PDA

View Full Version : Bashar's Absense

al Furqaan
July 31, 2006, 05:34 PM
will bashar's absense have any impact on the outcome of the africa series?

i am considering the 8 ODIs against zimbabwe and kenya as one 8 match series that theoretically we could win 8-0, but given that we are on the road and zim have improved, and the fact that shutting someone out completely over 8 games is difficult, i would think we would go 7-1 perhaps 6-2.

of course that was given that we had a full strength side. now minus bashar, what do i think? i still think we should go 7-1 or at worst lose another match and end up 6-2. what say you?

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 05:54 PM
I agree with you very much. I think bashar's absence made our team stronger than before for few reasons:

* We will now have a better ODI player whoever is
* Our players might be more committed and play hard for our captain(Bashar!)
* Pilot is in motion
* Fair team selection for the rest of the ODI's (no more favour for JO!?)

real123
July 31, 2006, 06:09 PM
We should consider bringing in Tushar Imran now.

kalpurush
July 31, 2006, 06:31 PM
We should consider bringing in Tushar Imran now.

He is in for 3rd ODI...

real123
July 31, 2006, 06:34 PM
I just saw another thread on this topic. Amazing, my wishes came true but hope Tushar would prove us his worthness.

Kalupurush, is this official or confirmed ?

Thanks.

Sovik
July 31, 2006, 07:21 PM
it will affect us heavily. cause javed moron could get a chance once again

HawkEye000
July 31, 2006, 07:29 PM
I just saw another thread on this topic. Amazing, my wishes came true but hope Tushar would prove us his worthness.

Kalupurush, is this official or confirmed ?

Thanks.

If news reports are to to believed then Tushar Imran is not being called up to replace Bashar. So no Tushar in the 3rd or any of the ODIs.

Details on the other thread,
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17019

Rabz
August 1, 2006, 12:46 AM
Bashar's absense wud be a mental blow..but we should still win the series from here on.. c'mon we should hv some faith on the rest of the boys

mac
August 1, 2006, 03:47 AM
Well, I think we are still strong enough to beat Zim or Kenya. But what we need is consistancy from our batsmen. But it is definitely asking a lot from Ash, Aftab etc....:flag:

SMHasan
August 1, 2006, 08:04 PM
I didn't take part of this poll cause I think we should win this series dominating completely. Yes I want bd should be more attacking and dominating. Even after loosing bashar we have to make it to 4-1 in favour of us otherwise we should quit playing cricket. This zombies are no good.

Duck
August 1, 2006, 11:42 PM
I didn't take part of this poll cause I think we should win this series dominating completely. Yes I want bd should be more attacking and dominating. Even after loosing bashar we have to make it to 4-1 in favour of us otherwise we should quit playing cricket. This zombies are no good.

from the very beginning of this series BD is going no good either...............it was total wrong to label our team favourite between the two...........OVERconfidence beshi hoie gesey arki........!!