PDA

View Full Version : TC: Tigers' African itinerary confirmed, Razzak included

TheWatcher
July 17, 2006, 11:42 AM
TigerCricket.com Report
(http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=134)17-July-2006

The revised schedule of Bangladesh’s tour to Zimbabwe and Kenya was announced today (Monday).

According to it, the Tigers will arrive in Harare on July 24 and play five ODIs against Zimbabwe on July 29, 30 and August 2, 4 and 6. There is also a practice match lined up against Zimbabwe A on July 26. All the matches will be held at the Harare Sports Club.

The team would then proceed to Kenya for a three-match series. They are expected to reach Nairobi on August 7 with the matches scheduled for August 12, 13 and 15 in the Kenyan capital. The Tigers will return home on August 17.

Meanwhile, the national selectors have drafted in left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak Raj in the squad as its 16th member.

Squad:
Habibul Bashar(Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Javed Omar Belim, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Alok Kapali, Mohammad Rafique, Khaled Mashud, Mashrafee bin Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Mushfiqur Rahim, Farhad Reza, Shakib al Hasan, Abdur Razzak Raj.

Rubu
July 17, 2006, 11:59 AM
to many younger kinds are about to get exposed and destroyed eventually. too early calls for many kids. they could surely wait.

SS
July 17, 2006, 12:03 PM
overburdening our two pacers what good on earth it will bring. Is it that hard to include another geniune pacers as the pitch is different. Otherwise looks good.
Let's hope for the best.

sadi
July 17, 2006, 12:07 PM
overburdening our two pacers what good on earth it will bring. Is it that hard to include another geniune pacers as the pitch is different. Otherwise looks good.
Let's hope for the best.

we have three pacers in mashrafee, rasel and shahadat... plus forhad reza is a medium pacer who can do the job I believe... atleast against zim and kenya...

SS
July 17, 2006, 02:27 PM
we have three pacers in mashrafee, rasel and shahadat... plus forhad reza is a medium pacer who can do the job I believe... atleast against zim and kenya...
o sorry i didn't see rasel's name first. my mistake. But isnt rasel overrated.
Wasim praised him but he looks so ordinary. if he bowls like this he will be hit all over the fence in world cup.
even irfan pathan having hard time nowadays. Batsmen are reading bowlers' and getting used to them pretty quickly nowadays with advance tech.

What happend to Talha, Shafaq? How was Tapash, Sharif's bowling, I know the stat, but did anyone saw how they are bowling?

TheWatcher
July 17, 2006, 02:34 PM
SS, you want Talha, Shafaq, Tapash, or Sharif in place of Rasel !!!

First of all, Shafaq or Sharif is no faster than Rasel is. Also, none of them can swing the ball as much as Rasel can.

Talha or Tapash are faster than Rasel, but, as far I remember, those are the two who are notorious for being hit over the fence too often.

cricket_pagol
July 17, 2006, 03:33 PM
SS, you want Talha, Shafaq, Tapash, or Sharif in place of Rasel !!!

First of all, Shafaq or Sharif is no faster than Rasel is. Also, none of them can swing the ball as much as Rasel can.

Talha or Tapash are faster than Rasel, but, as far I remember, those are the two who are notorious for being hit over the fence too often.

Rasel is prefect for the job because i think he is the best at bowling in a consistent line and length. His subtle variations make him perfect for the ODI team.

TheWatcher
July 17, 2006, 05:39 PM
Here is my starting line up for the Zimbabwe series-

SN
Rajin
Bashar
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Rasel

About #3-5 batting positions, Bashar has proven himself as a lot better oneday batsman in the last ODI series against Australia, I believe he can shepherd the team better from #3 position. If Aftab has truely matured, as Bashar and Sujon thought after seeing him in the last practice match, he should be brought in the batting order before Mr Inconsistent.

Fazal
July 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
Where is Alok. Without Alok how can we have a team?

MarufH
July 17, 2006, 11:45 PM
Here is my starting line up for the Zimbabwe series-

SN
Rajin
Bashar
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Rasel

About #3-5 batting positions, Bashar has proven himself as a lot better oneday batsman in the last ODI series against Australia, I believe he can shepherd the team better from #3 position. If Aftab has truely matured, as Bashar and Sujon thought after seeing him in the last practice match, he should be brought in the batting order before Mr Inconsistent.

No matter what you think.. they will choose Javed Omar... I doubt if they are gonna play three pacer.. especially if they choose Sakib... Kapali might get a chance since he performed pretty good against zim 'A'. In that case.. rajin er pura kopal abar purte pare othoba no Sakib..

I do think if we have the series then we should let Mushfiqur Rahim stand behind the stumps for day or two.

kalpurush
July 18, 2006, 12:43 AM
Adding Razzak would give more options to select the squad for sure.

Sam
July 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
o sorry i didn't see rasel's name first. my mistake. But isnt rasel overrated.
Wasim praised him but he looks so ordinary. if he bowls like this he will be hit all over the fence in world cup.

Just see his stats, he does not look ordinary in compare to Talha or Sharif, I believe.
Rasel
Got 15 wickets from 11 ODIs with Bowling Avge 26.4, BB 3/28
Sharif
Got 9 wickets from 8 ODIs with Bowling Avge 41.22, BB 3/40
Talha
Got 6 wickets from 6 ODIs with Bowling Avge 42.5, BB 4/65

Sovik
July 18, 2006, 11:31 AM
Rasel had a bad series against Australia. but he is a good bowler and better than talha and Taposh. but i am disappointed to see javed in the squad

mshakir56
July 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, is btv gono telecast the matches live?

al Furqaan
July 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
Rasel had a bad series against Australia. but he is a good bowler and better than talha and Taposh. but i am disappointed to see javed in the squad

he only played one game...selectors opted for rajib-masri-rafiq-razzak to bowl...which was ok.

it was sad that rasel didnt get another go, but thats cricket...

rasel is much better than tapash and talha and sharif...

shafaq should be selected soon.

SS
July 18, 2006, 01:38 PM
thanks for the stat...as stat speaks of itself Rusel definitely ahead of talha,tapash. So, i will go for rusel with you guys
isn't it too early to give sakib a chance, but this is the chance to experiment also.
"shafaq should be selected soon." posted by AlFurqaan - i saw only one pic of him tall left arm medium pacers but got that pacer frame. Can we nurture him sending to Aus or MRF.

Sovik
July 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Shafaq has the most incredible avarage and strike rate

Bowling averages <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="right" bgcolor="#cccccc" height="17"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> mat</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> balls</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> runs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> wkts</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> bbi</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> bbm</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ave</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> econ</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> sr</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 5</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 10</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">First-class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 19</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2892</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1402</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 63</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 5/42</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 22.25</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2.90</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 45.90</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">List A</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 21</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1139</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 626</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 46</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 5/24</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 5/24</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 13.60</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 3.29</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 24.76</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr></tbody></table>

TheWatcher
July 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
Howel the clown (one that caved to Ponting in the last series) will be the neutral umpire during Zimbabwe ODI series. Hariharan is selected for the Kenya series. Other umps will be selected from host countries.

Amardesh (http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=41671&NewsType=bistarito)

al Furqaan
July 18, 2006, 05:45 PM
Can we nurture him sending to Aus or MRF.

i certainly hope so...but even if he is just medium pace...with that bounce he will be dangerous...i still think we should trial him a few ODIs per series...this africa series would have been the best time.

TheWatcher
July 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
"shafaq should be selected soon." posted by AlFurqaan - i saw only one pic of him tall left arm medium pacers but got that pacer frame. Can we nurture him sending to Aus or MRF.
Shafaq has already been to a month long training program in Australia last year.

crickwizard
July 19, 2006, 04:51 AM
probably this was asked, anyone knows why enamul jr is not in the squad? Despit he has a very successful record agains ZIM

AsifTheManRahman
July 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
they probably left enamul out because he's not much of an odi bowler.

btw, no alok? i thought he was doing an ok job in recent times. must've lost out to sakib and forhad.

TheWatcher
July 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
Some of the newspapers (especially Janakantha and BD Khela) making too much out of Mushfiq's inclusion. Even though the coach and the selectors repeadately said that Mushfiq is included in the team as understudy of Pilot and to give him exposure in ODI's, the newspapers are trying to potray that Pilot's position in the team is under threat.

I like Mushfiq a lot, yet I have to say that his ability as a keeper is still nowherer near that of Pilot. I don't see how he can take over Pilot's position in next one year.

sadi
July 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
Actually I like that decision by the selectors to have him in the team as an understudy... he will learn so much just by being with the team and watching Pilot... maybe he will play one or two games if Bangladesh wins the series early... good move by selectors...

FaridpurChicago
July 19, 2006, 03:23 PM
I'm not worried about Bowlers. Our top 4 Bowlers (Raf-Mash-Raj-Ras) will not be super flop atleast. My concern is Batting. Ash already filled his quota for next 5 months. He made his big score (124 in 65 balls) last month and he does it once in six months. SN gradually became inconsistent against Aus. Pilot has forgot batting. Only Bash will hit a 50. Things are depending on Aftab and Rajin but can we depend on them.

SS
July 19, 2006, 04:50 PM
So many SLA we have it's hard to choose who should play.
Is there any particular reason, why we are getting so many quality SLA.
not sure Zimb and Kenya wat's their weaknesses.

Andy-Flower
July 20, 2006, 04:09 AM
So many SLA we have it's hard to choose who should play.
Is there any particular reason, why we are getting so many quality SLA.
not sure Zimb and Kenya wat's their weaknesses.

Zim's main weakness is genuine Pace and also they cant play left arm seamers because we no longer have quick bowlers{Olonga,Watambwa,Blignalt when he started} and also left armers like Bryan Strang. Anyone who can deliver at a speed of over 140km/hr consistently will have a real party in Zim thats why Fidel Edward, Taylor{W.I}, Bond, have been succesful against Zim. Left armers like Zoysa have been succesful especially against right handers if they can come over the wicket and get the ball to move away from them like Chaminda Vaas does it.

The young lads feed on average spin bowling and feast on medium pacers cuz we produce a lot of those here. We have the best ODI spiner in Africa {number 28 in the world} who is guaranteed to give any team some problems.

Andy-Flower
July 20, 2006, 04:13 AM
Bangladesh coach confident ahead of Zimbabwe cricket tour
Dhaka, July 19. (AP): Bangladesh coach Dave Whatmore said on Wednesday he's aiming for a 5-0 whitewash of Zimbabwe in his team's limited-overs cricket tour later this month.

A 16-member Bangladesh squad, led by captain Habibul Bashar, will leave on July 23 for the Zimbabwe capital, Harare, where it will contest five limited overs internationals on July 29 and 30, and Aug. 2, 4 and 6.

"We are leaving as a favorite ... anybody can predict a 5-0 series victory in favor of Bangladesh," Whatmore told reporters in Dhaka, as his team concluded its last practice. "Actually it's a good opportunity for Bangladesh".

Bangladesh will play a practice match against a Zimbabwe A team on July 26, before the first one-dayer, he said.

"We need to get adjusted to the conditions as quick as possible," said Whatmore.

After the Zimbabwe tour, the Bangladesh will leave for the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, to play three limited-overs internationals from Aug. 12.

Whatmore said the African tour will be a great opportunity for uncapped allrounders Sakib Al Hasan and Forhad Reza to show their wares.

Chemosit
July 20, 2006, 07:37 AM
Interesting to read Andy's comments on the Zim weaknesses. It would be very similar to Kenya - we are also unused to real pace, as indeed Bangladesh found out last series. We are also having difficulty finding a decent opening pair which puts a lot of pressure on those down the order.
I would say that we are also a strike bowler short.

TheWatcher
July 20, 2006, 08:54 AM
Zim's main weakness is genuine Pace and also they cant play left arm seamers .........

The young lads feed on average spin bowling and feast on medium pacers cuz we produce a lot of those here. We have the best ODI spiner in Africa {number 28 in the world} who is guaranteed to give any team some problems.
Well, Andy, looks like we have the just right recipe for your team- two quickies (Mashrafe and Shahadat), a left arm seamer (Rasel), and a world class spinner (Rafique).

But, yeah, I give you that Utsey is a very effective ODI bowler, and I expect him to give Bangladesh hell of a time.

sadi
July 20, 2006, 09:14 AM
Utsey looked very ordinary last time he was here......

al Furqaan
July 20, 2006, 11:52 AM
I would say that we are also a strike bowler short.

dear chemosit,

how many teams have a genuine strike bowler? aside from the top teams not many.

the aussies have mcgrath, england has harmy/flintoff, RSA has ntini, SL has murali (the only spinner strike bowler).

shoiab is never fit so pak dont have one...munaf is too young and inexperienced to call a real SB for india, SL dont have any fast bowlers worth mentioning, what u can say about india u can say about us and shahadat (masri is often hurt like shoaib), and the Windies dont have a genuine SB either.

not bad company id say. of course having a strike bowler is essential to be a dominat force which is why none of those above teams are consistant world beaters.

israr
July 20, 2006, 02:40 PM
i like utseya's bowling, he can cause quite a problem or two for our batsmen

TheWatcher
July 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
ICC has updated the ODI ranking table. Bangladesh's rating is now 31 and Zimbabwe's is 33. Winning the upcoming ODI series will put us right ahead of Zim, in the 9th position.

ICC ODI Predictor (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/odi/predictor.html)

israr
July 20, 2006, 03:08 PM
That shall be a great achievement.

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2006, 03:29 PM
ICC has updated the ODI ranking table. Bangladesh's rating is now 31 and Zimbabwe's is 33. Winning the upcoming ODI series will put us right ahead of Zim, in the 9th position.

ICC ODI Predictor (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/odi/predictor.html)
Then we would say hear we come England...

From this African tour the most we can get is 44 points. Lets hope we get it. Good luck to the BD team.

Sovik
July 20, 2006, 04:07 PM
50 more matches against zimbabwe, kenya, bermuda, namibia, ireland will put us ahead of England

SS
July 20, 2006, 04:27 PM
will take 50 more years!!
my grandson will see it if BD still exists.

Fazal
July 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
So how old are you? I know life and death is in Allah's hand, but in general term you are not expected to live 50 more years?

SMHasan
July 20, 2006, 08:05 PM
So how old are you? I know life and death is in Allah's hand, but in general term you are not expected to live 50 more years?

No, he can't expect to suurvive 50 more yrs cos he is a pessimist!