PDA

View Full Version : Sack of Terry Duffin and opportunity to exploit

kalpurush
July 28, 2006, 01:10 PM
The selectors of Zimbabwe have sacked their captain Terry Duffin and appointed Prosper Utseya as new captain. And it happened one day before the ODI series starts against Bangladesh! I think this is an opportunity to exploit the situation and win the series with complete whitewash. Zimbabwe players certainly would be confused and demoralized as it happen suddenly, and it would take some time for the new captain to organize his team. Psychology does plays a vital role in current cricket and every other country takes the advantage of it, therefore, I believe we should take the advantage as well, shouldn't we?

sadi
July 28, 2006, 01:13 PM
First of all, I think it was open secret since all these time, we knew Utseya will be the skipper eventhough Duffin got fired only yesterday. Second of all, we should be good enough to whitewash them no matter what. It will be a good series though.

TheWatcher
July 28, 2006, 01:25 PM
With the returns of Matsikenyeri and Masakadza, Duffin probably won't find a regular place in the ODI team anymore. As Sadi said, it was just a matter of time that he got fired.

Utseya is one of the most senior members in the team, he should know his team well by now. He seemed have done a decent job as a captain in four warm up matches in SA.

billah
July 28, 2006, 06:26 PM
Utseya is temporary cap. Terence, by the way, will be playing in the team. ci is sensationalizing a piece of information that has been common knowledge; part of the english propaganda campaign against Zimbabwe. The english do not like losing their stolen property....

Duck
July 28, 2006, 11:21 PM
....alegation against our much "revered" selectors about their involvement as the middleman.......balances the situation.......although it is out of the cricket ground.....

Dhakablues
July 28, 2006, 11:29 PM
I would rather have the whole team,, than a weaken Zim team. If we can beat Srilanka, Australia, India,,, etc. why do we need one less of a zimbabwen to win the series? I dont think Bangladesh lacks the fire power to down ZImbabwe.. Even the host nation knows that very well. This is not your 1996, its 2006.

Andy-Flower
July 29, 2006, 01:16 AM
Duffin wasnt sacked like cricinfo reported..it was agreed that captains would be rotated on a series by series bases even before the appointment of Duffin...BD wont be playing a weakened side cuz i think its the best that we can come up with..

this is the team playing today

Rinke
vusi
chibhabha
taylor
chigumbura
masakadza
matsikenyeri
utseya
mpariwa
rainsford
mahwire/higgins depending on the wkt today