PDA

View Full Version : Not Tushar but Rajin replaces Bashar?

Ahmed_B
July 31, 2006, 12:26 PM
Tushar Imran has been included in the team in place of injured Bashar. He captained the BD-A side in recently completed ZIM tour vs. ZIM-A side. His performance in that tour has been considered and acknowledged by including him in the team.

Source: NTV news.

Not a bad move IMO... but Rajin desreves a place too. The next thing needed probably is replacing out-of-form JO with Rajin.

mac
July 31, 2006, 12:32 PM
Tushar Imran has to cick this time. Everyone has started to believe that he is a genuine "A team" player.:up:

SMHasan
July 31, 2006, 12:34 PM
A real test time for Imran, needs to click this time. But who will be the captain?

sadi
July 31, 2006, 12:36 PM
Tushar Imran has to cick this time. Everyone has started to believe that he is a genuine "A team" player.:up:

Good one. I totally forgot about him. I thought he is meant for A team.

Ahmed_B
July 31, 2006, 12:40 PM
But who will be the captain?
Pilot
Link: http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=148

SMHasan
July 31, 2006, 12:41 PM
Pilot

Is it official decision?

Tigers_eye
July 31, 2006, 12:43 PM
“We have received the approval from the BCCB President and it is official now that Mashud would lead the side here and in Kenya,” said team manager Shafiqul Haque Heera. From the link that Ahmed_B bhai gave.

Sorry
July 31, 2006, 12:45 PM
now we can swap him with ash.

SMHasan
July 31, 2006, 12:46 PM
Oh I see.

roi
July 31, 2006, 12:47 PM
Is it official decision?

Yes it is.

<TABLE class=tablestyle id=Table1 style="WIDTH: 482px; HEIGHT: 196px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=482 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bashar out for 4-6 weeks, Mashud to captain Tigers
TigerCricket.com report
31-July-2006</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE id=Table2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normtext vAlign=top><TABLE class=tablestyle id=Table3 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 borderColorDark=#000080 cellPadding=0 width=120 align=right borderColorLight=#006699 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar has been ruled out of the remaining three games of the Bank Alfalah series against Zimbabwe and the three ODIs in Kenya due to a hand injury. Wicket-keeper Khaled Mashud has been appointed skipper by the Bangladesh Cricket Control Board (BCCB) for the rest of the African tour.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
“We have received the approval from the BCCB President and it is official now that Mashud would lead the side here and in Kenya,” said team manager Shafiqul Haque Heera. <o:p></o:p>
Bashar hurt his left hand while trying to take a catch at first slip during the second ODI on Sunday and will be out of action for atleast a month. The Tigers captain had an X-ray done and later consulted Dr. Coric, an Yugoslav orthopedic surgeon in Harare today (Monday) morning.<o:p></o:p>
“He (Bashar) has a small fracture on his left fifth metacarpal and the injury would need four to six weeks to heal,” said team physio Paul Close who also informed that the Bangladesh captain would undergo total wrist immobilization during his recovery period.<o:p></o:p>
Bashar would however stay back in Zimbabwe for the remainder of this very important series to offer moral support to the Tigers. The skipper had to come off the field after suffering the injury on Sunday and Mashud captained the side in his absence.<o:p></o:p>
Bangladesh won the second match by 62-runs to level the series after suffering a shock 2-wicket defeat in the first ODI. The third game will be held on Wednesday. The team had no practice on Monday as they recovered from two back-to-back matches. There was only a light stretching session in their hotel in the morning.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=148</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cricket_dorshok
July 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
Is it official decision?

though this time we do not have officially declared vice-captain, Pilot did lead the team after Bashar's injury. According to tigercricket.com, Shafiqul Haq Hira, team manager confirmed that Pilot is named Captain officially (approved by board president).

Sauron
July 31, 2006, 12:56 PM
Good move to bring Tushar in for Bashar.

When someone performs well with A team, natural move is to bring him in to the national team when opportunity arises.

Wishing Tushar all the best. When I watched him play in England during the Tri-series with Australia, he looked to be a very good batsman, but with short fuse like so manyof our other batsmen.

SS
July 31, 2006, 12:57 PM
Damn why now...Bashar's batting was needed badly. He showed better maturity in last few matches.

Rubu
July 31, 2006, 12:58 PM
I never had faith in his guy. However, since he has been included, i wish him good luck, as the team gonna need that to win the series.

Shakalaka
July 31, 2006, 01:33 PM
Cant do anything with injury. We need bashar, but the hard fact is that he wont be there. Tushar is good pick. Now two more move, replace JO with Rajin and replace Ash with saqib.

We will then have a team with players that have produced recently and in form.

chinaman
July 31, 2006, 01:43 PM
Tushar deserves it. I think if he pays respect to each ball, one at a time, he would do just great.

Shakalaka
July 31, 2006, 01:46 PM
now the series will be much more competative. We have just lost our best batsman!!

HawkEye000
July 31, 2006, 05:13 PM
It doesn't look like Tushar is replacing Bashar. The team mangement does not want any replacement and Bashar is going to remain in Zimbabwe to give the team mental support. Check the following reports.

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=1&Date=2006-08-01&filename=01h8

Even the tigercricket.com report didn't say anything about Tushar coming in place of Bashar.

HawkEye000
July 31, 2006, 05:14 PM
Bangladesh suffered a major blow on Sunday when skipper Habibul Bashar was ruled out of the rest of the Zimbabwe and subsequent Kenya tour due to a thumb injury.
Bashar broke his left thumb during Sunday’s second one-day game while he was trying to take a catch of Zimbabwean opener Vusimuzi Sibanda off the bowling of Mashrafee bin Murtaza.
Though the injury was not initially thought to be very serious, X-rays revealed a fracture in the bruised bone on Monday and he was ruled out of any further cricket for at least four weeks.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board in an emergency meeting last night appointed wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud as acting captain for the rest of the tours, though no replacement was sought by the team management.
The BCB, however, decided to let Bashar remain in Africa to inspire his team-mates, said Mahmudur Rahman, the Board’s chief executive officer.
‘We are not going to send a replacement for him as the team management did not make request. But Bashar will remain with the team to inspire them during the tours,’ he said.
It was the second time the most prolific Bangladesh
batsman suffered a thumb injury as he missed the ICC Champions Trophy in England and a subsequent Test series against New Zealand at home in 2004.
On that occasion the injury was sustained in the right thumb.
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, who are currently locked at 1-1 in the five-match series, will play the third match tomorrow at the Harare Sports Club ground.

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

real123
July 31, 2006, 06:32 PM
Is this official ? Can someone confirm please ? I personally liked this move.

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 06:37 PM
now the series will be much more competative. We have just lost our best batsman!!

We have just lost our best test batsman, not ODI!!:)

HawkEye000
July 31, 2006, 06:39 PM
The official thing is the team manegment never wanted or need a replacement. It would have been really weird if they had wanted a replacement with 3 batsmen (Saqibul,Rajin,Kapali) and Mushfiqur (who could also play as a batsman) not in the playing eleven of the last ODI. Any one of the 4 can replace Bashar.

TheWatcher
July 31, 2006, 09:08 PM
The official thing is the team manegment never wanted or need a replacement. It would have been really weird if they had wanted a replacement with 3 batsmen (Saqibul,Rajin,Kapali) and Mushfiqur (who could also play as a batsman) not in the playing eleven of the last ODI. Any one of the 4 can replace Bashar.
Good catch there HawkEye :up:

Rabz
August 1, 2006, 12:42 AM
Tushar Imran?? why him??
i had already packed my bag, booked a return sydney-harare-sydney flight on qantas, said good bye to my friends, my parents already wished me luck, my female fans r bombarding me with sms ( some even sent vdo msg ), the bcb officials r preparing for a red carpet at harare...

and u telling me now its Tushar??
who should i sue for this terrible heartbreak??

damn..the world is so cold..

Omio
August 1, 2006, 04:54 AM
Tushar is lookin good in practice match but not in real match..

Zaheed Mahmood
August 1, 2006, 05:25 AM
Even though team management doesn't fly Bashar back home, Tushar is indeed his replacement since Bashar in no way can participate in any of the rest of the games left in this tourney. Tushar has been a regular A-team player where he contributed impressive scores at different times, but sadly, he wasn't equally as impressive whenever he was given a chance in the main stream! Hopefully he breaks the jinx this time and returns with outstanding feat. It's about time he did that for BD cricket as well as for himself!!
Zaheed

Ahmed_B
August 1, 2006, 06:40 AM
It doesn't look like Tushar is replacing Bashar. The team mangement does not want any replacement and Bashar is going to remain in Zimbabwe to give the team mental support.
True.. he's staying to support the team. Good move by BCB.
But there's no chance that he can play in any of the coming ODI's. So someone must have to replace Bashar. I have also noticed that none of the newspapers yet mentioned that Tushar will replace him. This declaration of Tushar being inculuded was mentioned in yesterday's NTV news. Lets wait for another day and we all will see who is actually in.

battye
August 1, 2006, 07:37 AM
i had already packed my bag, booked a return sydney-harare-sydney flight on qantas

Really? If so, have a great time :)

Sam
August 1, 2006, 08:42 AM
I am a bit confused. Tigercricket is informing in their website that Rajin is in for Bashar. Even they have given the names for the 3rd ODI as Bangladesh (12): Khaled Mashud (Captain), Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Rajin Saleh, Farhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib.
If BCB official site writes like this, do you think there is any chance for Tushar?
I would like to see Tushar back in the squad.

Ahmed_B
August 1, 2006, 08:51 AM
That just might be right. I was watching the Channel-I news just a while back and they also said Rajin is in for Bashar. And since Tigercricket says the same... it is probably Rajin.

Time to edit the title of this thread. :)

Fazal
August 1, 2006, 09:42 AM
Rajin ar Tushar fan-der sentiment neeye chi-ni mini khela? Ahmed Bhai, apne amaderkey nirash korlen.:D

PoorFan
August 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
I am a bit confused. Tigercricket is informing in their website that Rajin is in for Bashar. Even they have given the names for the 3rd ODI as Bangladesh (12): Khaled Mashud (Captain), Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Rajin Saleh, Farhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib.
If BCB official site writes like this, do you think there is any chance for Tushar?
So it's official now, hope our top order answer well to our expectation ... 'win at any cost'.

Fazal
August 1, 2006, 10:25 AM

Me too ... any one Sakib, Rahim or Alok. Putting Javed and Rajin, the two snails, in the same team at the same time, is just ensuring that we will again score in the range of 200-230 with few wickets at hand. And then hope and pray... our bowlers agains save our a[][]. These selectors are so pathetic... looks like they are scared to death ... making sure we will have a honorable defeat and minimizing the chance of a convincing win.

sadi
August 1, 2006, 10:48 AM
Rajin in number 5? Don't like the move at all... he is good as an opener but really struggles in the middle overs... in his old struggling days I remember he couldn't rotate the strikes the middle overs and put him and the team on pressure... hopefully we won't see that happen again

Fazal
August 1, 2006, 11:02 AM
Looks like ek dhiley dui pahki shikar. Gullus is getting another chance, If he can score 30, he is set for the rest of the tour. By putting rajin at #5,

1) its eliminating a chance of a viable alternative to gullu at the opening slot. There is more chance Rajin would have been done better than gullu in opener slot.

2) By letting him play at #5, there is more chance for Rajin to fail comapred to Rajin opening.

FaridpurChicago
August 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
I'm really disappointed with the team selection. Javed and Rajin together will not let us score anything big. Ash is out of form, we don't have many big hitters who can win the match for us. I understand, since Pilot is captain there will be no chance for his challenger co-pilot Mushfiq; but they should consider Sakib at least.

Beamer
August 1, 2006, 11:06 AM
I very much agree with Sadi. Rajin is not a no.5 batsman in one day cricket. Not that Bashar is an ideal no.5, but, Rajin is not the right replacement if he does indeed play. I, however, prefer him over Golla in the opening slot given thats all we have at the moment. Its not a knock on Rajin the player. He has better temperament than most of his coleagues ( thats why he is so crictical for us in the middle order in tests ) but in the one day game, in order to play at no.5 you just can't afford to have a player who has difficulty rotating strikes. I would rather take a 20 ball 18 than a 50 ball 25 at no.5. Rajin should open and Alok should come in as replacement or Tushar in place of Bashar.

Rubu
August 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
we have the 11, but don't have the lineup yet. I think the lineup should be rajin and shahriar opening and golla coming at number 11.

sadi
August 1, 2006, 11:15 AM
we have the 11, but don't have the lineup yet. I think the lineup should be rajin and shahriar opening and golla coming at number 11.

:up: I wish our team management were that smart

Miraz
August 1, 2006, 11:17 AM
Tigercricket is mentioning the name of Kapali in the 12 man squad and in another squad just mentioning the 11 players omitting Kapali

have a look

Bangladesh (12): Khaled Mashud (Captain), Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Farhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Alok Kapali, Rajin Saleh.

and in another one..

Bangladesh (12): Khaled Mashud (Captain), Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Rajin Saleh, Farhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib.<O:p</O:p

Beamer
August 1, 2006, 11:19 AM
This is what I will play given the situation : I will open with Rajin and Nafees. I will also have Aftab at no.3 ( after all, you must send someone who has the ability to belt quick runs while the restriction is still on..its the only positive move ) and at no.4, I will have Alok/Tushar ( Alok specially can rotate nicely, he gets out when he tries to slog..at no.4 he won't need to slog but carry on the good work started by Aftab, Nafees etc..if things go well ). No.5 is Ash followed by Reza at no.6.

sadi
August 1, 2006, 11:21 AM
This is what I will play given the situation : I will open with Rajin and Nafees. I will also have Aftab at no.3 ( after all, you must send someone who has the ability to belt quick runs while the restriction is still on..its the only positive move ) and at no.4, I will have Alok/Tushar ( Alok specially can rotate nicely, he gets out when he tries to slog..at no.4 he won't need to slog but carry on the good work started by Aftab, Nafees etc..if things go well ). No.5 is Ash followed by Reza at no.6.

Makes sense. There is only one problem. Alok is not playing, Javed is.

Tigers_eye
August 1, 2006, 12:03 PM
Kau ki kono bhabey Bashar'kay ei site'r member banatey paren? Choddo namey holeyo cholbey. The concerns we have, he should know about it. it is certain that either he has no idea where the problems are of this team or he has no say at all to the player selection. All of us can't be that wrong.

Ahmed_B
August 1, 2006, 12:42 PM
Relax guys.

I have a feeling that Javed will not last in this series after tomorrow's game. ODI-3 is probably his last chance and the kind of form he is showing... he has very small chance of going past 20. I assume that Tushar will be back along with Rajin for 4th & 5th ODI after tomorrow's game.

Lets just hope this half-hearted team selection does not cost us the 3rd ODI.

BangladeshFan
August 1, 2006, 12:55 PM
anyone is better than javed omar.

LateCut
August 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsdetails vAlign=top>Source; Daily Star News

Tushar waits in the wings
Sports Reporter

The national selectors have decided about the replacement of injured Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar but will only send him if the team management ask for an additional player.

"We have selected Tushar Imran and told him to get ready but he will only fly if the team management asked for a replacement of Habib (Habibul Bashar)," said chief selector Faruque Ahmed yesterday.

But there is a slim chance for Tushar to join the team in Zimbabwe as he is likely to tour in Kenya where Bangladesh will play three one-day internationals against the ICC associate member.
Bashar has been ruled out of the remaining three games against Zimbabwe and the three ODIs in Kenya due to a hand injury which he received during the second match at the Harare Sports Club ground on Sunday.
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=180> </TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kalpurush
August 1, 2006, 01:30 PM
Relax guys.

I have a feeling that Javed will not last in this series after tomorrow's game. ODI-3 is probably his last chance and the kind of form he is showing... he has very small chance of going past 20. I assume that Tushar will be back along with Rajin for 4th & 5th ODI after tomorrow's game.

Lets just hope this half-hearted team selection does not cost us the 3rd ODI.

I am just praying for that!

shaheen
August 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
my two cents:
Gullo will be out and tushar will open with SN.
SN
Tushar
sakib/Rajin/Alok
Ash
Aftab
Reza
Pilot
rafique
Morteza
shahadot
Razzak

shamster
August 1, 2006, 03:13 PM
Javed and Ashraful have to be on last life ? Rahim and Saqib wait in the wings.

TheWatcher
August 1, 2006, 03:53 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsdetails vAlign=top>But there is a slim chance for Tushar to join the team in Zimbabwe as he is likely to tour in Kenya where Bangladesh will play three one-day internationals against the ICC associate member.
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=180></TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I have a feeling that Mushfiq will be sent home after the Zim series without playing a single match, and Tushar will take his place for the Kenya series (even without Bashar, the squad has 15 players). No one will now dare to drop Pilot even for a single match.

sadi
August 1, 2006, 03:56 PM
I guess it wasnt about dropping Pilot but resting him for a game or two anyways... but now that he has to do the captaincy, we won't have that option anymore... mushfiq can play as a batsman though

TheWatcher
August 1, 2006, 04:03 PM
... mushfiq can play as a batsman though
I highly doubt that will happen. Even in the A-team, he was not treated as a specialist batsman. Considering how (ridiculously) conservative the team selection is at this point, I don't think things are going to change for Mushfiq that much.

Since his words (being the fovourite) backfired on his own face, DW is now more worried abouth saving his own a$$ than grooming new talents.

SMHasan
August 1, 2006, 07:46 PM
:up: I wish our team management were that smart
hehehehe.....
They are over smart my friend.

Omio
August 1, 2006, 08:18 PM
hehehehe.....
They are over smart my friend.

Tara eto smart je tara naki amader piolet er sathe kotha koi na..

Zaheed Mahmood
August 1, 2006, 08:45 PM
With Rajin replacing Bashar but not sure whether playing in Bashar's slot, opening or somewhere else, at least one of Tushar or Saqib should be drafted in to replace either of out-of-form, Ash or Belim! Might as well use a little more of young guns when they are delivering (Ash is young too, but he needs special grooming to deliver some consistency)!!

Dhakablues
August 1, 2006, 11:02 PM
I just dont get this.. you have 3 ODIs in a row, one batsmen short.. why are we waiting for another injury and then Tusher? If he is selected,, just because Bashar doesnt want to leave his hotel room doesnt mean that you take that kind of a risk of procrastination. Which dumbo is the manager this time?