PDA

View Full Version : Was Mashrafee Bribed?

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 11:16 AM
I cannot find any other reason for him constantly bowling full toss in final over and bowling wide.

specially on the final bowl, when he knows for sure that the batsman will go for a six, there is no way he can bowl like that, unless.......

unless, he has been bribed.

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 11:19 AM
or may be he was trying to bowl in the block hole

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 11:20 AM
Why? Why are you guys so upset? Isn't that the whole strategy by the team management? To make sure we loose a respectable loss by selecting some old junk players?

This team (the current ODI 3 team) is not capable to score beound 220-230s. This is well known. What do you expect? The bowler will always save our rear?

Orpheus
August 2, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think he was... He was given 2 million Zimbabwean dollars.. he thought he was rich. Little did he know that he can only buy a popsicle with that.

Tigers_eye
August 2, 2006, 11:21 AM
In the first game also he was expensive at the end and we lost. May be we need to find another closer soon. Let him finish his quota well before 40 overs.

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 11:23 AM
Was Mashrafee Bribed?
That thought did briefly cross my mind.

But then I came to my senses.

Mash is genuinely that bad.

Rubu
trust me, its not being upset. I'm questioning for real. read my post, I am actually trying to use logic. I simply fail to see any.

If he trys to bowl block hole, he would succeed 3 out of 6 times. he is a bowler of that caribre (actually better). he is not the type of bowler whos block whole will turn to full toss every single time.

I'm series: He has been bribed.

istiak
I think he was... He was given 2 million Zimbabwean dollars.. he thought he was rich. Little did he know that he can only buy a popsicle with that.

lol ! I think u r right because if he could calculate it he would bowl better.

sadi
August 2, 2006, 11:24 AM
Rubu, you joking right? I mean we are all upset but please stop opening this unnecessary thread.

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
Sadi, seriously, I'm not joking. I was upset an hour and 10 minutes ago. Now I'm just mad. Either he was completely out of his damn mind, or he was bribed. No way usual mashrafee can bowl like that.

cricket_pagol
August 2, 2006, 11:27 AM
Except Australia, all big teams have lost matches from a winning position. Some teams like west indies do it more often then others. I guess bangladesh was not in this league before because we rarely got yourselves into winning position.

I hope the players learn from this experience.

cricket_pagol
August 2, 2006, 11:30 AM
this is a bangladeshi trait, when we see something unexpected happen in a game, we immediately blame the umpire and the players for taking a bribe. It's hard to come out of our inherent traits.

Orpheus
August 2, 2006, 11:31 AM
lol ! I think u r right because if he could calculate it he would bowl better.

haha..nice play of words..:up:

sadi
August 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
He just choked.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cmon guys give Mash a break, he just made a major change in his action (from a mix of side-on and front-on to complete side-on). He is just getting used to to his new action and lacks a bit of the precision needed to bowl in the block hole. That was one of the main reason Stuart Karpinnen allowed him to play in the test matches but not the ODIs. Give him some time, he will get used to his new action and would surely start to bowl well in the death overs.

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 11:41 AM
Sadi, seriously, I'm not joking. I was upset an hour and 10 minutes ago. Now I'm just mad. Either he was completely out of his damn mind, or he was bribed. No way usual mashrafee can bowl like that.
He just choked.
Sadi just hit the nail on the head. This is actually becoming a habit for Mash.

He got hit for 60+ runs off his last 4 overs in the following game.

This was after he was 10/2 off his first 6.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/SL_IN_BDESH/SCORECARDS/SL_BDESH_ODI3_25FEB2006.html

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 11:42 AM
Cmon guys give Mash a break, he just made a major change in his action (from a mix of side-on and front-on to complete side-on). He is just getting used to to his new action and lacks a bit of the precision needed to bowl in the block hole. That was one of the main reason Stuart Karpinnen allowed him to play in the test matches but not the ODIs. Give him some time, he will get used to his new action and would surely start to bowl well in the death overs.
Sorry to be blunt, mate, but thats just crap.

ilz
August 2, 2006, 11:42 AM

hahahahaha. no comment!

Beamer
August 2, 2006, 11:46 AM
Things like this can happen any time in cricket. Murali got belted in England in one of the games. Instead, give the due to Taylor who totally deserves it.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 11:47 AM
Sorry to be blunt, mate, but thats just crap.

If you have the slightest idea about bowling, you shouldn't be saying that.

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
If you have the slightest idea about bowling, you shouldn't be saying that.
Wow! The attitude! It's too much! :D

"If you had the slightest idea about 'Mash's ongoing problems in bowling at the death', you wouldn't be saying that."

And FYI, I do play the game, mind you. :up:

fwullah
August 2, 2006, 11:59 AM
"Cmon guys give Mash a break, he just made a major change in his action (from a mix of side-on and front-on to complete side-on). He is just getting used to to his new action and lacks a bit of the precision needed to bowl in the block hole. That was one of the main reason Stuart Karpinnen allowed him to play in the test matches but not the ODIs. Give him some time, he will get used to his new action and would surely start to bowl well in the death overs."

- Change of bowling action caused a certain fast bowler like Hasibul Hussain to lose his place in the National Team. I have a feeling that it is the end of Mashrafee Bin Murtoza's International Career.

To be truthful, Mashrafee never had the nerves to bowl at the depth, he also doesn't have the experience like Tapash Baisya in the domestic cricket to learn to bowl at the depth curving the nerves. There may also have been a touch of 'jealosy' in Mashrafee to try to bowl yorkers like Shahadat - after all, Mashrafee has been here a long time and yet he had never taken a hat-trick, whereas Shahadat has just entered the big league and he's already a big hero now - especially after the hat-trick.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 12:03 PM
Wow! The attitude! It's too much! :D

"If you had the slightest idea about 'Mash's ongoing problems in bowling at the death', you wouldn't be saying that."

And FYI, I do play the game, mind you. :up:

it's even sadder that you dont realize , may be u dont bowl at a decent pace or you never had to change your action due to injury

The thing is it takes time to get used to a new action. The margin of error in the slog overs is very small. It is lot easier in the initial overs where you can just pitch short of a good length outside of the off stump. But bowling in the block hole requires a whole lot control and precision. Have faith in the lad, he would be as as good as he is in the initial overs in about a years time.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 12:10 PM
To be truthful, Mashrafee never had the nerves to bowl at the depth, he also doesn't have the experience like Tapash Baisya in the domestic cricket to learn to bowl at the depth curving the nerves.

Agree with you to some extent, but he wasn't this bad either. But you gotta agree that the more he gets used to his new action, the more control he would have with his yorkers. Just a few months have passed since he had that major change in his action. So it would be better if we be less critical of him. Nobody is talking about Javed Omar and co and the way they let us down by not able to score over 250 in any of the 3 ODIs.

Imtiaz
August 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
This is an unfortunate thing to say. But, sadly, I am not surprised that many of us will say that.

Bowling , full tosses at the death is actually regularly practised. Since, "good length" balls are easier to "get under" and the batsman gets a good purchase. In fact, Tapash also regularly bowled full tosses at the death.

I have not seen the match , so really can't comment like many of you. But a more fair criticism would be why didn't he and Shahadat, in the previous over, mix the balls up e.g. slower delivery etc. Aftab was bowled to one.

It is sad that a series which we should have won 5 - 0, we might even not win. We really haven't had a bad match yet but are 2-1 down !!

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
Look, HawkEye, mate, I really don't think this is something worth arguing over. I'm livid enough as is now that the loss has genuinely sunk in. Read post #16 again. This is becoming a regular feature of Mash's game. I've thought all along that it may be due to lack of fitness, more than anything.

The fact is, if Mash can produce such brilliance at the beginning of a spell, then there is no reason why he should not be able to do the same at the end. Maybe he is mentally incapable of delivering the goods at the death. Maybe he is physically exhausted. Only he knows. But the fact remains, he has had more than enough time to rectify his shortcomings. I mean that 3rd ODI vs SL was in February! He was given a break during the Kenya series in order to prevent futher injuries. But he has failed again.

Can I just say I have never doubted his abilities as a player. He remains on par, in my opinion, with Shahadat, although they are two different bowlers. I too am hopeful that he will eventually come good. It's a shame that he is so injury prone though. He had the potential to be our finest ever bowler.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 12:16 PM
Change of bowling action caused a certain fast bowler like Hasibul Hussain to lose his place in the National Team. I have a feeling that it is the end of Mashrafee Bin Murtoza's International Career.

I dont think that's gonna end his career, he is just going through a transition period, and hopefully gonna come out stronger.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
The fact is, if Mash can produce such brilliance at the beginning of a spell, then there is no reason why he should not be able to do the same at the end.

As I said in my earlier post it takes lot more control in the end overs when you try to go for the yorkers. Give him about a years time he would surely be used to his action by then and hopefully would be getting his yorkers right. If not then be critical at that time.

He is going through a dificult phase, so it's sad to see people thinking of him taking bribes.

RazabQ
August 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
Exhibit 1
On eve of our first Test match win against Zim, he had to stop himself in his run up because he was crying. He could not take the last Zim wicket - and trust me because I watched the whole match - his bowling was ordinary in those last few overs

Exhibit 2
He dropped Ponting right before lunch when that could have been a serious psychological hold on Australia in the final day of the first test match

Exhibit 3
His frequent failures in death overs when the opponent is really going at it. Sri Lanka did it to him, India did it to him and now Zim is doing it to him

What does this mean? This means that he will continue to be a great bowler for BD - as long as he stays healthy - but he should not be put in the pressure situations such as bowling in the death.

Hatebreed
August 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
Wow I cannot believe what has happened.... I'm so glad I fell asleep long before this living nightmare...

Could MASHRAFEE do such a thing? How else could we lose from such a good position? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!?

Why is it that only Shahadat is consistent lately and our prominent Mr. Masri is getting WORSE?? It's not that I ain't glad for Shahadat but he did make remarkable improvement whereas Masri has become a piece of ****!

FULLER deliveries on the last over?!? WTF WAS HE THINKING????

I forgave him for Australia but not this time! I'm not prepared to believe there was no motive behind his such pathetic display today.

Someone please prove me wrong..

Mr-Cricket
August 2, 2006, 01:15 PM
Wow I cannot believe what has happened.... I'm so glad I fell asleep long before this living nightmare...

Could MASHRAFEE do such a thing? How else could we lose from such a good position? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!?

Why is it that only Shahadat is consistent lately and our prominent Mr. Masri is getting WORSE?? It's not that I ain't glad for Shahadat but he did make remarkable improvement whereas Masri has become a piece of ****!

FULLER deliveries on the last over?!? WTF WAS HE THINKING????

I forgave him for Australia but not this time! I'm not prepared to believe there was no motive behind his such pathetic display today.

Someone please prove me wrong..
HAHAHAHA! Settle mate, settle. Shahadat cannot go completely blameless! I mean he did concede 26 off his last 2 overs, didn't he? Really, Batting/Bowling (and Fielding!) woes aside, had Mashud bowled out Shahadat after his hat-trick, I don't think we'd find ourselves 2-1 down. Simple as that. But I guess we could argue this till the cows come home.

I'm gonna get some sleep. Hopefully I'll have suffered a serious bout of Amnesia come morning. :)

Hatebreed
August 2, 2006, 01:26 PM
HAHAHAHA! Settle mate, settle. Shahadat cannot go completely blameless! I mean he did concede 26 off his last 2 overs, didn't he? Really, Batting/Bowling (and Fielding!) woes aside, had Mashud bowled out Shahadat after his hat-trick, I don't think we'd find ourselves 2-1 down. Simple as that. But I guess we could argue this till the cows come home.

I'm gonna get some sleep. Hopefully I'll have suffered a serious bout of Amnesia come morning. :)

I'm not saying Shahadat is innocent but he did bring us into the game with that hat-trick. Imagine if Zimbabwe had 6 wickets for the last 10 overs, we would have lost easily without a fight and the scapegoat for our failure would be someone else.

Masri's failure is a huge concern because he's after all considered our best bowler and naturally everyone will speculate whether he crumbled under pressure or had bad intentions. I'll leave this debate until everyone has a cool mind, including myself.

al Furqaan
August 2, 2006, 02:50 PM
Exhibit 1
On eve of our first Test match win against Zim, he had to stop himself in his run up because he was crying. He could not take the last Zim wicket - and trust me because I watched the whole match - his bowling was ordinary in those last few overs

Exhibit 2
He dropped Ponting right before lunch when that could have been a serious psychological hold on Australia in the final day of the first test match

Exhibit 3
His frequent failures in death overs when the opponent is really going at it. Sri Lanka did it to him, India did it to him and now Zim is doing it to him

What does this mean? This means that he will continue to be a great bowler for BD - as long as he stays healthy - but he should not be put in the pressure situations such as bowling in the death.[emphasis mine]

spot on...

masri isn't a crap bowler, nor has he just recently become one. he just has this one weakness in his armor. we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

in order for russel to bowl in the death, he must be chosen in the playin XI!!!

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
he should have bowled a slower one ... why didn't he bowled a single slower ball i don't understand when our batsman (i know aftab was out) where having hard time picking up the slowers..... I am not sure what managment is doing... Pilot should have talked with him beofre the last ball and tell him where to bowl and what kind of ball that should be (i have seen most of the test team does that and let the bowler know what to do)

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
spot on...

masri isn't a crap bowler, nor has he just recently become one. he just has this one weakness in his armor. we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

Razzak and Shahadat could be the solution but I don't think Rasel has what it takes to bowl in the death. With his pace I don't think he would be the ideal bowler in the death overs. Infact he normally tends to complete his 10 over quota within the 40th over.

Spitfire_x86
August 2, 2006, 03:03 PM
we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

In most ODIs, Rasel finished his quota before final overs. And in the few chances he got, he hasn't done much better than Mashrafee.

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
I think it was Tareq (may be I am worng) gave us the close victory ;ast time around...

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Hey no one is q. the umps today. there were some close loud shout that was denied by the zimbo ump....

Spitfire_x86
August 2, 2006, 03:08 PM
I think it was Tareq (may be I am worng) gave us the close victory ;ast time around...
Yeah, it was Tareq Aziz. Sad thing is, in that match we only had 9 runs to defend in the last over.

Bancan
August 2, 2006, 03:14 PM
i think mash and shahadat are both into this thing. the zim's gave mash money to throw the game. shahadat found out about it. so he wanted to join in. he told the zim's "i will keep it a secret if u giv me a hatrick". i bet thats wat happened.!!!!!

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 03:25 PM
The problem is, you just can't have someone else bowling in the end and in the beginning. you have only 11 stop. so, if mashrafee has to learn how to bowl at the end, not render the job to someone else. then, we have to take off a batsman to get a 3rd seamer who can bowl at the end. not practical.

nsd3
August 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
Doesn't matter if MAshrafi was bribed or not- He should be criticised for waht he has been doing lately. Not only this game he got bashed other matches against Pak, Aus, I remember from my memory. We had been always praising our strike bowler and trying to save him but this is insane. He is not in form and he can step down and ccome back later with a good form. Downt we have any replacement for him- what abt Russel, or even A Team pacers? We may start thread on Mashrafi bashing just like we did on JO, Ashraful etc.

He should be criticised - no more mercy on Mashrafi. Dont want to take these from him any more- if we see these more from him we should also accept him as a kopailla like Kapali - getting chances as there is no replacement. OR Bon Gaye Shial Raja......

Imtiaz
August 2, 2006, 03:53 PM
Actually, I have always wondered why slow bowlers are not used at the death. Particularly those who can vary their lengths. Funnily, I have Enamul in mind ! The batsmen cannot use the bowlers pace to hit the big shots.

Emburey comes to mind. Anyone else ?

Imtiaz
August 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
He should be criticised - no more mercy on Mashrafi. Dont want to take these from him any more- if we see these more from him we should also accept him as a kopailla like Kapali - getting chances as there is no replacement. OR Bon Gaye Shial Raja......

Is it a bad time to remind everyone that it was Mashrafe who dropped the catch against Australia ?

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 04:02 PM
read the thread. someone already has done us the favore, imtiaz.

RazabQ
August 2, 2006, 05:16 PM
This wickets would suit Rasel's slower pace and Rasel tends to bowl his ten overs on the trot
Then we can use Shahadat at the middle and use forhad and rajjak as our death bowlers. Rajin has done it too.

Masree needs to be dropped to get his focus back - he didn't take any wickets in the opening overs either.

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 05:25 PM
I would not believe I was saying this a year ago myself: but yes agree with RazabQ. Mashrafee need to seat out for this series.

Albanycrew
August 2, 2006, 05:41 PM
Mashrafee is our star player.....my arse. Star players step up when other players do badly. He bowled 4 full toss balls and a wide. He even got lucky with the runout.... that was a full toss too...but Taylot didn't get a good hold of it. Name one star/great player who kept bowling full toss after full toss and made the batsman's work extremely easy.....fast full toss...all you need is to get a bat to it. It's true some great players gave up a lot of runs in the last over in their career.... but I highly doubt that they ever bowled 4 full tosses which are the easiest ball to hit. Anyone with anykind of brain would notice that his yorkers were all turning into full tosses..... bowl a short length or a slower or anything but that when you are getting slammed for those. What about the wide.... where did that come from. So for god sake stop trying to sugar coat mashrafees performance and stop blaming Pilot. Mashrafee is supposed to be our best and most experienced fast bowler..... so that was no brainer for pilot to give him the last over. Rafique bowled like crap too....so he couldnt really use Rafique. It's sad that our standard is so low.... seems like most of us think Ash, Mash as gods of cricket. Welcome to the reality my friend.. like other posters mentioned..Mash was slammed before too...but he was still the only one Pilot could go for the last over. He gave up 17 runs because he bowled horribly...not because Taylor hit some amazing shots but credit to Taylor for taking advantage of some awful bowling. Zimbabwe truly overpowered us and they are the better team as of now. It doesn't matter how well you do upto 40 overs....if you can't finish the game on top.
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 06:05 PM
just wondering ..
BD suffered two most himulating defeats in his histroy and the captain of the both team was Pilot..
So I think we should ask wether
Pilot was bribed or not????

Xavier
August 2, 2006, 06:07 PM
Except Australia, all big teams have lost matches from a winning position. Some teams like west indies do it more often then others. I guess bangladesh was not in this league before because we rarely got yourselves into winning position.

I hope the players learn from this experience.

It often happens to west indies and Bangladesh (like 1st test to Australia...) but it also happened to the Aussies. Isn't scoring 434 runs in a ODI first innings being in winning position?:rolleyes:

CricFanBD
August 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
Mashrafi should be ashamed for his pathetic bowling. He should be kicked out from the team immediately and not be included in the Kenya series. But it will not be enough. I will be very happy if BCB organize an Investigation about Mashrafi’s 4 full tosses. How dare?? The number 4 sequel of “God Must be Crazy” could be made on the based of Mashrafi’s memorable last over.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 06:27 PM
this guy cracked under pressure. he was never a great bowler in death overs, and why mashrafee, look at what shahdat did. he got a hattrick but gave away 26 runs in his last 2 overs

nsd3
August 2, 2006, 06:52 PM
I can't help it any more, so I'm saying it now - Kick on his but and tell him he's not indispensable. He's our strike bolwer (!!) - why should we think we shudnt use him in the death overs? He shud be ready to perform at any point in the match. Please don't try to protect him any more, what he has done is enough (considering all other matches too where he did this before). This was bloody pathetic, irresponsible, and unlike a strike bowler of a test nation.

nsd3
August 2, 2006, 06:58 PM
DS said that Batsmen were also irresponsible. But Bowlers could even defend that total given the fact that Rajib had them in trouble after the hattrick. Even sensible bowling should be good enough in the last as well. So let's not move focus from MAshrafi to the batsmen. Yes there should be more to learn from this for the batsmen , but Mashrafi - what can he take from here. This was not his debut match, he is a seasoned bowler! It's not like he couldnt deliver it in right time - It's like he performed far below expectation- from where people do not usually come back for at least 1/2 series. Well he can be tried on A team from now to prove his worth and then come back, if possible.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 07:06 PM
it was our batsman who blew this series. we were on the track to score 270+ but end up at 236, which was never a winning total. but our bowlers showed they could too screw anything up

nsd3
August 2, 2006, 07:12 PM
At one stage Zim needed 48 runs from 24 balls. I think 236 was not too bad from the fact that Zim did not have Streak, Taibu, Flower bros. It's the bowlers and obviously it was MASHRAFI who let us down being a so called strike bowler - he gave away 17 runs in last over - giving 4 unneccessary Full Toss balls! I think I shud stop now, and start thinking something else other than this defeat. We need to move along and correct what we did in the past blah blah blah.....

ASA
August 2, 2006, 07:17 PM
just wondering ..
BD suffered two most himulating defeats in his histroy and the captain of the both team was Pilot..
So I think we should ask wether
Pilot was bribed or not????
So you mean, Pilot controlled the thoughts of Mashree in the last over to cause nervousness - and he in turn bowled the full tosses to give 17 runs in the final over?!! Dude - you are a genius!!!

If Pilot is indeed such a prolific mind reader - we should rehire him as the WC captain and offer him pay double of whatever bribe he is getting. Then he can do all the mind-reading on the field ... I'm guessing his skills work on people from other ethnicities too?!!

SMHasan
August 2, 2006, 08:00 PM
Masri and Shahdat both of them are to be blamed. But specially Masri. You cant bowl short and wide and full tosses in the end of the innings. I am just clueless.

oracle
August 2, 2006, 08:49 PM
Taylor was simply lucky to have dispatched it as a six. I think Masrafee should get over the psychological barrier as he and overall BD is, man to man, a better team in talent and prospect. The Zimbabweans are more confident in their batting . That's their edge really.
I hope DW has something up his sleeves to pull the boys up.

BD Tigers
August 2, 2006, 08:55 PM
Before u accused somebody taking a bribe and loosing a match (means traitor of the country), u'd want to provide proof for it. Otherwise u shud be penalised for making such a remark. I know everybody is mad at Mash but there is no point of bringing false accusations when u know from ur heart that it is not true.

Another note, one member here mentioned that Mash is been playing for so long but didn't get a hattrick but Shahadat did just playing few matches. Remarks like this make u woder how much the person knows abt cricket. Hattrick is not like getting 5 wks in a match. Great bowlers like Imran Khan, Lillie, Thomson, Malcom Marshal etc. etc. etc. never got it. Only 18 bowlers in cricket history had hattrick (Wasim, Vaas & Saqlain each geting it 2wice).

LateCut
August 2, 2006, 09:02 PM
One thing we are sure of that Mashud had a chat with him in the middle of the over then again after the fifth ball. We can only guess what was said. But certainly something should have been said about bowling short and on the stump. Why would he try to bowl fullish or yorker ball at the death when he had such a big cushion of runs? He must have wanted a wicket very badly after seeing Rajib getting a hattrick! This is stupidity, immaturity and selfishness all at once.

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 09:12 PM
ok ok pilot is just our tragic hero.....

But please people have you ever thought that may be mash's instruction was too bowl a yorker? I hope that wasn't the case else we need to change the managment very soon.

Dosh or no Dosh I want some bodys head in the next game that means there has to be a shake up and some people needs to be droped.
How come rafiq bowled so badly in such a imp match? if he had bowled half what he bowled in the other match I would have been satisfied with him. I think he needs to be droped for the young alrounder and we need to tell golla to pack his back and walk back home. SInce its a long way he should start early

nsd3
August 2, 2006, 09:37 PM
Just get Mashrafi our for once and let's stop talking about it for now

shaoun
August 2, 2006, 09:50 PM
masrafee had a bad day today and it cost us the match. every player has bad day. i thought our teams total performance wasnt very good. the way our aftab ashraful and rajin was scoring bangladesh should have scored around 250-260. and bangladesh bowlers should have finished them off after rajibs hatrick. i wont only blame masrafee i think we lost the game because we didnt play well as a team.

FagunerAgun
August 2, 2006, 10:28 PM
Mash was not bribed, he is just a typical idiotic fulbabu of BD cricket team. 2 fulltoss balls on the final over? Had he bowled correctly and intelligently and then got beaten, then we could have some sort of consolation that Taylor batted really well. But it happened the opposite. He should be benched to give a message that nothing is granted in the team. One must deserve his place in the team by performance.

Shame on you, Mash. Have some yellow stuff in your big frame.

kalpurush
August 2, 2006, 10:29 PM
Mashrafi just let us all down. It's unfortunate and unforgiven. He should be out rest of the series including Kenya, period. Believe me, I could do better!

HereWeGo
August 2, 2006, 10:46 PM
People have their bad days. If u guys ever played cricket ( for that matter any sports) u should know that by now. He tried bowling at the block holes. didn't work, thats it. It can happen. Try bowling Yorkers, it aint that easy. Low fooltoches are harder to hit than length balls. Ask that to anyone who ever played cricket and batted at the deaths.

roaring tigerz
August 3, 2006, 01:25 AM
to sum it up in 2 pithy words.... 'NO BALLZ'! jakey poribhashay bola hoye thake 'buker pata'
4 full tosses in the last over? an absolutely classic illustration of the 'fact' that this team never learns from their mistakes.

and about taking bribes...stop having such grand illusions.you think that anyone would stand to win any money cuz bd loss? its not an earth shattering upset, even the last series was just as close. and i am pretty sure that no book-maker has no interests whatsoever regarding this series.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 02:04 AM
oh gimme a break guys... one bad day... and u r all over him like a hound...
isnt it us who has been praising Mashree all year thru for his hard work and dedication..??
we know how we r feeling..then think how Mashree is feeling after bowling that over??
the guys gives their lungs out , runs hard, bawls good for the team and one or two bad overs... u r treating him like a piece of sh**.... im sorry but i cant take it...

why dont u focus on the real problem here...
we have a team that cant even score 250 against such a weaker Zimbabwe team... even yesterday's game..out batsmen thru it away after being in such a good position.. and that just doesnt happen one or two days..that happens every fu**** time for god's sake...
we hv a opener who never crosses 20 runs, we hv a supposedly superstar who performs in a blue moon, most of our batsmen r consistently inconsistent with thier form, dont they the diff from their wicket to their bat, every time they hv a diarohea and colapses like a sand castle...

its our bowlers who r always defending our mediocre totals, not only against zims but against the big boys also... had our batsmen played the way they should hv.. we wouldnt be defending 230's every match... it should be around 250+ at least to say...

so..it was a bad day for our bowlers... rafiq dropped a sitter?? does that mean he also took bribes?? or should we rest him fm fielding everytime he is NOT balling...

and yes.. Mashree lost it in the end... so what??? why full toss?? no answer..its just our bad luck... there cant be any other explanation behind it...
its not the first time in history that a team came from far behind and won the game... and whom we kidding?? the zims r showing they r on the same level as us..!! or even better

remember last yr's victory against Australia?? Ash was the hero ..but the architect of him being that hero was our bowlers, keeping Aus tight at 249... esp Mashree..when he took gilly in the first over and bowled really good throught the whole England tour...not only that match...

yes..we all r upset..terrible mad...show ur emotions... ur frustations...
but dont jump on the bandwagon and say Mashree has taken a bribe.. even if u dont mean it,which im sure u didnt.. still its unfair on a player who always gives his 110 percent for his team, for his country...

Andy-Flower
August 3, 2006, 03:04 AM
he should have bowled a slower one ... why didn't he bowled a single slower ball i don't understand when our batsman (i know aftab was out) where having hard time picking up the slowers..... I am not sure what managment is doing... Pilot should have talked with him beofre the last ball and tell him where to bowl and what kind of ball that should be (i have seen most of the test team does that and let the bowler know what to do)

he will learn with time man...he wasnt given $2 million zim dollars like some of y'all think:lol: he was tryng to ball yorkers which is the way to do it in the last over..its only unfortunate that he got his lengh wrong and ended up balling full tosses;)

Mr-Cricket
August 3, 2006, 07:16 AM
oh gimme a break guys... one bad day... and u r all over him like a hound...
He's had a few 'bad days' of late...

we know how we r feeling..then think how Mashree is feeling after bowling that over??
Clearly he's feeling down in the dumps. And so he should. :D

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/65000/65032.1.jpg

the guys gives their lungs out , runs hard, bawls good for the team and one or two bad overs... u r treating him like a piece of sh**.... im sorry but i cant take it...
Fair enough, but 4 full tosses and a wide from a #1 bowler, in any over, is inexcusible.

why dont u focus on the real problem here...

we have a team that cant even score 250 against such a weaker Zimbabwe team... even yesterday's game..out batsmen thru it away after being in such a good position.. and that just doesnt happen one or two days..that happens every fu**** time for god's sake...

its our bowlers who r always defending our mediocre totals, not only against zims but against the big boys also... had our batsmen played the way they should hv.. we wouldnt be defending 230's every match... it should be around 250+ at least to say...
The batsman blew it again - everyone knows that. But with all due respect mate, the 'real problem' is that the bowlers (and fielders) failed to defend 48 runs off the last 4 overs. The real problem is that Mashrafee could not step up in the 41st, the 43rd and the 50th overs when given the opportunity. The real problem is that Shahadat failed to stem the flow of runs in the 47th and 49th overs when given the opportunity. So then think for a moment - say we had we scored 250+ (as we should have), who's to say our bowlers, on that day anyway, would have defended that total?

and yes.. Mashree lost it in the end... so what??? why full toss?? no answer..its just our bad luck... there cant be any other explanation behind it...
Bad luck? Or yet another instance where this individual has crumbled under pressure?

but dont jump on the bandwagon and say Mashree has taken a bribe.. even if u dont mean it,which im sure u didnt.. still its unfair on a player who always gives his 110 percent for his team, for his country...
I don't think anyone seriously believed he 'took a bribe'. He genuinely had a bad day (which is worse for us if you really think about it). And your right - this isn't the first, and it certainly won't be the last time a bowler will choke. I recall watching Michael Kasprowicz concede a similar number of runs in the penultimate over of the 1st ODI vs NZ in Melbourne in 2004 to practically hand NZ the game. My mates and I had a giggle about it on the way home.

But look, mate, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but really, Mash's (and Rafique's for that matter) performance last night just wasn't up to scratch. Simple as that. Yes, he is entitled to the odd bad day. But the problem here is, Mash is making a habit of leaking runs at the death and to be honest, it's something he's made more than enough time to rectify. But at least this time Management will take notice. And I hope Mash does recieve some special attention to attend to this flaw in his game. We all know how lethal he can be at the start of an Innings. But if only he could do the same at the end of one!

ajithlalm
August 3, 2006, 07:39 AM
I think some of the Bangladesh players are not too much mentally strong. They certainly are getting panic and anxiety in stressed situation. I may be right and may be wrong.

The Bangladesh batsman are failing to get single and twos in the middle overs. Then they just scoop up the bowl in the air or goes for a rash shot. I always believe in getting 3 to 4 singles in a every over. The next game onwards the Bangladesh batsman should find more gaps and should not place bowl right to the fielders. Second they should know where they wanted to put the bad bowls or loose deliveries and should know where the fielders are.

Bangladesh bowlers missed a trick or two. They should have gone for more line and length. They should mix slow bowls in the middle especially fasts bowlers. I think there were lots of loose low full tose. The should never panic in the situation especially the last over, the language of the bowler showed he lost the battle ever before the last bowl is bowled.

A word or two.. screaming in the middle, showing aggression(should not be too much) by the fast bowlers should be there to show that they should be top.

Looking for better performance in the last game.

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 07:46 AM
someone accused me for 'accusing' mashrafee for taking bribe. I did not accuse, I'm pondering about a possibility. what else, tell me, what else would led a bowler to bowl 4 fulltoss + a wide on the final over. nervousness? he is not the kid playing his first ever first class game. that explanation just doesn't make any sense. I'm looking for a better explanation.

about looking for better performance in last 2 games, keep dreaming. that over would take the confidence of zimbos skyhigh and bd's ocean low. there is no way, they will win one more game in zimbo. it even makes me worried about kenya tour.
the best thing that can happen is kenayan board failing to raise the money needed to host the series. we'll avoid some humiliation.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 08:05 AM
But look, mate, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but really, Mash's (and Rafique's for that matter) performance last night just wasn't up to scratch. Simple as that. Yes, he is entitled to the odd bad day. But the problem here is, Mash is making a habit of leaking runs at the death and to be honest, it's something he's made more than enough time to rectify. But at least this time Management will take notice. And I hope Mash does recieve some special attention to attend to this flaw in his game. We all know how lethal he can be at the start of an Innings. But if only he could do the same at the end of one!

there u go mate... management will notice..
management should hv noticed such things after the SL game when he gave away 73 run in last 3 overs after giving only 7 in his first 7 overs... and management should hv used resources to rectify it earlier..if thats the case, then dont blame Mashree, blame the managment...

may be he needs counselling or mental-strenghtning therapy to make his mentally stronger to bowl in the slog overs. but at the same time, Mash knows that he is the top bowler of the team, so it always gets upto him. yah.. i know what u r thinking..
"if he knows that ..why wasnt he prepared...??"
no matter how u prepare for such things in the net, its never the same till u actually r in the field in the middle of the heat. u only learn from ur mistakes..this was certainly the first case of Mashree trying to defend 17 runs in the last over...and he just succombed to the pressure..it happens to best of us...
example from a diff sport if i may... remember how Roberto Bazzio missed the last penalty in WC94??? chances r ur best player does get the pressure more than the rest of the team, and succombs to it...

he was tryin to bowl yorkers, a text book delivery in such situation. im sure he practised it million times in the net and got it right... but unfortunately for us, not during this time... and that would sharpen his nerves to turn them to steel for the following games to come...

some of u might say ..why didnt Pilot used him earlier given his track record..but mate... who wud he have given the ball...?? either way..then same ppl would hv said why did Pilot finished Mashree earlier when he is our best bowler???

see...?? there is no win win situation..its win-lose..and this time..we lost...
hope the players learns frm the mistake and next time it wud be our turn to win..

gatekeeper
August 3, 2006, 08:12 AM
Lets face it. we are simply not very good. If we can lose 2 out of three matches against a third string side of a mediocre team after five years of test cicket then we are not good enough. The blame game can continue forever but the facts are facts.

istiak
August 3, 2006, 08:19 AM
Lot of people here are mentioning that Mash was trying for Yorkers which became full tosses, but mate when he saw Yorkers are not coming he could try others like slower or a bit short pitch rising on the stump (not a short and wide) which could be difficult to hit for six any way.

He is playing for some years now and should know how to bowl in slog overs, if he failed to learn so I must say sorry to him.

I am still convinced Pilot made the mistake by not using Reza of his full quota. He was the best Bangladeshi pacer yesterday. Pilot had no clue what he should do in the field.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 08:25 AM
guys..all of u hv a valid point..im not denying that..
but AFAIK, im not gonna desert one of the best and my fav player in the team just because he had a reaallly reallly bad day...
i hv never seen any lack of commitment or hard work from him so far...
and till the day i see that..i'll stand by him in his sad days..
after all,,its a sad day for all of us.

Zobair
August 3, 2006, 08:49 AM
very disappointing thread! to cast aspersions...sitting in front of a computer...so easy! it was a collective failure...catches were dropped at crucial times in the last few games as well...zimbos have also been lucky...tight decisions, lbws, wides and runouts have all gone in their favour! As for me, bitter as it feels at this loss...it remains just a game...Mashrafee remains my favourite pace bowler...he has taken some great catches at the death (the one against australia was an aberration in my book and not the easiest of catches....I dont remember him dropping another as far as I remember and Masri has taken a lot of catches in the outfield at the death under pressure! Rafique dropped one yesterday under pressure...in my book he dropped the match right there...went for quite a few runs...JO dropped a crucial catch too....for such old pros who have played for ions those drops were inexcusable...I have never doubted that Masri always gives his best...is 100% committed to his game..the guy has come back for several career threatening injuries...he was overbowled...and he did so unselfishly at a time when we had no one else we could turn to...who could save our face and dignity in test cricket...he deserves better...I wish people would stick to questing ability rather than their character and their intentions without any shred of proof because that is just not cricket!

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 09:36 AM
very disappointing thread! to cast aspersions...sitting in front of a computer...so easy! it was a collective failure...catches were dropped at crucial times in the last few games as well...zimbos have also been lucky...tight decisions, lbws, wides and runouts have all gone in their favour! As for me, bitter as it feels at this loss...it remains just a game...Mashrafee remains my favourite pace bowler...he has taken some great catches at the death (the one against australia was an aberration in my book and not the easiest of catches....I dont remember him dropping another as far as I remember and Masri has taken a lot of catches in the outfield at the death under pressure! Rafique dropped one yesterday under pressure...in my book he dropped the match right there...went for quite a few runs...JO dropped a crucial catch too....for such old pros who have played for ions those drops were inexcusable...I have never doubted that Masri always gives his best...is 100% committed to his game..the guy has come back for several career threatening injuries...he was overbowled...and he did so unselfishly at a time when we had no one else we could turn to...who could save our face and dignity in test cricket...he deserves better...I wish people would stick to questing ability rather than their character and their intentions without any shred of proof because that is just not cricket!

Now you r talking...

Yes the ump made some stupid decision that went for zimbo ...

User Name
August 3, 2006, 09:47 AM
These morons who think that Mortaza has taken bribe - don't know how harmful the thought is. It is harmful for the players, the fans, our cricketing culture and the nation. guys like Mortaza give their soul out for the country and in return they get these kinds of taunting from a premier Bangladeshi Cricket website!!!

this is self destruction.

Mortaza had just one bad day -- and these banglacricket morons are making the vile comments.

(I'm using the word moron - because I can't find any other word for people who can think only according to their emotions and without using any brain)

Please ban the user Rubu - who started it and repeatedly stood by his stupidity. It will be good for our future.

Mr-Cricket
August 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Please ban the user Rubu - who started it and repeatedly stood by his stupidity. It will be good for our future.
Ban Rubu? A BC veteran with 4,849 posts to his name? Good luck with that! ;)

Anyways, I think you're overreacting here. Go back and read all the posts again.

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 10:17 AM

we don't want to ban anyone. we all have our rights to say anything, this right doesn't mean that you can call any members Moron. this word can be used for our cricketers only, specially Javed Omar.

I know you like mashrafee like we all do. but you just can take on an user for just expressing his thoughts

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 10:25 AM
Ok, finally I found the missing link. Mashrafee does not speak good english, at least not good enough to make such a deal. So, there had to be someone who speaks both bangla and english to be the middle man. I think we found that person. His username is still unknown to as, but we have a member who used to be sharlock Holmes before (SMHasan). So, we will officially appoint him to find out this middle man. once we get that. the rest will be easy.

:)

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 10:28 AM
I went throu all three odi commentary, and this is what i found

20.4 Farhad Reza to Masakadza, no run, another slower delivery, this time full and on the stumps, Masakadza drives straight and Reza gets a touch on it, very close to a run out at the other end as the ball rebounded past the stumps

that was the only slower that was bowled by BD bowler if i am not wrong. why the don't try that. may be they can't think of that.

there was no slower from our pacers delivery in 1st and 2nd odi

but zimbawean pacers all tried to bowl slowers, they were effective and they got ashraful in 1st match, aftab on 3rd.

so our bowlers should think of that

Miraz
August 3, 2006, 10:31 AM
IMO, Pilot was the person to settle the deal and advised to bowl Mashrafee according his plan (He discussed with mashrafee before and during the final over)

Making such deal is nothing new to Pilot.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 10:36 AM
UserName..take it easy mate...
go and have a ishub gul... its gonna be allright

SMHasan
August 3, 2006, 10:42 AM
Ok, finally I found the missing link. Mashrafee does not speak good english, at least not good enough to make such a deal. So, there had to be someone who speaks both bangla and english to be the middle man. I think we found that person. His username is still unknown to as, but we have a member who used to be sharlock Holmes before (SMHasan). So, we will officially appoint him to find out this middle man. once we get that. the rest will be easy.

:)

Nice idea Rubu bhai and I got a chance to earn some money even though I am retired.:lol:

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 10:58 AM
Ban Rubu? A BC veteran with 4,849 posts to his name? Good luck with that! ;)

Javed Omar has been in the Bangladesh for ages but really needs to dropped for the betterment of the Bangladesh team. Maybe 'User Name' was thinking on those lines, and was proposing it for the betterment of BC.

But a ban is too much, a week long suspension would be harsh enough to make him realize the stupidity in associating Mashrafe with bribes.

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 11:02 AM

Mortaza had just one bad day -- and these banglacricket morons are making the vile comments.

I under stand your rage ....

Kintu Bhaizan.... if you start using the these kind of words, thrust me you will be banned sooner than Rubu. Therefore please be considerate, beacuse we don't want anyone to get banned, both of you are genuine BD cricket fans, just that different view point.

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
thrust me you will be banned sooner than Rubu.

thrust you? why?

its not just Rubu. No one should be called Moron except for javed omar

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 12:43 PM
I felt that way too.. but honestly..who do u think bribed him anyway? Andy that comes to our site or that chick who nuts over a win? Honestly.. I stayed in South Africa for 2 years.. I know the cricket love in Africa.

Spitfire_x86
August 3, 2006, 12:50 PM
This idea is just as stupid as the thread title

Thunder
August 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
After that drop catch against australia and now losing a match almost single handedly, it will be really hard for our best ever pacer to even survive. Lets not forget what he did for us in the past and should support him as long as he is in the team..

and to ban Rubu.. thats really funny

is there anybody noticed the two words just down to his name? because nobody mentioned about it!!!! he is a banglacricket staff.. !!!
so who should be thinking of to be banned now???

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 01:28 PM
I saw RUBU giving money to mashrafi....Ban him Ban Him I want blood in this thread ban all old guys..opppssssss that's me too dang

al Furqaan
August 3, 2006, 08:15 PM
i don't agree with even entertaining the possibility that masri took money...

however, i see where rubu bhai is coming from...how else can you explain a loss when u can give up even 15 runs in the LAST OVER and still win.

Beamer
August 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
Did anyone read todays Prothom-alo? Astonishing revelation by Mashrafee ! he had a vision that he will fail! he claims to had visions of earlier mishaps in his life that he dreamt and it beacme true later on. For example, he mentions that when he was in fith grade he dreamt that he will fall from a third story building, and he fell eventually from the third floor and survived ? ( does he have bad luck with his health or what? ). also, he says he knew he would get sick that involved his eyes and claimed that came true as well later on. He says he had the same vision before that final over and told himself, " ami parbo na azke" , but he couldn't tell Mashud for obvious reasons...I am beginning to get scared with his mental health..

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 10:21 PM
some crap.. dont believe in it.. another excuse? I love him but he doesn't need to come with silly excuses..

Mr-Cricket
August 3, 2006, 10:33 PM

What does this mean? This means that he will continue to be a great bowler for BD - as long as he stays healthy - but he should not be put in the pressure situations such as bowling in the death.
Did anyone read todays Prothom-alo?

He says he had the same vision before that final over and told himself, " ami parbo na azke" , but he couldn't tell Mashud for obvious reasons...I am beginning to get scared with his mental health..
That's hilarious. The guys clearly a nut case. Either he really wasn't in the right frame of mind, or he's making up absurd stories now to save his skin. Either way, he's lost the plot. If he wasn't mentally fit enough to bowl the last over - why wouldn't he tell Mashud? I mean he's happy to tell anyone who'll listen after the loss, but couldn't bring himself to do so earlier in order to prevent the loss? Mashud could have brought on Reza to bowl the 50th over if Mashrafe had said something. Anyways, any player that allows 'visions' to take precedence over the belief in his abilities doesn't belong in this team. What disappoints me the most is that Mashrafee cannot even take responsibility over his poor performance.

What is 'Prothom-alo' anyway (is it a reliable source)?

PoorFan
August 3, 2006, 10:43 PM
Now what? hiding behind the word of 'bad feeling, bad luck, bad dream, bad day'? send this cry baby to his mother or Pubna. What the hell is that "ami parbo na azke", "falling from 3rd floor" and bla bla ... ? Who gives a damn how he felt ( before bowling ), what he dreamt or what happened in his personal life? All we care the JOB DONE that he has been given, if he fail we are ready to hear reasonable reason, NOT THAT CRAP! He should be seriously looking what exactly went wrong in that last over and find solution & work on that, instead showing deshi crappy emotions. Same stupid mentality that Ash shows here and there, very disappointing.

PoorFan
August 3, 2006, 10:47 PM
What disappoints me the most is that Mashrafee cannot even take responsibility over his poor performance.

Absolutely!very disappointing.:mad:

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 02:28 AM
Khaise Amamre... Ajke Ke Shopno Dheklo Parbe Na Parbe Na... Prothom Alo Kichu Janay Tanay Naki?

RedEx
August 4, 2006, 04:42 AM
Sadi this is not an unnecessary thread. He raised a good point, and has every reason to be upset so plz let 'em speak his mind. Dam I was so sure we were gonno whitewash Zim. Mash is too young to be a closer, but he will learn from his mistakes. I still think he is the best bowler we got. Does anyone know why on earth Syed Rasel is not with the team??

User Name
August 15, 2006, 02:57 PM
I cannot find any other reason for him constantly bowling full toss in final over and bowling wide.

specially on the final bowl, when he knows for sure that the batsman will go for a six, there is no way he can bowl like that, unless.......

unless, he has been bribed.

this is still the lowest of the low of fan behaviors. shame ! shame!! shame!!!

Ahmed_B
August 15, 2006, 03:18 PM
User name,
Try not to take every word in the world literally.. because they are not meant to be so. And it's time to move on from this topic and this thread also. Digging out a thread just to establish your stubborn comment again is not a very mature thing to do.

jabbar
August 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
*yawn*

Orion
August 15, 2006, 11:08 PM
why r we still having these conversations after the heroics of mash against Kenya. He totally deserved that man of the series award. It will give him a lot of confidence and a lot of money too.....he got like 2500 U.S dollars.....a lot of taka in BD

kalpurush
August 15, 2006, 11:42 PM
*yawn*

interesting!?

CricFanBD
August 16, 2006, 01:18 AM
These morons who think that Mortaza has taken bribe - don't know how harmful the thought is. It is harmful for the players, the fans, our cricketing culture and the nation. guys like Mortaza give their soul out for the country and in return they get these kinds of taunting from a premier Bangladeshi Cricket website!!!

(I'm using the word moron - because I can't find any other word for people who can think only according to their emotions and without using any brain)

What Rubu did? After giving an 18 runs including a huge 6 of last ball in the third ODI, anybody who has neutral observation power should raise this type of questions and other users can post their comment as usual---there is no sin for doing that.

But there is a sin: Call Moron to all the users and want to ban some one who has nearly 5000 posts in this forum.

Shame on you. :down:

HawkEye000
August 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
User name,
Try not to take every word in the world literally.. because they are not meant to be so. And it's time to move on from this topic and this thread also. Digging out a thread just to establish your stubborn comment again is not a very mature thing to do.

I guess it was also not a mature thing to associate Mashrafee with bribes for just bowling a bad over. It would have been okay if he had questioned Mashrafee's cricketing ability but questioning his character and ethics was way too much. Anyways as i said earlier emoions got the better of Rubu that day and it's not surprising as we as a race are quite emotional.

ASA
August 16, 2006, 03:00 AM
So now it's clear there's some bribe involved somewhere. Only that this time Mashrafee bribed the ENTIRE Kenyan troupe to lose three times to HIM so that he can whitewash everyone from every other award!!! Right?

PoorFan
August 16, 2006, 03:11 AM
Those you are still posting on this thread, I would advise you to read whole thread first, and know what it was all about. You may know something different than you reading form the title.

Fazal
August 16, 2006, 01:15 PM
So now it's clear there's some bribe involved somewhere. Only that this time Mashrafee bribed the ENTIRE Kenyan troupe to lose three times to HIM so that he can whitewash everyone from every other award!!! Right?

So the net financial gain by mashrafee is back to zero then?

cricket_dorshok
August 16, 2006, 01:36 PM
So the net financial gain by mashrafee is back to zero then?

So, three games against Kenya is equivalent to one game (18 runs in the last over!!!) against Zim!!! If so, then he has some gain from 3 Man of the match and man of the series. If not, then he needs to spend these MOM and MOS money for Kenyian!!!

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2006, 01:56 PM
Norail story!! (amar nana bari Norail'a)
People from there are mostly superficial. Some can see visions. Jin's are very much associated with that region. most of them did migrate from all around the country. Some jins were turned into crocs (a little south of Norail) who happen to live over 400 years (usually crocs live 100 years). These are not jokes. Believe in what Mash says. Believe in what prothomer alo says.

For BD team, Don't let Mash and shahadat bowl at the dying overs. Why include shahadat? Cause he kisses his locket everytime he starts bowling. Sign of also being superficial. So we have to have pacer friendly pitches and have Rasel in the team also. 3 pacers bowling their heart out.

Ban me!! I need to stay away from this site and concentrate on my upcoming audit.

Fazal
August 16, 2006, 02:03 PM
Why include shahadat? Cause he kisses his locket everytime he starts bowling.

But whose picture is there in his locket? If you have to say someting tell us in full details, don't just give us partial information.

... and what audit are you talking about? Are you being audited by IRS for not paying your tax?

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
But whose picture is there in his locket? If you have to say someting tell us in full details, don't just give us partial information.
It may be a tabij. part of a sura or aiatul kursi can't recognize from the video.

... and what audit are you talking about? Are you being audited by IRS for not paying your tax?
We state Govt people (federally funded posistions) get audited by you federal people each year.

I don't pay taxes, I get paid by the taxes people give.

zakirc
December 15, 2006, 08:11 AM
For all Mash Bashers, he is the highest wicket taker in ODIs for the calender year 2006. Read this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18216) for more details.

Hats off to Mortoza :) :flag:

Rihaad The Man
December 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
He was trying to bowl some yorker but didn't happen .

Fazal
December 15, 2006, 09:31 AM
Obviously he was bribed by his wife. He was given ultimatum, "Break the record or else...."

al Furqaan
December 15, 2006, 11:38 AM
It may be a tabij. part of a sura or aiatul kursi can't recognize from the video.

i thought i saw shahadat do that catholic "hail mary" cross thingy (a la vaas) before he started bowling...i must have seen wrong. did anyone else see this?

mhferdaus
December 15, 2006, 01:35 PM
i thought i saw shahadat do that catholic "hail mary" cross thingy (a la vaas) before he started bowling...i must have seen wrong. did anyone else see this?

?????????? are you sure you were not sleeping while you saw that Al-furqaan, cuz i remember you were saying polli geeti is shinit while sleeping too :D

zahid
December 15, 2006, 07:16 PM
He gets tired - end of story.

al Furqaan
December 15, 2006, 08:03 PM
?????????? are you sure you were not sleeping while you saw that Al-furqaan, cuz i remember you were saying polli geeti is shinit while sleeping too :D

maybe he was kissing his tabij or ayatul kursi locket...thats the thing i didn't get a good clean look and i was thinking "what the hell is shahadat doin?"

Rubu
December 16, 2006, 08:23 AM
For all Mash Bashers, he is the highest wicket taker in ODIs for the calender year 2006. Read this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18216) for more details.

Hats off to Mortoza :) :flag:

if that is a good enough reason, we should consider him playing the associate level permanently. just go ahead and have a look against which he got the wickets.

... and the way he is becoming more and more choker at the slog overs, that might not be a bad idea for the team as well.

Miraz
December 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well, according to Mashrafee, that famous over charged him for the success in 2006. He consciously want to remember the over so that he contribute more .. :)

Here's Mashrafee's interview with Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2006-12-24&nid=MzIxNQ==&fid=Ng==)

Hatebreed
December 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
Masri will bulldoze the Zombies!

al Furqaan
December 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
can anyone translate that interview please?

akabir77
December 24, 2006, 10:59 PM
Well, according to Mashrafee, that famous over charged him for the success in 2006. He consciously want to remember the over so that he contribute more .. :)

Here's Mashrafee's interview with Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2006-12-24&nid=MzIxNQ==&fid=Ng==)
link is not working. please post the article here if you can thanks