PDA

View Full Version : The Fans Choice

pilot fan
July 21, 2006, 08:55 AM
there has been a lot of debate about who should keep wicket for the first match of the zimbabwean tour and now i feel that it is our time to deicde who the forum thinks should be first should be first choice

sadi
July 21, 2006, 09:07 AM
there is no debate... rahim will only get a chance to keep if bangladesh wins the series... he is there to gather experience and learn from pilot...

al Furqaan
July 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
u said first ODI...and that shuold be pilot...if zimbabwe should win first match...we would be in deep s**t, so pilot should start...mushi can get a few matches later on.

israr
July 21, 2006, 11:15 AM
Zim will not be that easy as people are thinking, Mashud for the whole series

Rubu
July 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
selectors are just about to spoil another prospect of the future by rushing him. Pilot can easily serve for another 2/3 years. Until then, mushy should be a regular in A team, not national. just like many other kids in the national team, he is not ready.

looking at what bd selectors are doing I feel like there should be a law for the minimum age for national team.

mac
July 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
Masud surely for the first 2 matches and if BD win those then Rahim will probably get a chance.:flag:

AsifTheManRahman
July 21, 2006, 12:07 PM
Has to be Pilot. We are still in the process of establishing ourselves as the 9th best in the world, and in order to move up the rankings, we'll need a full team. I agree with what Pilot has to say about trying newcomers out against weak opponents - and zimbabwe surely isn't one. Beating them in their own backyard will not be a pice of cake, and maybe Rahim can come in if and after we've won the series.

sunniath
July 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
there is no debate... rahim will only get a chance to keep if bangladesh wins the series... he is there to gather experience and learn from pilot...
i agree. rahim should not be put under spotlight right away.let the vets win the series,then the young guns can enjoy some outings.young wks have always waited for the senior partners to hang their gloves.gili is the best example.so give pilot some room.let him play his role as he is still the most dependable batsman in crisis for us.rahim has his whole life in front of him.let him learn the art from pilot first.very few players in bd have had a chance learn from their world class team mates who share the same trade.let rahim exploit this opportunity.

ialbd
July 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
it has to be Pilot till we secure the series.Rahim will get his chance in due time.

Speaking of Pilot, does anyone remember Pilot playing in the team but not as a keeper? Or am I mixing it up with some other team. For some reason I am having this memory (from bachha kal) of Pilot running in the out field.
________
ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2006, 12:46 PM
....Speaking of Pilot, does anyone remember Pilot playing in the team but not as a keeper? Or am I mixing it up with some other team. For some reason I am having this memory (from bachha kal) of Pilot running in the out field.
Time to time you see him doing that while the match is going on. That's just answering the nature call I guess. :D

Sauron
July 21, 2006, 04:48 PM
Definitely Pilot. No experiment in the first one please.

Sovik
July 21, 2006, 08:20 PM
surprised to see mushfiq rahim got few votes. pilot is still the best and mushfiq rahim has a lot to learn from pilot

kalpurush
July 21, 2006, 08:34 PM
selectors are just about to spoil another prospect of the future by rushing him. Pilot can easily serve for another 2/3 years. Until then, mushy should be a regular in A team, not national. just like many other kids in the national team, he is not ready.

looking at what bd selectors are doing I feel like there should be a law for the minimum age for national team.

Will it be not funny?! It's like I could only play when I would be 18?!! You have to give enough chance to play for the national team get international exposer to these young kids.
I agree with you that Pilot is still good to play 2/3 more years...but we need to be ready to find out his replacement as well, don't we?:D

Hatebreed
July 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Pilot is indispensable, he may not be an outstanding batsmen but is a great keeper and one of our most experienced players. Rahim might get a chance if we comfortably secure the series, otherwise it's too soon.

SMHasan
July 21, 2006, 09:16 PM
Its Masud, no question about him. I think we are talking too much about Musfiqur right now. Yes he is talented but he needs time. He has not done anything xtraordinary to replace Masud. Masud should remain as the main keeper for next few yrs.

Miraz
July 22, 2006, 05:04 AM
For the first ODI, it should be Masud. If you ask the same question for 4th & 5th ODI it has to be Mushfiq.

Pilot is not indispensable like Hatebreed mentioned, he has played almost every ODI and test Bangladesh has played so far, I cannot recall a single match (please remind me) where Pilot was the major contributor for a Bangladeshi win. He is more than decent with gloves, no doubt but again modern cricket wants something more from a Wicketkeeper. If Mushfiq can fill that gap, Pilot should count his days or has to perform better (which I doubt).

Mushfiq is a good keeper ( from U-19, BD-A and national league experience), let's see whether he can cope with the pressure of International level or not. This is the perfect opportunity for Bangladesh cricket to find out their future Wicketkeeper.

cricket_dorshok
July 22, 2006, 05:29 AM
Will it be not funny?! You have to give enough chance to play for the national team get international exposer to these young kids.[/B]
I agree with you that Pilot is still good to play 2/3 more years...but we need to be ready to find out his replacement as well, don't we?:D

To get international exposer for this little kids, national side should not be the right platform. It should be different age group, or A team. You will not find an example in other countries that someone is picked in the national side because of his performane in U-19. yes, Mushfiq is a bright prospect for us, but he or any other U-19 heros(!?)
should be picked in national side after having a consistence performane in all the levels, like U-19, A team. Our A team was mostly the team of national discards. I think, only this time A team was picked form natinal discards (like Tusher, Kapali) and U-19 performaers. So, let them (U-19 performer) play in A team for another 2 years then pick in the national side. That should be the normal procedure for selecting national team. Only, you can break the normal procedure if you someone extra ordinary. as far as Mushfiq concern, he is good wk-batsman but not extra ordinary. so, he should come to the national side through normal procedure.

bapzmania
July 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
ohhhhhhhhh...i didn't see that its only for the 1st match...so i think selectors will give masud one more chance....so masud bro try ur best...but musfiq best of luck....

thebest
July 23, 2006, 02:01 AM
Till series in our bag. No experiment. If Musfiq play then should be as batsman. The only places vacant is Ash or JO. He could play as opener as he proved that he is a good player againest pace and awful player againest spin.
Those who think he could play as w/k, pls have a look at the time he was keeping againest SL. For a single mintute, it did not seem he could collect a ball confidently.

Rabz
July 23, 2006, 05:07 AM
Pilot.
Period.

he is still irreplacable in the team and as said before, we r only gonna kill the kid's future by bringing him into the spotlight so soon.

PoorFan
July 25, 2006, 05:43 AM
Definitely Pilot, and no Mushi until the series win. We have lot of players in the team who can provide same service like Mushi with bat, so no need to play him even as a batsman until the series is ours.

mof
July 25, 2006, 07:38 AM
I really don't think its a great idea to replace PIlot before the World Cup. Pilot has years of experience keeping the current bowling squad. Rahim should get chance in ODIs after the World Cup but Pilot should be playing the Tests atleast for 2 more years unless he terribly fails in batting. But as almost everybody think, Rahim should be given opportunity if we can secure the series before the 5th ODI

Regards

sadi
July 25, 2006, 08:11 AM
Rahim is there only for the future... he will gather experience... if he plays one or two odis, thats great but if not, thats okay also... Pilot will be our keeper till the next world cup atleast...