PDA

View Full Version : BD govt has baned the sports channels

mac
July 30, 2006, 02:20 AM
BD govt has baned most of the foreign pay channels including espn, starsports, tensports. So, all the cricket lovers of BD can't watch anymore international matches. Don't think Btv will telecast them. :mad:

Rabz
July 30, 2006, 02:29 AM
only God knows what goes inside the thick head of our politicians...
they would let Zee cinema, sony max and all those [] indian channels and wont allow sports channel and star movies and axn...

man.. if i was in bd now.. u bet id hv felt like killing some one..
lucky im here.. and i cant watch the game anyway..

Spitfire_x86
July 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
Read detailed news here
http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=1&Date=2006-07-30&filename=30h6

akabir77
July 30, 2006, 11:30 AM
well it says all pay channel not only sports...

Abd
July 30, 2006, 11:37 AM
Read detailed news here
http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtm...&filename=30h6

Hi, for some reason, I could not read prothom alo. Can someone help please?

akabir77
July 30, 2006, 12:08 PM
I think this temp for election.. but they shouldn't have doen this....

Spitfire_x86
July 30, 2006, 12:45 PM
Hi, for some reason, I could not read prothom alo. Can someone help please?
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/07/30/d6073001085.htm

HereWeGo
July 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
My summer vacation in Dhaka now seems a little dull. U guys have no idea how dreadful it sometimes feel having to watch the game in BTV( actually not having to watch). Just goes on to show the corruption thats gripping every minstry in Bangladesh that u can name. I guess our information minster is going through a money crisis and needs some bribe. some of u wrote that zee Tv seems to be on air, well i guess that is becuz his wife is a little upset about the whole thing.

On a more serious note, the inclusion of Satellite channels have helped in producing lot of younger talents by making them interested in the game. If the decision persists than we might be loosing a lot more talented players in long term.

Ubiquitous
July 30, 2006, 02:27 PM
Its probably so people MUST watch BTV now for the games, getting it some much needed money from ads :P Wow, it feels like we're back in the stone age, having to deal with BTV again after so many years... But seriously, they could really have chosen a better time than this.

Ahmed_B
July 30, 2006, 03:08 PM
And not to mention the 'extrememly vital gram-banglar unnoyon songbad' suddenly starting at the time of high anxiety period of the game... !! BTV really tests the nervs of the viewers... ppl with weak heart might face health risk when BTV starts their nonsense news bulletins in important times of the match!

Albanycrew
July 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
I agree. Honestly who starts half an hour long news in the middle of a thrilling live broadcast except BTV. Good thing we won today. Beside that every thing regarding this series stinks. As much as I am mad at Benup, I would rather have them broadcasting the next few matches live than giving us a refund. Lets pray they figure out something by next match.

baisab
July 30, 2006, 06:28 PM
it seems that the government wants a slice of the cheese, and they anounce it in the most annoying manner, hopefully things get to back to normal within weeks, if not you might have to wait until the elections in january and hope that Awami League win (im not political, im for anything thats good for the game) so they can sort the mess BNP leave behind. Honestly if i ever met these polititians their head would meet the sweet end of my bat at a high velocity, good thing im not in BD

SMHasan
July 30, 2006, 06:30 PM
Whatever happens those channels will be back in near future. But I believe that our government contains a bunch of idiots and corrupted people. They are old, thieves. kill them all.

Albanycrew
July 30, 2006, 06:44 PM
I stopped caring about our political situation. Both BNP and league (and most parties) are corrupted ...power monger scums. If they really loved Bangladesh they wouldnt carry out hortal every other day. We lose millions of taka everytime that happens. Whoever is in power condemns the hortals....and the same bunch resorts to hortal and strikes when they are not in power....bunch of hypocrite. None of them even has the guts to ban student politics..but they are banning sports channel. I understand the students played a big part in the freedom fight....my father fought in that war as a college student...but enough is enough. It's a emotional subject....but for the greater good and for future generation we need to get rid of student politics ...get rid of chatro dol ...chatro league and others involving students. Let them study in peace for god sake...so they can become skilled workforce in future. But no one has the guts to do it.....cause all major parties are corrupted and they love using the students as their weapons. sry about this out of topic rambling...but banning sports channel is just absurd. I think they have much more serious things they need to take care of.

salu
July 31, 2006, 01:43 AM
BD govt wanting to force the people to see their "BAKTRITA" instead of international games.Result is more young people will go into the POLITICS and their GONO JAMYAET.What a shame.Crime will increase.BTV will only telecast pakis cricket game.Even in ODI and test cricket match of bangaldesh they will force to see their BTV songbad and songsod in the middle of the game...even yesterday.

WHAT A SHAME..FORCE PEOIPLE TO GO INTO THE CRIME..BAKTRITA IS A DRAMA..ALL DAMN LIER

mac
July 31, 2006, 03:23 AM
Good news, amra ekhono channel gulo dekhtesi. jodi sokol khetrei corruption thake tahole cable operator ra keno bad jabe. borogcho ata jonosomorthito corruption. so keep broadcasting those channels.:up:

Biplob
July 31, 2006, 06:07 AM
Hi Mac ... from which area are you watching this channels ? I can't..... this is so boring...how could they baned sports channels !!!!!!!! :(

Baundule
July 31, 2006, 06:15 AM
It will help the monopoly channel business of Falu and the others.

Baundule
July 31, 2006, 06:16 AM
They are old, thieves. kill them all.

100% agree.

mac
July 31, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Mac ... from which area are you watching this channels ? I can't..... this is so boring...how could they baned sports channels !!!!!!!! :(
from banasree. don't worry. within some days every cable operator will start telecast them.:)

Sovik
July 31, 2006, 11:07 AM
it means no more international cricket for bd people

sadi
July 31, 2006, 11:08 AM
bangladesh without sports channels would be half fun for me... let me knwo when they bring those channel back...

SMHasan
July 31, 2006, 12:56 PM
from banasree. don't worry. within some days every cable operator will start telecast them.:)

I am sure everything will be alright very soon.