PDA

View Full Version : Who is the current BD national team manager?

Mahmood
July 25, 2006, 09:29 AM
Is it still Latif? No Chacha? Is it a selector?

Nasif
July 25, 2006, 09:43 AM
I think its Chacha. This is his first assignment.

sadi
July 25, 2006, 09:44 AM
really?? chacha??

Rabz
July 25, 2006, 09:45 AM
chacha our manager ???
damn..there goes the fitness routine

Nasif
July 25, 2006, 09:47 AM
Don't quote me on that. I am not sure on that :)

Ehsan
July 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
No its not Chacha. Chacha has been hired as an "Operations manager", which I think is for the academy.

In its first step, BCB has recently appointed former Bangladesh captain Khaled Mahmud as its operations manager and the former all-rounder was very excited and optimistic with the new venture.

Full Article On the Academy - http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/07/18/d60718040129.htm

rudro
July 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
No it is Shafikul Haque Hira
সাংবাদিককে দেখে রীতিমতো দৌড়ে আসলেন বাংলাদেশ দলের ম্যানেজার শফিকুল হক হীরা৷
source :
http://www.jaijaidin.com/view_news.php?News-ID=7194&issue=46&nav_id=4

Omio
July 25, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yea, its latif,,

kalpurush
July 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
rudro or omio...who's info is correct?!

TheWatcher
July 25, 2006, 02:01 PM
Shafiqul Haque Hira was the team manager for the last two serieses (Ken, Aus), so I believe Rudro is right.

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 01:19 AM
insnt Col Latif the guy who spoke in urdu in a press conference on our pakistan tour 03 ? i dont want that guy anywhere near our any national sport... shala rajakar

Shafin
July 26, 2006, 02:42 AM
it's Hira.
And sydney,speaking urdu does not make one razakar.The British oppressed us more than the Pakistani,does :up: that make all of us who speak english Mir Jafar-Jagat Sheth?

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 03:12 AM
Shafin, but English is the internatioal language. its spoken all over the world as a medium of common language when two parties hv their separate ones.

our liberation movement, independence war all started with one issue, ie, being able to talk in bangla alongside urdu in then pakistan, which they refused to accept. u know the whole story.
so after 35 years of independence, when some national team manager goes to pakistan and speaks urdu, to me, he disrespected the war, the martyrs and the sacrifice of all those who given their everything for the birth of our nation.

it was not mandatory for him to do so, english wud hv bn just fine. do u ever hear indians (excl ganguli) or pakistanis even trying to speak Bangla when they come to our country ??

sorry to bring an off-topic, but to me, thats just unacceptable.

HereWeGo
July 26, 2006, 03:42 AM
Shafin, but English is the internatioal language. its spoken all over the world as a medium of common language when two parties hv their separate ones.

our liberation movement, independence war all started with one issue, ie, being able to talk in bangla alongside urdu in then pakistan, which they refused to accept. u know the whole story.
so after 35 years of independence, when some national team manager goes to pakistan and speaks urdu, to me, he disrespected the war, the martyrs and the sacrifice of all those who given their everything for the birth of our nation.

it was not mandatory for him to do so, english wud hv bn just fine. do u ever hear indians (excl ganguli) or pakistanis even trying to speak Bangla when they come to our country ??

sorry to bring an off-topic, but to me, thats just unacceptable.

Hey I do agree with you. What he did was totally unacceptable. However I still do not think that it is a good idea to call someone a Razakar. We consider that word as the worst quote that one can throw at some one. I love ur passion for our country and i do share it with u but i guess the word suits some of our perliamentarian more than our poor ex manager. I believe BCB should have sacked this man a long time back tho. Again I salute ur passion for our country.

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 04:42 AM
Hey I do agree with you. What he did was totally unacceptable. However I still do not think that it is a good idea to call someone a Razakar. We consider that word as the worst quote that one can throw at some one. I love ur passion for our country and i do share it with u but i guess the word suits some of our perliamentarian more than our poor ex manager. I believe BCB should have sacked this man a long time back tho. Again I salute ur passion for our country.

thnx mate.. i appreciate ur support..and agree with u
our current politicians are no better than those rajakars during the war.
but then again, what is the definition of a rajakar? isnt it someone who despite being a Bangladeshi, showed thier alliance and legions to pakistanis and helped killing our civilians, freedom fighters and the intellectuals ??
if that is so, and if someone goes to pakistan ( specially as part of our national team and representing our country)and shows his love for their language or rather stupidly, tries to show his ability to speak in thier language, AFAIK, he shows a bit of such alliance. i myself understand hindi or to that extend urdu( by virtue of the invasion of hindi movies in our country), but i never ever talk to any indians or pakistani with any other language but english. if they understand Bangla, thats very good, but if not, English is the way.

saying so, id say let us focus on the current topic of the thread.
Thank you again.
:flag: :flag: :flag:

akabir77
July 26, 2006, 09:18 AM
Ok I agree with Sydney The guy should have been fired right after that incident RAZAKAR or not.

But speaking of talk in Hindi here r one scenario that i saw ...

Two guys seating in their leaving room speaking in Hindi. one in very fluent and the other one not so much... Can you tell which one is from Bangladesh and which one from INDIA? you guessed it wrong the fluent one is from BD and most amazing part is both can speak bangla as the other one is frm kalkata... I can't get this picture out of my mind....

I think most banglai's r proud to show their ability to speak in hindi/urdu no matter what generation u r from. But there r lot of indian's don't speak in hindi and we should learn from them (most from karala or south). I have lots of friend from both india, pakistan, srilanka... saw all kind (some want to attack bd, some want to help) but mostly they find this amazing that number of bd people's ability to speak in hindi/urdu... And when u meet one of them they auto thinks u can speak too...

I don't know when bd people will understand that this makes you lower then them and I even though i can speak both I don't (only to my baby seater as she can't speak English at all).. So those who know these language dont be a Cornell Latif try to be a SYDNEY

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 09:41 AM
Ok I agree with Sydney The guy should have been fired right after that incident RAZAKAR or not.

And when u meet one of them they auto thinks u can speak too...

I don't know when bd people will understand that this makes you lower then them and I even though i can speak both I don't (only to my baby seater as she can't speak English at all).. So those who know these language dont be a Cornell Latif try to be a SYDNEY

thanks mate..
and thats what frustats me the most.. most of the indians/pakis i met, the moment they knew im from Bangladesh, they'd start to speak in thier language and makes a really surprising face when they find out that i dont understand theirs. always comes back with the question: "how come u dont, all Bangladeshis do"?

trust me man..at that point, i feel like killing them.. i even had verbal argument with few about why i dont and how many of us doesnt..which they find hard to believe.. its even harder to make a blatant face trying NOT to understand what they r saying even though u DO.

its our fault. us as a Bangladeshis arent proud enough of our heritage and language that we try to associate us with our bigger neighbours. if ppl ask me, i always say "india is our neighbour" NOT AS "we are india's neighbour"

Tigers_eye
July 26, 2006, 09:45 AM
Sydney,
Love you man. Don't hold grudge against pakistanis because of what Bhutto and Y Khan, Tikka khan did to us. The tour of our cricket team was a friendly one. It was to stablish friendship not dig up old wounds. Flashing old scars are the Indian way. Don't label rajakar if a Bangladeshi speaks urdu. There are over 100,000 people who do that even in their home near mohammadpur. Have mercy.

sadi
July 26, 2006, 09:59 AM
wow looks like the topic took an u-turn and went back to 1971. lol. Anyways, love to see the passion of sydney and I can fully understand his feelings. I do the same. Eventhough I understand hindi or urdu, I refuse to use this language while communicating. I mean its understandable if you choose to talk to your buddies in hindi or urdu but when you are on a official tour, you have to be smarter and represent your country the proper way.

cricket_dorshok
July 26, 2006, 11:07 AM
Sydney

:fanflag:
Salute!!!

Rabz
July 26, 2006, 11:52 AM
thnk guys

akabir77
July 26, 2006, 12:14 PM
On the topic...
I think Hira is the manager

kalpurush
July 26, 2006, 12:33 PM
Photograph of our new national cricket team manager(!):

http://www.worlds-largest-diamonds.com/excelsior.gif

Fazal
July 26, 2006, 12:42 PM
Bagh Bhai,

ei te ki real Diamond na ki American Diamond (i.e. Zirconium) ?

akabir77
July 26, 2006, 01:26 PM
ok its confirmed

"Mashrafee bowled brilliantly in the match. He not only exploited the condition but also bowled consistently on the right spot. It was nice to see him bowling his heart out on this beautiful ground," team manager Shafiqul Haque Hira told The Daily Star Sport over telephone from Harare.

from TC

kalpurush
July 26, 2006, 11:21 PM
Bagh Bhai,

ei te ki real Diamond na ki American Diamond (i.e. Zirconium) ?

Edoor Bhai: Yes, this is a real and largest diamond in the world I believe.

SMHasan
July 27, 2006, 07:59 PM

But speaking of talk in Hindi here r one scenario that i saw ...

Two guys seating in their leaving room speaking in Hindi. one in very fluent and the other one not so much... Can you tell which one is from Bangladesh and which one from INDIA? you guessed it wrong the fluent one is from BD and most amazing part is both can speak bangla as the other one is frm kalkata... I can't get this picture out of my mind....

I think most banglai's r proud to show their ability to speak in hindi/urdu no matter what generation u r from. But there r lot of indian's don't speak in hindi and we should learn from them (most from karala or south). I have lots of friend from both india, pakistan, srilanka... saw all kind (some want to attack bd, some want to help) but mostly they find this amazing that number of bd people's ability to speak in hindi/urdu... And when u meet one of them they auto thinks u can speak too...

I was talking about this issue here few months ago and some people were saying 'oh no ...very few people speak in hindi specially in old dhaka and they do it just for fashion but its not their habit', so where are those people now?

Its a big issue. What we see today? Young kids are singing hindi songs, ask them who is Nazrul they dont know, ask them who is Rathindronath Ray they will be looking at your eyes. you will be entertained (:( ) by their hindi songs while you are travelling in a train,bus or anywhere.

Quite a long time ago Zafor Iqbal wrote a column on this issue in a newspaper saying the same thing. His only grief was that he heard very few youngsters singing bangla songs, very few youngsters learning bangla poem correctly. Even today in my workplace a bangladeshi young man sings hindi songs. Once I told him to change his habit he replied 'I like hindi songs' then I asked him why dont u speak hindi all the time and forget bangla? Can u do that? He didn't reply at all, just looked at me for few seconds and then went back to his work.

This is a problem. We need to find a solution and I believe the solution is there we just need to go in a correct direction. I understand that this problem is the result of few reasons. Bollywood is the biggest film industry after Holywood, India is a large country and there are lots of similarity between bangla and Hindi. But considering all those scenarios we can't accept that we will sing hindi songs!We need to take some responsibilities why our young generation is not influenced by our beloved bangla language. Have we done anything better than our counterparts? We have not. As the answer is there so the solution is there as well.

Mohiul
November 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
Daily Amardesh has published an article in it's sports section regarding a new manager for Bangladesh National Cricket team for the tour of New Zealand. His name is Sodrul Amin Bhuiya.

News Source (http://www.amardeshbd.com/sub_section.php?issueID=629&sub_section_id=8&NewsID=146161&NewsType=bistarito)

Nafi
November 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
My Dad!!!

Nocturnal
November 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
My Dad!!!

what?? really?? :)

Nafi
November 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
what?? really?? :)

Well actually being serious now, when they are in the UK, he actually is 2nd to head management.