PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance of BCB Officials

SMHasan
August 1, 2006, 08:42 PM
Daily Prothom-Alo reporter Tareque Mahmood wrote a column on today called Zimbabwe'r Dairy and just read what happened there:

Few bcb oficials are now in Zimbabwe with our cricket team and Asaduzzaman and Soylab Hossain are among them. But most unfortunate thing is they didn't know that Habibul is out of Africa tour until that reporter told them the story! when the reporter asked them about Bashar then they replied "tai naki? amra to kichu shunini!" then Asaduzzaman tried to remember when Habibul got inured although he has been struggling to remember. But the most funny thing is another bcb member Shaheen Aftabur Reza was sleeping in the hotel room in that time!
[বাংলা]
মনে হচ্ছে- ঢেকি স্বর্গে গেলেও ধান ভানে আর গাধা বিদেশে গেলেও ঘুমায়!সত্যি বিচিত্র আমাদের দেশের মানুষ![/বাংলা]

Omio
August 1, 2006, 08:48 PM
ghuamy ke bolse, ghumiye ghumiye porer bides sopor nie sopno dekhe,

TheWatcher
August 1, 2006, 08:59 PM
deleted............

akabir77
August 1, 2006, 09:04 PM
Prothom-alo is doing tomuch on every thing. I am not sure what they want but the way they r repoting on pilots stuff as if bcb was doing so ku-chokri against him. where as almost every body in BC welcomed selectors idea of the 2nd keeper so that he is ready when pilot retiers and also put him on his toe(which also shows bcb knows he is better player then his last few performance and they wanted to bring that out in this v imp series).
Just wondering whether prothom-alo wants to create trouble in bd team because of the political stuff....
sorry for the off the topic thing

crickwizard
August 1, 2006, 11:59 PM
I think the issue was Pilot was not handed vice captaincy, so the assumption was he may be on the fence to be dropped. Prothom alo may be twisting a bit but do not think BCD officials are professional and fair. Some of them are as stupid as any other govt organization officials in Bdesh.

sangeet
August 2, 2006, 12:26 AM
There was a time when these sort of stories were very common in our news papers, with any sports related overseas trips. which could be still true, in other sports which we are bound to participate for the sake of keeping international assoc. memberships. But with the achievment of our cricket at the international level, this sort of news is really of no news. We simply need to focus on the game and its continuous progress.

Do we really care, whether an official sleeping in his room or sipping margarita at the hotel bar? We would have cared if, bashar could not go the hospital for check up when needed. To me me that would be a big news.

Also, some journalists really dont know what is off the record. The article sugested as if a casual chat with the officials, reported on the article just to "nastanabud" few guys, who are simply doing their job.

We want constructive reporting on our game and its palyers.

Sangeet!
As sweet as it reads...........................

thasan
August 2, 2006, 01:03 AM
i agree...
prothom alo is reporting a bit differently since the selector related problem started...
to my eyes, they are almost trying to discredit BCB or the players somehow...
its rather strange cause they have supported cricket in a very positive way for a loooong time!

thebest
August 2, 2006, 01:56 AM
I completly agree with A Kabir. Prothom Alo is trying to make news out of nothing. Selectors job is not only prepare for present but also future. Just because Mushi is from Bogura, I think Prothom Alo and all those Awami press is trying make the water muddy. I m not a Pilot fan after his 2003 deed. But I believe Pilot is the automatic choice. What prothom alo reporter is doing might ultimately return good old days of 2003 when grouping regined supreme.
There is 2nd W/K on every tour. Pilot never feel insecure. Why now? Because his performace dropped or because he is not handed V/C? Also is it coincidence that there are news that selectors took bribe after the team has been selected. As Miraz mentioned in other thread Pilot has good connection in press. May be Pilot again wanted to be captain in W/C and using his connection to prepare the ground. Dont forgot a new government would be there in October. Whatever the result of election in 2007, new govt would have time to shake up BCB before W/C. So change might happen during caretaker govt. Prothom Alo with its large popularity in middle class is capable of making it an issue during the time.
The quality of the journalist all of us understood as he even did not know when BCB officials arrive.

PoorFan
August 2, 2006, 02:43 AM
What I fell after reading these kind of article most of the time is 'the guy had to write something and had to made it sure people read the article till end', by using some 'imagination', 'emotion', 'little twist' etc. Better we the readers should be more 'open minded', 'analytical', 'logical', 'critical' etc.

In this case the reporter reported that BCB officials didn't knew Bashars injury until they asked, but they totally failed to ask or report WHY! which is so obvious that none cant just ignore or forget to ask! He was too much of busy writing one side of the coin, ignoring reader main concern or main query WHY, which as a result suggest the article is a biased one.

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hmmm... now some pleople are bringing Awami League, Bogura and Conpiration theory here.... interesting .... very interesting !!!!!

The fact is:

1. Its not unusual for newspapers to dug-into dirt and try provide news out of nothing ( as someone already mensioned), Its nothing new.

2. Its also true (unless Inqilab news is also false) that some of the executives arrive around 26 before Bashar's injury.

3. Its also a fact that we live in 2006 not 1906. Therefore even some of them were on their way, should have enough communication mechanism and time to know whats going on in the team. When they first arrived, they should have been have a breif meeting with either manager or coach as a first thing, so there is no excuse not knowing whats going on in the team. Afterall officially its still a official tour for them not a pleasure trip. In my recent official trip to Morocco, after close-to 18 hours of flights, the first thing we did ( even before checking in hotel) is meet with the country director of the local office , understand their current situation, set up the agenda, communicationplan and expectation for the next few weeks. This is how you are supposed to act when you are in an official tour.

4. Some executves sleeping in his room is not a news or should have been mentioned unless the time of his sleeping is in official hours.

I agree most of the cases new=paper try to make stories out of nothing. But in these cases, I think this news have some merit as mentioned by other news-paper. When we had lots of problem getting sponsorhip for this tour, BCB should be more careful spending unnecessary money. These executives have no business cooming to ZIM and spending BCB's 19+ lacks taka. They were not invited by ZIM officials and they had no clearcut agenda why they are there.

Now you can bring politics and Awami League here, but to me its plain and simple, as long as executives try to behave like that, I have no problem if newspapers (including daily Inqilab, which I don't care that much) continue doing their duty and informing us how some BCB executives are milking the money which are supposed to be for the improvement of cricket in Bangladesh

cricket_dorshok
August 2, 2006, 06:59 AM
Hmmm... now some pleople are bringing Awami League, Bogura and Conpiration theory here.... interesting .... very interesting !!!!!

The fact is:

1. Its not unusual for newspapers to dug-into dirt and try provide news out of nothing ( as someone already mensioned), Its nothing new.

2. Its also true (unless Inqilab news is also false) that some of the executives arrive around 26 before Bashar's injury.

3. Its also a fact that we live in 2006 not 1906. Therefore even some of them were on their way, should have enough communication mechanism and time to know whats going on in the team. When they first arrived, they should have been have a breif meeting with either manager or coach as a first thing, so there is no excuse not knowing whats going on in the team. Afterall officially its still a official tour for them not a pleasure trip. In my recent official trip to Morocco, after close-to 18 hours of flights, the first thing we did ( even before checking in hotel) is meet with the country director of the local office , understand their current situation, set up the agenda, communicationplan and expectation for the next few weeks. This is how you are supposed to act when you are in an official tour.

4. Some executves sleeping in his room is not a news or should have been mentioned unless the time of his sleeping is in official hours.

I agree most of the cases new=paper try to make stories out of nothing. But in these cases, I think this news have some merit as mentioned by other news-paper. When we had lots of problem getting sponsorhip for this tour, BCB should be more careful spending unnecessary money. These executives have no business cooming to ZIM and spending BCB's 19+ lacks taka. They were not invited by ZIM officials and they had no clearcut agenda why they are there.

Now you can bring politics and Awami League here, but to me its plain and simple, as long as executives try to behave like that, I have no problem if newspapers (including daily Inqilab, which I don't care that much) continue doing their duty and informing us how some BCB executives are milking the money which are supposed to be for the improvement of cricket in Bangladesh

Totally agree!!! well said.

SMHasan
August 2, 2006, 08:17 PM

The fact is:

A very good one.

TheWatcher
August 3, 2006, 05:38 PM
Its also true (unless Inqilab news is also false) that some of the executives arrive around 26 before Bashar's injury.
My apology, all I remembered is that MP Shaheen left Dhaka after the second ODI, and somehow I assumed that the other BCCB officials had traveled to Harare with him. Again, I am truly sorry to cause all this unneccessary controversy.

BappyHayat
August 3, 2006, 07:01 PM
Good analysis FAZAL Bhai - I agree

Fazal
August 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
Looks like two more executives are joining in the Kenya Pleasure Trip:

‘The BCB wanted to have an experiment in the African trip so we needed all the players beside the green-horns which enlarged the squad initially. As the young players like Sakib Al Hasan and Farhad Reza were successful in the Zimbabwe tour, the Cricket Operations Committee, now feels it is the time to downsize the squad,’ said Rahman. ‘You can say, the BCB took the decision to cut the expenses,’ added the administrative chief of the BCB.

The statement is contradictory to the fact because the BCB afforded the expenses of four officials in Zimbabwe and two more in Kenya, who have nothing to do with the game except sight-seeing.
It was reported that the BCB provided business class air tickets plus $350 pocket money per day to those tour-hungry officials.
For Javed and Alok, the BCB needed far little to spend as the host board traditionally bears the entire local hospitality and the daily allowance of at least 15 visiting players. " -NewAgeBd (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

OMG !!! $350???

When US government Official (GS 14/15 Level) goes to overseas representing the US Government they gets $80-$100 for M&IE (based on which country they are going). US is one of the most powerful and richest country of the world.

Its good to know that BCB is no cheap organization. They can affort $350 per day for the executives. BCB must be very very rich.

ammark
August 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
Its good to know that BCB is no cheap organization. They can affort $350
per day for the executives. BCB must be very very rich.

Then this money would be better spent paying a domestic first class player and improving bd cricket infrastructure. What a waste

SMHasan
August 9, 2006, 08:12 PM
Then this money would be better spent paying a domestic first class player and improving bd cricket infrastructure. What a waste

Just amazing how much money BCB is paying for their admistrator's tour.On the contrary a first class player recieves 200 taka ($2 per day:( )to cover their expenses. Now that proves how cruel we are towards our cricketers. If this continues then what you can expect to the cricketers? If anyone wants to take cricket as a profession then he is to be assured about the financial issues. If the money is not there then very few people will come to play cricket.

PoorFan
August 9, 2006, 09:52 PM
Those buggers are shameless money sucker!:mad: I didn't find any other words to explain.

Imagine they have family, children, relatives and living as a "decent" family just beside us. Every corner of our country is corrupted now, without almost any exception. They pretend these irresponsible money and cost as their "right", very shameless and disappointing. What the hell is that Loby doing? it's time to kick him and his buddies out.

Stumped
August 10, 2006, 10:42 PM
Just amazing how much money BCB is paying for their admistrator's tour.On the contrary a first class player recieves 200 taka ($2 per day:( )to cover their expenses. Now that proves how cruel we are towards our cricketers. If this continues then what you can expect to the cricketers? If anyone wants to take cricket as a profession then he is to be assured about the financial issues. If the money is not there then very few people will come to play cricket.

who told u its $2 a day?? I do not believe that in the slightest... they would not be able to eat if thats the case and they would not let that happen! If im wrong i stand corrected but seriously $2?!

SMHasan
August 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
who told u its $2 a day?? I do not believe that in the slightest... they would not be able to eat if thats the case and they would not let that happen! If im wrong i stand corrected but seriously $2?!

Its not $2 but it is $8:( it was my mistake. So what you will say now?

Stumped
August 10, 2006, 10:50 PM
Its not $2 but it is $8:( it was my mistake. So what you will say now?

I still dont believe it! ill ask dad if i speak to him in the next few days.. id believe $40-60 maybe... if i remember the lankans used to get 50 a day and discounts in the hotel(laundry room service etc), but thats standard where eva u go... and those days prices were alot less than they are these days! $8 is just not live-able at all...

SMHasan
August 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
Listen dear Stumped, a mere 400 TK (equal to £4) is given to a first class player in Bangladesh. It might increase in future but it is true. Ask Dave if you want.

Stumped
August 10, 2006, 11:03 PM
ok so 400tk maybe enough per day to survive.. not saying that it is accaptable... but when on tour get more cos they have to pay for everything meaning laundry, food, transport etc etc... im not saying u are wrong and that im right and thats the end of the disscussion... just find it hard to believe. Id like to find out how much 400tk is in kenyan money and how much a drink and all that costs.

Tigers_eye
August 11, 2006, 09:41 AM
Stumped, you are talking about the national players (20-25 players), whereas, Hasan is talking about first class cricketers (the remaining lot) who are not in the national team. There is a huge difference in the two groups earnings.

SMHasan
August 11, 2006, 09:53 AM
Stumped, you are talking about the national players (20-25 players), whereas, Hasan is talking about first class cricketers (the remaining lot) who are not in the national team. There is a huge difference in the two groups earnings.

Exactly. But still I would say this amount of money is really low considering the lifestyle of Bangladesh. Moreover those cricketers are professional now a days, they are not amature like before.To most of them cricket is the only way of earning money.

sadi
August 11, 2006, 10:00 AM
ok so 400tk maybe enough per day to survive.. not saying that it is accaptable... but when on tour get more cos they have to pay for everything meaning laundry, food, transport etc etc... im not saying u are wrong and that im right and thats the end of the disscussion... just find it hard to believe. Id like to find out how much 400tk is in kenyan money and how much a drink and all that costs.

400tk is what a first class cricketer gets everyday for playing NCL... just to make the comparision easier, same player would get atleast 6-7 lakh tk for playing corporate league or dhaka league which are no more than 10 games....so in those games, they get paid approximately about 80,000 tk per day... do you see the difference?? its really ridiculous...

SMHasan
August 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
400tk is what a first class cricketer gets everyday for playing NCL... just to make the comparision easier, same player would get atleast 6-7 lakh tk for playing corporate league or dhaka league which are no more than 10 games....so in those games, they get paid approximately about 80,000 tk per day... do you see the difference?? its really ridiculous...

But you have to think about the type of cricket they are playing. For exapmle first class league should be the main event in the domestic cricket in any country where as in our country this is still an amature one. Other leagues like dhaka leagues are more productive in terms of money, which is really sad. We need to take our First class cricket seriously.

sadi
August 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
But you have to think about the type of cricket they are playing. For exapmle first class league should be the main event in the domestic cricket in any country where as in our country this is still an amature one. Other leagues like dhaka leagues are more productive in terms of money, which is really sad. We need to take our First class cricket seriously.

Yeah thats the point. If you pay 400tk to a first class cricketer, it will always remain a amature tournament. Just think about the money difference. Where is the motivation unless someone is knocking in the national team door. You rather go and do something productive.

SMHasan
August 11, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah thats the point. If you pay 400tk to a first class cricketer, it will always remain a amature tournament. Just think about the money difference. Where is the motivation unless someone is knocking in the national team door. You rather go and do something productive.

I think the problem lies here. We have to make sure a decent amount of money being given for our domestic cricketers.