PDA

View Full Version : good batting performance by bd

BangladeshFan
July 29, 2006, 07:22 AM
after putting up 246/7, i think it was a good batting performance.

there are several things though that i think need to be addresses. first , why is JO there? 8 off 16 balls against a powder puff attack is hardly acceptable. i dont think his failure can be compared to aftab, we all know what aftab can do. bd must change their strategy to score maximum when the fielding restriction is on specially with a bowling attack of zim, their strength is in the middle over spinners. maybe open with NIqbal or even rafiq. if they really are determined to play JO, play him at number 7. SL dropped mahanama at number 7 in 96 WC and it worked well for them.

sadi
July 29, 2006, 08:35 AM
lol... did you just compare JO with mahanama?

Mr-Cricket
July 29, 2006, 08:37 AM
lol you couldn't wait until after the game to post this thread? :)

Sovik
July 29, 2006, 08:38 AM
so i see. he is just better than hoggard. i might have said gelispie but since he has a double ton he is slightly above JO

BangladeshFan
July 29, 2006, 09:19 AM
lol... did you just compare JO with mahanama?

i am not comparing him to mahanama but from bangladeshi team point of view, he is very much like mahanama. he is limited in strokes, but can be useful when the team faces a batting disaster. in 1996, ranatunga used mahanama as no.7 because he wanted to use 1st 15 overs well, but incase of batting disaster he could come and provide little solidity. Kaif was no. 7 for india as well in 2003 WC.

against zim, i think bd should try to use the restricted overs as much as possible. so either drop JO or demote to no.7

Fazal
July 29, 2006, 10:20 AM
after putting up 246/7, i think it was a good batting performance.

:lol: Great performance indeed. They should all deserve Ghoo in dinner as a reward. What a score to be proud of. Pran ta amar Gorbe ... Fuley utche..

Spitfire_x86
July 29, 2006, 10:36 AM
If Monty Panesar spends as much time as Javed in nets for batting, then he will bat a lot better than him.

Ishtylish cricketer
July 29, 2006, 10:39 AM
:lol: Great performance indeed. They should all deserve Ghoo in dinner as a reward. What a score to be proud of. Pran ta amar Gorbe ... Fuley utche..

Haha. However Middle order played well. I thought S. Nafees was a bit too defensive in his approach from the stats: i didn't see the match so I don't know whether or not the bowling was extra ordinary but his strike was low against a team we should kill. We should have score close to 300 against Zimbawae.

Fazal
July 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
I thought S. Nafees was a bit too defensive in his approach from the stats: i didn't see the match so I don't know whether or not the bowling was extra ordinary but his strike was low against a team we should kill. We should have score close to 300 against Zimbawae.

Exactly !

In ODI, when a player is set, he should not only hold his wicket in the middle over, but should take risk-free 1s, 2s, and some 4s to maintain the RR. For already set player, only holding the wicket and not concentrating on scoring a healthy run rate is a looser mentality, It will give you a hounarable-loss kind of score from 180 to 250 not a winning imposing score of 280+. Looks like what Nafees did is he held is, he held his wicket (which was good), but wasted so many dot balls and then tried to be over axgressive (to compensate) tried to score six. A six and 11 dot balls is less than 7one and 5 dot balls.

Trust me we will never score 300, unless we change our attitute in the middle overs.