PDA

View Full Version : Changes for 3rd ODI

truetruetiger
July 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
i dont think many changes need to be made whatsoever, just get GOLLA out please. whats your team for 3rd ODI? mine is:
Saqibal hasan/Rajin
S.nafees
aftab
ash
bashar
reza
rafique
pilot
masri
razzaq
rajib

sadi
July 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
Rajin (Golla must go)
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab
Ash (last chance in this tour, do or sit)
Habibul Bashar
Forhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Rafique
Razzak (bowled well enough to stay)
Mashrafee
Shahadat

Rubu
July 30, 2006, 07:20 PM
I guess one change I want for sure is JO replaced by rajin. Then if the pitch seems pacer friendly rassel instead of rajjak. no more change from 2nd odi is needed.

HawkEye000
July 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
I think Farhad batting at 6 makes our batting really vulnerable. He batted at number 7 or 8 for the A team. Though Razzaq did reasonably well in the 2nd ODI but I would be tempted to replace him by Saqibul to strengthen our batting. Also Saqib is as good a bowler as Razzaq if not better (he returned with better bowling figures than Razzaq in each of the list A matches against Zimb A in the recently concluded series). Javed getting replaced by Rajin should be the other obvious change.

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Saqibul
6. Ashraful
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

SMHasan
July 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
I think Farhad batting at 6 makes our batting really vulnerable. He batted at number 7 or 8 for the A team. Though Razzaq did reasonably well in the 2nd ODI but I would be tempted to replace him by Saqibul to strengthen our batting. Also Saqib is as good a bowler as Razzaq if not better (he returned with better bowling figures than Razzaq in each of the list A matches against Zimb A in the recently concluded series). Javed getting replaced by Rajin should be the other obvious change. And Ashraful should swap batting position with Bashar.

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Saqibul
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

When a batsman doesn't get runs then he should try to go up the order not down in the order! Another thing is we should give our best batsman more time to stay in the crease to play a big knock so he should go up in the order. May be as a opener.

HawkEye000
July 30, 2006, 07:59 PM
When a batsman doesn't get runs then he should try to go up the order not down in the order! Another thing is we should give our best batsman more time to stay in the crease to play a big knock so he should go up in the order. May be as a opener.

I would really want Ash to open too but I dont think our selectors would make him open.

But he is not a suitable player for number 4 cause he is not the type of player who has the ability to rotate strike in the middle overs. Infact he either defends or goes for all out attack. So he should either open where he can go for his shots or he can come at number 6 where he also has the freedom to go for his shots in the slog overs.

Fazal
July 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Saqibul
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

I like your team beacuse I am also waiting to see what Saqib can do. Even though I am not a fan of a Razzaq, after his last performance, I will really feel bad about his exclusion. Based on scorecard, looks like he did a very good job; most likely top 5 contributer in that game. I always hate when selector drops a young player only after his excellent contribution, instead of some old under achiving player. This really send a very bad message. I want to see Saqib, but not replacing Razzaq in 3rd ODI.

sadi
July 30, 2006, 08:23 PM
yeah i think ash will make a good number 6 who can throw his bat around.... he doesn't have the right mind to build an innings that is required by a number 4 batsman.... playing sakib also make sense

SS
July 30, 2006, 09:53 PM
I don't know what to say cuz whoever plays we will do the same. May be the toss will be very important. If Golla goes, Rajin comes he might make little difference. Our main problem is our superstar when he comes he leaves faster than that.

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 12:02 AM
Jato doos, nanda ghus!:rolleyes:

bapzmania
July 31, 2006, 12:24 AM
I want Mushfiq in place of javed Omar cause Rajin er SR onek slow or give Ashraful a chance to open the innings if he gets out. Then it's all over for him. I'm telling about Mushfiq cause his batting technique is good and the temperament is also better this selectors experiment lots of time when it comes to openers they try kapali,rana,bashar why not Mushfiq give him a chance..

HereWeGo
July 31, 2006, 01:59 AM
My this post will cause an outrage i presume. I am not a JO fan myself but i still want him instead of Rajin; this is because after a long time JO actually looks like that he wants to take the attack to the opposition. even on the 2nd ODI against Australia he looked good while he was at the crease. I wud give him one more chance.
I havent seen sakib playin but i wud still try giving him a chance in place of Ashraful. And finally the main cause for outrage. I do want to replace pilot with mushfiq for ODI. Neone who watched the last game wud have seen his inability to rotate the strike. Just the fact that the rest of the batters played badly don nesessarily mean that he played really well. he is just not good enough to hit big shots when the team requires. he hit two fours and the first one was courtesy of an edge. When u see zimbabwe team placing three fielders inside the circle on the off side in the final over of the match with pilot batting says a lot about his limits( he still cant loft the ball over the top of the in field). I wud definately try musfique in ODI's and pilot in test matches. all the teams in the world now opt for a better batsmen in one dayers, y shud we be any different.

PoorFan
July 31, 2006, 02:32 AM
I guess one change I want for sure is JO replaced by rajin. Then if the pitch seems pacer friendly rassel instead of rajjak. no more change from 2nd odi is needed.
<!--StartFragment -->I almost agree with you but Razzak, the pitch may becoming more spin friendly, so Razzak should stay. If that is the case ( pitch is spin friendly ) then we may consider Sakib also, because of his batting ability. But than again we must have to concentrate on series win, rather than experiment on new combination. In that sense I will be happy with only one change ( Rajin in JO out ).

Lets hope Ash come back in form in next game ( I doubt though ).

Tokyobreeze
July 31, 2006, 03:34 AM
JO is not really loved by the most of the folks and I think there is a definite reason for that...Once upon a time we badly needed an anchor to stay in the crease while the wickets keep falling from the other end.Now we have Nafess who can go with that role, but of course with better shots and judgements.I think we badly need to fix up the opening pair of Nafess before the world cup and it is the best time to do so.For me, Rajin is a better choice.He has got the technique.As ash is not changing his style of getting himself out without any help from the bowlers, I think he should be delayed to later order.May be 6/7 can be a good place.Farhad can be brought after Bashar and I personally think if we include Sakib, our shakey top order (at least until now in this series), can have some more support from the lower order.Though I agree that putting Razzaque in the side-bench even after his excellent performance will not be a very encouraging thing.But, after all at the end of the day we wanna win the series, and that's what is most important.

mac
July 31, 2006, 03:37 AM
JO must go for a long sleep.

Dhakablues
July 31, 2006, 03:42 AM
So we just keep on changing whenever a player under performs for 1-2 matches. Didnt this lead us to 35+ test caps already and shake the confidence of a young player who doesnt perform against the hype we create about him? I would think that this has lead to discarding Talha, Tapash, Fahim, Jamal, Mridul, Rana etc. If we are to ask consisency in our players than we need to be consistent too,, give our players the chances they deserve. I am not a fan of Javed Omar and have advocated that Zimbabwe is his lucky ground but what did Rajin do this time to be excluded? What is exactly wrong with Rana? Just because we want to see Saqib ( Whom I am think is the MOST talented future star for Bangladesh BTW) doesnt mean you drop Raj. Just because Mashud held the crease to add runs slowly onboard means you bring Rahim to replace him. Let's act like a mature cricket nation,,, and not just toss in changes just because....

Rabz
July 31, 2006, 03:46 AM
my eleven would hv bn:

Nafees
Ash ( i would try him in the open as well)
Bashar ( he really needs to bat at no.3)
Aftab
Rajin ( golla should make room for him)
Farhad
Sakib ( is he an allrounder as well? then replace razzak)
Pilot
Rafiq
Mashree
Shahadat

ZunIAD
July 31, 2006, 03:48 AM
Hello there people i have just joined banglacricket. I have being attending this site for the past 2 years god knows why i never joined till now. Anyways about the team selection i would like Abdur to be replaced by Saqibul. This will not only strenghten our batting but will create a left and right combination in the crease making life more difficult for zimbo bowlers. Also to notify that Hare pitch is more accustomed to pace condition and if Bangladesh bowls first having 4 pacers will give us more advantage due to the moisture in the air, which is always the case early morning. Razzak can get away if they are chasing the runs, conditions will be better for spin but i dont think we will always will setting the target. About Javed Omar he looks out of sorts and at the moment Rajin is a far better choice for selectors. Not only he is technically better but he is in form and is alot more consistent among the bangladesh batsman. If Ashraful flops perhaps we can have Javed 1st or 2nd drop. Playing the old ball is much easier.

Tokyobreeze
July 31, 2006, 03:53 AM
Many talks have already been done regarding JO...Still I think, dropping Rajin and bringing JO was not a good decision..We should rectify that, Rajin has much cricket left inside than JO...Replacing Razzaque is just a thought(he is doing good job out there, but many might think of the prospect of having a spinning all-rounder like Saqib for the future), replacing JO is an essential thing.Of course, many people might contradict..That's the way I feel.

Omio
July 31, 2006, 04:04 AM
Rajin shud get chance,,,

Rabz
July 31, 2006, 04:10 AM
Zunaid, welcome aboard mate...
enjoy ur stay

fwullah
July 31, 2006, 05:36 AM
Replacing Javed with Mushfique may not be a sound idea since I don't think Mushfique is a stroke-maker like Aftab or Ashraful.

rafiq
July 31, 2006, 06:12 AM
experiments with mushfiq and sakib could happen in games 4 or 5 after (hopefully) we take a lead in game 3. pilot could be rested for the last game to give mushfiq a go. mashrafee could be rested for the last game as well given his injury issues and team management's desire to take it easy on him. that way rassel gets a game. ashraful will just need to keep playing to work out his kinks. As for JO, I think Rajin could come in but maybe not until the end of the series? We will go to the World Cup with more than 2 openers, and right now JO is still in the plans.. So there may be no changes in the 3rd ODI unless they want to try Saquib or Rassel for Razzak.

Hatebreed
July 31, 2006, 07:09 AM
1. Rajin
2. S Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Farhad
7. Mashud
8. Rafique
9. Saqib/Rasel
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

My team is pretty similar to some people already suggested. I also want Saqib in the team to replace Razzak even though Razzak's performance was satisfactory. I just don't think slow bowling is effective enough to demolish the Zimbabweans. It's pretty obvious they struggle against Shahadat, as did we against their pacers. Shahadat's length and away swingers troubled them so it's the time we attack with our full strength. If Saqib is not ready then Rasel is the obvious choice. If Shahadat and Rasel can hook up and they'll do a lot of 'damage' together.. no pun intended.

akabir77
July 31, 2006, 08:18 AM
just one change no more experiment (Rajin in Golla out). the spinner can be tested out when we r 3-1 (in the 5th game)

sadi
July 31, 2006, 08:32 AM
I love Sakib but Razzak deserves to stay for now. Who will open for us in the world cup? Javed or Rajin? If the answer is Rajin, why isn't he playing? He needs to play more... if the answer is Javed, well good luck

AsifTheManRahman
July 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard Zuniad. Nice first-post there. I agree completely with the Sakib part, except that I want Rajjak to stay. He has done good enough in the last two games to deserve a place in the third odi, imo. not only was he tidy in his bowling but he also chipped in with quick, valuable runs later in the order; and we all know he is capable of hitting big in the dying moments of the inning.

i want sakib to come in place of ashraful. the latter should sit out for the next two games at least, and only come back if we win the series by the end of the 4th match. i believe sakib deserves a place more than ashraful in the team at the moment because he will be more productive with the bat, and has bowled well in the A-team tour.

another change that i would like to see is rajin in place of JO. we've seen what the former is capable of against kenya, and the zimbo bowling is not overwhelmingly better. i say the selectors should give the guy some chances to cement his place in the side as a regular opener ahead of the world cup.

akabir77
July 31, 2006, 09:53 AM
This will be the 3rd WC that golla is going to miss. And this time if he misses that its justifiable... I feel sorry for him cause last time he should have been in the WC

AsifTheManRahman
July 31, 2006, 10:30 AM
after hearing that bashar has been ruled out for the rest of the african tour, i was inclined to say that we should bring sakib in his place, and still replace JO with rajin. however, now that i come to think of it, that may not be a good idea since we run the risk of exposing an inexperienced line-up to unnecessary pressure. i think we should stick with JO for the next couple of matches. it will mean that rajin will have to play two consecutive matches as opener and number five, but i guess one has to be capable of responding to real-time requirements in order to be a good team-man.

PoorFan
July 31, 2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah, no need to replace Javed ( after hearing Bashar out ), bring simply Rajin in and stay calm. We already have one new ( Reza ) in the team, no need more ( Sakib & Mushi ) at this crucial moment. No question of Ash exit too.

Sovik
July 31, 2006, 10:58 AM
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Hasan
Alok Kapali
Forhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Mashrafee Mortoza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

sadi
July 31, 2006, 11:07 AM
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Hasan
Alok Kapali
Forhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Mashrafee Mortoza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

aftab, sakib, alok and forhad... what a dependable and experienced lineup!!! ;)

Sovik
July 31, 2006, 11:13 AM
aftab, sakib, alok and forhad... what a dependable and experienced lineup!!! ;)

i don't think they will score less than ash or be as miserable as javed.

sadi
July 31, 2006, 11:42 AM
i don't think they will score less than ash or be as miserable as javed.

Are you planning to replace these two with four?? lol just kidding... its not about who scored what but the team combination... its really inexperienced...

Tigers_eye
July 31, 2006, 11:47 AM
Rajin 20
SN 35
Aftab 12
Ash 25
Sakib 23
Forhad 10
Mashud 50
Rafiq 12
Mash 25
Shahadat 4
Rasel Did not bat
Extra 19
Total 235/8 in 50 overs (if batting first)
Bowling

Rasel 42/2
Shahadat 41/2 9 overs.
Mash 29/1 8 overs.
rafiq 45/1
Reza 21/0 5 overs
sakib 15/2 4 overs
Extra 10
Zim Total 203 all out with 2 runouts. 46 overs.

If Bd bats second we win by 3 wickets.

Fazal
July 31, 2006, 11:49 AM
I think Forhad Reza in just one innings scored more than Ash and Gull combined in four innings! And Sakib is suppoded to be much better batsman.

What consisnency? Its a new word for most of the older BD players anyway

Who needs experience if it does't translate into runs?

Plus sometimes the type of experience that BD players are gaining with constant beating from opponent, may work in a negative way any way.

thasan
July 31, 2006, 12:01 PM
do u guys know bash is out for 4 - 6 weeks ?? :(
u need to make ur new team...so sad that he fractured one of the bones (metacarpal..or ssth) of his wrist

source: tigetcricket

Spitfire_x86
July 31, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, no need to replace Javed ( after hearing Bashar out ), bring simply Rajin in and stay calm.
That's what the selectors will do, but it doesn't mean it's right/

Tigers_eye
July 31, 2006, 12:41 PM
If I were pilot, I would start lobbying for Rajin instead of JO now. With tushar in we practically have an all hitting no tempartment lineup with JO customary 5/20 runs on the top. So we will be 5 for 75 again on the 3rd ODI.

Spitfire_x86
July 31, 2006, 12:46 PM
I don't think Tushar will play in the 3rd ODI, right after arrival. JO will get at least another chance and Rajin will play in place of Bashar.

SS
July 31, 2006, 01:07 PM
Read in the other thread Tushar is in and might have more chance to play as he is "explosive" batsmen and can score three fours on a row. As he can play any unplayable and makes extraordinary to ordinary ball. Also he can make him very ordinary by an ordinary or extraordinary ball.
Damn, I think I am not sure about the bd batsmen so matha "alau gese"

Shakalaka
July 31, 2006, 01:40 PM
without bashar, out line up is very immatured. JO is experienced but out of form. Nafess can shine in any given day. No gurrantee. Aftab thinks himself of Afridi nowadays and no consistency. ASh is grabage to say the least. just holding a roster spot becos of his celebratiy status. Rafiq is hit and miss batsman. Pilot is good, but pressure of captaincy might creep on him.

I wouls replace JO and ASH with Rajin and Saqib. well, if not saqib with the excuse of inexperience, atleast get Rajin back. HE was only true contributor all series long against Aussies.

shamster
July 31, 2006, 02:32 PM
I would like to see Rajin come in for Javed Omar. Instead of Bashar I would like to see Saqibul Hasan.

So My team would be:

1. Rajin
2. Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Saqibul
6. Forhad
7. Masud
8. Rafique
9. Mortaza
10. Razzaq
11. Shahadat

detroitpagla
July 31, 2006, 04:53 PM
how come no one talks about Syed Rusel? I think he is a good bowler and should deserve a chance to play. so i think this is how the team should be:
Ashraful (last chance or latti marre dhakai)
SN (another 50)
Rajin(can't tell)
Saquib(37 runs)
Forhad(zero run)
Kopali(another lucky game with 21runs)
Masud(not a good captancy)
Chacha(more into bowling)
Mortuza (will take 5wicket)
Syed R(will move/swing his bowls)
Rajib(will get banged)

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 06:23 PM
Yes, Tushar is in for 3rd ODI!

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 06:28 PM
Read in the other thread Tushar is in and might have more chance to play as he is "explosive" batsmen and can score three fours on a row. As he can play any unplayable and makes extraordinary to ordinary ball. Also he can make him very ordinary by an ordinary or extraordinary ball.
Damn, I think I am not sure about the bd batsmen so matha "alau gese"

Bhalo bolechen bhai! Seletors and players...nobody has consistancy.
Amaro matha "alau gese!"

HawkEye000
July 31, 2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, Tushar is in for 3rd ODI!

According to news reports Tushar is not being called up to replace Bashar. So no Tushar in the 3rd or any of the ODIs.
Details on the other thread,
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17019

Hatebreed
July 31, 2006, 08:12 PM
Since Bashar won't play and Tushar's inclusion is doubtful, we can include either Mushfiq or Saqib for Bashar. If Saqib plays then Rajin must replace Javed to compensate our fragile top order.

ZunIAD
July 31, 2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I thought that Sakib was a medium pacer, I remember reading some thread where it was mentioned. It was wrong I guess. If Sakib is an spinner than it better option to have a Razzak since he is a specialist spinner. As for Habibul Bashar I am very shocked about the news of his broken thumb(or a finger i am not sure if its thumb). If he is out then take Rajin Saleh in his position. I dont think Javed Omar is a bad player just out of touch. If Tushar Imran is in the squad have him in Bashar's position and let Rajin open. As far as I know Tushar and Habibul are similar players they are both stroke makers except that Habibul has better shot selection and temparment. This is worrying news guys Bashar was not only a good player he is our captain and most of all boosted the players moral. About Ashraful no need to take him out of the team, he too is a symbol of hope and boost moral for our team. Guys its not always about performance, the bangladeshi players knows what Ashraful is capable of on his day and it sure is comforting to them. Symbols are required in the team. He just needs to play more oversea games like australia, England or even South Africa. This will teach him to be more proffessinal and i think thats where the problem lies. He is not proffessinal

ZunIAD
July 31, 2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I thought that Sakib was a medium pacer, I remember reading some thread where it was mentioned. It was wrong I guess. If Sakib is an spinner than it better option to have a Razzak since he is a specialist spinner. As for Habibul Bashar I am very shocked about the news of his broken thumb(or a finger i am not sure if its thumb). If he is out then take Rajin Saleh in his position. I dont think Javed Omar is a bad player just out of touch. If Tushar Imran is in the squad have him in Bashar's position and let Rajin open. As far as I know Tushar and Habibul are similar players they are both stroke makers except that Habibul has better shot selection and temparment. This is worrying news guys Bashar was not only a good player he is our captain and most of all boosted the players moral. About Ashraful no need to take him out of the team, he too is a symbol of hope and boost moral for our team. Guys its not always about performance, the bangladeshi players knows what Ashraful is capable of on his day and it sure is comforting to them. Symbols are required in the team. He just needs to play more oversea games like australia, England or even South Africa. This will teach him to be more proffessinal and i think thats where the problem lies. He is not proffessinal

ZunIAD
July 31, 2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry for the 2 post guys. I dont know why it didnt show up at first so i did the 2nd time and now i am seeing 2 same post

thebest
July 31, 2006, 09:55 PM
Why we are so worried about experience. Thus retaining JO. I just did a little work on Cricinfo. In the last match we have confidently outscored Zim 516 - 286 ODI. If we left out JO and Rajin came in his place. Sakib took HB's place the equation would be 428-297 still in our favor. The most experience zim player Matsikinayeri would be 4th most experience player. In fact Pilot played more match than half of the zim team combined. Also the average age of the team is lower than Bangladesh. So just keeping JO for experience sake make no ense. But I know our fool selectors would do that. If they want experience I would prefer Atahar than JO. He would do much better in batting than JO even though he might not have match fitness

ASA
August 1, 2006, 12:17 AM
Bashar is gone. We should sit JO and Ash too ... we know how much can JO contribute and Ash is simply out of form and needs to be 'rested'. Moreover, if we don't give others a chance with Zim - then how can they ever gain some experience?

Bring Rajin instead of JO ...

Tushar in place of Bashar ...

Mushi/Saqib in place of Ash.

Rabz
August 1, 2006, 06:36 AM
no matter what u guys say..im sure JO would retain his place.. whether we like it or not. id rather see Sakid playing a part replacing Razzak and Rajin in for Bashar. Rajin is a worker of a ball rather than a dashing hitter, exactly something we need in the middle orders to rotate the strikes.

if we include Sakib, we would have 2 strike pacer, ( Mashree and Shahadat), 1 third pacer (Farhad), 2 spinners (Rafiq and Sakib) plus 2 part time bowlers for 6th place ( Aftab with slow medium and Rajin with spin). thats good enuf 7 bowlers.

with battin, we will hv 5 specialist batsmen ( JO, SN, Aftab,Ash, Rajin), 3 all rounders ( Sakib, Farhad, WK+Capt Pilot shud be an allrounder too as it is considered these days) 2 pinch hitters ( Rafiq and Mashree) and Shahadat..

i think that is a well balanced team.

rudro
August 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
RS
SN
AA (last chance in the series, unless performs)
MA (last chance in the series, unless performs)
MR/SH (Yes, as Bashar's replacement, I would have liked mehrab but he is not with the team)
FR
KM
MR
AR
MM
SH
As per Syed Rasel, he can replace SH in the next game to give him some rest and MM in the 5th if we win the series.

sadi
August 1, 2006, 08:53 AM
Last game for aftab? I thought he scored 40 in the last match and played quite well... :)

Sam
August 1, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yes Sydney, but JO is a complete failure so far.

BangladeshFan
August 1, 2006, 05:46 PM
i will play rajin in place of JO but wont open with him. As Bd should utilise the 1st 10/15 overs with a teethless zim/kenya attack, Rafiq may be a good choice. But if we are looking for a long term solution the best bet is ashraful. He is just the kind of player for these overs and can score of good bowlers as well on his day. Even if he fails, i think the rest of the batting can carry Bd through.My team

Top order:
1.Ashraful(Bd needs quick runs in restricted overs)
2.Nafis
3.Aftab
4.Tushar(Bashar when he is back)

All rounders:
5.Rajin(he is a better middle order bat than opener, also spinner and good fielder)
6.Farhad
7.Rafiq
8.Pilot

Bowlers:
9.mashrafi
10.russel
11.shahadat/Rajjak/Rana

thebest
August 1, 2006, 08:55 PM
The 12 declared and it seems tht Rajin would replace Basher and JO would play. I am completly losing faith with team management. Why JO ? Why? What he have that we the fans could not fathom. Even the JO fans shouting he should be dropped. With Rajin and JO playing, it would put more pressure on SN, Ash and Aftab to score faster. Ultimately may cost them their place in the team. But JO would survive. Rajin and JO playing top 3 during powerplay, even if they survive they would cost us 30-50 runs in 20 overs. Conservatism is good, when you opponent is far stronger than you, not when you are superior or on par. I failed how DW who promoted Jaya, Kalu, Gurusinha, De Silva - the most destructive top 4, become so conservative. May be age is catching him

PoorFan
August 1, 2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry, I just paste the same comment I made in match thread ( 3rd ) ... thought relevant here in this thread too.

------------------------

Don't you think we are making a fuss on Bashar's out ( exit )? BD will not perform extraordinary with or without one of Bashar or Javed or Rajin, UNLESS other top has consistency. Not that we score consistent 250+ in ODI, no matter against who or which combination we play. We hardly ever see any of our top order play a 50 innings, rather 20 in the average. So what's the big deal losing or playing one of them with whatever combination? <!--StartFragment -->when we often see our tail struggling to play through 50 overs?
And finally, we are playing against Zim, and if losing only one player cause us losing rest of the game, then we NEVER EVER are 'favorite' against any team, and we should stop playing ODI.

thebest
August 2, 2006, 12:25 AM
poorfan, I agree with you completly. But I have no faith on the team, team management suggesting. I am more worried about the top 4. Rajin and JO are slow coach, SN is not also an express train. The only two who could take adavatge of power play is Ash and Aftab. And Ash is one of his customary long sleep. So all the pressure on Aftab. I think it might cost him his wicket. You do not expect everyday Farhad, Pilot would rescue. I have serious doubt whether we could post a total beyond 250 and thus comprehensively beat Zimbo. Rajin and JO simple not compatible. I would prefer Rajin over JO, but JO over Rajin is also acceptable (look this is coming from one of most vocal member of anti-javed club) but not both. Give the vacant position to Sakib or Mushi (I would remember his Lords play ). At least they know to use gap and power play which JO does not know and you can not teach an old dog new trick and Rajin know little.

PoorFan
August 2, 2006, 02:01 AM
... Rajin and JO simple not compatible. I would prefer Rajin over JO, but JO over Rajin is also acceptable (look this is coming from one of most vocal member of anti-javed club) but not both. Give the vacant position to Sakib or Mushi (I would remember his Lords play ). At least they know to use gap and power play which JO does not know and you can not teach an old dog new trick and Rajin know little.
thebest, I also agree with you on 'but not both' ( Rajin & Javed ), in that case our 5th and 6th wicket goes to 2 new face ( Reza & one of Sakib or Mushi ) that's also a mini concern. And then again having 2 new faces in the batting lineup ( top, middle or both ) and given that Nafees, Aftab, Ash not having form, may cause a sudden collapse, is also a mini concern. There could be more and more mini concern or even mini positive if we care that deep. If Alok was in form then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place, replacing Javed by Rajin and putting Alok in the middle was enough we needed.

But at the end ... when we look at BD's overall performance till now, all of these concerns or positives seems minor.