PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc

Pages : [1] 2

Sorry
July 27, 2006, 05:24 PM
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/ubbicons/icon1.gif
This is the thread for Liverpool fans. You can talk about transfer gossips, your favourite players, about the glory days or even bash manure.
<O:p</O:p
The latest news is that we have signed several new players including Palletta, Bellamy, Pennant, Gonzales and one or two more to come yet. I assume it would be Kuyt. We look serious contender for the premiership this season.
Although Rafa hasn’t played all his cards yet, maurinho has had his number one hair cut done already and Sir Alex is set to throw more tea cups when van the man rooy and Ronaldo leaves.
This is going to be the year when we will regain the title.
YNWA

Fazal
July 27, 2006, 06:27 PM
Liverpool s[]cks !!!

abdulw11
July 28, 2006, 06:00 AM
Typical Liverpool fans, always trying to follow in the footsteps of Man Utd fans. :p

And Fazal, you are a wise, wise man.

thebest
July 28, 2006, 06:28 AM
At least Liverpool supporter could accept hatred message from opposition unlike Manure supporter.

Tigers_eye
July 28, 2006, 08:21 AM
Couldn't/haven't kept up with one of my favorite teams. I am a supporter of Liverpool FC with kenny duglish, and ian rush. Those were the days when we ruled the world.

Sorry
July 28, 2006, 09:08 AM
Couldn't/haven't kept up with one of my favorite teams. I am a supporter of Liverpool FC with kenny duglish, and ian rush. Those were the days when we ruled the world.
Here is the latest update for Cats_Eye Bhai.

We have really found a new speed gun in our new recruit Gonzales. I heard he could run 100m in 10.02 seconds. There is also a rumour that Gary Neville, the mancs right back, went to see manager Sir Alex and he wanted to be exempted playing in that position against Liverpool. Many people think he is scared of Gonzales. Now Sir Alex is trying to get matterazzi for cover for this particular game.
Rafa, the Liverpool manager, also went to see English FA chief executive and raised his concern over Wayne Rooney’s stamping habit on the balls. Rafa asked for permission if his players can use guard (the guard used in cricket for protection) while playing against mancs. Rafa also asked if he could build a small swimming pool next to Liverpool penalty box so that Ronaldo can practise diving.

Tigers_eye
July 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
Classic!! I wonder, the Manc fans now will be thrilled to see Matterazzi in their gay looking uniform (picked this up from Manc thread).

No amount of 30+ nistelrooy can get them in the top five first division teams. Let alone 30mil pounds. Didn't they try that few years ago and failed to match chelsea?

As for the guards, that should be a concern for any team facing roonie-boy. This is a legit request. Over-rated buira Ronaldo can do all his diving out side the D box. I am not concerned about it. After ten dives the referee should get the red card out.

reverse_swing
July 28, 2006, 10:32 AM
Cats bhai, Office e ki kono kaj nai ajke? ki dia vat khisen ajke? Ronaldo buira hoilo kobe? r Nistelrooy madrid e join korse.

Tigers_eye
July 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
Office'a onek kaj asey. File'er por file feley raksi. Boss nai. :) Monday'tey ashbey. tai friday palon korshi.

Fazal
July 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
Taking about boss ....

Amar to Boss thekeoo Nai.... Beta Office-ke Mamar Bari Money Korey ... ek Number-er Chapabaz .... amar cheyoo Boro Fakibaz.... tobe... boss-er Boss Majhe Majhe Somossa Kore... tokhon ektu Jhamela hoi dui joneryee.

Sorry
July 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Good news guys.
Mancs bought Michael Carrick for £18 million.
Liverpool's Alonso, Momo Sissoko, cost all together £14 million. he he.
Rafa must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Sir Alex is going to gamble on his horse while Malcolm Glazer is recovering in the hospital.

Hatebreed
July 28, 2006, 12:32 PM
Aww Liverpool fans are so getting excited about the prospect of another 3rd place, how cute.

Even though I respect Liverpool as an opponent, I don't like their fans' attitude. I understand you guys like living in the past, whatever gives you comfort.

thebest
July 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
Aww Liverpool fans are so getting excited about the prospect of another 3rd place, how cute.

Even though I respect Liverpool as an opponent, I don't like their fans' attitude. I understand you guys like living in the past, whatever gives you comfort.
We are living in past. When was the last time Manure won a trophy. Last two seasons we won the two most presitigious trophy. Can I remind you how many time we won the Euopean Trophy and how many time manu did tht? I am not going into past. So I would not. But can not resist to let you know we never played in second division Man U did
We may be excited for 3rd place(?), but you are losing your sleep for being fifth. The order Reds of Liverpool, Chelsky, Goonars, Totanham and then others

Hatebreed
July 29, 2006, 06:23 PM
lol if you're gonna compare the number of times you won European league, why don't you first tell me the last time you won the premiership?.. ooh let me guess, never! Man Utd won it 8 times, that's more than all the other teams combined, and we have won the 'Treble' being the only English club to do so.

I think it's you who is worried because you're sandwiched between the Ar$e and Spurs. So stop daydreaming about Man Utd to fight for 5th place! If that's some joke, I'm not even laughing. You just hate Man Utd because they are a better club. Come back to reality!

Sorry
July 29, 2006, 06:39 PM
Hey Hatebreed,
I have observed you throughout your BC membership. You have converted yourself from a hate poster (now i intend to take that place) to a good poster now.
Why don’t you convert yourself to Liverpool fan? Last year you told me that Liverpool is your second favourite team; come on, join us, you will make a good Liverpool fan. They are the best and most passionate in the world. If you become a Liverpool fan, I will send you free ticket to watch Liverpool at anfield. I promise.
Btw, FYI, Liverpool have won 18 times though it wasn’t called premiership during that time.
And what’s the big deal about calling premiership or first division, it was the top division anyway. I used to be called banglar_dorbesh in this forum; does it make any difference to you?

Hatebreed
July 29, 2006, 08:26 PM
Hey Hatebreed,
I have observed you throughout your BC membership. You have converted yourself from a hate poster (now i intend to take that place) to a good poster now.
Why don’t you convert yourself to Liverpool fan? Last year you told me that Liverpool is your second favourite team; come on, join us, you will make a good Liverpool fan. They are the best and most passionate in the world. If you become a Liverpool fan, I will send you free ticket to watch Liverpool at Enfield. I promise.
Btw, FYI, Liverpool have won 18 times though it wasn’t called premiership during that time.
And what’s the big deal about calling premiership or first division, it was the top division anyway. I used to be called banglar_dorbesh in this forum; does it make any difference to you?

Thanks Sorry, I hope there was no sarcasm in your comments. As I said, I do respect Liverpool for their acheivements, but I don't like people making silly remarks about Man Utd.. I grew up supporting them and I always will. It's like I don't have to love Nintendo or Atari because I know they revolutionised gaming in the past, I love what's today.. like Sony. :love:

When Liverpool won those times the league included all the mediocre 1st division teams which were scrapped after the premiership was reformed and left with the 'elite' bunch. Different or not, Man Utd is certainly the most successful English club of this era and I only wish people would appreaciate that, even though it's also the reason why rival fans despise us. ;)

thebest
July 30, 2006, 02:23 AM
Hey HB, Now who is talking about past? But thank you for not converting to a Liverpool supporter. Once a manu supporter always a manu supporter.
Sorry, I did not expect it from you offerening anfield ticket to a ManU supporter to sit with us at home gallery.

Hatebreed
July 30, 2006, 03:06 AM
At least I'm not boasting about your prehistoric past. :rolleyes:

Quit being such a naive fanboy. You're better off bashing what you bash best, like Javed Omar and now is the perfect time ;)

Sorry
July 30, 2006, 03:33 PM
thebest,
HB phuar mon bala ache, tikmotho bujaile bujibo. foiladdi liverpool fan banai, phore chatgyia banayum.

thebest
July 30, 2006, 11:11 PM
At least I'm not boasting about your prehistoric past. :rolleyes:

Quit being such a naive fanboy. You're better off bashing what you bash best, like Javed Omar and now is the perfect time ;)
I am not boasting prehistory. Is 2005 pre-history? Then all those premiare league win is pre pre history.
Regarding bashing I am not a vulture. So I stopped bashing Javed unlike some of you new JO basher.

Fazal
August 1, 2006, 12:21 PM
thebest,
HB phuar mon bala ache, tikmotho bujaile bujibo. foiladdi liverpool fan banai, phore chatgyia banayum.

Hacha ...phuar jonno Bhala daikka akkhan chatgyia maiya dekho

Hatebreed
September 9, 2006, 02:43 PM
I wonder where has all the Loserpool fans gone! :confused:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42068000/jpg/_42068554_johnsonthreenil203.jpg
Everton's Andrew Johnson confirms the Mersey derby scoreline

Everton 3-0 Liverpool
By Phil McNulty

Everton's great start to the season continued with a crushing Merseyside derby win against Liverpool.

Tim Cahill gave Everton the lead with a close-range finish after 23 minutes.
Andrew Johnson added Everton's second 12 minutes later, coolly taking advantage of Jamie Carragher's mistake as Liverpool's defence struggled.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5308190.stm

Mr-Cricket
September 9, 2006, 05:33 PM
Tough luck fellas - Timmy does it again! :D

Hatebreed
October 22, 2006, 05:05 PM
What happened to the Loserpool fans? after all that trash talk seems that they can only talk the talk but can't walk the talk... Pathetic. L-)

Sorry
January 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
This weekend has been a significant one for Liverpool. We beat chel$ea$ky by 2-0 and Goners also beat Manure 2-1. Although it’s a lot of ground to catch manure, you never know in football.
While Maureen is moaning about his managerial power, the Russian owner already knows who is his new manager; we can look forward for better finance next season. The take over of Liverpool by dubai sheik will take place soon but I don’t see we are going to waste money on Michael bullocks and Shevo in the near future.

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
We beat chel$ea$ky by 2-0 and Goners also beat Manure 2-1..
Music to my ears!!!

Dr Mokod
May 17, 2007, 05:37 AM
Nice topic man im a liverpool fan and we are simplyy the best man united have always been jealous of liverpool cause we have more trophies and success then them even more honours thats why were the best english team and their just glory hunters [edited]
ferguson, thats what happens when you put his name seperately

Tintin
May 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
don dadazi is boro libarpool fan me like libarpool bery bery lot don dadazi hate man utd they are bery bery goru

Dear Dr Mokod, don't you have any better ways of wasting your time :head:

Don Dadazi
May 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
libarpool tho besht zanonihttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Liverpool_Champions_League.jpg/300px-Liverpool_Champions_League.jpg

Sorry
May 22, 2007, 02:45 PM
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL:PREVIEW

'WE DESERVE TO BE HERE - NOW LET'S WIN IT!'
Report from liverpoolfc.tv website:
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=130 bgColor=#ffffff height=90>http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/images5/0607_benitez_clpress_120x80.jpg <!-- END IMAGE --></TD><TD class=med vAlign=center width=357><!-- START SYNOPSIS -->Rafael Benitez has told his players not to waste their opportunity to seize more Champions League glory inside the Olympic Stadium tomorrow night. <!-- END SYNOPSIS --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=med vAlign=top width=487 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><!-- START BODY -->At a light-hearted and occasionally jovial pre-match press conference deep in the bowels of the Athens stadium, the Liverpool manager spoke passionately about his determination to bring European football's most important trophy back to Anfield once again.

Benitez fielded numerous questions from journalists from many countries during his half hour in front of the cameras - but his message throughout to his players remained the same: 'Make yourselves heroes'.

"We are here because we have been doing the right things and we deserve to be here," he said.

"The players have worked hard all season and I will be telling them before kick off not to waste this opportunity. If we can play well and win then it will be perfect, but if not then they must come off the field knowing they have done their best.

"We worked hard in the training camp to prepare the game and the players are focused on ready. We know what we need to do but playing a Champions League final is never easy. It wasn't easy last time and it won't be easy this time.

"We have a lot of respect for Milan, they are a very good side with a lot of experience and we saw from their game against Manchester United what they can do. If they play like that again and have a lot of the ball then it will be harder for us, but we have prepared how to control their players, the ball and the space on the pitch. We are ready now."

Benitez isn't anticipating another Istanbul-style thriller - but believes whichever team strikes first will hold a big advantage.

"It is going to be a tough match and I think the team who scores first will have a great chance," he said. "Our plan definitely doesn't include conceding in the first minute again!

"If you said to me now it will be the same as Istanbul and that we will win again then I'd take that. But I don't want to go through that kind of match again because I think I'd need a doctor this time!

"The key tomorrow is remembering why we are here and playing the way we have done in Europe all season."

Asked by different reporters to explain his secret in enjoying such great success in European competition, Benitez was keen to pay tribute to his backroom team.

"My staff are the key," he said. "We have good people, good workers. When you have a good staff then you can be successful. Of course we have good players as well. Everything is good.

"I know there has been talk about what we'll do after the game but, believe me, I'm not interested in that at the moment. All I am doing is concentrating on tomorrow's game. We have 90 minutes of our season left and we're focused on winning one more match."

The Reds will have a final training session at the stadium this evening, when fitness checks on Bolo Zenden and Momo Sissoko (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/sissoko/) will be made.

Harry Kewell (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/kewell/) is definitely available, with Benitez revealing he is fit enough to play 90 minutes if necessary.

"I have decisions to make on the team," he added. "We have 22 players here so four of them won't be involved at all tomorrow.

"Of those who will be in the squad I have good options, but we'll decide later on after training." <!-- END BODY -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ialbd
May 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
when does the final start, in GMT or EST time....

Sorry
May 22, 2007, 03:42 PM
when does the final start, in GMT or EST time....
7.45 UKT

Special 1
May 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
2:45 EST.
Milan will avenge their 2005 loss.

ialbd
May 22, 2007, 06:50 PM

inshAllah..... its just the 2005 final was too painful.....

(ac milan is my 2nd team after barcelona)

Nocturnal
May 23, 2007, 01:19 AM
Associazione Calcio Milan- go and win the cup this time, it's overdue. Good Luck.

Sorry
May 23, 2007, 08:04 AM
Probable Liverpool line up:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/<o:p></o:p>

Reina

Riise Agger Carragher Finnan

Masherano Alonso

Zenden/ kewell Pennant
Gerrard

<o:p></o:p>
Kuyt

Score prediction: 2-1 Liverpool win
Punters are backing lighting to strike twice.

Tintin
May 23, 2007, 08:15 AM

The great thing about following PL is that you get more pleasure from your opponents' defeat than you get from your team's win !

Tigers_eye
May 23, 2007, 09:30 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=629></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=629><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=629>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v3/dot_629.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>Liverpool's famous five

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/gif/_42952269_1977_416x300.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/gif/_42952281_1978_416x300.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/jpg/_42952287_1981_416x300.jpg
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/jpg/_42952309_1984_416x300.jpg
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/jpg/_42952297_2005_416x300.jpg

Spot saved for the sixth.

Hatebreed
May 24, 2007, 03:45 AM
So much salt-shaking and knife pointing at Man Utd fans for no good reason other than hatred and jealousy. Now look what your team has accomplished. Nothing! I've patient all along despite your jabs at my team. What goes around comes around. Remember that. L-)

AC Milan 2 - 1 Loserpool

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42964000/jpg/_42964383_milan3300.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry
May 24, 2007, 05:36 AM
...I've patient all along despite your jabs at my team....

You have redefined the definition of “patient”. Go and buy a magnifier and read your posts again.
I am going to ignore your posts because it has got no substance to reply for, other than pain-staking tantrums.

Hatebreed
May 24, 2007, 05:47 AM
You have redefined the definition of “patient”. Go and buy a magnifier and read your posts again.
I am going to ignore your posts because it has got no substance to reply for, other than pain-staking tantrums.

Go read them yourself before passing judgement. I have only defended my team against pathetic remarks and baiting from the start. You and your fellow supporters have redefined my "respect" for Liverpool, so congrats!

Puck
July 31, 2007, 05:57 AM
are you looking forward to the new season? with the new signings it should make for a very interesting start to the season.

Sohel
August 1, 2007, 09:31 AM

Not the biggest soccer or EPL fan for that matter, but I too have been a Liverpool guy since those glory years. The "Red Robbie" years were fun too. Gerrard is one of the best, if not THE best utility player in the world.

That said, I do follow the Liga and Barcelona a lot more closely, and Brazil or "Vrajil" remains my favorite international side.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
Time to play the mercz. Let's see what Torres can do. I pray his does well enough to keep Peter Crouch permanently on the bench. Anything from the hugely overrated Kuyt is always a bonus.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
Torres scores ... TAKE THAT MERCZ !!!!

Strange to find myself always rooting against a team packed with some of my favorite players ... Essien, Carvalho, Drogba, Wright-Phillips, Cech ...

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:30 AM
Watching Carragher dealing with Drogba is eerily similar to watching Golla deal with Chaminda Vaas.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:52 AM
Typical Russian Mafia tactics to get Torres out of the game.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:05 AM
Torres OK, Claudio "gunda" Pizarro in for the mercz.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:09 AM
Great cross from SWP, gunda fails to capitalize, Carragher totally lost the ball.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
Gerrard rocks ... just pass him the ball.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
Kuyt sucks, skies that half chance like one of Alfaz's better shots ... pathetic.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:15 AM
I don't know what's more annoying, Morinho sulking or HaBa smirking ...

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
Pennant earns a free kick ... Riise shoots it right at the wall, another missed opportunity.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:18 AM
Torres clipped from behind, A. Cole gets a yellow.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
Alonso splifs a good ball from Pennant ... damn !!!

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
Penalty for the mercz ... absurdly bad call !!! 1-1. The Russian mob has long arms.

Miraz
August 19, 2007, 11:23 AM
Lampard levels.

Chelsea 1 : Liverpool 1

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
Malouda fouls Gerrard just outside the box, ref oblivious.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:27 AM
Riise blows a great buildup. Nice try.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
Pennant subbed ... why ???

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
Torres obstructed by the Israeli player ... should've been carded.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:36 AM
J. Cole in for SWP.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Kuyt fails to pounce from less than a meter ... typical. Riise out, Crouch in.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
Another poor call from the refs ... that was fingertipped by Cech.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
Explosive strike from Babbel ... misses.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Liverpool-1 the ref and the Russian Mob-1

Nocturnal
August 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well played Liverpool. The penalty decision was very harsh against them.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 11:21 PM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/99cb3b22df.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

DS link: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=896

Excerpts-

Fernando Torres marked his first appearance at Anfield with an impressive debut goal for Liverpool but it was not enough to earn his club all three points as referee Rob Styles handed Chelsea a controversial second-half penalty in Sunday's 1-1 draw.

Liverpool's record 26.5 million-pound Spanish striker had made a dream start to his home career but Styles harshly judged that Steve Finnan had pushed over Florent Malouda as he attempted to meet Shaun Wright-Phillips' 61st minute cross....

To add to Styles' unpopularity, in the eyes of Liverpool fans, he also appeared to book Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien for a second time midway through the second half without brandishing the red card that should have automatically followed...

Puck
August 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
looking at threads like this i realise how some folks have such high post counts!

Puck
August 21, 2007, 12:05 PM
the referee has been banned for one match as a result of his poor handling of the match..

Sohel
August 28, 2007, 06:43 AM
Maybe Voronin is what Torres needs ... then again, there's still Carragher playing defense.

Sadz
August 28, 2007, 07:22 AM
Who is expected to play today? No-One knows really except Allah and Rafa so we will have to wait and see. Its been a long time since I;ve wrote something here in the forum so what way to begin than talk about my NO.1 team! in my eyes Man U are strog this season but dont have the depth to compete with the likes of Liverpool and chelsea. What a start to the seasn so far. Although playing Sunderland and Derby so soon couldnt get any better! We got truly mugged off by Rob Styles against quality opposition. Lets hope that decision really doesnt make us regret it at the end of the season.

Sohel
September 1, 2007, 09:44 AM
1-0 our way from Alonso's goal, Derby out classed, Pennant doing well on the leftside as usual, close to half time.

Sohel
September 1, 2007, 09:48 AM
Babel scores ... blasted into the net after making morons out of Derby defenders ... 2-0 ... going into the half time with an insurmountable lead.

The match ends 6-0 our way ...

Sohel
September 3, 2007, 12:12 AM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/350b1242b1.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Liverpool at the summit
Afp, London

Liverpool brandished their credentials as potential Premiership champions with a 6-0 thrashing of Derby that sent them to the top of the league for the first time in five years on Saturday.

The Anfield romp against the league's bottom side was enough to lift Rafael Benitez's men to the summit, although only goal difference divides them from Chelsea and Everton, who continued their fine start to the campaign by snatching a last-minute winner at Bolton.

Chelsea can reclaim top spot when they visit Aston Villa on Sunday while champions Manchester United were due to entertain Sunderland later on Saturday.

Michael Owen gave England boss Steve McClaren cause for optimism ahead of next week's important Euro 2008 qualifier against Israel with a late winner for Newcastle at home to Wigan.

Liverpool boss Benitez was without assistant Paco Ayestaran following the revelation earlier this week that his long-time number two wants to quit the club.

But any unrest behind the scenes was papered over by a slick performance from a side missing injured duo Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

Midfielder Xabi Alonso and 26-million-pound forward Fernando Torres both scored twice while Ryan Babel, with his first goal for the club, and Ukrainian hitman Andriy Voronin also found the net.

Link:http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=2432

Now the small matter of holding on to the lead ... sigh.

mahbubH
September 3, 2007, 04:30 AM
LFC is playing great football this year. Probably we have to fight LFC instead of Chelsea for Premiership crown this year!!

Sohel
October 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
TORRES AND GERRARD UP FOR AWARD
Paul Eaton 10 October 2007

Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard have both been shortlisted for FIFA's world footballer of the year award.

The governing body of world football have drawn up a list of 30 players who are in contention for the honour.

National team coaches and managers, as well as captains, now have the opportunity to vote, with the top three to be named on 17 December in Zurich.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi and AC Milan's Kaka are expected to be among the favourites for the honour.

List in full:

Buffon (Juventus, Italy), Cannavaro (Real Madrid, Italy), Cech (Chelsea, Czech Rep), Ronaldo (Man Utd, Portugal), Deco (Barcelona, Portugal), Drogba (Chelsea, Ivory Coast), Essien (Chelsea, Ghana), Eto'o (Barcelona, Cameroon), Gattuso (AC Milan, Italy), Gerrard (Liverpool, England), Henry (Barcelona, France), Juninho (Lyon, Brazil), Kaka (AC Milan, Brazil), Klose (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lahm (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lampard (Chelsea, England), Marquez (Barcelona, Mexico), Messi (Barcelona, Argentina), Nesta (AC Milan, Italy), Pirlo (AC Milan, Italy), Ribery (Bayern Munich, France), Riquelme (Villarreal, Argentina), Ronaldinho (Barcelona, Brazil), Rooney (Man Utd, England), Terry (Chelsea, England), Tevez (Man Utd, Argentina), Thuram (Barcelona, France), Torres (Liverpool, Spain), Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid, Holland), Vieira (Inter Milan, France).

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157275071010-1600.htm

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQuZxZ5m3bY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQuZxZ5m3bY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3k9Eb8-KUE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3k9Eb8-KUE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WTG guys ... !!!

Tintin
October 11, 2007, 01:21 AM
List in full:

Buffon (Juventus, Italy), Cannavaro (Real Madrid, Italy), Cech (Chelsea, Czech Rep), Ronaldo (Man Utd, Portugal), Deco (Barcelona, Portugal), Drogba (Chelsea, Ivory Coast), Essien (Chelsea, Ghana), Eto'o (Barcelona, Cameroon), Gattuso (AC Milan, Italy), Gerrard (Liverpool, England), Henry (Barcelona, France), Juninho (Lyon, Brazil), Kaka (AC Milan, Brazil), Klose (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lahm (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lampard (Chelsea, England), Marquez (Barcelona, Mexico), Messi (Barcelona, Argentina), Nesta (AC Milan, Italy), Pirlo (AC Milan, Italy), Ribery (Bayern Munich, France), Riquelme (Villarreal, Argentina), Ronaldinho (Barcelona, Brazil), Rooney (Man Utd, England), Terry (Chelsea, England), Tevez (Man Utd, Argentina), Thuram (Barcelona, France), Torres (Liverpool, Spain), Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid, Holland), Vieira (Inter Milan, France).

They call it a short list ?

Hatebreed
October 11, 2007, 02:36 AM
Ronaldo (Man Utd, Portugal), Rooney (Man Utd, England), Tevez (Man Utd, Argentina)

There you go, shortlisted. :-D

Sohel
October 20, 2007, 07:02 AM
0-0/15-1 ... Everton has certainly come to play this match ... Carragher as scary as always and Voronin looks straight out of the Women's WC ... chaotic, pacy match so far.

Sohel
October 20, 2007, 10:02 AM
KUYT GIVES REDS DRAMATIC DERBY WIN
Jimmy Rice at Goodison 20 October 2007

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7414be0d92.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

A pair of Dirk Kuyt penalties gave Liverpool a 2-1 victory in an incredible Merseyside derby at Goodison Park on Saturday lunchtime.

A bizarre own goal from Sami Hyypia gave the Blues a half-time lead, but two second-half spot kicks – including one in stoppage time – ensured a dramatic return to winning ways for Rafa Benitez's side.

Everton ended the game with nine men, Tony Hibbert and Phil Neville both seeing red for their penalty offences.

Neville wrote in his programme notes how he'd seen everything in Merseyside derbies. He spoke too soon.

The Reds kicked off their 22nd lunchtime fixture in just over two years without injured trio Daniel Agger, Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso. The hosts, meanwhile, were without last season's match-winners Andy Johnson and Tim Cahill.

The travelling Kop began the game in high spirits despite the recent dip, throwing around balloons made from Tesco bags – a cheeky swipe at Everton's new stadium plans.

The first chance fell to their boys on five minutes when derby debutant Yossi Benayoun ghosted in behind the Blues' backline before teeing up Andriy Voronin, whose low shot was blocked by the legs of Tim Howard.
Everton were seeing more of the ball, but it was Liverpool, with Gerrard playing more centrally than the teamsheet suggested, who were playing the better football. Voronin and Benayoun, in particular, were taking up some great positions between the lines.

It took Everton 22 minutes to threaten, Leon Osman capitalising on a loose ball from Javier Mascherano before forcing Pepe Reina into a fingertip clearance.

Yakubu had a gilt-edged chance on the half-hour mark – but his attempted scissor-kick from the edge of the six-yard box was akin to taking a chainsaw to a twig. Still, the home side were starting to get into their stride. Minutes later Victor Anichebe headed narrowly over from close range.

The nearest Liverpool game to breaking the deadlock in the first half came on 34 minutes when John Arne Riise hit a low drive from 35 yards. Unfortunately, a wicked deflection sent it narrowly wide.

Then disaster struck when, amid a goalmouth scramble, Hyypia's mis-hit clearance hit the roof of the net. A more bizarre own goal you're not likely to see this season. It was the first time a Red had scored an OG against the Blues since Neil Ruddock in 1997.

It was Everton who started the second half the brighter, but within seven minutes the game was turned on its head.

Voronin sent Gerrard racing clear, the skipper making his way into the box before being hauled down by Hibbert. Mark Clattenburg had no hesitation in awarding a spot kick and giving the Everton right-back his marching orders.

Up stepped Kuyt, who tucked coolly into the left-hand corner of Howard's goal to record his first league goal of the season. Game on.

Everton had a penalty shout of their own just seconds later when Lescott appeared to be obstructed by Steve Finnan.

The game was really starting the open up, and Riise should have put Liverpool into the lead on 57 minutes when Kuyt cut a fantastic ball in from the right. Next Voronin forced a fine save from Howard from seven yards.

Yakubu hit a powerful snap-shot just wide from distance on 66 minutes – though Pepe Reina looked to have it covered.

With the match finely balanced Rafa Benitez shuffled his pack, replacing Benayoun with Ryan Babel and, to the surprise on many, giving Lucas his derby debut at the expense of Gerrard.

The young Brazilian had big shoes to fill but he made a great start when he fed Voronin clean through down the left. Sadly, the Ukrainian dragged his shot harmlessly wide.

Minutes later Momo Sissoko really should have bagged his second goal in a red shirt after finding himself with acres inside the box. He won't want to watch his left-footed effort on Match of the Day this evening.

By this stage it was all Liverpool but chance after chance went begging – until Lucas hit a fantastic stoppage time shot which Neville dived to palm off the line.

Kuyt hit the same spot with his pen and the travelling Kop – as well as Stevie G on the sidelines – went wild.

A late penalty call for a Jamie Carragher indiscretion nearly silenced them - but thankfully it's the Fields of Anfield Road which will be echoing around Stanley Park tonight.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157379071020-1459.htm

Phew ... :)

Special 1
October 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Liverpool are the luckiest team in the premiership.

Banglatiger84
October 21, 2007, 01:03 AM
Liverpool are extremely lucky and thats why they should stay shut when decisions go against them as against Chelsea earlier this season.

Nocturnal
November 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
November 6
Champions League - Group A
Liverpool vs Besiktas. Final Score: 8-0 for Liverpool
Well done!!

Sohel
November 7, 2007, 03:38 AM
As much as the Torres' injury and the triple mediocrity of Ouch, Carragher and Kuyt continue to stagnate our rise to the very top, it is always refreshing to serve up some stone-cold revenge on a hot day. WTG REDS ! ... :)

RAMPANT REDS THRASH BESIKTAS

Yossi Benayoun struck a superb hat-trick to ensure Liverpool's Champions League dream remains intact as they hit eight without reply to overwhelm Besiktas at Anfield.

The Israeli completed his treble at the Kop end as other goals from Peter Crouch (2), Steven Gerrard and substitute Ryan Babel (2) gave everyone hope that Rafael Benitez's men can still reach the knockout stages.

On a night of milestones, in which Sami Hyypia made his 100th appearance in European competition and Rafa Benitez celebrated his 50th Champions League match in charge of Liverpool, the Reds started strongly and could have taken the lead on four minutes but Andriy Voronin steered his shot wide after a great knock down by Crouch.

The visitors looked shaky in defence and three minutes later Crouch somehow powered a header wide after John Arne Riise's cross found him unmarked six yards out before Alvaro Arbeloa's heavy touch prevented him from getting a shot on goal after wonderful link up play with Benayoun.

The Israeli was enjoying himself and on 13 minutes he was unlucky to see his first-time shot cannon back off the near post after Javier Mascherano had played in Alvaro Arbeloa down the right.

It was only a matter of time until Liverpool got the breakthrough and it was fitting that the impressive Peter Crouch was the man to get the all-important first goal.

Voronin's attempted through ball was diverted into the towering forward's path on 19 minutes and after his first effort was saved by Hakan Arikan in the Besiktas goal, he reacted instantly to fire home the loose ball.

The Reds were in complete control and three minutes later Fabio Aurelio's corner was met by a powerful header by John Arne Riise but the Norwegian's goalbound effort was brilliantly headed off the line.

Crouch then fired a sizzling effort just wide from a tight angle before Benayoun netted his third goal in a Red shirt on 32 minutes.

Andriy Voronin broke down the left and when his searching cross found the Israeli unmarked in the box, he composed himself before drilling the ball past the keeper.

It was a comfortable lead for Liverpool to take into the interval and it got better within minutes of the restart.

Voronin cut in from the left and played a reverse ball to Riise and when his stinging shot was parried into Benayoun's path the midfielder tapped home the simplest of goals.

And it was déjà vu on 56 minutes when the diminutive playmaker completed his hat-trick at the Kop end, gleefully snapping up the rebound after Steven Gerrard's powerful free-kick was pushed into his path by the bemused Arikan.

The hosts were playing some wonderful football by this point and on 69 minutes Gerrard got in on the act when he latched onto Voronin's return ball to power in on goal and smash in the fifth of the night.

It means the skipper is just one away from equalling Michael Owen's European record of 22 goals and he owes a huge debt of gratitude to Voronin, who clocked up his fourth assist of the evening with an inspired Cruyff flick.

The Reds then capped an incredible night with the sixth on 78 minutes when substitute Ryan Babel finished off Benayoun's cross with an audacious flick at the near post.

It was all going Liverpool's way and on 81 minutes Ryan Babel charged down an attempted clearance and watched on in delight as it looped over Arikan and into the net.

Babel could have had his hat-trick on 84 minutes but his close range header smashed back off the bar before Crouch finished what he had started way back in the first-half, when he headed home Benayoun's cross two minutes from the end.

LINK (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/last_match/match_analysis/index.htm)

Tigers_eye
November 7, 2007, 09:29 AM
jai rokom commentary porlam I thought the reds could score 15/20 goals?

al-Sagar
January 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
u will never walk alone

Beamer
January 31, 2008, 02:43 PM
Geetting ready for UEFA cup Liverpool fans? lol..

al-Sagar
February 6, 2008, 02:15 AM

we will finish 4th and will be in the CL.

and next season .... we wil bounce back

Slater582
February 16, 2008, 06:24 PM
Barnsley?!

Sohel
February 19, 2008, 03:56 AM

Small moves buddy, small moves ... :)

Big CL match tonight. I don't expect much from mediocre players like Carragher and Kuyt, so anything is a bonus. Hope Gerrard and Torres will pull us through. BTW, RB has grown on me.

patriot
February 19, 2008, 11:23 AM
u will never walk alone

'Khobor Ache' if you ever walk alone.:lol:

My prediction :

2-0 To Inter Milan . Ibrahimovic (1) , Hyppia (OWN GOAL).

Beamer
February 19, 2008, 11:47 AM
Small moves buddy, small moves ... :)

Big CL match tonight. I don't expect much from mediocre pplayers like Carragher and Kuyt, so anything is a bonus. Hope Gerrard and Torres will pull us through. BTW, RB has grown on me.

Good. As long as the moves are small, I am happy.

Inter is tough. This could be the last of Benitez..

Beamer
February 19, 2008, 11:49 AM
Barnsley?!

The late goal was unbelievable. Liverpool defenders were shambolic on that goal. It would even make the back four of New Castle look great..

cricman
February 19, 2008, 05:01 PM
They beat a 10 man Inter 2-0, they won't concede 2 goals in the 2nd tie ... Liverpool is in the final 8

thebest
September 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
The Real Red showed their true color. If Torres played it would have been massacre. Worthless Kuyt alone missed three clear chances (one was identical one that Babel score) and I wonder when Keano would score (he missed two today which is not expected from him)

Peace
June 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
Ronaldo is gone, so old toilet is not going to be same manure.

liverpool fans should watch out- manure is trying to get torres.

Sohel
June 14, 2009, 05:35 PM
We won't win Jack as long as Gaffa and his love of mediocrity persists.

Peace
June 14, 2009, 05:56 PM
Sir Alex took long time to build manure.

Rafa has a policy to build a team based on who wants to play for the team rather than high profile individual selfish players.

I think Rafa has made a good progress since GH left.

bangla-red
August 11, 2009, 04:23 PM
Will Aquilani be better than Alonso?

tipusultan
August 12, 2009, 05:32 PM

I think so he is young and i hope rafa keeps him fit when he is 100% ready.

if any of you want to join my fantasy league then go to

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Peace
February 28, 2010, 10:58 AM

I think so he is young and i hope rafa keeps him fit when he is 100% ready.

if any of you want to join my fantasy league then go to

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Aquilani looks like lightweight- not good enough for premiership, although he may take sometime to get back to full fitness from a knee injury.

btw, Liverpool 2-1 blackburn, HT
Torres is back and scored a goal.

bangla-red
February 28, 2010, 11:15 AM
We're doing OK... link isn't very good :(

Peace
February 28, 2010, 11:38 AM
We're doing OK... link isn't very good :(

banglared,
do you mean internet link or the link between players?

Tiger Manc
March 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Wigan 1-0 Liverpool

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 04:53 AM
liverpool take on lille tonite.

home match.

liverpool are trainling 1-0 from the away tie.

but in anfield a clear 2 goal+ margin victory is expected.

Peace
March 18, 2010, 04:01 PM
Liverpool 1-0 Lille, HT

ialbd
March 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
Good to see Liverpool not following Juventus on this. Liverpool and Juventus were synonymous this season...

Peace
March 18, 2010, 05:13 PM
Liverpool 3-0 Lille, FT

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 08:10 AM
EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL DRAW:

FULHAM v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v Standard Liege

Valencia v Atletico Madrid

Benfica v LIVERPOOL

SEMI-FINAL DRAW:

Valencia/Atletico Madridv Benfica/Liverpool

Hamburg/Standard Liege v Fulham/Wolfsburg

Tiger Manc
March 19, 2010, 11:01 AM
I've got a feeling we're going to beat the scum 3-1. You lot are getting all happy just because you beat 2 poor teams at home. We're going to smash you at OT. Rooooooonnnnnnneeeeeyyy

Peace
March 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
I must admit manure is capable of beating us at Old Toilet (OT).:-D

Peace
March 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL DRAW:

FULHAM v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v Standard Liege

Valencia v Atletico Madrid

Benfica v LIVERPOOL

SEMI-FINAL DRAW:

Valencia/Atletico Madridv Benfica/Liverpool

Hamburg/Standard Liege v Fulham/Wolfsburg

Tough draw for Liverpool. I was hoping to face Benfica in the final.

Ashraf-FTP
March 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
Loserpool will be killed by United :D

Looking forward to it

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 03:09 AM
so the big match tomorrow.

anyway if we go to cup europa semis it wil bee either, rafas old club valencia............ or torres and maxi's former club atletico.

and a chance to go to spain for the spanish contingent

Peace
March 21, 2010, 08:43 AM
:joy::joy:
ManU 0-1 Liverpool
Torres 5

Peace
March 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
Now penalty is given against Liverpool

Sohel
March 21, 2010, 08:53 AM
Classic Torres goal. The perfect balance of power and elegance.

The foul took place outside the box. Great PK save by PR on Rooney but sadly the rebound ended up at his feet and he put it away as expected.

Great match so far ... :)

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
35 minutes gone 1-1

Peace
March 21, 2010, 09:23 AM
ManU 1-1 Liverpool, HT.
I have a feeling that we will end up with 10 men. Three players already got yellow.

Sohel
March 21, 2010, 09:55 AM
1-2 ManU ... great cross from Fletcher as Park scores. Gaffa's defense just sucks! Let 'em penetrate and rely on a tool like Carragher. Neville also sucks but at least he has great guys around him playing a tighter, more aggressive defensive game.

Peace
March 21, 2010, 10:01 AM
Insua is allowing crosses as if he is donating for charity work.:mad:

Ashraf-FTP
March 21, 2010, 10:06 AM
Ahh, the great underrated superstar does it again. He wont be underrated for long now.

al-Sagar
March 27, 2010, 09:17 PM
liverpool vs sunderland tonite

Peace
March 28, 2010, 09:25 AM
liverpool vs sunderland tonite
a must win game to secure champions league spot.
my prediction is 3-0, liverpool win

Peace
March 28, 2010, 10:06 AM
liverpool 1-0 sunderland
torres (3min)

Ashraf-FTP
March 28, 2010, 10:06 AM
Torres scores a fluke of the bar to give the bloods the lead in the 3rd minute.

Peace
March 28, 2010, 10:56 AM
That “fluke” goal may be a contender for goal of the month. What game are you watching ashraf?
HT: Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland.

Peace
March 28, 2010, 11:57 AM
a must win game to secure champions league spot.
my prediction is 3-0, liverpool win

FT: Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland

Just won £713 after putting £20 bet for Torres to score before half time and Liverpool to win 3-0.

cricman
March 28, 2010, 01:21 PM

Just won £713 after putting £20 bet for Torres to score before half time and Liverpool to win 3-0.

Well played dont want to start a gambling topic but in this stretch run ... plenty of money to be made w/ elite clubs fighting for position

lets get thst CL spot, we need the money

Ashraf-FTP
March 28, 2010, 06:03 PM

ohh wow. Good win buddy, now where is my share? ;)

Peace
April 4, 2010, 10:07 AM
Birmingham 0-1 Liverpool
Gererd, 47min
:joy:

al-Sagar
April 4, 2010, 10:01 PM
birmingham 1-liverpool 1

the final score

4th place now only a dream

al-Sagar
April 7, 2010, 10:24 PM
second leg against benfica at anfield today.

trailing by 2-1

al-Sagar
April 8, 2010, 11:10 PM
liverpool 4-1 benfica

semi line up

liverpool vs atletico
fulham vs hamburg

al-Sagar
April 12, 2010, 02:57 AM
liverpool 0 fulham 0

end of no 4 hopes

Peace
April 12, 2010, 01:26 PM
liverpool 0 fulham 0

end of no 4 hopes

I think we should ask UEFA again to make provision/rules to allow Liverpool to play in the Champions League next term if we can win the Europa cup this year. Few years ago they did make such provision/rules.

So come on UEFA. Without Liverpool, European football is boring; it is like a jungle without tiger.

al-Sagar
April 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
I think we should ask UEFA again to make provision/rules to allow Liverpool to play in the Champions League next term if we can win the Europa cup this year. Few years ago they did make such provision/rules.

So come on UEFA. Without Liverpool, European football is boring; it is like a jungle without tiger.

that time we won the Champions leaugue.

we cannot expect playing champions leaugue winning europa

Banglatiger84
April 18, 2010, 03:54 AM

Maybe they should make a provision that Liverpool should get automatic entry into Champions league Last 8 no matter what, better still, they should just be crowned champions so that the Kop can continue to believe that Rafa is a Houdini....

al-Sagar
April 28, 2010, 10:15 PM
liverpool host atletico madrid today.

1-0 deficit from away leg

al-Sagar
May 1, 2010, 09:19 PM
liverpool host chelsea today.

an important match for chelsea. important also for liverpool but their 4th place chance is now very very very slim.

chelsea needs to win. a lose or draw could be a blow for their title aspirations

Hatebreed
May 2, 2010, 08:48 AM
Gerard is doing his best to throw the game. What a way to give away a goal! Hopefully the rest of the Liverpool team have enough professionalism in them to get a result.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Palm)

_Rafi_
May 5, 2010, 04:54 AM
Liverpool...you fool pathetic loser.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

al-Sagar
May 9, 2010, 10:58 PM
disappointing season end at 7th position and no silverware

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez leaves by mutual consent (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm)

Liverpool have announced manager Rafael Benitez has left the club by mutual consent after six years in charge.

Benitez, 50, replaced Gerard Houllier as Liverpool manager in June 2004 and guided them to Champions League and FA Cup success the following two seasons.

But last season they made an early exit from the Champions League and finished only seventh in the Premier League.

Managing director Christian Purslow and former manager Kenny Dalglish are to begin the search for a replacement.

The club said there is no timeframe for an appointment and they will make no further comment until a new manager has been installed.

Benitez, who had four years of his five-year contract to run, finalised his departure after agreeing a severance payment and said he was "extremely sad" to be leaving the club.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool," he told the club's website.

"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Recently appointed club chairman Martin Broughton thanked Benitez for his efforts, but said it was time for a new era.

"Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final [against AC Milan] in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned," he said.

Former Valencia coach Benitez had been linked with Real Madrid and Juventus in recent months, but with both those clubs now having new men in charge he could be in the running to fill the vacant position at European champions Inter Milan following the departure of Jose Mourinho.

One thing that could delay the appointment of a permanent successor to Benitez at Anfield is the uncertainty over the club's future ownership.

Liverpool are £351m in debt and were put up for sale by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett earlier this year.

The American pair's ownership of the Reds has been a long-running source of discontent for many fans, who are unhappy with the way the club is being run, and there have been regular protests and public disputes.

Benitez had a fractious relationship with the pair, who admitted sounding out former Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann about the possibility of him taking over from Benitez at the end of 2007, when they feared the Spaniard could leave the club.

In the aftermath of Benitez's exit on Thursday, Anfield was the starting point for more protests against the American owners, with some supporters carrying banners reading "Gracias Rafa".

Nevertheless, Liverpool must move on with the search for Benitez's replacement.

BBC Sport understands that Dalglish is unlikely to play a role in the future management of the club, and the Reds are happy for Benitez's assistant, Sammy Lee, to take the reins until after the World Cup if necessary.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill have been mentioned as potential targets to take over in the long term, as has former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink, although he recently signed a contract to become coach of the Turkish national side.

But whoever takes the job may have to accept that major additions to the squad are unlikely without first selling players. BBC Sports News correspondent Dan Roan believes the new manager will have a summer transfer budget of between £10m and £15m.

The lack of cash available to invest in players has led to fears over the futures of some of the club's main assets, with striker Fernando Torres and captain Steven Gerrard linked with possible moves.

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina, one of several Spanish players brought to Anfield during Benitez's reign, expressed his regret at his compatriot's departure.

"It's obviously a sad day," said Reina after Spain's pre-World Cup warm-up match against South Korea.

"He was a very important person for the club for six years. Liverpool grew with him and Rafa also grew thanks to Liverpool.

"I hope that this crisis passes. That a person so important for the club as Rafa has left is news that you never would have expected and that you never would have believed.

"The only thing left for me is to thank him for his confidence during all this time. I wish him the best of luck."

Former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson told BBC Sport that Benitez's biggest legacy would be the memory of the team's miraculous comeback to win the 2005 Champions League final.

But Lawrenson said that ultimately Benitez was brought down by his failure to have cover for Torres when he got injured last season.

"He will be remembered for that unbelievable European Cup win when they came from 3-0 down to beat Milan [on penalties], which came very early and how fantastic that was, but he slipped up last year," he said.

"He didn't have a good enough replacement for Torres [when he was injured], and the season fell flat on its face."

In addition to that famous victory in Istanbul, Benitez brought the FA Cup to Anfield in 2006 when captain Gerrard produced a magnificent performance to help the Reds edge past West Ham on penalties.

But the Premier League title, the prize so desperately wanted by Liverpool fans who have had to watch bitter rivals Manchester United gradually draw level with their haul of 18 championships, proved agonisingly beyond Benitez

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 09:35 PM
so end of Benitez Era.

time for a new start with a new manager, may be some new players. and lets hope new manager can keep gerrard torres reina mascherano to start the build up.

Ashraf-FTP
June 3, 2010, 10:23 PM
so end of Benitez Era.

time for a new start with a new manager, may be some new players. and lets hope new manager can keep gerrard torres reina mascherano to start the build up.
Doesnt seem like to me like a new era. Unless they have new owners :s Money is just too important in so high levels.

mahbubH
June 4, 2010, 02:54 AM
I am sad to see Rafa is leaving. He is one of my favorites.

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 06:14 AM
Roy Hodgson leaves Fulham to become Liverpool manager (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm)

welcome ROY ....

still no news on the OWNERS which is more important.

just hope ROY keeps the club stable until the transition of OWNERS.

_Rafi_
July 1, 2010, 08:35 AM
Roy Hodgson is a mediocre coach. I am not sure how far he will be successfull with a big team like Liverpool. Or LFC have become a mediocre team itself?

Ashraf-FTP
July 1, 2010, 09:24 AM
Roy Hodgson is a mediocre coach. I am not sure how far he will be successfull with a big team like Liverpool. Or LFC have become a mediocre team itself?
Lmao. You got the second part right ;)

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 10:44 AM
these CRISIS things happens with football teams. Liverpool are going downhill. in their history of 100 years they have faced this downhills and uphill lots of times. also they have faced relegaton. by the course of time this will happen to MAN UTD, Arsenal and chelsea.

though i feel man utd and liverpool will be the teams that will always comeback strongly. they are the mohammedan and abahani of England and have the history to back them up.

i feel arsenal when wenger departs will have a big blip. and if abrahimovic cuts relation relation with chelsea, chelsea will go back where they belonged.

different sets of teams have dominated the EPL at different decades. once it was liverpool and nottingham forrest. nottingham forrest are now struggling in lower division. last two decades man utd have dominated in the ferguson era. arsenal have competed, one glory season for blackburn, recently chelsea arrived with some russian cash.

i feel man utd's dominance may finish with the crazy money chelsea, city and in some extent Spurs are spending and ferguson's retirement. may be next one decade these teams will dominate. but this crazy money thing wont dominate forever. liverpool and man utd will bounce back with football and dominate again.

i lived 4 years in england when i was very small, 2-6 years old. 2 years at liverpool, 2 years at manchester. when i returned to BD and started watching EPL from around season 94-95, i had this weakness for both liverpool and man utd. and amazingly liverpool is my first choice and man utd my second where normally a liverpool supporter will hate man utd and vice versa. i normally hate all the london clubs.

Ashraf-FTP
July 1, 2010, 11:31 AM
^^ Agreed there. Fergies retirement will badly hurt United. And Chelsea is only good enough cause of the cash. And they should forever thank Mourinho. If Chelsky doesnt get any more money, they will demote back to coca-cola championships :P

But Liverpool needs a total makeover. And it would just kill them if Torres and Gerrard leave.

_Rafi_
July 1, 2010, 12:40 PM
* Fargunson is retiring after this season(probably)
* Abrahamovic interest in football going to end within three years and plus Mourinho's tear set up will be completely broken by this time
* Arsen Wenger will not last three more years.

Who will compete for the title then? May be ManCity? Or Liverpool's old days are coming back?

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 12:49 PM
* Abrahamovic interest in football going to end within three years and plus Mourinho's tear set up will be completely broken by this time

Who will compete for the title then? May be ManCity? Or Liverpool's old days are coming back?

may be everton, spurs, aston villa..... these three teams have three very good managers and decent squads with lot of promise. but whats disappointing is every season they seem to take one step forward then next season they go one step backward.

Ashraf-FTP
July 1, 2010, 03:52 PM

Ferguson said hes not retiring within the next 2-3 seasons. And I dont see why he should retire, he is in good physical condition.

Peace
July 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
"Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm the signing of Joe Cole on a four-year deal.

The England midfielder has agreed personal terms with the Reds and will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours."

-source: LFC website
good move:joy:

ialbd
July 19, 2010, 01:01 PM
will help both Liverpool as well as Joe Cole...

_Rafi_
July 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
Very good move indeed. Now Liverpool needs to follow this move by keeping Gerrard and Masch. I am not sure about Torres because of his injury. Liverpool should sell him for 50m to Chealsea/city/RM and should use those money on some smart buy. A low depth club like Liverpool cant afford an injury prone very expensive player like Torres.

AsifTheManRahman
July 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
^ Agreed. Spending so many millions on a player who can't even guarantee he'll show up for 70% of the games in a season is a waste. Same reason why I wouldn't bother picking a guy like Fabregas in my club team. Great player no doubt, but very prone to injury.

al-Sagar
July 19, 2010, 11:25 PM
Very good move indeed. Now Liverpool needs to follow this move by keeping Gerrard and Masch. I am not sure about Torres because of his injury. Liverpool should sell him for 50m to Chealsea/city/RM and should use those money on some smart buy. A low depth club like Liverpool cant afford an injury prone very expensive player like Torres.

gerrard and torres are most probably gonna stay.... masch is gonna leave .....

Torres, though he managed only 60% games still was the top scorer. tyat shows we dont have enough backup. Rafa always played ngog instead of trying Kuyt or Babel upfront and it was a total failure but rafa was very stubborn to continue.

LFC need a decent effective backup for torres who can fill in when torres is injured. also Rafa has a role in torres injuries... when rafa was under pressure he sometime played torres 80 % fit risking more injuries. before this season Torres did not had this proneness to injury.

also selling torres could be a good idea for a big money. but at this moment with no champions league football i dont thing liverpool can attract another world class striker. and at this moment i dont think there is any really interested buyer. chelsea dont need him as they have drogba, anelka, kalou ...... Real madrid will never buy an former atletico captain. also with his current injury problems i dont thing other teams will be interested.

but once he gets through the injury problems he will be a big transfer in a year or two.

Sohel
July 20, 2010, 09:29 AM
Happy to see the Hudmah Rafa leave at LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LAST!

Equinox
July 20, 2010, 02:55 PM
Roy Hodgson is the best thing to happen to Liverpool in a long time.

al-Sagar
July 20, 2010, 10:10 PM
actually for some reason i feel......

Siddons for BD equivalent to RAFA for liverpool.

Rafa with some of his theories have ruined the career of some players and always went downhill with the LFC team

Peace
July 21, 2010, 01:05 AM
I still believe that Rafa is a good coach. You can not deny the fact that he won champions league for us with a mediocre team and transformed the team with a number of world class players likes of Reina, Torres, Mascherano. He also won Spanish league twice with Valencia.
It was sad to see him go; the last season was bad and he had to go. It is well understood that Rafa and American owners , Gerard and couple of other senior players did not get on well at the last part of the season and it was only one person who had to go.
I really wish Hodgson well, but another unsuccessful season without champions league football will be disastrous for Liverpool. It will be difficult to keep the star players.

Peace
July 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
Reports suggest that signing of Dutch winger, Drenthe is imminent. This may be a better signing than Jo Cole. What a prospect!

"Dutch midfielder Royston Drenthe is continually being linked with a move away from Real Madrid and the former Holland under-21 star has now revealed that he's set to leave Madrid for Barclays Premier League side Liverpool.

It's not yet clear whether Liverpool and Real Madrid have already agreed terms, but Drenthe appears confident that he'll ply his trade in the Barclays Premier League next term. "I will soon be joining Liverpool. I hope I will have a good season with my new club," he is quoted as saying.

Drenthe joined Real Madrid from Feyenoord in the summer of 2007, but the left footed wing-back never really managed to secure regular first team action at the Santiago Bernabeu. Therefore, he could now be looking to relaunch his career at Liverpool.

The Reds are in the market for a new left back following the departure of Fabio Aurelio, while Emiliano Insua and Philipp Degen also appear to be on their way out of Anfield. New manager Roy Hodgson supposedly sees Drenthe as the perfect candidate to fill the void at left back.

The former Feyenoord star would be the third Dutchman at Liverpool if the transfer indeed materialises. Compatriots Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt are already under contract at Anfield.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club."

source: liverpool website

Ashraf-FTP
July 27, 2010, 12:05 AM
Roy Hodgson is the best thing to happen to Liverpool in a long time.
Yup. Probably in a couple of seasons. Maybe its time Liverpool gets some of its glory back. I am hopeful for Hodgson.

Nadim
July 27, 2010, 10:45 AM
Midfielder Javier Mascherano demands Liverpool exit

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8859685.stm)

Peace
July 29, 2010, 03:16 PM
europa league (qualifying):
RAB 0-2 LIVERPOOL (74 mins played)

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 09:57 AM
Man Utd 3-2 scum

hahahahaha you'll never win the league!!!

al-Sagar
September 27, 2010, 07:26 AM
Why RBS looks set to own Liverpool FC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/09/why_rbs_looks_set_to_own_liver.html)

For those interested in owning Liverpool FC, the important calculation is this one: do they want to pay a premium and buy the club and business now, for something between £420m and £600m, or do they want to wait until it is in the hands of its banks, in the hope of securing Liverpool for more-or-less the £280m value of its bank debt (which includes £40m of penalty fees)?

Many would say that harsh commercial logic dictates only one answer.

With the 15 October deadline looming for Royal Bank of Scotland, Liverpool's main creditor, to decide whether to take control of the club, most bidders would surely prefer to wait for the fire sale.

Which is why it looks increasingly likely that Liverpool will - before too long - be the property of Royal Bank of Scotland and the US bank Wachovia (which provided around 25% of the bank debt).

There remain big imponderables, however.

One is whether Royal Bank of Scotland can take control without the business falling into administration - which would lead to a nine-point deduction for Liverpool to its Premier League tally (and, right now, would leave it with an interesting minus four points, which is a bit surreal).

As I understand it, lawyers are beavering away on behalf of RBS to investigate whether the bank can take control while avoiding administration.

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, RBS wants to own Liverpool like Superman craves kryptonite. If, in mid-October, RBS does end up formally in charge, its plan would be pass the club on to a new owner as quickly as humanly possible.

Finally, here's where those figures of £420m to £600m come from for the price tag if you want to buy Liverpool before the fire sale:
• £600m is what the two US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett would like for the bank debt and their equity. It would value their equity at more than £300m, providing them with a handsome profit.
• £420m would recoup for Hicks and Gillett the £140m odd they've put into Liverpool's holding company, Kop Holdings, via their Cayman Islands vehicle. It would, in essence, give them their money back without a profit.

There may be some Liverpool supporters who feel it is worth paying Messrs Hicks and Gillett somewhere between £140m and £320m to spare Liverpool FC the humiliation of falling into the clutches of its banks - although the evidence of the fans' blogs and websites appears to be that most supporters would in fact rather stick pins in their eyes before handing a profit to the US duo.

I doubt, however, that any of those supporters have a spare £500m lying about that they don't need right now. Which is why it's a pretty fair bet that RBS will end up owning Liverpool (for a bit).

al-Sagar
September 27, 2010, 07:27 AM
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson understands fans' protest (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9034236.stm)

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson said he "cannot criticise" the fans who staged a protest against the club's owners after the 2-2 draw with Sunderland.

"I don't think anybody at the club wants anything but a solution to the ownership problem," he said.

"The fans want to see the club moving forward and not sort of stuck with owners trying to sell the club."

Around 10,000 fans remained in Anfield after the match to urge co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to sell.

The Royal Bank of Scotland, which is owed £237.4m of the club's £282m debts, is due to make a decision on recalling its loan in October.

The bank, which is 84% state-owned, could opt to take control of Kop Holdings, the company used by Hick and Gillett to purchase Liverpool in February 2007.

Managing director Christian Purslow has stated his determination to secure the club's future by finding new owners , saying that he wants a sale "more than anybody in the world."

Purslow, along with chairman Martin Broughton and commercial director Ian Ayre, form a majority on the board and could approve a sale without the American owners' agreement.

However, BBC business editor Robert Peston has suggested the club is likely to end up under bank ownership at least temporarily, with suitors potentially saving up to £320m if they buy from the bank rather than the club's current owners.

Hicks and Gillett, who took control of the club in February 2007, are believed to want £600m for the club, while a figure of £420m would effectively see them leave without having made a profit.

However, if the club was to fall into bank ownership it could be available for about £280m, a figure that includes £40m of penalty fees.

Meanwhile, Hodgson is left trying to turn round a club that finished seventh in the Premier League last season.

They have won only one of six league matches this campaign and were knocked out of the Carling Cup at home by League Two Northampton Town last Wednesday.

Before the draw against Sunderland Hodgson stated that the protest would not help the club's stability, but has now suggested that the issue has united the staff and supporters on Merseyside.

"The fans here are very passionate and care an awful lot about this football club," he added.

"You cannot criticise them for showing their displeasure about the situation."

Captain Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher applauded the fans who had remained in the ground as they returned to the pitch to warm down after the match.

Tiger Manc
September 27, 2010, 08:20 AM
lol northampton town!! i thought barnsley a couple of years ago was embarrasing but a LEAGUE TWO club? can liverpool get any lower?

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 12:02 PM
After 7th match-
L'pool- 18th!
Blackpool- 9th!

ialbd
October 3, 2010, 12:04 PM
After 7th match-
L'pool- 18th!
Blackpool- 9th!

liverpool relegated next season? fate of leeds & newcastle? who knows...

al-Sagar
October 3, 2010, 12:08 PM
liverpool relegated next season? fate of leeds & newcastle? who knows...

untill the current owners are there anything can happen ... ...

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
untill the current owners are there anything can happen ... ...

there should not be any excuse. Its pathetic that L'pool fans putting all blame of owners for their failure. L'pool still pay/spend more than atleast 16 premium league clubs. A team with Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Reina, J. Cole should have done better. You can accuse owners for not winning or not getting into top 4 but not for placed in 18th position.

Tiger Manc
October 4, 2010, 09:11 AM
lol northampton town!! i thought barnsley a couple of years ago was embarrasing but a LEAGUE TWO club? can liverpool get any lower?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: LIVERPOOL 1-2 BLACKKPOOL

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 08:39 PM
Liverpool has ownership problem. As long as the current owner is there, Liverpool has not hope.

magic boy
October 5, 2010, 09:00 PM
Liverpool is now Fakirapool

_Rafi_
October 6, 2010, 12:24 PM
L'pool to sell to Boston RedSux owner according to chairman's announcement. But current owner i.e. Gillet & Hick opposing the move and going to court. Lets see "jol koto dur porjonto gorai".

Farhad
October 6, 2010, 06:17 PM
The Sox are a well managed team. This is only going to help Liverpool...

Equinox
October 7, 2010, 02:49 PM
How much is this Henry guy worth? If Liverpool are to regain their place among the Top 4 or even Top 6 they must get some reinforcements. I think they should raid City and sign some of their out of favour players such as Adebayor, Barry and Bridge.

These are the areas that they need to improve on and my suggested signings:
Striker - Emmanuel Adebayor
Holding Midfielfer: Gareth Barry
Playmaker/Winger: Roman Pavlyuchenko or Aaron Lennon
Center-half: Ryan Shawcross
Left-back: Wayne Bridge/Cristian Chivu

al-Sagar
October 8, 2010, 11:47 AM
Liverpool could face points deduction (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9074311.stm)

Liverpool are likely to face a nine-point deduction if parent company Kop Holdings goes into administration.

League rules say the penalty can be applied if a parent company insolvency is caused by the club's management.

Sources suggest Liverpool will struggle to argue the running of the football club by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett had not affected Kop Holdings.

Liverpool could enter administration if a sale to New England Sports Ventures is not completed by 15 October.

However, the prospect of the takeover moved a significant step closer as the Premier League gave the go-ahead to NESV, which owns the Boston Red Sox baseball team, to complete its £300m purchase of the Anfield outfit.

But if Hicks and Gillett manage to block the sale, their holding company could be put into administration by the Royal Bank of Scotland as a result of their £280m debts.

And the Premier League board, which comprises chief executive Richard Scudmore, chairman Sir Dave Richards and secretary Mike Foster, would then decide whether to dock points.

Liverpool are already in the bottom three of the Premier League after a dismal start to the season, amassing only six points from their opening seven games.

Initially, it was thought the Reds would avoid a points penalty but the club now faces the very real possibility of a deduction if a sale to NESV is delayed.

Liverpool's fate rests on the outcome of a declaratory judgement in the High Court next week over whether the club can be sold to NESV despite the objection of the club's owners.

An appeal is likely regardless of the High Court ruling, with no outcome likely before the 15 October refinancing deadline set by RBS, the club's major creditor.

RBS will have the choice to waive their demand for repayment until the legal dispute is finalised, or call in the debt and place the parent company into administration.

Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to enter administration earlier this year and automatically received a nine-point reduction, condemning them to relegation.

In a similar case, West Ham avoided a penalty when their holding company went into administration in 2009.

That is because the London club was just one of several interests in the portfolio of Straumur, the Icelandic bank.

However, also in 2009, Southampton were docked 10 points by the Football League after their parent company Southampton Leisure Holdings went into administration, as a League investigation found they were "inextricably linked as one economic entity". That was a decision taken by the Football League rather than the Premier League.

Meanwhile, the Premier League has met the owners and directors of NESV and has confirmed that John W Henry and the other directors have passed the league's new 'owners and directors' test.

The decision means that only the High Court action by Hicks and Gillett stands in the way of the £300m deal going through.

The Premier League statement read: "The Premier League has met with the owners and directors of New England Sports Ventures (NESV) regarding their proposed takeover of Liverpool FC and has received details, in accordance with Premier League rules, of the proposed company and ownership structure as well as the make-up of the new Board.

"The Premier League is satisfied, with the information provided, that the individuals NESV intend to put in place in the event they complete their takeover of Liverpool FC meet the criteria set out in our owners' and directors' test.

"The board of the Premier League will continue working with Liverpool FC in regard to this process, however, we are aware that the formal completion of this takeover is yet to be resolved and it is therefore inappropriate for us to offer any further comment at this time. "

if this 9 point deduction happens thats only because of the owners because they dont care about the point deduction, they are only thinking of selling the club and make some profit.

al-Sagar
October 8, 2010, 11:54 AM
Hicks set to fight Liverpool sale to NESV in High Court (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9069040.stm)

Tom Hicks has vowed to fight the £300m sale of Liverpool in the High Court.

The Reds board agreed the deal with New England Sports Ventures but co-owners Hicks and George Gillett claim to have sacked two directors to halt the sale.

However, club chairman Martin Broughton has stated the American duo do not have the power to alter the board's make-up.

Both parties are now set for a legal dispute after Hicks told BBC Radio 5 live's Brian Alexander he intended to pursue the matter through the courts.

The Liverpool board, consisting of Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre, outvoted Hicks and Gillett in agreeing the sale.

However, in an effort to keep control of the Anfield side, Hicks and Gillett have claimed they have replaced Purslow and Ayre with Hicks' son Mack and Lori Kay McCutcheon, a vice president at Hicks Holdings - giving the co-owners a majority on the board and with it the ability to block any sale.

When asked about the takeover by Alexander, Hicks replied in a e-mail: "We legally reconstituted the board and the board does not approve of this transaction."

Then asked how he and Gillett could block the move, Hicks added: "We have removed Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre."

Hicks and Gillett believe that the deal with NESV, which owns the Boston Red Sox baseball team, undervalues the Merseyside outfit and, if it were to go through, would see them lose about £140m.

However, Broughton, who was brought in to oversee the sale of the club in April, insisted on Wednesday that he and the rest of the board have the authority to push through the deal.

"When I took the role they gave a couple of written undertakings to Royal Bank of Scotland - that I was the only person entitled to change the board and that they would take no action to frustrate any reasonable sale," stated Broughton.

"I think they flagrantly abused both of those written undertakings. I have the casting vote."

The issue is now likely to go to the High Court next week, while the Premier League also has to ratify the deal, though it is thought to be happy with NESV's proposed business plan.

If a ruling goes the way of Hicks and Gillett, the pair will have to negotiate the hurdle of the 15 October deadline set by Royal Bank of Scotland to repay £240m of loans and £40m of fees.

RBS could then place Liverpool into administration, with the possibility of selling the club to NESV remaining .

NESV has said it will remove "all acquisition debt" if it buys the club, prompting Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson to hail the arrival of a group that also owns American baseball team Boston Red Sox.

"It's very positive and of course I'm delighted," he told the Liverpool website. "It's been going on a long time and I know how hard the board have worked to set things up.

"I know it's not easy for them because the owners have other ideas in terms of the sale of the club and what is achievable.

"But I was delighted to hear the news and have it confirmed that it looks like it is going to go through."

cant understand what this man is up to. if he fails to pay the DEBT of RBS, RBS can sell the club at any lower price. so in that case he will lose a more lot. he is now only looking for his good. he is not thinking of the good of the club which he never thought. he always wanted to make profit and still wants.

Tiger Manc
October 10, 2010, 09:16 AM
liverpool could go into administration and if they do, they will be deducted 9 points meaning they will be on -3 lol! That would be too funny if they ended up on that and bottom of the league after 7 games.

Ashraf-FTP
October 10, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hicks set to fight Liverpool sale to NESV in High Court (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9069040.stm)

cant understand what this man is up to. if he fails to pay the DEBT of RBS, RBS can sell the club at any lower price. so in that case he will lose a more lot. he is now only looking for his good. he is not thinking of the good of the club which he never thought. he always wanted to make profit and still wants.
He is a businessman, not nessecarily a fan. He always was, thats the sad thing. The whole game is a business now :(

al-Sagar
October 11, 2010, 07:36 PM
Liverpool Football Club case set for High Court (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm)

The case to decide the future ownership of Liverpool Football Club will be heard in the High Court on Tuesday.

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), the club's major creditors, have submitted an application to the court against co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Hicks and Gillett, who bought the Reds in March 2007, owe RBS £240m but are blocking the £300m sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV).

The American duo have opposed the sale as they say it undervalues the club.

The case is one of a number to be heard by Mr Justice Floyd at 1030 BST and revolves around whether chairman Martin Broughton has the authority to sell Liverpool to NESV against the wishes of Hicks and Gillett.

Broughton claims when the owners decided to put the club up for sale in April, RBS requested undertakings from them that only he - as independent chairman - could make changes to the club's board.

That was to prevent the two Americans blocking any sale as the format of the board meant Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre could outvote the Hicks and Gillett three to two.

However, minutes before a meeting last week to discuss the bid by NESV, which will clear all debt but leave the owners with losses of £144m, Hicks tried to sack Purslow and Ayre and install his son, Mack, and Lori McCutcheon, who works for Hicks Holdings.

Broughton rejected the proposal and continued with the meeting, with the England-based board members coming down in favour of the NESV bid.

Hicks, however, has denied there are such undertakings in place, insisting Broughton's actions were illegal and therefore the sale is invalid.

It has been reported that should Broughton's bid to sell against the owners' wishes fail, then RBS would take over, place Liverpool into administration and execute the deal with NESV.

But that would likely result in a nine-point penalty which, it has been suggested, would prompt NESV to walk away from the deal leaving the club and RBS with no potential buyers.

However, the intrigue was added to on Monday when the BBC learned that Singapore business tycoon Peter Lim, who lost out to NESV when bidding to buy Liverpool, is ready to make a higher offer.

A source close to billionaire Lim claimed he had been the club's preferred bidder and was "annoyed and bemused" when it was announced that NESV had won the auction without him getting the chance to submit an improved bid.

The source told BBC Sport: "This is about a level playing field and being able to put forward the best offer.

"We want to table a significantly improved offer that's persuasive to the [Liverpool] board, and makes them change the horse they've backed."

al-Sagar
October 11, 2010, 07:39 PM
Liverpool to receive new bid from Singapore billionaire (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11518079)

The bidding contest for Liverpool FC may not be over, the BBC can reveal.

The runner-up in the contest, Peter Lim, a Singapore billionaire, is to approach Liverpool's board with a view to making a higher offer for the club.

According to sources close to Mr Lim, he was the club's preferred bidder in the closing stages of the auction.

He had talks with Liverpool's chairman about how to announce his takeover, such was the apparent confidence that he would win the contest.

'No loans'

Mr Lim learned he was not the victor only a few hours before the club's chairman, Martin Broughton, announced on 6 October that Liverpool would be sold to John Henry's New England Sport Ventures for £300m.

Mr Lim, who is being advised by the British firm of lawyers Macfarlanes and by the Wong Partnership of Singapore, still does not know why Mr Broughton went with New England Sports Ventures, owners of the Boston Red Sox.

He believes that in purely monetary terms, his offer was at least as attractive as Mr Henry's.

Mr Lim, too, was offering to repay all of Royal Bank of Scotland's and Wachovia's £200m of long-term debt, to take on £60m of other debt and to inject £40m of working capital.

What's more - and Mr Lim regards this as crucial - all the money being provided by him would come from his own cash resources. He is not planning to borrow any of it.

I understand he is also offering to provide tens of millions of pounds to Liverpool's manager, Roy Hodgson, to allow him to buy players when the transfer window opens in January.

According to executives close to Mr Lim, he was told by Mr Broughton that his ability to fund the takeover for cash, and the size of his cash resources, meant he was a more attractive owner than New England Sports Ventures.

Mr Lim was told that Liverpool's board was concerned that New England Sports Ventures would have to borrow to finance the takeover - raising questions about whether Liverpool really would break free from the financial shackles perceived to have been imposed by the current owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

In the event, New England Sports Ventures have insisted it will not load up Liverpool FC with debt.

But there are no guarantees that there will not be significant debt further up the corporate ownership structure of New England Sports Ventures - which could limit how much money Mr Henry and his colleagues can inject into Liverpool in the future.

Mr Lim is keeping a close eye on the court case, which starts on Tuesday.

The case is supposed to rule on whether Mr Broughton can sell Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures against the wishes of Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett.

The Singapore billionaire believes the judgement in that case may give him an opportunity to bid again, whatever Mr Broughton may wish.

Business empire

Mr Lim is also prepared to buy Liverpool, should it ultimately collapse into administration under UK insolvency procedures.

According to sources close to him, he feels that he may have been shut out because New England made an offer to Royal Bank of Scotland to pay some of the £40m penalty fees the banks have demanded.

If that is the case, he believes Royal Bank may have done a poor deal, because he would be prepared to pay RBS and Wachovia more than the £10m or so which New England Sports Ventures is said to have put on the table.

"He never had a chance to negotiate directly with Royal Bank [of Scotland]," said a source. "He was expecting to do so, after agreeing the takeover with the board."

Mr Lim has an estimated net worth of $1.6bn (£1bn), according to Forbes Magazine.

He made his fortune in fashion, logistics and agri-business.

His interest in English football stems from his ownership of several Manchester United themed bars in Asia - which have persuaded him that there is huge global potential for making money from top-flight English football.

Meanwhile, Royal Bank of Scotland announced on Monday afternoon that it had obtained an injuction to prevent Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett from sacking Martin Broughton or any other of the club's board members ahead of Tuesday's court case.

Ashraf-FTP
October 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
"I understand he is also offering to provide tens of millions of pounds to Liverpool's manager, Roy Hodgson, to allow him to buy players when the transfer window opens in January."

As much as anything, they need this the most :D Go with this Lim guy, like isnt it obvious ?

There is no hope for the Kops...

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 01:34 AM
Liverpool takeover completed by US company NESV (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9094283.stm)

US company New England Sports Ventures, owner of the Boston Red Sox, has completed its takeover of Liverpool FC.

The move comes after former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett removed the temporary restraining order blocking the £300m sale on Friday morning.

"I am proud and humbled," said NESV head John W Henry. "I can't tell you how happy I am. We're here to win."

Hicks and Gillett may now take legal action in England to secure damages after dropping a claim lodged in Texas.

The claim in the Dallas court was for £1bn in damages, with the American pair claiming the deal was "illegal" and an "extraordinary swindle".

"We believe that once the English court finally has a chance to hear all the facts, a very different picture will be painted," said a statement from law firm Fish & Richardson attorney Tom Melsheimer.

"We are committed first and foremost to winning. We have a history of winning, and we want Liverpool supporters to know that this approach is what we intend to bring to this great club."

Chairman Martin Broughton - who revealed he would fulfill "a transitional role while John works out how to run the club" in the foreseeable future - added in a statement: "I am delighted that we have been able to successfully conclude the sale process which has been thorough and extensive.

"The board decided to accept NESV's offer on the basis that it best met the criteria we set out originally for a new owner. NESV is buying Liverpool in order to put it on an excellent financial footing and continue to develop it internationally.

"This is a good deal which comprehensively resolves the pressing issue of the club's debt and should give staff, players and fans great confidence regarding the future of Liverpool FC."

Former owners Hicks and Gillett had earlier lifted the restraining order blocking the club's sale earlier on Friday, but not so that the current board could complete a deal with NESV.

Hicks was believed to be negotiating the sale of his shares with US hedge fund Mill Financial, who already own Gillett's shares after he defaulted on a £75m loan from the Royal Bank of Scotland in August.

But the Premier League rejected Mill's requests to undergo a fit and proper person test on Thursday, saying it could only negotiate with the Liverpool board.

The board - comprising Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre as well as Hicks and Gillett - had already accepted a bid from NESV by three votes to two for them to become the club's new owners.

Hicks and Gillett, who gave up hope of holding on to Liverpool at a court in Dallas on Friday, could now bring their legal fight to the High Court in London.

Steve Stodghill, the Texas lawyer representing Hicks and Gillett, added: "This outcome not only devalues the club but it also will result in long-term uncertainty for the fans, players and everyone who loves this sport because all legal recourses will be pursued.

"Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett pledged to pay the debt to RBS so that the club could avoid administration that was threatened by RBS. That offer was rejected.

"It is a tragic development that others will claim as a victory. This means it won't be resolved the way it should be resolved.

"My clients worked tirelessly to resolve these issues but RBS would not listen to any reasonable solution and the directors acted selfishly and illegally. Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett wanted to position this club for the future, but others have a different agenda.

"In truth, there is nothing positive from these events for Liverpool Football Club. That is exactly the opposite of what my clients wanted to achieve."

The Royal Bank of Scotland, however, vowed to "vigorously oppose" any attempts made to sue, saying in a statement: "RBS is pleased the sale of LFC to NESV has been completed.

"We are confident this will provide the foundation for the club and its fans to enjoy renewed success on and off the pitch.

"RBS is aware of reports that Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett may intend to pursue further litigation in relation... the English courts have described claims made to date as "not realistic and abusive". Any further claims against RBS will be vigorously opposed."

Hicks and Gillett have continuously sought to prevent the purchase of the club they bought in 2007 for £174m, holding the view that Liverpool is worth much more than the £300m NESV offered.

It looked as though the prospect of it going down to a final day on Friday might be avoided after the latest High Court ruling on Thursday when Mr Justice Floyd issued an anti-suit injunction that rendered Hicks and Gillett's temporary restraining order, which they put in place to try and prevent a sale taking place, ineffective.

But Hicks and Gillett eventually withdrew their restraining order on Friday morning as it became clear Mill Financial would not be able to become Liverpool's new owners.

Liverpool, who face Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday, are in the bottom three in the Premier League table after picking up only six points from their opening seven games.

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 01:37 AM
Ex-Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks angry after losing club (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9098046.stm)

Liverpool's former co-owner Tom Hicks says he is devastated after claiming the club was wrestled from him in an "epic swindle".

Hicks and co-owner George Gillett lost the Anfield outfit to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) on Friday after a lengthy takeover saga.

"There are better owners of Liverpool than the owners of Boston Red Sox [NESV]," Hicks told Sky Sports.

"I'm shocked, devastated and frustrated. I'm very disappointed."

He added: "It has hurt my family tremendously. This is a very valuable asset that was swindled away from me in an epic swindle."

Hicks, who took over the Anfield outfit with fellow American Gillett in 2007, felt the pair had been victims of an "organised conspiracy over many months".

The duo lost the club in a £300m takeover deal by American John W Henry, owner of NESV.

"Martin Broughton [Liverpool chairman] wanted a good PR event in his life and wanted to be seen as the guy that got rid of those Americans - he sold to another group of Americans," stated 64-year-old Hicks.

He claimed that he and Gillett had the funds to pay off Royal Bank of Scotland, the club's major creditors who were owed £237m, but were prevented from doing so by the bank, Broughton and employees of the club.

Hicks also stated he had identified a buyer who he believed would have been better for Liverpool than NESV, but people inside the club undermined his attempts to reach a deal.

"The interested buyers that we knew would be the right type of buyers for the club - look what's happened to Manchester City now with their new ownership - that's the kind of buyer we were trying to find for Liverpool," he commented.

However, potential buyers were scared off by "distress chatter" and an "organised internet terrorism campaign", he added.

Admitting that the club had "a little too much debt, no question", Hicks - who became a hate figure among some Liverpool supporters - accepted that "something went wrong with my ability to communicate with the fans. I am saddened by it."

But the Texan businessman added: "We spent £300m on players - £150m net on players. You never hear about that in the media."

Hicks also said he hoped Liverpool's planned new stadium at Stanley Park would be built. Work has yet to start on the 60,000-seater venue because of funding difficulties.

"We had the chance to build a world-class stadium in Liverpool and I hope the group that took the club today builds that stadium", he stated.

And Hicks hit out at former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, who left the club by mutual consent in June after six years.

"Rafa never wanted to take accountability for his own results. He would blame the owners. Alex Ferguson doesn't do that at Manchester United," he commented.

Hicks and Gillett dropped a claim for £1bn damages in a US court but could take legal action in England to get compensation.

"This isn't over," said Hicks.

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 01:39 AM
New owner John W Henry determined to revive Liverpool (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9097945.stm)

Liverpool's new owner John W Henry has pledged to tackle the club's problems both on and off the field "head on".

NESV, which Henry heads, completed its takeover of Liverpool on Friday after a bitter battle in the UK and US courts.

Henry said he was "proud and humbled" and "here to win" but added: "We're going to have to work very hard.

"There's a lot of work to be done to get this club to where it needs to be in the grand scheme of things but we're going to be attacking this head-on."

NESV finally wrested control of Liverpool from previous owner Tom Hicks and US hedge fund Mill Financial on Friday with a £300m takeover which also drastically reduced its debts.

Hicks is threatening legal action over the sale, which he claims massively undervalued the club, but for now Henry is more concerned with reviving Liverpool's fortunes on the pitch and addressing it's pressing need for a new stadium or major development of Anfield.

"We really, through all the work we've done over the last two months, saw the challenges and problems which exist and we've got to work to address those," said Henry, who also owns baseball's Boston Red Sox.

"There is a great nucleus here off the field and on the field and we think we can build from that, but it's not going to be easy.

"We've got real challenges but we've got a very strong organisation, financially and otherwise, we have some terrific strategic thinkers."

Henry said the dilemma over whether to build a new stadium or upgrade Anfield's current 45,000 capacity was similar to the one confronting NESV when they acquired the Red Sox and their Fenway Park home in 2002.

"The stadium issue was a big issue in Boston. We went in there not knowing what we should do - build a new ballpark or refurbish, and we have the same issue here," he told Liverpool's website.

Liverpool have long been planning to build a 60,000-seater stadium at Stanley Park, near their current Anfield home, but work has yet to begin because of problems with funding.

Henry added: "We have to listen, learn, talk to the community, talk to the council, talk with the supporters. But the biggest issue of all is really what makes the most sense for Liverpool, long term."

Liverpool play Everton in the Merseyside derby on Sunday and their manager David Moyes said on Friday he would be interested if the opportunity arose for a groundshare with the Reds.

That may be one option Henry looks at as he sets about the "real challenges" in trying to restore Liverpool to former glories, as he did with the Reds Sox.

The Red Sox have won the World Series twice since Henry bought the club, having not previously been winners since 1918, while Liverpool may be are English football's most decorated club but have not won a league title since 1990.

Henry admitted, though, that there were times this week when he thought his acquisition of the Merseyside giants, with 18 league titles and five European Cup wins to their name, was going to be thwarted.

"There were many days where I was wondering whether or not we would be going home," said Henry, who surprisingly turned up when Liverpool held a board meeting on Wednesday evening in London.

"In fact, even on Friday I wasn't a 100% confident. There were days where I was confident but there were a lot of twists and turns here. I'm just happy it ended successfully."

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 01:41 AM
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson reveals relief at takeover (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9097402.stm)

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has welcomed the takeover of the club by New England Sports Ventures.

NESV will take control at Anfield after American duo Tom Hicks and George Gillett were defeated in their legal fight to prevent the buy-out.

"It's a very good day for the club," Hodgson said just before the deal was confirmed. "It's a relief...it's been a very difficult couple of weeks.

"There's no doubt a cloud has been lifted from the football club today."

On Friday, Hicks and Gillett removed the restraining order blocking any sale of the club, thus enabling NESV - the preferred buyer of the club's board - to complete their £300m purchase.

Although Hicks and Gillett say they intend to pursue £1bn damages over what they perceive as an "illegal" deal, it finally provides Hodgson with cause for optimism, after a two-and-a-half-month reign at the club dominated by uncertainty.

"For this long drawn-out court battle to take place and Liverpool's name to be on the television screens and in the newspapers every day for anything other than positive reasons has been a bad time," admitted Hodgson.

"We've had to live through that bad time but hopefully now, if NESV are going to take over, that would be very good news for us going into the important match at the weekend."

Hodgson revealed that he had spoken to John W Henry, the head of NESV, who also own the Boston Red Sox baseball team, but said there had been no discussion about his position at the club or what potential transfer funds may be available to spend.

"There hasn't been any talk about my position at the club," stated Hodson.

He called me and his message was that he was hoping the deal would go through, he was very much looking forward to becoming the new owner and he was looking forward to working with me and the people who were here but we didn't talk about investment."

Hodgson did say he was optimistic NESV could bring a more stable environment to Anfield than that of Hicks and Gillett, who have faced discontent from supporters over their regime, in particular the level of debt they incurred in purchasing the club for £174m in 2007.

"All people and clubs need stability, all managers and players need stability and it is becoming a very hard thing to find," added Hodgson.

"We live in a world where you are either on top or at the bottom and the middle line is not appreciated by the mass media.

"I am hoping the new owners coming in will stabilise the situation and give us a chance to concentrate on the football and, most importantly of all, will wipe out debts.

"That will mean in future we can invest in players in a different way to what has happened in the last transfer window when money was in short supply and we weren't even certain there would be any money to spend or even if the club would be there.

"The mere fact the club will be taken over and the debts wiped off immediately puts us into a different financial position to the one we have been in."

The news was also met with relief by James McKenna, of the Spirit of Shankly supporters group that had campaigned against the previous owners.

Speaking to BBC Radio Merseyside, he said: "Many supporters have battled to get to this point and we've now achieved our goal of getting rid of them.

"There is outright jubilation that they have gone, but a bit of caution about what these new owners NESV are like... I think supporters are feeling a lot more optimistic about this football club than they were 12 hours ago."

"It's important we do get back to talking about football and hopefully as supporters that's what we can do.

"I'll be enjoying a celebratory drink or two this evening."

And Dr Rogan Taylor, a University of Liverpool academic who founded Share Liverpool FC to raise cash for a fan-led buyout at Anfield, was also cautiously optimistic, saying: "Incoming owners always make noises about how they're going to be nice to the fans and work alongside them, but it's all in the doing and not in the speaking.

"I have no doubt that they'll be aware that there is a couple of "bad Americans" leaving - but they're new Americans, and they are going to need some sort of clear way of indicating that they are not the old Americans.

"I've only seen John Henry briefly, but it seems he has a sense of humour so I'm delighted about that."

Liverpool will be hoping that stability in the boardroom will bring an upturn in fortunes on the pitch.

The team are currently in the relegation zone, having taken only six points from seven Premier League matches.

On Sunday they face a trip to local rivals Everton, who are one place above them in the table courtesy only of a better goal difference.

Everton boss David Moyes has refused to comment on the takeover at Liverpool but voiced his belief that clubs must take greater responsibility for their finances.

"If you look at our debt, it is probably roughly somewhere between £60-£70m," said Moyes. "I think it is well documented what Liverpool's debt is.

"I think debt is maybe going to become quite unfashionable. I think the media have pushed people to spend a lot of money and I think that is now changing."

However, Moyes does not believe the issues that have dominated the build-up to Sunday's game will have much of an impact on the action on the pitch and is targeting the encounter as one to kick-start his side's climb up the table.

"What other matters have the players had to concern themselves with? I think you just get on with the game," said Moyes. "Football players are professional, you go onto the pitch and it is 11 v 11.

"I don't think anyone would expect Liverpool to be in this position come the end of the season, just like I don't think anyone expects Everton to be in this position.

"We are because we have not played well enough and not won the opening games. We have to try to do better."

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 01:42 AM
Everton boss Moyes interested in Liverpool groundshare (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9097795.stm)

Everton manager David Moyes has said the club would be "very interested" if the opportunity arose to share a ground with rivals Liverpool.

Both clubs have struggled to build new homes but the takeover of Liverpool by New England Sports Ventures could kickstart the Reds' project.

"I wouldn't say we'd be definitely for it but we'd be very interested if we got an opportunity," said Moyes.

"I don't know if that's how Liverpool would view it."

A move to a new stadium could help put Everton and Liverpool on closer terms with rivals Manchester United and Arsenal and Moyes said his club needs new forms of investment.

"It's [a groundshare with Liverpool] probably something that if you ask people up here no one would really want it," stated Moyes, who took over at Goodison Park in 2002.

"Who really wants to share a ground with their neighbours?

"But from our point of view we need something new to get some more investment in.

"There is a limit to what we can get at Goodison. It can only take in a certain amount of money."

Everton's plan to move to a 50,000-seater stadium in Kirkby was scuppered in 2009 when the government rejected the proposals.

Liverpool have long-planned to build a 60,000-seater ground on Stanley Park, near their Anfield home, but work has never started because of a lack of funding.

Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish gave guarded backing to a groundshare between the two Merseyside clubs in September, and Everton chairman Bill Kenwright hinted later he was willing to discuss the matter.

Everton announced plans in August to build a £9m retail and office complex at Goodison Park. However, Kenwright insisted the proposals did not mean that the club had ruled out a move to a new stadium.

The Toffees, who are fourth from bottom of the Premier League, host third-bottom Liverpool in the Merseyside derby on Sunday.

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
:floor: LOL Liverpool........New owner o kaj holo na.......already 2 down against Everton on the 50th mins :floor:

al-Sagar
October 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
:floor: LOL Liverpool........New owner o kaj holo na.......already 2 down against Everton on the 50th mins :floor:

he he, new owner jodi ek din ei ekta team e change korte parto, taile team gulo player na kine khali owner change korto

_Rafi_
October 19, 2010, 02:54 PM
Whats happening to EPL giants? L'pool already down. And the way MU is going they will find themselves in danger soon. Too much debt for a soccer club.

al-Sagar
November 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
liverpool 2 - 0 chelsea at half time

torres with both the goals so far

ialbd
November 7, 2010, 12:22 PM
torres with a double strike.... impressive.... what a way to redeem himself....

al-Sagar
November 7, 2010, 12:56 PM
liverpool beats chelsea 2-0

_Rafi_
November 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
Torres is back!

Nadim
November 7, 2010, 01:41 PM
^^^ = Liverpool is back

Equinox
November 7, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thankfully they were patient and didn't get rid of Hodgson who is a top manager. Now hopefully the Yanks will allow Roy to spend freely and they can cover up the holes in their squad.

Brit-boy
December 6, 2010, 08:39 AM
YEAAAAAAH. . . THIS IS MY CLUB! IM A LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTER :)

UNFORTUNETLY WE ARE HAVING A BAD SEASON THIS SEASON. NEXT SEASON LIVERPOOL FC WILL BE BACK, CHALLENGING FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER-LEAGUE TITLE.

Brit-boy
December 7, 2010, 10:54 AM
Liverpool 3 - 0 Aston Villa, 6 December
Ngog (13)
Babel (16)
Maxi (55)

:)

al-Sagar
January 8, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hodgson leaves Liverpool FC

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

ialbd
January 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
lets see how life goes for liverpool now...

Hodgson wasnt the best manager to motivate players but Hodgson wasnt the 'only' problem Liverpool had...

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2011, 07:10 PM
Dalgish was one of my favorite player. He was a pure scorer. May he bring back the glory days to LP.

reverse_swing
January 9, 2011, 07:22 PM
May he bring back the glory days to LP.

Yeah playing alongside Nott'm Forest, Sheff Und and Crystal Palace in Championship and fighting for Premier league promotion next year would be awesome.It will bring back good old days. :)

Ashraf-FTP
January 9, 2011, 09:54 PM
Lmaoo^^

I personally think Roy was a great manager, but I am happy to see him get out of the way before Liverpool are relegated :P I am sure Roy will find a new club very soon :)

And ohh well, United won XD That was too obvious. Now lets see what they can do against the weaker teams and if they can stay in the top division :)

bangla-red
January 10, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lmaoo^^

I personally think Roy was a great manager, but I am happy to see him get out of the way before Liverpool are relegated :P I am sure Roy will find a new club very soon :)

And ohh well, United won XD That was too obvious. Now lets see what they can do against the weaker teams and if they can stay in the top division :)

Careful. Remember that he only got the job for finishing 12th and getting into the Europa League final. He's a good manager with small teams, but he struggled here because he lacked the tactical skill and because he didn't have a wide range of player knowledge. It's OK at Fulham, but Poulsen and Konchesky were both players that he had managed and that's why he bought them... great success they turned out to be. And his press conferences :doh:.

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/showthread.php?25333-The-quotable-Roy-Hodgson-six-months-in

The King is back.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDK2YBy33_M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDK2YBy33_M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLejANm-bMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLejANm-bMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

_Rafi_
January 11, 2011, 08:52 AM

hehehe I made the comment months ago. Liverpool should hire me for some advice. On I voluntarily advising Liverpool too sell Torres and use those grand money to buy 5 young and promising talents.

Tiger Manc
January 12, 2011, 11:43 AM
:goal::-D

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool

al-Sagar
January 26, 2011, 11:03 PM
2 back to back wins, 1 comprehensive and other lunck and hard fought

Akib
January 31, 2011, 09:59 AM
Well Torres is apparantly almost on his way to Chelsea for 45 million...

I wonder if we can get carroll

Ashraf-FTP
January 31, 2011, 12:12 PM
Well Torres is apparantly almost on his way to Chelsea for 45 million...

I wonder if we can get carroll
Lol. Carroll wont be able to cope with the pressure trying to fill in the shoes of Torres. Believe it or not, Liverpool need defence, not forward. Agger is their only decent defender. An attack starts from the back, always :)

Reina is leaving soon too I believe, in the summer.

Ashraf-FTP
January 31, 2011, 12:17 PM
Careful. Remember that he only got the job for finishing 12th and getting into the Europa League final. He's a good manager with small teams, but he struggled here because he lacked the tactical skill and because he didn't have a wide range of player knowledge. It's OK at Fulham, but Poulsen and Konchesky were both players that he had managed and that's why he bought them... great success they turned out to be. And his press conferences :doh:.

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/showthread.php?25333-The-quotable-Roy-Hodgson-six-months-in

The King is back.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDK2YBy33_M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDK2YBy33_M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLejANm-bMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLejANm-bMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Lol well Dalglish no kidding has done a geat job in the past. But you have to remember, back then the teams were much weaker, especially teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea who are big title contenders right now. Can Dalglish do something amazing now with so many other teams fighting for the CL spot? Lets see...

Even though I wouldnt support the buying of Konchesky and Poulsen, Hodgeson is still a great manager, but you are right he probably just isnt ready for the big clubs, yet.

ialbd
January 31, 2011, 12:27 PM
just when I was about to comment 'Now that you have Suarez, hold on to Torres' this news (Torres transferring to Chelsea) breaks in....

i thought pool already rejected the chelsea offer... oh well... chelsea needed a striker esp when there are rumors abt Drogba leaving in the summer...

al-Sagar
January 31, 2011, 12:40 PM
suarez deal completed.

and now carrol fee agreed, so its almost sure torres deal will be agreed and completed soon subject to medicals.

so welcome suarez and carrol

goodbye Torres (thanks for ur contribution to LFC)

Ashraf-FTP
January 31, 2011, 04:50 PM
suarez deal completed.

and now carrol fee agreed, so its almost sure torres deal will be agreed and completed soon subject to medicals.

so welcome suarez and carrol

goodbye Torres (thanks for ur contribution to LFC)
Apparently it has already been agreed at 50 Mil. Suarez should be a great addition, I love that kid :) He will take time to get used to the English style of playing but once he is over that stage he should do great.

al-Sagar
February 6, 2011, 01:15 PM
chelsea 0 - liverpool 1

It was his destiny that TORRES will be playing for the loosing side today, Feb 6th 2011.

bangla-red
February 16, 2011, 10:55 AM
Lol well Dalglish no kidding has done a geat job in the past. But you have to remember, back then the teams were much weaker, especially teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea who are big title contenders right now. Can Dalglish do something amazing now with so many other teams fighting for the CL spot? Lets see...

Chelsea, Tottenham and City were weaker, but other teams were stronger. What's your point?

al-Sagar
March 6, 2011, 10:15 AM
liverpool 3-0 Man UTD

7 minutes to go

Kuyt with all three goals

al-Sagar
March 6, 2011, 10:30 AM
Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd

thebest
March 6, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Kuyt. Suarez you are already a legend

_Rafi_
March 6, 2011, 12:54 PM
Watched Suarez playing for Liverpool first time. He seems already picked up the pace and already adopted his gifted technic with EPL. He will be the Red hot man for Liverpool if he can control his temper and lifestyle.

al-Sagar
March 20, 2011, 10:36 PM
sunderland 0 - liverpool 2

good away win at the stadium of light where bigger teams have found it difficult

suarez and carrol played together for the first time. they would need some time to gel though

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 11:43 PM
2 injuries, 2 penalties conceded and a 2-1 loss to WBA

bad day at office for LFC against ex manager

al-Sagar
April 11, 2011, 10:28 PM
liverpool 3 - 0 manchester city

carrol got 2 goals ...................... (now lfc supporters can say Torres, who)

al-Sagar
April 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
arsenal 1 liverpool 1

arsenal scored late (90+8) in the injury time, liverpool equalized later (90+12) in the injury time, and both were penalties

Sohel
April 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'm still not over losing Torres. Kuyt and Carragher are still *ankers of the highest order in my book. That being said, Barcelona-Liverpool-Mohamedan forever!

al-Sagar
April 23, 2011, 11:08 AM
liverpool 5-0 birmingham ...........

maxi rodriguez with 3

al-Sagar
July 4, 2011, 10:47 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_07_05/content_zoom/2011_07_05_23_7_b.jpg

al-Sagar
August 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
EPL 2011kicks off today

liverpool plays sunderland at anfield

new signings Downing, Adam, henderson and Enrique will make starts. carrol and suarez stats upfront

al-Sagar
August 13, 2011, 09:14 AM
1-0

Luis Suarez

this is also the first goal of the season

al-Sagar
August 13, 2011, 11:03 AM
final score

1-1 .... disappointing start to the new look team ..... long way to go

Equinox
August 14, 2011, 03:58 PM
Disappointing start for Liverpool at home. Enrique, Adam and Suarez looked good. Henderson showed glimpses of his talent. But I still think Liverpool overpaid for him. Enrique has been a fine purchase at £6m. He is among the Top 3 left-backs in the league for me along with Evra and Cole. Hope to see L'pool break into the Top 4 this season.

ahnaf
August 14, 2011, 05:03 PM
Liverpool's champions league dream totally depended on Suarez performance.. Surarez really an excellent player...Carroll is just overrated...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al-Sagar
August 20, 2011, 04:32 AM
today liverpool visit arsenal at the emirates ......

crucial game

al-Sagar
August 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
2-0 with minutes to go.

after a aaron ramsey Own goal, now suarez score the 2nd

victory at emirates/highbury since 2000

al-Sagar
August 20, 2011, 08:43 AM
liverpool 2-0 arsenal full time .....

al-Sagar
August 27, 2011, 11:05 AM
Liverpool vs Bolton ..... coming up in 25 mins

al-Sagar
August 27, 2011, 11:47 AM
henderson scores .....

1-0

al-Sagar
August 27, 2011, 04:33 PM
3-1 final score

henderson, adam and skrtel the scorers

bangla-red
August 28, 2011, 05:46 AM
Once again we proved that we play a lot better without Carroll.

al-Sagar
September 10, 2011, 05:49 AM
todays game ....

Stoke vs liverpool

Severus
September 10, 2011, 01:11 PM
Liverpool = Ashraful

al-Sagar
October 1, 2011, 06:24 AM
everton vs liverpool starts in 20 mins

al-Sagar
October 1, 2011, 07:29 AM