PDA

View Full Version : targets for bdesh v zim

tiger1000
July 22, 2006, 05:24 PM
i think bdesh target against zimb should be 270+ because they have not got any good players and we should bowl them out under 180
wat do u think guys

has any one got a link?

israr
July 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
Zim will not be as easy as everyone's thinking here.

al Furqaan
July 22, 2006, 06:39 PM
utseya looks pretty damn good...his econ of 3.81 is better than ANYONE we have. plus its his backyard.

i really want to see rajib ripping through the top of the order like a demon.

we should target an 8-0 win for this africa series...can we do it?

sunniath
July 22, 2006, 06:55 PM
winning the zim series will put us ahead of zim in the odi ranking for the first time in our cricket history.i am predicting 3-2 result no matter which team wins.my prayers are with bd.taking over the 9th place from zim will surely be a milestone for us.

Sovik
July 22, 2006, 09:27 PM
target is winning, scores doesn't matter.

thebest
July 23, 2006, 02:10 AM
Target is winning mercilessly the way Aussies used to beat England in Ashes. So that Zims and Kenyans never claimed that we beat them playing at home and once and twice they win they can claim they are top of the world, like England.
I know it is very high target but lets go for the sky

battye
July 23, 2006, 02:18 AM
Target is winning mercilessly the way Aussies beat England in Ashes.

You mean the way we WILL beat England in the Ashes.. we lost the Ashes last year ;)

thebest
July 23, 2006, 02:25 AM
You mean the way we WILL beat England in the Ashes.. we lost the Ashes last year ;)
Ok I would edit, add used to:p

Shafi
July 23, 2006, 02:50 AM
They have another good player chibhabha.. he made quite a few runs in the wi tour.

Shafi
July 23, 2006, 03:01 AM
Chibhabha stats (http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55354.html)
ODI avg 37 not so bad, eh?

battye
July 23, 2006, 04:47 AM
Chibhabha stats (http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55354.html)
ODI avg 37 not so bad, eh?

He's a promising young batsman, but there are a few things that need to be pointed out:

a) he's played only 7 ODI's
b) he has only played one high(ish) ranked ODI country: New Zealand. He made a duck.
c) His other games have been against West Indies (3), Bermuda (2), Canada (1).

Having said that, his average against full members (WI and NZ) is about 40.. higher than his total average.

Rabz
July 23, 2006, 05:01 AM
we should target an 8-0 win for this africa series...can we do it?

i think we can.. only our players also needs to believe that they should and they need to.. coming home with a 8-0 Africa tour would mean a world of confidence and self believe to our players, which they can use in the Champions Trophy qualifier.

But then again, with such a punishing schedule, it would be an ultimate test for fitness and strength, both physical and mental.

Good luck to players.
Good luck to Bangladesh.

shamster
July 23, 2006, 05:39 AM
Only one Target - Series white wash win!

israr
July 23, 2006, 06:27 AM
I believe we can do it

tiger1000
July 23, 2006, 12:41 PM
i think bdesh will win the series 4-1 i just have a feeling were going to loose one match.

israr
July 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
we will win 5-0, but the zimbos might come very very very very close in one of the matches, i feel that way, but overall its gonna be a whitewash

kalpurush
July 24, 2006, 12:42 AM
If we win the first game...it will end with..."tarpor theke tahara sukhe din kataite lagilo...!!!"

mohd azam
July 24, 2006, 12:50 AM
if bangladesh win all five match bangladesh will move above zimbawe in point table
check this out (http://urbanteamclub.tk)

Andy-Flower
July 24, 2006, 05:02 AM
i think bdesh will win the series 4-1 i just have a feeling were going to loose one match.

i agree 100%^^

there will always be a few things to consider even though you might be a biased fan...first up, BD has never won 5 games in a role against any team except Kenya maybe.
-You are playing away from home where you have never won a series ever, and Zim is well aware of that.
-Dav and Bashar said a little bit more than they should've and already Pycroft has used that to good effect coz he hasnt replied. If Zim happen to win the first game then Dav might find it difficult to motivate his players again.
-Zim has a few batsmen who can spoil your party in Rinke, Coventry, Taylor, Chigumbura& Matsikenyeri all these are BIG! hitters and if the opening pair does well then they might tear you apart. Mpariwa and Rainsford are not that bad, also Zim has a lot of promising spinners in Utseya, Kasteni, Higgins, Dabengwa...the whole team is full of all rounders.
-We were thrushed by W.Indies but look at what happened to India {after the 2-2 draw against S.A, 4-1 win against Pakis & England} they lost to the same team.
-This time we are at home and we will prepare us a slow wicket.

so dont celebrate just yet:D

Miraz
July 24, 2006, 05:15 AM
agree^^
there will always be a few things to consider even though you are a biased fan...first up, BD has never won 5 games in a role against any team except Kenya maybe.
-You are playing away from home where you have never won a series ever, and Zim is well aware of that.
-Dav and Bashar said a little bit more than they should've and already Pycroft has used that to good effect coz he hasnt replied. If Zim happen to win the first game then Dav might find it difficult to motivate his players again.
-Zim has a few batsmen who can spoil your party in Rinke, Coventry, Taylor, Chigumbura& Matsikenyeri all these are BIG! hitters and if the opening pair does well then they might tear you apart. Mpariwa and Rainsford are not that bad, also Zim has a lot of promising spinners in Utseya, Kasteni, Higgins, Dabengwa...the whole team is full of all rounders.
-We were thrushed by W.Indies but look at what happened to India {after the 2-2 draw against S.A, 4-1 win against Pakis & England} they lost to the same team.
-This time we are at home and we will prepare us a slow wicket.

so dont celebrate just yet:D

True!! Andy. You will try to take the the maximum home advantage.

Bangladesh has never won an overseas series, True!! but again there is always a start in everything :)
Coventry & Rinke are BIG against Bermuda or Namibia, probably not against Bangladesh or WI, forget other teams.
Well, it will be pretty difficult to tear us apart as the bowling strength is much better than previous one and you might find it difficult to handle the pace of Shahadat & swing of Rasel who are new against Zimbabwe but already proved their quality against Srilanka & Australia.

In any day Rafique is much better spinner than Utseya, Kasteni or any other player you want to mention.

Anyway, Good Luck!!

Andy-Flower
July 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
^^^True @Miraz
man i agree with most of the stuff you said..and thats the reason why this series will be quite interesting but i dont agree with one thing..Rafique being better than the no28 in the world Utseya. Between you and me..lets see who will come up tops in terms of figures..they are all key bowlers in either sides so they're likely to bow 10 overs every match..lets compare them

holla

israr
July 24, 2006, 07:21 AM
You're right Andy-Flower, Cricket's an amazing game, so you can expect anything, and be optimistic about your team

Miraz
July 24, 2006, 07:51 AM
^^^True @Miraz
man i agree with most of the stuff you said..and thats the reason why this series will be quite interesting but i dont agree with one thing..Rafique being better than the no28 in the world Utseya.

holla

Ranking does not always represent proper skill.

But again, Rafiq is world number 25 :) , was no. 18 few days back:)

Clearly ahead of Utseya, I admit he is a good bowler but miles to go to match Rafiq :)

ialbd
July 24, 2006, 08:26 AM
whitewash er niche kotha nai...
________
M41 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M41)

tiger1000
July 24, 2006, 08:38 AM
i think bdesh will win the series but the one i think bdesh are going to lose is going to be a close game

i think the zims will only just win it

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

fwullah
July 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
I think all our players need a wake-up call. For example, losing to the Zimbabwe A side will be a major wake-up call for all of us, including our selectors, since they have deliberately chosen a weaker Bangladesh national team by selecting all three newcomers - Mushfiqur, Sakib & Forhad.

Having said that, if our regulars like Ashraful, Bashar, Rafique, and Pilot are serious enough, we should easily win all 8 ODIs, but are they?

Fazal
July 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Having said that, if our regulars like Ashraful, Bashar, Rafique, and Pilot are serious enough, we should easily win all 8 ODIs, but are they?

Ofcourse not.

sadi
July 24, 2006, 12:49 PM

This is probably the most optimistic post I have ever seen from fwullah... Bangladesh must be really doing well...

cricket_dorshok
July 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
^^^True @Miraz
i dont agree with one thing..Rafique being better than the no28 in the world Utseya.

Rafique is thousand times better than Utseya!!! :flag:

mac
July 24, 2006, 01:17 PM
whitewash er niche kotha nai...
Kono somossa nai. BD is going to whitewash them with Deshi chuna.:flag:

SS
July 24, 2006, 01:41 PM
I recall we used to dream of beating all the teams after the defeat of Australia in Cardiff. Confidence is good but overconfidence might defeat our purpose. Instead of giving statement who should analysze "how" we can achieve it. It's easier to say than accomplishing it.

Andy-Flower
July 25, 2006, 02:58 AM
how fast is your pace attack? cuz you probably going to face midium pacers in Mahwire 136km/h, Mpariwa 134km/h

Rabz
July 25, 2006, 03:22 AM
mate our pace attack is shaping up to be a real good one, combining a mixture of raw pace, lefty swinger and fast medium mcgrath-esque type of bowler.

Mashrafee is undoubtedly our best pacer--> the guy bowls around mid 130 but is very effective and accurate. it wont be that easy for the Zims to play him around. just fyi, in one of the last odi against Sri Lanka, in his first spell, he gave away only some mere 9 runs in his 6 or 7 overs for 2 wickets..i think ( the figure may not be exact accurate but very close)

then u have Shahadat--> this guy bowls in mid 140s and has the character of a genuine pace bowler with all the aggression and intimidation. tell ur batsmen to prepare for some real nasty bouncers in a regular basis and i bet he would be good enough to intimidate ur top order.

Rasel is a left arm swinger with medium pace. from what i hv seen of him so far, u could classify his actions and style in the club of Vaas( but offcourse to not that class yet). he is known for early break thru's whenever he gets a chance to play and could be a deadly inclusion in the trio IF Dave and Bashar wants to play three pacer which is highly unlikely fm what we hv learned so far.

Omio
July 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
We spin attack is very good and they will b enough to kill zim batsman,

Sovik
July 25, 2006, 06:34 AM
we have decent bowling attack but our problem is still our batsman. only shahriar nafees showed some consistancy. we will need a good batting performance if we want to see satisfactory result

tiger1000
July 26, 2006, 11:06 AM
i think zimb have no chance of winning the series unless bdesh players really mess up

detroitpagla
July 26, 2006, 11:52 AM
I think bd can score 300+ if Ash and Bash gets their bats going. Also I think we can keep Zim under 200 runs if Mash and R&R can do some hardcore bowling. However, Im looking forward seeing S.Nafis and the new kids coming up with a big scores.

Fazal
July 26, 2006, 12:35 PM
too many ifs in the argument is a prime candidate for butt of jokes

SMHasan
July 26, 2006, 07:33 PM
Rafique is thousand times better than Utseya!!! :flag:

Rafique is million times better than Utseya!

al Furqaan
July 26, 2006, 09:07 PM
how fast is your pace attack? cuz you probably going to face midium pacers in Mahwire 136km/h, Mpariwa 134km/h

andy,

mashrafee is gonna bowl every ball around 130-133 kph...not much deviation in either speed or line and length. he may pop a bouncer or a yorker here and there and get up to 136, maybe a tad bit faster. he can bowl 140+ at will, but i highly doubt you will see anything beyond 136, fast-medium.

shahadat is a yard quicker by most people's observations. he hurried the Lankan and Aussie batsman on benign Bangladeshi wickets...so i heard. so i'm guessing he bowls in the upper 130s perhaps as fast as low 140s.

then u have Shahadat--> this guy bowls in mid 140s and has the character of a genuine pace bowler with all the aggression and intimidation.

rajib's not that fast...is he?

rasel is quite a bit slower than the other 2...but just as accurate as mashrafee...rasel can swing it both ways quite a bit...only bowls around 120, no faster than 125.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

fhstar
July 26, 2006, 09:54 PM
andy,

mashrafee is gonna bowl every ball around 130-133 kph...

shahadat is a yard quicker by most people's observations. he hurried the Lankan and Aussie batsman on benign Bangladeshi wickets...so i heard. so i'm guessing he bowls in the upper 130s perhaps as fast as low 140s.

rajib's not that fast...is he?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

No hard feelings intended towards u ... but where have u been ... the DEFINING moment of the first test against the Aussies ... the aggression that Rajib showed in hitting the helmet of Ponting ... with only 1 run needed for victory ... with Ponting well-set with a century ... if I remember (pls correct me if I am wrong), it was off Rajib's bowling that Mashrafe dropped Ponting's catch ... and with that the match ...

Rabz
July 27, 2006, 01:40 AM
u r right Al-Furqaan, i think Shahadat mostly bowls at upper 130's to low 140's
but that was in dead spin freindly Bangladeshi pitch..
i think he has the potential and ability to bowl in mid range 140's or even little faster.. all he needs is some time.. find his feet, get his proper rhythm going and with a little bit of maturity and experience, he is going to shape up to be an asset of our team.
the combo of Mash n Shahadat is exactly what we needed, along with Rasel as the third pacer. perfect trio id say

tiger1000
July 28, 2006, 04:24 AM
i think mortaza pace will be between 80 mph - 85.5 mph

i think shadat-h pace will be between 80 mph - 88 mph

i think rasel pace will be between 70 mph - 76 mph

akabir77
July 28, 2006, 08:11 AM
Shadat is still not fit for ODI's he bowls too short and sp in zimbo slow wickts it won't work.... on the other hand rassell's swing will be very effective as there r breeze in the field and he can be iconomical in ODI... but if the pitch is green and fast then all mean take shadat...Though I think he is great for TEST for now

Tigers_eye
July 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
Exploiting the condition. What did Mash and Rasel do to the SL at a flat pitch like Bogura? I think the runrate at one point after 10 overs were two or below two. That's how good these two are. Then came Paposh to resque SL.

SS
July 28, 2006, 09:11 AM
Exploiting the condition. What did Mash and Rasel do to the SL at a flat pitch like Bogura? I think the runrate at one point after 10 overs were two or below two. That's how good these two are. Then came Paposh to resque SL.
Yeah, he was like super man...so nice so hand...ops thukku...but I guess he thought SL as BD players. some of them look alike. Then he realized ops what did I do...but it's too late!

Andy-Flower
July 28, 2006, 09:11 AM
lets get back to the topic...shall we

Zim are better at defending a score than chasing one... i feel we can defend 280
if ever we can get those many runs..and also we cant hunt down 250..

SS
July 28, 2006, 09:22 AM
lets get back to the topic...shall we

Zim are better at defending a score than chasing one... i feel we can defend 280
if ever we can get those many runs..and also we cant hunt down 250..
Sorry Andy mate...we love fascinations and we day dream a lot and thus go off topic.
Indeed looking at recent Zimb scoring capability I agree with u that you guys have the abililty to score and also chase high runs.

Andy-Flower
July 29, 2006, 01:40 AM
WASap SS? good luck mayne^^...the games bout to start

tiger1000
July 31, 2006, 05:01 PM
bdesh should aim to win for 40 or more runs
and if batting second we should win by 4 or more

HereWeGo
August 1, 2006, 04:27 AM
No hard feelings intended towards u ... but where have u been ... the DEFINING moment of the first test against the Aussies ... the aggression that Rajib showed in hitting the helmet of Ponting ... with only 1 run needed for victory ... with Ponting well-set with a century ... if I remember (pls correct me if I am wrong), it was off Rajib's bowling that Mashrafe dropped Ponting's catch ... and with that the match ...

Wat is wrong with u guys, Rajib is shahadat...

Ahmed_B
August 1, 2006, 06:50 AM
LOL... the full official name of our big Shaq is 'Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib!"
Profile: http://www.banglacricket.com/games/profile.php?c=28

So cool down guys! ;)