PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will be the most successful batsman on this african tour?

layperson
July 23, 2006, 02:11 PM
I was curious to find out who would get the most votes to be the most successful batsman and bowler for this African tour. The players with the highest vote would seem to be ones from whom we the fans expect the most I guess.

My personal choice for the the best batsman ie. higest run getter for Bangladesh for this series would be Aftab Ahmed.

As far as bowlers are concerned I would like to think that Shahdat might end up with the higest wickets.

You can vote for bowlers and batsman together. You can vote for multiple choices, so that means we will have one batsman and one bowler who will lead in their category.

MarufH
July 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
I think its Shahreer Nafis and Rafique.

Sovik
July 23, 2006, 03:28 PM
some one voted for rajib!

TheWatcher
July 23, 2006, 03:56 PM
some one voted for rajib!
You did not read the poll question, did you ?

It is a multiple poll to select who do you think will be the best batsman and the best bowler in the Africa tour. So, yeah, someone voted for Rajib as the best bowler.

Omio
July 23, 2006, 04:02 PM
Must be Aftab Ahmed, big big sixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

israr
July 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
You can never be sure with Ash, if he's on song, then I think we're on our way of an imminent whitewash against the Zimbs.

Hatebreed
July 23, 2006, 05:26 PM
Shahriar and Ashraful... Well I really hope Ash will perform.

mac
July 23, 2006, 06:56 PM
Sahriar Nafis or Ash. Rafique should top the bowlers list. Mashrafee has a slight backpain so nothing can be said about him.:flag:

mac
July 23, 2006, 06:59 PM
What has happened to the Bashar's fan? No one is voting him. Ooops! Its an ODI series!:flag:

Sovik
July 23, 2006, 07:21 PM
i just read topics name but didn't read the poll question

Tigers_eye
July 23, 2006, 09:35 PM
Others: R Saleh.

sabbir ahmad
July 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
Shahriar Nafees

kalpurush
July 24, 2006, 12:21 AM
My gamble is on Ashraful!:rolleyes:

bapzmania
July 24, 2006, 03:46 AM
Ashraful........always........bro Prove It Again...u R The One.....

Rabz
July 24, 2006, 04:03 AM
Batsman: Bashar/Ash
Bowler : Shahadat

Sovik
July 24, 2006, 05:16 AM
shahriar nafees
mohammad rafiq

Andy-Flower
July 24, 2006, 06:45 AM
Aftab Ahmed THE ZIM DESTROYER!!!! will score 3 fifties at a strike rate of over 100%

Omio
July 24, 2006, 07:18 AM
Aftab Ahmed THE ZIM DESTROYER!!!! will score 3 fifties at a strike rate of over 100%
I agree with u,
If zim score180-220,
if bd win within 35 overs,
definetly where will some aftab magic..

Ahmed_B
July 24, 2006, 08:54 AM
interesting poll results!

Rafiq, Mashree, Shahadat got 9,5 & 4 votes respectively! :)

sadi
July 24, 2006, 09:17 AM
shahriar nafees and mashrafee

SS
July 24, 2006, 09:42 AM
It's hard to predict after a long break. I go by productivity and results. Ash had games oversees but what good it brought to him besides playing in a different environment. For Aftab showed some promise in practive matches. But Aftab gota realize game plan and also understand hitting over the rope doesn't always necesarily save a team and a batsmen. Bashar shows little maturity nowadays, and trust me we really need that these two month long series. So, Bashar/Aftab more likely should score. I have to see how SN does in few games to comment about him. It seems he is enjoying batting out there. Will Pilot revive again, though he is not in the poll. He realized time to show still what he is left with.

On the other hand, if it's a slow pitch, our spinners could grab some wkts.

I can see a great competition coming towards our team, as Zimb A team came back last few matches.

AsifTheManRahman
July 24, 2006, 09:48 AM
What has happened to the Bashar's fan? No one is voting him. Ooops! Its an ODI series!:flag:

Actually, I would disagree with anyone who says Bashar will not shine in Africa. Having watched the last couple of series, I'd say he has improved a lot in ODI's. He has learnt the virtue of sticking in there, rotating the strike in the middle overs and taking it easy. He has saved our butts and steered us to victory on quite a few occassions. Ashraful/Rajin/Someone else might have been the hero in our wins against Kenya and Sri Lanka, but we couldn't have done it had bashar not dug us out of the kind of hagu our top order put us in.

He may be old and have a crappy ODI record, but if he keeps this up, he might win us some more in the next couple of years.

Other than that, I think Shahriar Nafees will crack a couple of 50's - I really have a lot of faith in the guy - and Rajin will hopefully be in runs. I also predict fireworks from Aftab, either as a one-downer or late in the innings.

Ahmed_B
July 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
I hope Aftab starts off from where he stopped against Zimbabwe(that Blasting innings in 5th ODI in dhaka) and givs the ZIM's some real nightmares!

kalpurush
July 24, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yes...akhono sharir-mon-a Shihoron jage! I was blessed to watch that game( I went to Bangladesh only to watch the last ODI( meeting my parents was a bonus!!) and Aftab made my day glorious and memoriable!!!

layperson
July 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
interesting poll results!

Rafiq, Mashree, Shahadat got 9,5 & 4 votes respectively! :)

They got voted as the best bowler. The poll question is who do you think will be the best batsman and bowler in this African tour. Since this is a multiple choice poll you could have chosen a bowler and a batsman and at the end there would be one winner in each category. Like now shariar nafees is leading as the batsman who is expected to score the most runs and Rafique as the bowler to take most wickets.

One interesting thing to note is that SN is getting so many votes only because he scored heavily in the series against Kenya and one Test against Australia. So it would be safe to assume that most fans judge players from the most recent performances. However I still think SN has some technical flaws which would make it hard for him to continue being a success story. However if he can get those fixed then that would be another story. Or maybe he might turn out to be like ganguly and still score despite the technical flaws. Our best batsman in Test cricket ( according to average) Bashar is probably the worst of the batsmen in terms of technic and fluency. He looks very awkward when batting but he has scored the most runs consistently so it might be that determination and grit is more important where our players are concerned. This would mean that there is not much difference talent wise among our players. I still feel Aftab will be the one to watch out for in this series and also for the future along with ashraful. But my vote went for Aftab for this tour.

billah
July 24, 2006, 04:44 PM
Ahem.. Shahriyar...

I think we are making a mess out of your poll, since the topic is misleading.. no mention of bowler there..

Fazal
July 24, 2006, 05:13 PM
I voted for all of them. Ei Vote dite Poisa Lagee Na.

BangladeshFan
July 24, 2006, 05:18 PM
ya SN has some flaws in technique and i doubt he can ever correct them. i guess at this level players cant make that much of a major change as this technique is what put them in that level in the first place. SN makes up for his deficiency by some gorgeous strokes. when i was in bd, i watched bd vs. sl test and i guess the best strokes came from his bat.

i voted for my favorites, aftab and rafiq. if aftab gets going he can really demoralise the opposition, thats why he should come at 3 so that bd can use him maximum, 6 is too low for him.

Sauron
July 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
I have a complaint -

Where is JO in this list?

layperson
July 24, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ahem.. Shahriyar...

I think we are making a mess out of your poll, since the topic is misleading.. no mention of bowler there..

Sorry I slipped while writing the thread topic. If any of the moderators can correct it that would be great.

layperson
July 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
I have a complaint -

Where is JO in this list?

I dint think anyone would vote for him so did not put his name on the list but you can always choose "others" and mention Javed Omar :) in your post.

PoorFan
July 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
My first choice is Bashar, Nafees comes next followed by Sakib though he is not in the list. Ash & Aftab is more like gamble ( lack of consistency ), since I don't like play gamble ... they remains out of my list.
<!--StartFragment -->

Zunaid
July 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
Fresh from Dhaka :)

PoorFan
July 25, 2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome back Zunaid! You looks grate, hope you having nice time in Dhaka.
Btw, you looks like Veron with that skinhead!

Zunaid
July 25, 2006, 01:29 AM
Welcome back Zunaid! You looks grate, hope you having nice time in Dhaka.
Btw, you looks like Veron with that skinhead!

I never left the US .... just the outfit is brand spanking' new. Got in last night.

PoorFan
July 25, 2006, 01:40 AM
I never left the US .... just the outfit is brand spanking' new. Got in last night.
<!--StartFragment -->Oh noo ... I thought those pictures and outfit were 'Fresh from Dhaka':confused:

Andy-Flower
July 25, 2006, 02:08 AM
still maintain Aftab Ahmed as the one who will put nails on the Zimbos..Nafees, Ashraful and the other guys will do their work as out and out batsmen but Ahmed destroyed Zim the last series and he will be the man to look out for..he might not score many 50s but he will win the matches for you...coz no matter how good the other guys are, there is always an average player who is self motivated to do well against a particular opposition

My favorite BD players --> Ashraful...the number one being AHMED AHMED AHMED!!!!

Rabz
July 25, 2006, 03:28 AM
its good to see that u really like Aftab mate.. we all love him too..its just unfortunate that he hasnt played to his true abilities yet..a flair here and there..but trust me, he can do much much more..just needs to find that consistant feet.

Andy-Flower
July 25, 2006, 04:58 AM
thats true mate i also feel he is can play better he just needs to be consistent

AHMED AHMED!!

Omio
July 25, 2006, 06:14 AM
lack of consistent is the big prblem for BD batsman,
all of oyr couch wrok fot it for a long time,
still we havent overcome from this.