H Basher
M Ash
A Kapali
Pilot
M Rafique
M Mortaza
S Russel
S Hossian

but i do think that JO will open and that Kapali will proberly miss out but this is my chocie

al Furqaan
July 27, 2006, 10:27 AM
liked your squad...but i would put mushy in place of alok

Tigers_eye
July 27, 2006, 10:30 AM
R Saleh
S Nafis
Aftab
Ash Ahammok
Bashar
Sakib
Razzak
Pilot
Rafique
Mash
Shahadat

This is mine. I love Ash so I have added my compliments beside his name. If shahadat bleeds too much Rasel will play the next one. No reason to bring Alok in the first match since bashar is not going to give him any overs to bowl. Razzak is better than Alok in bowling anyways.

sadi
July 27, 2006, 10:38 AM
R Saleh
S Nafis
Aftab
Ash Ahammok
Bashar
Sakib
Razzak
Pilot
Rafique
Mash
Shahadat

I was gonna post this team... lol... I guess great men think alike... haha.... but javed will play no matter how much we hate him... rajin sat out means he is probably sitting in the first game also....

AsifTheManRahman
July 27, 2006, 10:41 AM
I agree about sending Rajin in with Nafees. We will never know how good an opener he will turn out to be if we don't give him chances. Aftab can come in at 3, as he is doing pretty good at that spot. The only modification that I would make to Cats_eye's team is replacing Sakib with Alok. Sakib hasn't been in the runs with the A team, whereas Alok has been doing a decent job in the middle order.

The only reason I'd go with two seamers is that the third option, Rasel, is not good enough.

sadi
July 27, 2006, 10:56 AM
well sakib will be a better option at number 6 because he bowls quite well and you need a fifth bowler... ofcourse aftab can send in few overs but sakib is a better bowler than either aftab or kapali i believe

Shakalaka
July 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
Ash is still with out team?? Darn!!

Fazal
July 27, 2006, 11:08 AM
I was gonna post this team... lol... I guess great men think alike... haha.... but javed will play no matter how much we hate him... rajin sat out means he is probably sitting in the first game also....

Me too.... I also like cat_eyes team.... so I guess great men as well as 'not so great' man all think alike in team selection.

For Alok fans I don't mind Alok instead of Ash, I really don't care as long as there is just one ahammok in the team.

Also for Gullu fans. I don't care if its Rajin or Gullu al long as there is only one snail/turtle in the team.

But one thing for sure I want atleast one Sakib/Rahim or Forhad in the team, thats for sure.

Duck
July 27, 2006, 11:09 AM
As we know Ash the Ahammok plays better against the Big Guns. You know why......
But this time i bet Ash is going to perform even against the Zimbos! coz, he played for sometime with the "parar cricketers" in UK!

SS
July 27, 2006, 11:11 AM
Agree with most of you guys.
not sure how the present Zimb team differ from A team
Seemed to be we did OK in practice match. The prob is these days putting 250 score is not good enough for opponent. That's why toss plays a vital role.
If we bat first we need players who can play and score consistently to build a total 270, so that our bowlers can go there and some runs to defend.
I know I am asking too much but if our batsmen play sensibley and strike the rotation in the middle overs they can do it. But not sure if they can get 170 runs without loosing key batsmen. Last few matches, improvements were noticed where we crossed 200+. On the other hand if they bat first, we gota bowl sensibly and restrict their runs. So far, Mash/Rajib little bit expensive in the beginning overs. But middle overs with Rafique we need another economic bowler. Didn't see how aftab is bowling in that condition.

Ehsan
July 27, 2006, 11:17 AM
Pilot might sit out for the first ODI, there is a chance for him to not play - "getting used to the condition" will play a role here. And I will play only two of the main pacers for the first ODI.

My team:
J Omar
S Nafees
Aftab
Ash / Alok
Bashar
Sakib / Razzak
Farhad
Rafique
Mushfique / Pilot
Masri
Shahadat

nannu
July 27, 2006, 11:17 AM
i am sure the team will be like this.

javed omar
s. nafees
aftab ahmed
bashar
ash
aftab
mashud
rafique
mash
shahadat.

even the batting order will fit, cause this is our proven best players, and u dont experiment in the first match. kapali, mushy, tushar, arnt proven players in odi.

nannu

Tigers_eye
July 27, 2006, 11:19 AM
Pilot might sit out for the first ODI, there is a chance for him to not play - "getting used to the condition" will play a role here. And I will play only two of the main pacers for the first ODI.

My team:
J Omar
S Nafees
Aftab
Ash / Alok
Bashar
Sakib / Razzak
Farhad
Mushfique / Pilot
Masri
Shahadat
U and nannu both have 10 men against 11. fair enough. We are capable of winning with 10. :D

nannu
July 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
damn bad typing. here is the team again

javed omar
s. nafees
aftab ahmed
bashar
ash
rajin
mashud
rafique
rajjak
mash
shahadat

Ehsan
July 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
Argh. How could I miss Rafique?! Added!

nannu
July 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
by the way i believe we can win 10 vs 11

nannu

Fazal
July 27, 2006, 11:25 AM
Well most of the time ( except fot two eid games) we are playing 10 players against 11. Whats new about that?

sadi
July 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
eid games? lol

AsifTheManRahman
July 27, 2006, 11:50 AM
well thanks to ash we have 4 (as opposed to 2) Eid's in a year. we should be grateful to him for that :p

kalpurush
July 27, 2006, 12:28 PM
damn bad typing. here is the team again

javed omar
s. nafees
aftab ahmed
bashar
ash
rajin
mashud
rafique
rajjak
mash
shahadat

Is Masud playing in the first ODI?! Is he ok now? It was in the media that he might miss the first ODI due to sickness!!

Fazal
July 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
Trust me if Pilot can stand in his feet, he will play the first ODI. He is a smart man. He knows that this is not the time to skip a game. Its more true for now than before.

He is already practicing. Not only practicing, but practicing on his batting.

Sovik
July 27, 2006, 12:58 PM
1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Rajin Saleh
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Saqibul Hassan
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Ashraful Islam
7. Khaled Masud
8. Mohammad Rafiq
9. Mashrafee Mortoza
10. Syed Rasel
11. Shahadat Hossain

akabir77
July 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
I think first game is very important and we need a wining start so we souldn't try out the new guys in the 1st match.
I don't not like the team cause 5. 6. may get out without scoring which makes our middle order bad but I think this will be The Team
1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Golla
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Kapali
7. Khaled Masud
8. Mohammad Rafiq
9. Mashrafee Mortoza
10. Syed Rasel
11. Razzak
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hatebreed
July 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
First game is very important for us so we should play a full strength team-

S Nefees
R Saleh
A Ahmed
H Basher
M Ash
A Kapali
K M Pilot
M Rafique
M Mortaza
S Hossian
S Russel

If we win the first 2 games comfortably, then we should play Saqib and Mushfiq. No doubt Mushfiq should play if pilot's batting is a disaster, though I doubt Pilot will let that happen soon.

cricketboy
July 27, 2006, 01:48 PM
My team:
Shahriar Nafees
Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Saquib Hasan
Pilot
Rafique
Mash
Razzak
Shahadat

I think we should take attacking option instead of Zim, that is playing Ash instead of Javed or Rajin, although I know it will not happen.

sadi
July 27, 2006, 01:49 PM
the medicine is already working.... pilot is working on his batting...

al Furqaan
July 27, 2006, 03:06 PM
The only reason I'd go with two seamers is that the third option, Rasel, is not good enough.

asif bhai, i expected a much more educated statement than that from a BC veteran such as yourself.

rasel has done well against every opposition he has faced (SL and Kenya). he only failed against the OZ and he didn't even get to bowl 10 overs against them. he's not fast, but a lefty and a swinger...he should be a handful against the zim batsman.

but i would take rajib over rasel. but lets not take anything away from rasel

Andy-Flower
July 28, 2006, 12:54 AM
1.Rinke
2.Duffin
3.Chibhabha
4.Taylor
5.Masakadza
6.Matsikanyeri
7.Vusi
8Chigumbura
9.Utseya
10.Mpariwa
11.Rainsford

12th Man - Ireland

oooops what team are we talking about BD/ZIM;)

kalpurush
July 28, 2006, 01:04 AM
Looks like a good Zimbabwe squad!We are ready to take you though...

Spitfire_x86
July 28, 2006, 02:30 AM
R Saleh
S Nafis
Aftab
Ash Ahammok
Bashar
Sakib
Razzak
Pilot
Rafique
Mash
Shahadat
I second your team.

pilot fan
July 28, 2006, 02:35 AM
Andy do you know the atual zimbabwen squad yet

roi
July 28, 2006, 05:28 AM
i am sure the team will be like this.

javed omar
s. nafees
aftab ahmed
bashar
ash
aftab
mashud
rafique
mash
shahadat.

even the batting order will fit, cause this is our proven best players, and u dont experiment in the first match. kapali, mushy, tushar, arnt proven players in odi.

nannu

Can only count 10 players.....:confused:
Where is your 11th player? R you keeping that place for you?:D

Andy-Flower
July 28, 2006, 07:37 AM
Andy do you know the atual zimbabwen squad yet

no it hasnt been announced up to now....one or two key players havent yet arrived

nannu
July 28, 2006, 07:38 AM
First game is very important for us so we should play a full strength team-

S Nefees
R Saleh
A Ahmed
H Basher
M Ash
A Kapali
K M Pilot
M Rafique
M Mortaza
S Hossian
S Russel

If we win the first 2 games comfortably, then we should play Saqib and Mushfiq. No doubt Mushfiq should play if pilot's batting is a disaster, though I doubt Pilot will let that happen soon.

do u really think kapali is a full strentgh player?

nannu

bapzmania
July 28, 2006, 07:52 AM
piloy k team a rakhteiii hobe???? Musfiq.........bad luck.......

nannu
July 28, 2006, 07:55 AM
pilot back in training, ash (bekoob) shows off in batting training, mash takes rest.

source tiger cricket

Adventure Africa: Tigers train hard
TigerCricket.com Report from Harare
27-July-2006 <table class="tablestyle" id="Table3" style="border-collapse: collapse;" bordercolordark="#000080" bordercolorlight="#006699" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="120"> <tbody><tr> <td>http://www.tigercricket.com/Image/bcb_logo.jpg
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> With a bit of local knowledge in the bag, courtesy of their practice match against the Zimbabwe Board XI on Wednesday, the Bangladesh team settled for another intense yet joy filled training session at the Harare Sports Club today (Thursday) morning.
The cricketers divided into two groups, namely batsmen versus bowlers, had two stumps at two ends to aim at in the manner of playing handball with a rocket-shaped inflated dart. This was the main part of warm-up and the batsmen had the last laugh courtesy of a Mohammad Ashraful bulls-eye hit. Then it was time for the nets and fielding.
Pace ace Mashrafee Mortaza, who got 5/29 in the practice game, took rest from Thursday's training while his partner Shahadat had a short spell in the nets. Wicket-keeper Khaled Mashud, who is recovering well from a minor chest infection, joined practice for the first time on the tour and mainly concentrated on batting.
The tour contingent had their lunch at the Sport's Club's Keg & Maiden lounge where the t-bone steak turned out to be the most popular item among the visitors. In the afternoon the team is scheduled to return to the Harare Sports Club for Zimbabwe Cricket's cocktail reception.
Bangladesh are likely to name their squad for Saturday's first ODI tomorrow (Friday).

sadi
July 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
according to bangladesherkhela, this is the lineup

Shahriar nafees
Javed Omar
Aftab
Ash
Bashar
Kapali
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=21234&iCategoryID=1

Duck
July 29, 2006, 12:10 AM
according to bangladesherkhela, this is the lineup

Shahriar nafees
Javed Omar
Aftab
Ash
Bashar
Kapali
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=21234&iCategoryID=1

Prothomalo also confirmed the same squad........although they have not mentioned anysource.

al Furqaan
July 29, 2006, 12:46 AM
i am pretty sure the squad is this:

Shahriar nafees
Javed Omar
Aftab
Ash
Bashar
Kapali
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat

because the channel i journalist embedded with our team said that javed and alok are in...those are the only real wildcards.

PoorFan
July 29, 2006, 02:05 AM
i am pretty sure the squad is this:

Shahriar nafees
Javed Omar
Aftab
Ash
Bashar
Kapali
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat

because the channel i journalist embedded with our team said that javed and alok are in...those are the only real wildcards.
I also think this would be the team, but no official announcement yet?

Fazal
July 29, 2006, 10:23 AM
So who is the genius in the team that was responsible for selecting Alok instead of Farhad Reza or Sakib ? Can you please stand up?

Is it Dav, Bashar or Faruque .... please stand up straight... we cannot see your face.

Spitfire_x86
July 29, 2006, 10:47 AM
I think from now we should go with 3 pacers for the remaining, if the wickets are like today's wicket. JO should be dropped, Ash should open with SN, both Sakib and Farhad Reza can play if one of them replaces Alok. Mushfiq can also be used to fill the empty spot in the middle order, in which case Bashar bats at #4.

HawkEye000
July 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
Razzaq and Kapali should be replaced by Russel and Saqibul and may be Mashud and Javed can be replaced by Rajin and Mushfiqur.