PDA

View Full Version : Team for the 2nd ODI

Rubu
July 29, 2006, 02:02 PM
I know 'ghiluless' selectors will probably play the same team, but here is the team that supposed to play the 2nd ODI. the 15 member team selection has issues, this is the best team possible from the 15.

<ol>
<li> Rajin Saleh
<li> Shahriar Nafis
<li> Aftab Ahmed
<li> Md Ashraful
<li> Habibul Bashar
<li> Forhad Reza/Mushfiqur Rahim
<li> Khaled Masud
<li> Mohammad Rafique
<li> Mashrafee Mortaza
<li> Shahadat Hossain
<li> Syed Rassel
</ol>

akabir77
July 29, 2006, 03:06 PM
i don't agree with this team u have to play at least on spinner. u never know wether they will chg the pitch into a spinning favor one or not. beside rafiq hard hitting is needed anyway
and I think captain should come in at 4 and razin is ok in golla's place. even if golla made some runs i would have dropped him just becuse of the dropped catch.....

Hatebreed
July 29, 2006, 03:53 PM
I'm frustrated by the team selection and the selector have to get their act together if we are to win the next matches. I don't know if a 2nd spinner is necessary after what happened in the 1st ODI, I'll just place my bets on our two new all-rounders.

Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafis
Habibul Bashar
Md Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Saqibul Hasan
Shahadat Hossain

BD_Ashraful
July 29, 2006, 05:10 PM
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafis
Habibul Bashar
Md Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Cant belive, we were 5/131 and they came back and got 8/248 with 5 balls to go. Its weak. I think Rafique 39 and Nafess 78 were the best performs in the batting department. Mashrafe 10-1-41-4 was good but should have bowled better at the death

TheWatcher
July 29, 2006, 06:17 PM
I agree with what you guys said up there except that I am not sure if Farhad Reza's medium pace will make any difference here. I will rather have Sakib who was the most successful one day bowler during the A-team tour. He is my pick also because of the fact that Zimbabweans were clearly having trouble with left-right batting combination. So my team is-

SN
Rajin
Bashar
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Rasel

sabbir ahmad
July 29, 2006, 11:09 PM
SN
Jo
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Sakib
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Rasel

shaoun
July 30, 2006, 12:11 AM
i think the team should be like this

shariar nafees
rajin saleh
aftab ahmed
ashraful
bashar
alok kapali
khaled mashud
rafique
masrafee
syed rassel
shahadat

i dont think we should have any of the new guys playing in this match. because this is a must win match for bangladesh. we dont want to be down 2-0 like we were last year. i think this is a good team, we should play 3 fast bowlers. kapali and aftab could both bowl 10 overs combined. rajin, ashraful can bowl few overs too if needed. i think this is a balaced team and we shouldnt have any of the new guys yet for this match.

PoorFan
July 30, 2006, 12:22 AM
Rajin Saleh/Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafis
Habibul Bashar
Md Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hassan
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat HossainWe need to win, no matter what. No excuse of batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy will be accepted.

Just win the damn game!

mac
July 30, 2006, 12:41 AM
1) S Nafees
2) Rajin
3) Aftab
4) Ashraful
5) Bashar
6) Saqib
7) Masud
8) Raffique
9) Mashrafe
10) Sahadat
11) Rassel.

thebest
July 30, 2006, 01:12 AM
I know 'ghiluless' selectors will probably play the same team, but here is the team that supposed to play the 2nd ODI. the 15 member team selection has issues, this is the best team possible from the 15.

Rajin Saleh

Shahriar Nafis

Aftab Ahmed

Md Ashraful

Habibul Bashar

Forhad Reza/Mushfiqur Rahim

Khaled Masud

Mohammad Rafique

Mashrafee Mortaza

Shahadat Hossain

Syed Rassel

I agree with your comments on selector. I would go with this team except no6. I want Sakib. Also want HB to be more proactive. I still fail to understand why he persist with Kapali after his figure 3-0-23-0 and why he did not bring Aftab when he saw spin is not working.

Duck
July 30, 2006, 02:03 AM
In the last match, our 5th bowlers (Aftab/Alok/Ashraful) bowled 9.1 overs at 7.55 average and conceded 68 runs without a wicket!! This says all about what we should do for the next match. Besides, both the pacers gave 4 or less than 4 runs per over taking 7 wickets between them. And only one wicket taken by the rest of the 5 bowlers! :( We need Rassell. And offcourse a big tank of inspiration to get the upper hand.

rafiq
July 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
given the zim spinners couldn't get much done in the 2nd ODI either (Utseya was more or less economical, but as a group they went wicketless), BD selectors decision to not take Rassel for Razzak is looking a little more dumb. let's hope for the best, 238 is going to be real hard to defend unless there are significant early wickets and no long partnerships allowed!

oracle
July 30, 2006, 06:58 AM
Must give some credit to Zimbos for fielding a more adventurous side. Can,t say that for BD.