PDA

View Full Version : DW's column: Africa here we come

TheWatcher
July 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
DW's column (http://tigercricket.com/PostDav5.aspx)

My comment: I don't understand why DW wants to play only two pacer per match. On the sporting Harare pitch, I think, playing all three pacers together would be more fruitful.

fwullah
July 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
[বাংলা]FAfvsymg viFAQsVjFA bbtUdwbb Nl[/বাংলা]

sadi
July 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
good column... good to see everyone working hard and fighting for a place in the team...

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2006, 11:07 AM
"During the Bangladesh A tour of Zimbabwe our spinners have done well but if you are good enough as a quick then it is better to bowl there than here." Here DW hints that he is not sold on spinners we have for Zimbabwe conditions. However, the spinners did the damage rather than the pacers. So I would agree to have two pacers and two spinners with Aftab, Ash, Rajin, Forhad splitting the ten overs.

Nasif
July 24, 2006, 11:23 AM
[বাংলা]FAfvsymg viFAQsVjFA bbtUdwbb Nl[/বাংলা]

fw: You will need to setup Bangla Unicode to type in Bangla. Typing with non-Unicode based Bangla software will not work.

Just follow the guide in http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/bangla

TheWatcher
July 24, 2006, 11:43 AM
"During the Bangladesh A tour of Zimbabwe our spinners have done well but if you are good enough as a quick then it is better to bowl there than here." Here DW hints that he is not sold on spinners we have for Zimbabwe conditions. However, the spinners did the damage rather than the pacers. So I would agree to have two pacers and two spinners with Aftab, Ash, Rajin, Forhad splitting the ten overs.
During the A-team tour, spinners did relatively better than pacers. But other than Sakib taking four wickets twice, there is no notable figure from the spinners.

What I heard is that Harare pitch is faster than the pitches the A-team played on. Also, even though Zimbos handles medium pacers well, they are real weak against genuine quickies and left arm seamers. So, I don't see why we should not we go in the matches with our two quality quickies along with the left arm seamer.

Only reason I think why DW is picking two pacer at a time is that he does not have full confidence in their fitness and wants to rotate them through out the series.

Fazal
July 24, 2006, 12:17 PM
I like this two pacer and roattion business. Two plays and the 3rd goed to "oxygen bar" to combat fatigue.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41923000/jpg/_41923842_afp416oxygen.jpg

BangladeshFan
July 24, 2006, 12:18 PM
No javed omar please! he got another chance of playing lesser opposition when he will make 50 off 100 balls against some naive zim/kenya bowlers.... and his close friend Bashar will praise him no end, while conveniently over looking consistent performers like rana.

kalpurush
July 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
During the A-team tour, spinners did relatively better than pacers. But other than Sakib taking four wickets twice, there is no notable figure from the spinners.

What I heard is that Harare pitch is faster than the pitches the A-team played on. Also, even though Zimbos handles medium pacers well, they are real weak against genuine quickies and left arm seamers. So, I don't see why we should not we go in the matches with our two quality quickies along with the left arm seamer.

Only reason I think why DW is picking two pacer at a time is that he does not have full confidence in their fitness and wants to rotate them through out the series.

I agree with The Watcher. Two pacers and two spinners might be more balanced than three pacers and one spinner!

HereWeGo
July 24, 2006, 11:13 PM
definately 2 pacer 2 spinner.
With Zimbabwe and kenya i will always prefer rasel over shahdat. Against any Quality opposition Shahadat is an automatic choice over rasel's extremely, irritatingly, miserly, excruciatingly very very very slow medium pace. Shahadat is my favourite player from bangladesh. I mean the way he hit ponting's helmet with that sharp bouncer is something i will always cherish. he has the fast bowlers zeal and another something that a fast bowler must have which is the ability to bowl fast (unlike our chacha).

Rabz
July 25, 2006, 12:26 AM
i wud prefer shahadat, he pace and attitude will be very intimadating for the naive zims and that could work very good for us. with Mash's accurate RMF and Shahadat's pace, it wud be a deadly alliance, like mcgrath and lee.

PoorFan
July 25, 2006, 12:39 AM
We should try and see how it works playing trio of our pacers in couple of games. I will be happy to see them playing in a game after taking the series in pocket.

Andy-Flower
July 25, 2006, 03:44 AM
DW's column (http://tigercricket.com/PostDav5.aspx)

My comment: I don't understand why DW wants to play only two pacer per match. On the sporting Harare pitch, I think, playing all three pacers together would be more fruitful.

I also think three pacers will do good, cuz HSC is a fast pitch and also Zim struggles with genuine pace. Unless if the groundsmen slow it down big tyme;)

akabir77
July 25, 2006, 09:46 AM
Which way would Zimbo go?
If they make the pitch Fast then We have 3 pacers and 2 medium
If they make it slow then.....

Uffffffff I love it...

Make it fast Its Going Down
Make it Slow Its Going Down
Either way You're guarantied ITS GOING DOWN

Rabz
July 25, 2006, 09:51 AM
Which way would Zimbo go?
If they make the pitch Fast then We have 3 pacers and 2 medium
If they make it slow then.....
Uffffffff I love it...
Make it fast Its Going Down
Make it Slow Its Going Down
Either way You're guarantied ITS GOING DOWN

ha ha mate.. u make us sound like Australia..:p

sadi
July 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
nah... he makes us sound like YoungJoc :)

SS
July 25, 2006, 10:31 AM
you should maintain the professionalism even when you are favorties and don't wash away with emotions.

SMHasan
July 25, 2006, 08:01 PM

oh if we could played like them! Believe the days are not that far.

kalpurush
July 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
you should maintain the professionalism even when you are favorties and don't wash away with emotions.

Like electronic fan: professional and emotions less!:D

Andy-Flower
July 26, 2006, 12:46 AM

yeah..,he's confident he has every reason to be...Tigers are playing good

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 01:23 AM
yeah..,he's confident he has every reason to be...Tigers are playing good

yes we are, and we hope to up our performance chart every series..
and one day we will play like Australia.. but for now..
im optimistic but cautious..if u hv followed BD cricket u wud know why mate..
our team has the reputation of breaking our heart more often than not

Sovik
July 26, 2006, 06:07 AM
i like to see rajib, rasel and marshri playing together. but its not likely to happen. d w might considered aftab as third seamer & or new chacha as 4th

Fazal
July 29, 2006, 06:09 PM
Yes Africa Here we Come....

http://www.azwingwaxers.com/plane%20crash.jpg

Omio
July 29, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yes Africa Here we Come....

http://www.azwingwaxers.com/plane%20crash.jpg

lol ,fazal vai..
eta ki apner private biman ta naki?