PDA

View Full Version : a day of infamy

al Furqaan
August 2, 2006, 10:46 AM
this is a day that will live on a long, long time with me.

it hurts almost as much as the loss to canada.

28 needed of the last 2...at least 4 overs where 11 or more runs were given up.

rajib and mashrafee lost us this one...perhaps if rafiq took that catch we woulda won, but still rajib had 11 other deliveries in his final 2 overs.

very dissappointed with mashrafee's play.

very few positives from this series. i doubt we can win the series, tho i have not given up all hope

sadi
August 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
I am so disgusted I don't know what to say... I bragged about my team for the first time and they let me down... when 48 runs were required from 4 overs, I thought its almost impossible but Zimbabwe showed their heart... they might be the third string team in the country but still good enough to compete and definately beat us in any condition

Nasif
August 2, 2006, 11:00 AM
If someone wants to loose intentionally you can't make them win. They played last few overs like they want to loose in quicktime. Worst bowling display ever.

AsifTheManRahman
August 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
i'm not coming back. this is too much. shesh overe 17 run diye keu hare? taaw last balle 6?

what the hell is wrong with our bowlers? mathata Allah dise kisher jonno? Shahadat: ektar por ekta short ball diye jaitese, and ektar por ekta four khaitese. how long does it take for it to become obvious that short balls wont work? for God's sake, PITCH THE DAMN BALL UP! this is the 48th over against an international side, not a five-over match against a para side. gaaye jor thaklei to shob hoye gelo na. hattrick nise to ki hoise - hattrick nawar poro to kaaj baki chilo...and mashrafee - full toss dile je bari khabi eta ki chokkhe dekhtesos na? how hard is it to just pitch it up and keep it low? taaw last ball e 5 runs dorkar tokhon full toss marse...all those full tosses must have been pretty high - nahole eto chokka hoy na...what the hell? 5 run dorkar r ball ta aramse uthay dilo - maro bachadhon, maro. tui ki ore six marte dawar jonno poysha khaisos?

and for the umpteenth time - why the bloody hell can't our batsmen cross 250? how hard is it to hold on to your wickets? 50 korlei to r kaam shesh howe gelo na...and what's wrong with the team management? why can't they drop JO? and what's wrong with nafees? ekta slow 70 marse dekhe ki batting bhule jaite hobe?

the only ones that performed today are rajin - who the management won't pick: dav whatmore nijeke ki mone kore Allah jane - and rajjak - who people at BC want kicked out.

there is no excuse for this loss today...this is a depleted zimbabwe side that struggled against a yet more hopeless kenya side even a few days ago...this just proves that we are a pathetic team, and no matter how much we beat sri lanka or kenya at home, we are still the number ten team in the world. heck - we might even lose to kenya now.

and we're not winning this series. not with these batsmen and this kind of attitude on the part of our bowlers. 17 runs! 17 damn runs in the last over! ektar por ekta full toss and short ball!

shalar goriber deshe jonmaisi dekhe khali corruption r maramari kilakili niyei thakte hoibo...kicchu hobe na ei deshre diye...hobe kemne? bhaat kheye mathar moddhe chorbi jomaise...buddhi gula to bhalo kaamer jonno dey nai...hattrick peye mathay rokto uthe gese...ahare amar hattrick...zimbabwer kase ajke harse abar hattrick...

i'm not following bangladesh cricket anymore. not worth it.

Tigers_eye
August 2, 2006, 11:15 AM
There are lessons to be learned here folks. We are improving but others are improving faster. So from now on improving should not be a goal. The rate of improvement should be the target. Hats off to the Zimbabwean team. The Inexperienced, underdog one. The one who should have been blown away from the 1st ODI. We lacked skilled players at first. Now we have skilled players who can't perform or those who are not getting chances enough. The 3 games played before this on should have been enough to counter any arguements on the long lay off.

What was the justification of keeping JO in the mix of ODI when he was clearly out performed by Rajin in the last two series (Kenya and Australia)? What was the justification of including of Sakib in the team when he gave us another bowling option which could have let us have another batsmen?

Among the goals of BD team I would like know what are those? If we can't protect a 20+ run lead in the last two overs against Zim then how do we think of winning against any other test nations? Certainly we ar ebetter than this. The Performance was pathetic.

There are certainly some problems in this team. I am getting ready to point them out.

sadi
Hey Asif, I feel your pain bro. I am feeling the same way here but I am sure, just like me, you cant just live without it. Love it or hate it, we will be here following our country.

akabir77
comong guys.... its just a game.. they had wkts so they played anda kunda and hit some fulltoss so what... just leave it.

Its our batting thats putting us down.. couldn't even bat 50 ov against zimbo attack....

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 11:19 AM
28 needed of the last 2...at least 4 overs where 11 or more runs were given up.

To make matters worse, they actually needed 48 runs off the last 4 overs. How Zimbabwe won it from there, or, more to the point, how we managed to lose from there, I don't know. I remember joking in the Chatroom at that time that Mash would probably concede 20 runs off of his last over given his track record, so Shahadat needed to keep his remaining overs tidy. Well, 26 came off Shahadat's last 2 overs, and Mash chipped in with 18 off his last. The rest, as they say, is history.

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 11:33 AM
Well, 26 came off Shahadat's last 2 overs, and Mash chipped in with 18 off his last. The rest, as they say, is history.

A catch missed by Rafique not only contributed 4 runs ... but also set the platform for final asault. Rafique was another goat in this game: no runs, expensive overs with no wicket and pathetic fielding with dropped catches.

sadi
August 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
The thing that really bothers me is the difference between our batsmen and theirs... when they get set, they finish their jobs... look at the first game, matsikenyeri and chigumbura did it for them and now taylor... for us, if we can just score a fifty we are good enough to survive... pathetic...I am just too frustated right now... maybe I should take a break... see you guys later

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 11:54 AM
May be our bowlers were a bit expensive in the last few overs, but that happens to many bowlers in world cricket. It's the fault of our selectors that they keep on slelecting crap batsmen who have scoring rates below 60. A team with Javed, Rajin and Mashud can never be sure of winning because they will always end up with scores less than 250. The difference between the trio I mentioned and Taylor, Matsikenyeri and Chigumbura is that these 3 Zimb players are capable of scoring at a run a ball when there is a pressure situation or a collapse. But our trio can only score 50 odd of 90 od deliveries in the same situation.

ialbd
August 2, 2006, 02:23 PM
it was just fluke in association with some bad luck. The team selectors once again proved that we are Bangladeshis. dukkhe ar kisu mathay ashtesena...

I'll just pray to Almighty ALLAH, so that this (bad luck) doesnt repeat itself. Please if you can, do so in your prayers.

What are the chances..... 6 off the last ball.....
________
Dc medical marijuana dispensaries (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 07:00 PM
now i understand what aussies felt when they lost south africa after posting 434 runs

SMHasan
August 2, 2006, 07:38 PM
Just read your post ATMR but I have nothing to say. your post says everything for me. After finishing the match I went straight to work, but I was severely disappointed (dont knw whether i used the right term of english). I believe everyone is feeling in the same way u do Asif.

My simple view is - first of all we could not make a decent score to defend, every batsman got a start and then threw their wicket away. The dismissals were not that cheap its true but its also true that Zombies are not that great bowling side. Are they? Still we could not continue those innings of Aftab, Rajin or whoever. Whats wrong with aftab? He is starting nicely but not going too far now a days, its really scary. We need to build the partnerships. They need to understand this truth. We need to build an innings first then we can hit the big ones.We should attack thats fine but it has to be calculative. In todays match we showed how frazile our batting order is. Shame.

Still this match should have been won but we could not cos we didn't bowl well. When one of the main bowler bowls 4 full tosses in the final over when the opposing team requiring 17 runs, u should not win this match! Poor bowling indeed. I wont blame Shahadat too much but what Mash did is inexcusable. Four full tosses in the final over! Unbelievable. You don't need a bowling coach to tell u to bowl up in the final over. He didn't bowl any bouncer to protect runs. Such a fool. If anyone practices hour after hour bowling good length balls then he should be able to bowl in perfect length in the real match. Mash failed here. How can he give 18 runs against this attack? I dont get it.

Fielding wasnt great one. Catches win matches but Rafique dropped the catch which might have decided our fate. It did indeed. Other day Javed dropped one sitter and we lost and today its Rafique. What can i say? Is it professionalism?

Just before half an hour to end the match I said in the BC chatroom that this match is gonna be tight one, some people said how comes? Bd gonna win easily but I knew bd players very well. Thats why I told Zim would play for win and they did play. They did win.

This is not the end of the world we know. We still can win this series. We Can make it 3-2 but after today our dreams are now very much scared like our faces.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 07:40 PM
i will never forget this day.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 08:08 PM
i think i need to stay away from cricket for a while to recover from this loss. i am heart broken

BD Tigers
August 2, 2006, 08:21 PM
Its a very sad day for BD. Alll day long I was in a bad mood. I just wonder if we the fans are feeling so much pain, what do u think Mashrafee is feeling now? I feel pity for the poor guy. I hope the whole BD team bounces back from this disaster. Last time a guy called Miandad hit a 6 against India and won the match, Pakistan ruled India in Sarjah for a decade.

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 09:27 PM
drop all OLD PLAYER for the next match I don't want series I want these players to suffer DROP PILOT, DROP MASH, DROP GOLLA DROP KAPALI

reza_15
August 2, 2006, 09:54 PM
today was one of the worst days of bangladesh cricket. we were really close to the victory. after i found out that shahadat made a hat-trick and saw the score i was more than sure that we will win this match easily. i couldn't believe myself that we lost this match. when i saw the sentence " zimbabwe won by 2 wkts", i was staring at it because it was so hard to believe. i'm really disappointed after this match. now during the next match bd will be in so much pressure that they might even loose it. god help us.

reza_15
August 2, 2006, 09:57 PM
it would have been a historic day for us. we would have got a nice victory and leaded the series. so unfortunate. although shahadat made a history it ended up sadly. sighs*

FagunerAgun
August 2, 2006, 10:44 PM
It is not only an infamy for BD, it is also an infamy day for the cricket world.

Every year, one or more BD players will do something foolish and accentric that really put us down. That's why the whole world is so indifferent to BD cricket.

kalpurush
August 2, 2006, 11:36 PM
Aai lojja ami rakhi kuthay? Sristikorta-o bidharmi-der pokhe!?:confused:

CricTiger
August 2, 2006, 11:45 PM
After that world cup incident,I thought Pilot would be ban from Captaincy!But what the hell and look what happened today ??????

al Furqaan
August 3, 2006, 12:09 AM
After that world cup incident,I thought Pilot would be ban from Captaincy!But what the hell and look what happened today ??????

cant blame him for this one

ialbd
August 3, 2006, 12:21 AM

I missed most of the match yesterday, I understand why Mashrafee is being blamed, but whats with Pilot? wrong bowling change?
________
Vaaapp (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

roaring tigerz
August 3, 2006, 01:51 AM
the fact of the matter is...if u dont score 275+ and bowl this zimbabwe team out for under 200, you do not deserve to keep playing ODIs. wait till you see this same zim team play against ANY OTHER test playing nation. we have surely now sunk to our lowest depths. oh wait, i should say this after the last 2 games!

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 02:38 AM
guys..just put it behind as one big bad day...
lets move on ...
im sure we all r hearthbroken...
well..as id say sh** happens.. and it happened big time on us..

lets focus on the next two matches and hope we win the series inshallah

mac
August 3, 2006, 04:59 AM
Well, I just can't forget this day. BD should try to win the next matches. Otherwise, ICC will try to step us down. :down:

kfirooz
August 3, 2006, 05:29 AM
A win will change all things upside down. So the earlier the next win comes the better for Bangladesh. Everything will be forgotten. So performance by players on the ground is the only remedy.

SMHasan
August 3, 2006, 10:23 AM
I missed most of the match yesterday, I understand why Mashrafee is being blamed, but whats with Pilot? wrong bowling change?

Everyone is blaming him cos he was very slow in bating. Was involved in couple of runouts. And nothing else. His captaincy was fine i think. Some people might blame him for bringing Mashrafee in the final over but what he could do?

Mr-Cricket
August 3, 2006, 10:28 AM
Everyone is blaming him cos he was very slow in bating. Was involved in couple of runouts. And nothing else. His captaincy was fine i think. Some people might blame him for bringing Mashrafee in the final over but what he could do?
I think it had more to do with the fact that, instead maintaining the pressure, he chose to take off Shahadat immediatly after his hat trick in the 39th over, and subsequently brought on Mash, who was abit expensive in the 41st and 43rd overs. I think Rafique, at the other end, went for a few 6's around then, too. I had no problems with Mash bowling the last over - I just had no confidence in him doing so. :)

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
We lost cause Pilots poor decisions..
we lost cause Pilot wasted many balls that put pressure on other batsmem
We lost cause Pilot got 2 batsmen runout
We lost cause Gulla failed again..
We lost SN got out first ball..
We lost cause Lower order didn't score..
We lost cause rafiq dropped that catch
We lost cause Mashrafe gave 19 on last over including 4 full toss.. ouch.. never expected that from him.. :(