PDA

View Full Version : Javed, Rajin & Mashud

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 02:43 PM
We really cannot afford to play 3 batsmen (Javed, Rajin, Mashud) who have SR of ‘low to mid 50s’. It’s one of the reasons why we have been failing to score more than 250 against a substandard attack like Zimbabwe. I don’t know what is making Whatmore and co to select such negative teams.

Javed should have never been picked in the squad ahead of Mehrab and Nazmus. He is the type of batsman who even cannot get going even after he is settled.

In Mashud we have probably the worst wicket-keeper batsman of the world. Even Taylor is miles ahead of him and forget about the keepers of the other 8 test playing nations. I hope Mushfiqur develops as a batsman and give us our first real wicket keeper batsman.

As for Rajin, I don’t think he has a future in our ODI team. He is far too slow to play any match winning innings for Bangladesh. A scoring rate of mid 60s should be the minimum trequirement for a place in the ODI team. We have a better version of him in Mehrab who can be perfect player for the middle overs of an ODI and has the ability to come to the rescue when there is a collapse (his bowling is a plus).

By having these 3 in our eleven we would never get anything beyond 250 and Zimbabwe will always have a chance of chasing totals below 250.

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 02:47 PM
We really cannot afford to play 3 batsmen (Javed, Rajin, Mashud) who have SR of ‘low to mid 50s’. It’s one of the reasons why we have been failing to score more than 250 against a substandard attack like Zimbabwe. I don’t know what is making Whatmore and co to select such negative teams.

By having these 3 in our eleven we would never get anything beyond 250 and Zimbabwe will always have a chance of chasing totals below 250.

Amen.... akdom moner kothata bolechen.:up:

Spitfire_x86
August 2, 2006, 02:51 PM
Now in our team we have only Javed, Bashar and Pilot from the losers generation (Rafique is an exception). We can afford to have only Bashar in the team, and maybe Pilot for a while.

When the losers generation will be completely phased out, we will start becoming truly competitive against all teams and win by some distance against minnows.

SS
August 2, 2006, 02:56 PM
From losers more losers will born...
unless they change the way they play and think(including myself)
I feel like I am worst loser, I can barely type

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
According to my evaluation, there were four goats in this game and two of them were Golla and Rafique from old generation. Plus very dissapointed with Pilot's performace. Was partner in two run-outs, RR rate is too slow for ODI at any position. Looks like having hard time to rotate while batting.

akabir77
August 2, 2006, 03:11 PM
Since we r losing why not try all the all rounders (new one not kaplai again) and bring tusher... at least he will make 30...

Rubu
August 2, 2006, 03:31 PM
Masud is a wicket keeper batsman.

Rajin is a batsman and parttime bowler. not only that he can hit out.

JO is a opener (not a batsman or bowler or wicket keeper)

now, if you are to take off one of them, which one u would choose. hint hint hint.

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 04:30 PM
No offence to Rajin fans, he is a figher, I respect him....

but if I have a choice, I would take off all of them.
JO there is no argument.
Pilot he is too slow for ODI
Rajin same as Pilot. May be a little bit better, but not good enough.

Any top order batsman with less that 60-65% is not acceptable as a building block for the team.

Tigers_eye
August 2, 2006, 04:39 PM
Still no replacement for KM.

Rajin at least does something. When you have a favorable replacement then you can talk about. Not now. Whereas, with thousand of chances Ash, AA, TI, SN still hoves around 20 average. Get off Rajin's back. strick rate 1000 diye ki dhuiye khabo jodi 5 ball tiktey na parey? SN playing pulling down the legside down to the throat of Brett Lee, bhuley gasen? Same shot same result. Wow!! Ei niye ato nacha nachi apnader?

Thought JO was out of ODI team from the kenyan series. I don't what he did in the break but somehow convinced the Gadha selectors.

al Furqaan
August 2, 2006, 05:11 PM
rajin is decent...it will not hurt if you have 1 batsman scoring at SR of 50-60...rajin is our wall. plus you forget he is right up there with aftab as our primo fielder.

JO must go, from both ODI and test...but especially ODI squad.

KM we cannot replace...but i would like to try rahim...rahim's batting i think would be far superior to pilots

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 06:13 PM
Still no replacement for KM.
Get off Rajin's back. strick rate 1000 diye ki dhuiye khabo jodi 5 ball tiktey na parey? .

Hey this is my dream ... my dream team... my suggestion.... no room for getting off from anyone's back. Create your own dream team and add 11 Rajin into it as you wish...

" Baba Tomar Bangladeshe Koto Kola Chao
Kola Bagan Chash Koira Kosto Koira Khao Baba Re " DJ Sahastra

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 06:23 PM
we just need to get rid of javed for this moment. it was masud who got us out of trouble in 2nd odi. so what forhad reja and rafiq scored quickly in that match, pilot contributed in 2 big partnership. if we just could bat 50 overs, we might won today. if only rafiq could hold on to that catch, we might have won.

and i can garantee you that mushfiq will crack under pressure. and rajin played a decent knock today

Fazal
August 2, 2006, 06:29 PM
and i can garantee you that mushfiq will crack under pressure. and rajin played a decent knock today

No more garantees please... we have seen enough already... those 5-0 whitewash black washt whatever it is.

Just beacuse mufiq failed in last test doen't mean he will fail again. We also cannot garantee you that he will be successful also. We need to just try him out when there is a opportunity to see if he cracks or or what,

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
we failed today because of lack of competetive matches. our players always fail if we couldn't extablish a decent cricket structure. our national league isn't competetive enough. some of the national team players should have sent to zimbabwe to play for A team.

what should i say. i am shocked and still can't believe that we lost that match

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 07:25 PM
Rajin at least does something. When you have a favorable replacement then you can talk about. Not now. Whereas, with thousand of chances Ash, AA, TI, SN still hoves around 20 average. Get off Rajin's back. strick rate 1000 diye ki dhuiye khabo jodi 5 ball tiktey na parey? SN playing pulling down the legside down to the throat of Brett Lee, bhuley gasen? Same shot same result. Wow!! Ei niye ato nacha nachi apnader?

Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed averages more than Rajin Saleh. But that's not my point .

Just remember McInnes once said smth like this "If players like Aftab can give Bangladesh 30 now, in 5 yrs time he will give us 130". So average can go up as a player matures but SR is more of a stagnant thing.

Players like De Silva also had poor averages (average of just 22.63 in his first 39 matches) in the start of his career but his SR inidcated to the world that this is not another average lankan player. So the selectors persisited with him and got the result.

So what we have to do is select players with healthy SR who we know can give us an odd win here and there for now and ultimately makes those match-winning big scores in the future. Players like Rajin will never us the odd wins here and there now nor the match winning big scores in the future.

Just to give you an idea look at the scores of Ash and Aftab in the 3 match we won against India, Austarlia and Sri Lanka.

Ash - 28, 100, 51
Aftab - 67, 32*, 21*

So what we need is palyers of their mould who can give us a win in every 4 or 5 matches now and with time the win percentage would get even better.

Players like Rajin never gave us the odd win nor will will they ever turn into match winners in the ODI arena.

The Aftabs will make us lose 3 or 4 matches by 100 odd runs but then they will get us a victory. But if we persist with players like Rajin what we will get is 50 odd run defeats in all our matches but never a win. Choose whichever you like. * not talking abt matches against zimb & ken

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 07:29 PM
rajin is much more solid than javed. so if we have to stick with someone from those two, it must be rajin. cause javed omar sucks. and we don't have many options.

HawkEye000
August 2, 2006, 07:34 PM
rajin is decent...it will not hurt if you have 1 batsman scoring at SR of 50-60...rajin is our wall.

It's true that we need someone to be our wall but ideally it shouldn't be a batsman with a SR of 55.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
didn't he took 2 vital wickets.

SMHasan
August 2, 2006, 07:52 PM
Batting was bad its true but bowling and fielding was worse. Top order is not providing the runs so its a problem. Don't expect too much frm Masud. I Cant expect anything better from this old man. Those who starts well should continue scoring big ones but unfortunatley its not happening. We need to make sure we know our boundaries. Leave Javed out of the team. Useless. Can't do anything. Ball o korte parena sala. Masud was slow but again the limitation issue. Remember we could not even play full 50 overs so dont blame anyone for slow only. Its a matter of skill as well. We don't have the skill to play long innings. Need to build up this habbit. Need to know how to play one day cricket. Sadly we don't know how to take singles, how to rotate strikes.

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 08:05 PM
we lost cause we could bat 50 overs. what was shahriar nafees doings. scored a lazy 78 and then two bad innings. javed failed in 3 matches. aftab, rajin and ashraful played well but got out in within 30 overs. so it was out top orders who let us down

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 10:47 AM
rajin is much more solid than javed. so if we have to stick with someone from those two, it must be rajin. cause javed omar sucks. and we don't have many options.
We really need a solid batsman but not players like Rajin and javed with SR of below 60.

If Javed, Rajin and Mashud plays about 150 balls in every inning then they would just about score 80 runs. So just think how many runs the rest of the batsmen have to score with the remaining balls (150 balls) to put up a competitive total.

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 11:00 AM
I don't get it!

rajin gave two crutail break trough when no one esle has an answer. without those two wickets, the game would have been over before 40 overs. not only that he was the highest scorer of the team.

if bangladesh won, he would hvae been the man of the match. also, he did the exact thing needed when aftab was in his usual self of 'zimbo butcher'. after that he was not very defensive as well.

what is it in rajin that so many people do not like? is it his উচা দাত?

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 11:02 AM
tushar imran should have been included. cause he played against zimbabwe A in last month

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't get it!....
what is it in rajin that so many people do not like? is it his উচা দাত?
:D Thats one for sure. But he is also kind of shorty. He works too hard in practice than needed... create unnecessary pressure to other players... he doesn't have that devilish smile that Ashraful have.... he rearly scores 6s.... people think he is just another Gullu .... but less lalloo bollu figure (like javed of ChaCha)..with little more muscle.... thats raises the question does he take human growth hormon or what... how come he looks so fit and saome other don't? And how come he cannot hit 6 after 6? Is he for real or just a chicken? .... and then as he will start getting old....he will start fielding like Rafique dropping all those looppa catches... his leg will be thin.... hand will be loose ....will unable to score .... now he flirting with RR 50.... what happen few years from now?

See too many issues with Rajin.

pilot fan
August 3, 2006, 11:20 AM
oi lay of rajin he is our most consistant batsman after basher

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 12:38 PM
One of them is more than enough for any team.. I guess rajin can play opening with Shahreer.. I guess Canada or even USA wouldnt pick gulla or Pilot.

mac
August 3, 2006, 01:15 PM
Rajin can open.(Atleast better than JO). But he will be in real danger when Tamim and Mehrab jnr. mature. SN is still safe but not very far to cry for chances. No coment for JO and KM.

cricket_dorshok
August 3, 2006, 01:26 PM
I guess Canada or even USA wouldnt pick gulla or Pilot.

and Australia will pick Mushfiqur Rahim as his average is 240 in these test he played!!!!!

cricket_pagol
August 3, 2006, 01:28 PM
when rajin got out, the score board read: 5-179 (Rajin Saleh, 33.6 ov)<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr><td>This is a pretty healthy score... the failure of the lower order to launch an assault at the end cost us the game. Rajin played the perfect sheet anchor role and of course he should have carried on a bit longer.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

HawkEye000
August 4, 2006, 06:19 AM
jaak they did it again

~ 1 down, 2 more to go

~ Rajin made 7 out of 31 balls (if you don't include the 4 extra runs he got from that over throw), these kind of players will take us no where.

~ Pilot made 20 of 38 balls, even Mash did better than him scoring 23 of 28 deliveries. I dont know what makes people believe that he deserve a place in the ODI team.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 10:55 AM
--- Marhaba Marhaba.... Great job team. Our team captain said Batting is no problem, bowling is no problem, its the fielding thats killings.... great analysis Captan Shahab GREAT !!!!!