after he got selected for the national team.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/view_news.php?News-ID=6713&issue=42&nav_id=4
Good to hear that his bowling action has been cleared.

Is Nannu now part of the national team coaching staff ?

http://www.jaijaidin.com/images/Newspaper/Issue_17-July_2006/ExtraImage/News_6714/6714_1_aftab.jpg

Fazal
July 17, 2006, 04:50 PM
Looking at the picture, I think Nannu should be a our fitness coach.

Shafin
July 18, 2006, 07:19 AM
He might be a part of the Academy.His outfit is different

Shakalaka
July 18, 2006, 09:45 AM
Its about time that we stop grooming players with so called "star Player" title and let them play their game. Look what we did to players like Mehrab and Ashraful!!

Team FIRST!! not any "STAR"!! if we are looking for "STAR" either look at the sky or go to Dhaliwood..oh ok..my bad! ...forget it..go to hollywood or bollywood.

Tigers_eye
July 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
whoever scores thousand runs or ends up being one the of the leading wicket takers in a test calendar year.
You are correct. With the FTP our players need to set out the following goals if they want to be a star.

2007 4 test total 8 innings. Need to ave 125 lol. (If anyone does it then I will call him a "superstar".
2008 8 test total 16 innings. Need to ave 63 lol.
2009 9 test total 18 innings. Need to ave 56 lol.
2010 11 test total 22 innings. Need to ave 45. Now here someone may have a realistic chance if these boys continue to work hard.
2011 8 test total 16 innings. Need to average 63 lol.

As far as bowling is concerned, how can a BD bowler become leading wicket takers playing 8-11 tests a year when his counter parts are playing 15-18 test a year? So that should be out of question.

thebest
July 19, 2006, 08:21 AM
I wondered about the hype on Sakib. He failed to deliver when it mattered. U19 and this tour are example. He delivered when there is no pressure. I think he is hyped up after the eng- sl u19 tri series. He even failed to deliver anything significant in national league.

sadi
July 19, 2006, 09:14 AM
He failed to deliver when it mattered.

I think he is quite clutch actually... he did score a century in the under-19 tri nation final.... about national league... I don't think he has played much in the national league... one or two games at most...

TheWatcher
July 19, 2006, 02:38 PM
He might be a part of the Academy.His outfit is different
Good catch there Shafin, blue is the colour for the Academy team, as you can see Marshal Ayub is wearing that in the picture below that was taken during the national team vs Academy practice match. That means Nannu is part of the Academy team coaching staff.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/07/17/2006-07-17__sports01.jpg