PDA

View Full Version : how fast is forhad reza??

al Furqaan
July 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
his just a RM or at least a RMF?

we need badly a line and length quick bowler regardless of his speed.

mash and rajib should take care of the minimum speed requirements...but rasel needs a LL partner.

sunniath
July 22, 2006, 06:51 PM
he is seen as the replacement of chacha.so he is probably another "nutuputu" pacer.

Spitfire_x86
July 22, 2006, 10:22 PM
probably Chacha speed

thebest
July 23, 2006, 01:57 AM
He is chacha speed a putuputu bowler, which I have deduct from Today's paper. We do not need another chacha. It is better to take chance on raw pace (like Shafaq/Rabin) than this putuputu bowler

Shafi
July 23, 2006, 03:19 AM
how tall is he? Chacha speed can be tolerable but bouncers from that height are intolerable :P

Sovik
July 23, 2006, 07:02 AM
last thing we need in bd team is another chacha

Rabz
July 23, 2006, 07:32 AM
may be a taller, slimmer, faster, better version of chacha ??
someone who can actually bat and bowl...

Shafin
July 23, 2006, 07:42 AM
I believe he is better than Chacha with bat.

Sovik
July 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
His oneday stats (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimvbdesh/content/player/55894.html) is not that bad. lets see what he can do in this series

Omio
July 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
[বাংলা]নিরিহ গোছের হবে আর কি,[/বাংলা]

Faceoff
July 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
Babubangla bhaier notun hero (chacha's replacement) !!

Fazal
July 24, 2006, 12:23 PM
Looks like you guys are busy killing this kid's career even before it started by connecting him with ChaCha.

Just remember.... ChaCha comes once in a lifetime.... not by hali or by dozens every year.

Spitfire_x86
July 25, 2006, 11:41 AM
Just remember.... ChaCha comes once in a lifetime.... not by hali or by dozens every year.
But Musfiqur Rahman Babus come by hali/dozens every year :(

SS
July 25, 2006, 11:52 AM
what can hali/dozen slow medium without any variation do in 20/20 or aggresive cricket.
ODI cricket has tremendously changed, days are gone when team was satisfied with 250 score. Now batsmen can easily achieve it doing "homework" with certain bowlers when to hit & what not to hit. Coaching got improved with technology involvement in it. As batsmen tend to score close to 300 and bowlers tend to restrict below 250, obviously batsmen with strike rate very low and bowler with ordinary variation or speed won't stay in the competition. And they should make their way to the ONES who are up to date with new ODI cricket tend.

sonarbangla
July 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
hmm yeah i heard the same.. we got another pacha mota bowler on the team.. ;D

TheWatcher
July 25, 2006, 04:12 PM
we got another pacha mota bowler on the team.. ;D
According to DW, Farhad is one of the most fit players in the team. Also, he could be a quite a dangerous bowler on a seaming track. Look at the SL-A vs BD-A first OD scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/97/97154.html).

Fazal
July 25, 2006, 04:36 PM
pacha mota player have some hope that someday he may reduce his pacha. Just look at Inzy, from Alu to almost Tunni Munni Pacha.

But with matha mota player? There is no hope.

Sovik
July 25, 2006, 05:07 PM
But with matha mota player? There is no hope.

like ashraful.

we need an allrounder who can score runs & take wickets in regular basis.

Omio
July 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
we hav some promising allrounder, but we waste them,

billah
July 25, 2006, 07:23 PM
Back to thread topic, Forhad is RFM (Right arm fast medium). He was not picked from the Pacer Hunt, so, I'm guessing speed is not one of his specialties. I still wonder why he was picked ahead of Mehrab Jr or other talented players. I have not seen or heard him doing anything spectacular. He is only 20 years old. Hope he can improve himself fast.

sonarbangla
July 25, 2006, 07:52 PM
i think he promised to vote for BNP on the upcoming election.. :D

TheWatcher
July 25, 2006, 08:02 PM
Reza's bowling stats in the last two A-team serieses (SL-A, Zim-A. One day matches):

Overs- 59/Runs- 277/Wkts- 18/5w- 1/4w- 1/Ave- 15.39/SR- 19.67/Econ- 4.69

Source (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/74/74007/a_Bowling_by_Opponent.html)

He is no McGrath, but who else do you guys suggest to take in his place as the fourth pacer for the team ?

al Furqaan
July 25, 2006, 09:32 PM
may be a taller, slimmer, faster, better version of chacha ??
someone who can actually bat and bowl...

is as tall as sakib who is taller than bashar (and taller than i expected)

maybe 5-10...not bad for a 4th string (and our shortest pacer)

Fazal
July 30, 2006, 11:05 AM
Congratulation Forhad by utilizing the first opportunity in national team !!!

He passed the 1st test with flying color both with the bat (as the 6th Batsman) but also as a bowler (5th bowler).

Looks like not only he is a capable effective ODI bowler but also a capable 6th batsman. He was:

- Quite economical bowler. bowled all his 10 overs without too many runs.
- He know how to dig in in crisis mode and bat resonably.
- He is a much better fielder
- He can hit the ball hard and well
- He knows how to take 1s to keep the score runnng
- While batting, not only he stopped the bleeding, but kept a good SR

It was refreshing to see these young guns play so well, taking full advantage of the opportunity that they gets unlike some other bhai marka so called talented kid phenoms and all those under performing old stinging f[]rts in the team.

Thats why I would like to see what Saquib can do also. I am tired of watching these same -ol same ol playing safe with the old under acheiving team. If we cannot inject some new blood in the team before the next year's world cup, we will have another very disapointed world cup.

Here are some of the comment about Forhad Reza after his performance:

"But showing no signs of nerves the newcomer raced to his half century off 54 balls before an Edward Rainsford Yorker went through his defences. With Mashud, Reza produced 71 runs for the sixth wicket and kept the Tigers on course for a respectable total. More importantly, the right-hander showed purpose that has been missing from some of his more experienced teammates." -- cricinfo

"He ran the singles hard but also gave it all while hitting the big shots. There were a couple of fiercely struck straight drives that belied his slender built and Utseya was also lifted over the long on rope with the ball going up miles in the air." - Rabeed Imam

"With Reza’s inclusion they have the right sort of inspiration as he is an effective medium pacer and a brilliant fielder. " Rabeed Imam

Good luck Forhad Reza. I hope you will continue to do well in future games for Bangladesh and end any controveries about the 6th position in our batting order.

Omio
July 30, 2006, 11:40 AM
forhad vai zindabad..

Imtiaz
July 30, 2006, 11:43 AM
Reza's bowling stats in the last two A-team serieses (SL-A, Zim-A. One day matches):

Overs- 59/Runs- 277/Wkts- 18/5w- 1/4w- 1/Ave- 15.39/SR- 19.67/Econ- 4.69

These are incredible stats. I baulked at SR of 19.67 . But, then 59 overs / 18 = 19.67 balls per wicket.

OK. it was only SL-A and Zim-A but this was also Reza's first outing. He must have something which has propelled him ahead of Mehrab Jr. and Saqib Hasan. Mehrab did particularly well with the U19's - both with bat and ball.

But still , what's his pace. Low 70's or high 70's. Low 80's anyone ?

mac
July 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
Hats off to this new comer.:up:

Ak
July 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
Probably 75 mph

FagunerAgun
July 30, 2006, 09:00 PM
if the young guys can bowl and bat in this good way, then we don't need ASH any more as he is too expensive in batting and bowling that the team can't afford.

So ASH should be dropped from the roaster asap.

FagunerAgun
July 30, 2006, 09:02 PM
I hope and pray that Saquibul Hassan will give us better performance than Farhad Reza.

Go new boys go, make your days in the team.

LateCut
July 30, 2006, 09:51 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/255092.html

According to CI he is RFM. But look at the follow through after probably a hook! Must have been a confident looking shot!

sadi
July 30, 2006, 09:53 PM
yeah looked about the same pace as chacha...maybe a bit quicker...

shaoun
July 30, 2006, 09:55 PM
good to see farhad reza performing well in his first match. inshallah he can keep it up. well by scoring 50 in odi farhad reza now holds the record of scoring the highest runs in his debut odi match for bangladesh. khaled mahmud had the highest before with 48 runs. i hope he can continue it with better teams.

Hasib
July 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
some of you guys are pathatic....the day after he plays a major role in saving our backside you are at his throat...

shaoun
July 30, 2006, 11:24 PM
some of you guys are pathatic....the day after he plays a major role in saving our backside you are at his throat...
he did show some potential in his first international match. but true this was just one time. he needs to be consistant with his performance. he has the potential now he has to play good innins with zimbabwe and kenya and also with stronger opponents in the future.

DJ Sahastra
July 30, 2006, 11:48 PM
I can't believe this.

Who cares what speed he bowls with or whose batting style he follows as long as he delivers the goods?

There have been many military medium-pacers with good bat who had had huge impacts on the game.

As long as this guy delivers what is expected of him, there is no need to ponder too much into his apeed or batting style.

thebest
July 31, 2006, 05:05 AM
Because we are ঘর পোড়া গরু. Remeber Ash, Tapash, Talha all have fantastic debut. It is better to be underestimating then regret what would have been.

Hatebreed
July 31, 2006, 06:52 AM
He doesn't have to be chacha, he can be bhatija..

It doesn't matter how fast it is as long as he bowls well, maintains line and length and puts pressure on the opponent. Meanwhile it's best to let him concentrate on his batting.

sadi
July 31, 2006, 08:44 AM
I can't believe this.

Who cares what speed he bowls with or whose batting style he follows as long as he delivers the goods?

There have been many military medium-pacers with good bat who had had huge impacts on the game.

I guess they question came out of curiousity and has no intention of undermining him... some people are just too anxious to jump on someone

detroitpagla
July 31, 2006, 09:45 AM
I think we should add another pace bowler so:
-Razzaq +Syed Rusel
-Gollaaa(time to retire) +Rajin
-Ashraful(I hate him now) +Saquib
wat do u guys think?