PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is to blame than that is pilot.

HereWeGo
August 2, 2006, 10:57 PM
Pilot was the reason Farhad reza, rafique got out. We were going on smoothly before pilot came to the crease. he decreased the run rate considerably. since he was not rotating the strike, Reza was forced to take a single even though the ball fell close to the feilder and was thus run out. Rafique was out stying to smash since runs werent coming at all with pilot on the other end. the pressure grew on him. the same can be said about mashrafee who got out LBW trying to improvise.

His worst mistake was taking Shahadat out of the attack right after his hattrick. I never heard of such a thing. even the commentrators were surprised by pilots move. For crying out loud pls don blame Mashrafee. he was just trying to bowl the bowl at the block holes. didnt work. It can happen. Low fool toches are still harder to hit than length balls. Give the batsmen(taylor) some credit. Pilot must be kicked out immediately.

Pls stop sayin that mashrafee took bribe. Thats not in him. he is not like our politicians. Don point your fingers at somebody without any proof. Its a disgrace to all you banglacricket members who thinks that way about a person who served our country for so long with all his heart. :mad:

kalpurush
August 2, 2006, 11:17 PM
Pilot is responsible thats for sure. He just killed the game...by making poor decisions!

shaoun
August 3, 2006, 12:42 AM
i think it was the entire team. shariar nafees got out in first ball. javed failed again, he should be dropped from odi side and maybe selectors could give mehrab jr a shot for kenya. then came rajin, i thought he played well. both in batting and also he took 2 wickets. good to see ashraful getting some runs. aftab scored runs but i think he was just being too agressive. the biggest problem was that the rest of the team didnt help top orders. they failed. our bowling was just bad. its not only masrafee or khaled mashud. we should have taken them out after rajibs hatrick. we failed to do that. but brandon taylor was the man today. he saved his team. he played a great innins for zimbabwe. now we just have to win next 2. we won 3 match back to back in bangladesh, i am very confident that we can win this series. because i honestly believe that we are alot better team then zimbabwe. if we play according to our ability we can beat this zimbabwe team with no trouble.

roaring tigerz
August 3, 2006, 01:46 AM
pilot just like javed omar and rajin would not make it to any semi decent one day team. but sadly, we still need him to do 'toka tuki' every other game due to our diarrhoea like collapses. so absolutely no alternative for him at the moment.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 02:40 AM
pilot is one of those unlucky guys who wud never win a match under his captaincy i guess.. there is a kufa on him.. i think..or how can we loose such a game??

well..hope he breaks his curse and wins the next game for us...inshallah

mac
August 3, 2006, 02:56 AM
Pilot was the reason Farhad reza, rafique got out. We were going on smoothly before pilot came to the crease. he decreased the run rate considerably. since he was not rotating the strike, Reza was forced to take a single even though the ball fell close to the feilder and was thus run out. Rafique was out stying to smash since runs werent coming at all with pilot on the other end. the pressure grew on him. the same can be said about mashrafee who got out LBW trying to improvise.

His worst mistake was taking Shahadat out of the attack right after his hattrick. I never heard of such a thing. even the commentrators were surprised by pilots move. For crying out loud pls don blame Mashrafee. he was just trying to bowl the bowl at the block holes. didnt work. It can happen. Low fool toches are still harder to hit than length balls. Give the batsmen(taylor) some credit. Pilot must be kicked out immediately.

Pls stop sayin that mashrafee took bribe. Thats not in him. he is not like our politicians. Don point your fingers at somebody without any proof. Its a disgrace to all you banglacricket members who thinks that way about a person who served our country for so long with all his heart. :mad:
bhai apne amar moner kotha tai bolsen.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 03:07 AM

bhai ...jodi Bangladesh Match ta jitto....tokhon ki apne Pilot ke credit diten.......credit to shei mashrafe kei....

Hoitoba pilot er dosh takte paray.....maanlam....but last over 19 runs deya ta from a bowler like Mash is totally unexpected and unacceptable.....

HereWeGo
August 3, 2006, 03:40 AM
bhai ...jodi Bangladesh Match ta jitto....tokhon ki apne Pilot ke credit diten.......credit to shei mashrafe kei....

Hoitoba pilot er dosh takte paray.....maanlam....but last over 19 runs deya ta from a bowler like Mash is totally unexpected and unacceptable.....

Bhai.. I am not praising Mashrafee for giving away 19 runs. But if u watched the game u wud definately be irritated with pilots game. He is the worst wicketkeeping batsmen amongst all the other teams playing Test cricket.

I never expected that Mashrafee wont be able to defend 16+ runs. But sayin things like he is bribed and the way all the national newspaper blamed mashrafee, it seems that he is the main culprit. which aint true.

U don take out a bowler right after he has gotten a hattrick. And u don score 11 in 32 bowls being a batsmen and against an attack like Zimbos. Bujhlen. Even razzaq batted better.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 04:03 AM
Bhai.. I am not praising Mashrafee for giving away 19 runs. But if u watched the game u wud definately be irritated with pilots game. He is the worst wicketkeeping batsmen amongst all the other teams playing Test cricket.

I never expected that Mashrafee wont be able to defend 16+ runs. But sayin things like he is bribed and the way all the national newspaper blamed mashrafee, it seems that he is the main culprit. which aint true.

U don take out a bowler right after he has gotten a hattrick. And u don score 11 in 32 bowls being a batsmen and against an attack like Zimbos. Bujhlen. Even razzaq batted better.

jotoi gali den........Mashrafe ekhon ekta experienced bowler ...tar uchit hoi nai 19 runs deyata.......

CricFanBD
August 3, 2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah Pilot's Captaincy was really poor but at the end Mashrafi killed the game, nobody else.
All Credit(!) goes to Mashrafi...

HereWeGo
August 3, 2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah Pilot's Captaincy was really poor but at the end Mashrafi killed the game, nobody else.
All Credit(!) goes to Mashrafi...

Pilots captaincy along with his BATTING was unbelievably poor. If it wasnt for pilot we could have easily scored another 30 runs. Now surely no one can score 49 in Mashrafees over unless u are adamant about him being a worst bowler than even I.

anakwalajinn
August 3, 2006, 04:32 AM
Erm... you can't blame one player for a loss..
Even we don't blame only Salman Butt for getting out the same ball on 0 every time for the loss! :(

cricket_dorshok
August 3, 2006, 04:43 AM
He is the worst wicketkeeping batsmen amongst all the other teams playing Test cricket.

Bhai, not only we have worst wktkeeping batsman, but also we have worst players in every positions among all test nation countrys. Like worst opening pair (don't need explain abt JO, S.Nafis who plays pull short very first ball he faces in the innings). Aftab plays like 20twenty game despite two early wkt falls, our main strike bowler goves 19 run in the final over and many more. so, its not to blame Pilot or Mash, its to blame whole team for their famous(!) consistant inconsistency and irresposibility.

shupantho
August 3, 2006, 05:14 AM
Mashi is the best, you cant blame him just for one game, think what he did for bd team in past. I agree if someone has to blame that is pilot, he shouldn't take out rajeeb after the hatrick.

HereWeGo
August 3, 2006, 05:18 AM
Bhai, not only we have worst wktkeeping batsman, but also we have worst players in every positions among all test nation countrys. Like worst opening pair (don't need explain abt JO, S.Nafis who plays pull short very first ball he faces in the innings). Aftab plays like 20twenty game despite two early wkt falls, our main strike bowler goves 19 run in the final over and many more. so, its not to blame Pilot or Mash, its to blame whole team for their famous(!) consistant inconsistency and irresposibility.

Well First of all
why play Pilot when u have someone better(mushfique) at your disposal
secondly
Aftab, Ashraful, Nafees, shahadat, Rafiq and Mashrafee( Yes Mashrafee the guy who gave away 19 runs) are players who are good enough to play international cricket and has performed credibly against lots of oppositions. I am sure that they cannot be the worst at their respective jobs.
Surely our fast bowlers are in par or better than SreeSanth, Scott styris, Umar gul, farveez maharoof etc. Nafees is better than the missing Indian Opener ( the guy partnering sehwag), Upul tharanga( scored well against england courtesy lots of drop catches), Dipennar( finally dropped) etc. Rafiq is only second to Vettori when it comes to left arm spin ( penasar can contest for that). Aftab is one of the coolest finishers in modren game (ask Gillespie or Jayaverdena). Ashraful.... well....i myself am getting frustated abt him actually.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 05:29 AM
Well First of all
why play Pilot when u have someone better(mushfique) at your disposal

really....

Mushfiq er shatay pilot er tulona korlen....... ki r bolbo.........bollen bollen ...bolte takan...

Miraz
August 3, 2006, 06:13 AM
Pilot made worst captaincy mistakes. He took off Shahadat just after the hattrick over and really made poor bowling change at the end.

I have every doubt in Pilots approach and captaincy.

He should be sacked immediately.

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 08:25 AM
ALL player over 30 should be dropped as a SHASTI for the last game

madash
August 3, 2006, 08:29 AM
pilot just like javed omar and rajin would not make it to any semi decent one day team. but sadly, we still need him to do 'toka tuki' every other game due to our diarrhoea like collapses. so absolutely no alternative for him at the moment.

how do they (mainly JO) bring back the order if THEY are the first ones to fall?
for the last year or so (apart from the kenya series) JO is the one that collapsed and not the one that balanced out the equation....

cricket_dorshok
August 3, 2006, 08:32 AM
ALL player over 30 should be dropped as a SHASTI for the last game

or all players who have been playing in BD team for over five years!! lol.

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 08:34 AM
উদর পিন্ডি বুধোর ঘাড়ে।

do not know where the proverb came from, but seems very true. forget everything, even if they were not out and we had 285, it still won't matter if you give away 4 fulltoss + a winde on the final over. period.

cricket_dorshok
August 3, 2006, 08:42 AM
Pilot made worst captaincy mistakes. He took off Shahadat just after the hattrick over and really made poor bowling change at the end.

I have every doubt in Pilots approach and captaincy.

He should be sacked immediately.

I didn't get why Pilot should be sacked :

1. For not continuing Rajib just after his hattrick over
or
2. poor bowling change at the end
or
3. your doubt in his approach and captaincy ( though u didn't explain clearly about your doubt, in other thread peoples are doubting about taking Mas's bribes for yesterday's debacle).

don't take it peronally mate. i'm just making fun!!!!

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 08:48 AM
It all depends how you see it, whether in a microscope or from 25 feet above or from the Moon. Thats why you are getting different conclusion, which are all ok, beacuse we all have our own bounday while analysing the issue.

Very High Level:
The slectors are at fault for this defeat

From High Level:
Its the bastsman who are at fault for not giving a more competative score in the 260-270 range. Bowler soemhow almost saved the team rear but failed at the last moment. So they failed to be the hero, they shouldn't be the main culprit.

Moderate Level:
Its Pilot's fault. As a captain he failed so lead by example. At one time bangladesh was 200/5 in 40 overs (or something like that). You would expect BD to score atleast 50-60 runs. There was 2 run outs both involving Pilot. Also his RR was miserable by any ODI standard. Plus questionable bowler rotation. For exmaple Mashrafee was never known to bowl well in the last few overs. How about Reza. He was under used. He was bowling pretty well before his 7th over. Why not bring him again after a break in the 42-46 over range to see how he does?

Microscopic Level:
Its Mashrafee's fault. Because of his last four full tosses ball.

So pick up your level of observation, and stop redecule other people's opinion, because most of them are right. Only that they are looking at different angle.Plus when a team fails, usually there are more than one culprit who is responsible.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 08:59 AM
KILL PILOT......he doesn;t have the right to live on this earth.....

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 09:00 AM
It all depends how you see it, whether in a microscope or from 25 feet above or from the Moon. Thats why you are getting different conclusion, which are all ok, beacuse we all have our own bounday while analysing the issue.

Very High Level:
The slectors are at fault for this defeat

From High Level:
Its the bastsman who are at fault for not giving a more competative score in the 260-270 range. Bowler soemhow almost saved the team rear but failed at the last moment. So they failed to be the hero, they shouldn't be the main culprit.

Moderate Level:
Its Pilot's fault. As a captain he failed so lead by example. At one time bangladesh was 200/5 in 40 overs (or something like that). You would expect BD to score atleast 50-60 runs. There was 2 run outs both involving Pilot. Also his RR was miserable by any ODI standard. Plus questionable bowler rotation. For exmaple Mashrafee was never known to bowl well in the last few overs. How about Reza. He was under used. He was bowling pretty well before his 7th over. Why not bring him again after a break in the 42-46 over range to see how he does?

Microscopic Level:
Its Mashrafee's fault. Because of his last four full tosses ball.

So pick up your level of observation, and stop redecule other people's opinion, because most of them are right. Only that they are looking at different angle.Plus when a team fails, usually there are more than one culprit who is responsible.

Ultra Microscopic Level:
Its Tareq Rahman's Fault......

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 09:11 AM
আধ্যাতিক লেভল:
এইডা হইলা গা আল্লার ইচ্ছা। উনার ইচ্ছা ছাড়া গাছের একটা পাতাও নড়েনা।.......

কিন্তু আসলে এইগুলা সবই ফ্যানদের দোষ। আমার যদি এইসব নিয়া মাথা না ঘামাইতাম তাইলে তো আমরা জানতামই না যে ওরা হারছে।
what does that has to do with anything: if a dog burks in the jungle and no one hear will he still be a bad dog? depends on what side you stand on this debate.

Tigers_eye
August 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
For those who are faulting Pilot for not letting Reza to bowl or not finishing Shahadat's quota after the hattrick answer the following things for me, please.

You wanted to Shahadat to finish off the overs then who would bowl the dying overs? Reza? The boy is too inexperienced to bowl in the death overs. This is his 2nd ODI. Why put so much pressure on him? If he (Pilot) had done that and still lost then the you would scream even louder. Or did you wanted Rafique to finish off? That would be silly.

Bottom line, Shahadat and Mash gave away too many runs. Those are your best choices to finish off a game. We just lost it. If one can't protect 20 + run a ball in the last 4 overs then the majority of the blame for the match would fall on the bowlers shoulder.

On Pilot's slow batting: one can't complain of slow batting when you get allout with 5 balls remaining. if he had tried to uptempo then you would see a lower total with 15/20 balls remaining. Wound you want that? Another one here, Rafique's fine batting innings. How about the strong Mash's batting. Why would Pilot take the blame by himself? We are all angry here because of the result. That does not justify to pinpoint blame only to one when the whole team failed?

Runouts: That is part of the game. If you want to say it is Pilot's fault I can't argue on that cause I didn't see those outs. But there are other incidents that may have similar or higher significance during the match. For instance, Rafique's sitter on Shahadat's ball. Shahadat was furious. The next ball was short and went for four. Another one, SN's first ball duck. If this was the first incident or manner of his out I wouldn't have faulted him. But he got out in same fashion in other matches. In criminalogy it is called Multiple offender / habitual offender. The punishment for these people are higher than normal one timers.

As for those, who think Pilot is at the same level at Gilly and Sangarkara then you are in a dream world. There are only two like that and they play at the top order. Dhoni enjoys a top order that we can only dream off. Don't compare Mushfiq with Pilot yet. he is no where near him.

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 09:41 AM

exactly. thats what i wanted to say. aftab can't last 50 balls. ashraful is ready to go. golla & nafees didn't give us a solid start. rajin is too slow. but our bolwers are ok except they are very poor in death overs

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 10:35 AM
As long as we have Rajin, Javed and Mashud, we will always find it tough to win matches againt Zimb too inspite of having quality bowlers like Mash and Shahadat. Our new ball attack has never been this good. It's good that we dont have bowlers like Hasibul and Tapash anymore who used to go for 6 runs an over. We are going to have more chances of winning the day we can replace Rajin, Javed and Mashud with batsmen who scores at a decent rate.

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 10:37 AM
really....

Mushfiq er shatay pilot er tulona korlen....... ki r bolbo.........bollen bollen ...bolte takan...

As a keeper Mashud is better thah Mushfiqur at this point of time but things can change in a few years time. But as a batsman Mushfiqur is a lot better than Mashud even now.

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 10:48 AM
On Pilot's slow batting: one can't complain of slow batting when you get allout with 5 balls remaining. if he had tried to uptempo then you would see a lower total with 15/20 balls remaining. Wound you want that?

Yes I can complain about Pilot's slow RR. He is one of the most experienced player. Before him the RR was OK. Now I know we got all out with 5 balls remaining. But that was due to pilot's slow RR created lot of undue pressure to lower orders including Rafique, Mashrafee and Razzak. They try to over compensate the damage Pilot did to the RR and therfore they were out quickly (except for Razzak)

And yes I would rather take a risk of a lower total with 15/20 balls remaining if I can increase the potential of scoring 20+ more runs that Pilot didn't scored. With a total of 235 runs, we lost a game in 49th over. by getting all out 15 more balls earlier, we would have lost the game in the 47th over. Does it make any difference?

By any means 235 runs no nolonger a fighting score for ODI.With this score, You only win, when we are only very very luck.

sadi
August 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
inspite of having quality bowlers like Mash

:eek: :-/ :lol:

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 11:03 AM
:eek: :-/ :lol:

It is true that Mash and Shahdat are the best fast bowler that Bangladesh ever produced. One bad game doesn't make Mash a bad bowler. Get that !!!

The truth is without Mash and Shahadat we would be back to the situation when every team would score over 300 against us. Rememeber the days how the Hasibul, Tapash and co used to be hit around the park from the word go.

sadi
August 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
It is true that Mash and Shahdat are the best fast bowler that Bangladesh ever produced. One bad game doesn't make Mash a bad bowler. Get that !!!

I know they are quite good... its just not a good day to say it... thats all... don't take everyhting so seriously :)

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 11:08 AM
As a keeper Mashud is better thah Mushfiqur at this point of time but things can change in a few years time. But as a batsman Mushfiqur is a lot better than Mashud even now.

please please bhai.......Musfiq er body te ekhono ekta Haddi o nai.....ei chele ekhono jonmai nai....dont kill him before his birth.....erokom onek onek player er mritoo gotse.....just kisu premature decision neyar jonno....players like...Sejan, Tariq Aziz, Talha Zubair....aro besh onek players paben jara ....shesh......tader career ta shesh hoye ggesay.....Ei bhabe Musfiq ke mairen na....Apnar mone ase naki jani na Anwar Hossain.....where is Anwar HOssain.??? Keu ki tar khobor rakhen?.....u dont cuz he is finished....just becoz of his premature debut.....

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 11:09 AM
Rememeber the days how the Hasibul, Tapash and co used to be hit around the park from the word go.

Those were the days. Hasibul was a nightmare and he was our best bowler at that time

sadi
August 3, 2006, 11:12 AM

How do you know? He didn't even play a odi yet. Ofcourse he has potential but noone knows what he is capable of in international level yet for sure. He is not here to replace Pilot but to gather experience from him. If someone thinks Pilot is slow, send him later. Let Mashrafee or Rafique go up the order and score some quick runs. Mushfiq for Pilot is not an option.

Spitfire_x86
August 3, 2006, 11:14 AM
By any means 235 runs no nolonger a fighting score for ODI.With this score, You only win, when we are only very very luck.
Exactly. Shahadat's hattrick was going to make the difference, but if it hadn't happened Zimbabwe could've won more comfortably. And if they had someone better than Duffin as opener, then chasing this target would be a matter of playing out the overs.

Let's not forget that we are playing against a poor batting side. In the ICC Champions trophy, our opponent would be Srilanka (who broke SA's highest ODI score record few weeks ago) and West Indies. Gayle/Jayasuria and Sibanda/Rinke/Duffin is not the same thing.

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 11:19 AM
please please bhai.......Musfiq er body te ekhono ekta Haddi o nai.....ei chele ekhono jonmai nai....dont kill him before his birth.....erokom onek onek player er mritoo gotse.....just kisu premature decision neyar jonno....players like...Sejan, Tariq Aziz, Talha Zubair....aro besh onek players paben jara ....shesh......tader career ta shesh hoye ggesay.....Ei bhabe Musfiq ke mairen na....Apnar mone ase naki jani na Anwar Hossain.....where is Anwar HOssain.??? Keu ki tar khobor rakhen?.....u dont cuz he is finished....just becoz of his premature debut.....

What I was saying in that post was Mushfiqur is a better batsman than Mashud.

ore khelano uchit naki na eta er positive ar negative dik ase....but remember international cricket is the best school to learn cricket....many players like scahin & de silva learnt it here....anyways judi we r against exposing player to the international arena at such young age....it would have been better off if Saqib and Mushfiqur stayed back and trained with the acedemy boys ....and then went on to tour pakistan with the academy team.....ekhane 5 start hotel e boisha boisha thaka er chaiy pakistan ay giya match guli khellay oder bhaloiy hoito....I really feel for Saqib and Mushfiq....ekhanao kheltay parlo na abar pakistan er tour tao miss kortasay

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 11:32 AM
What I was saying in that post was Mushfiqur is a better batsman than Mashud.

ore khelano uchit naki na eta er positive ar negative dik ase....but remember international cricket is the best school to learn cricket....many players like scahin & de silva learnt it here....anyways judi we r against exposing player to the international arena at such young age....it would have been better off if Saqib and Mushfiqur stayed back and trained with the acedemy boys ....and then went on to tour pakistan with the academy team.....ekhane 5 start hotel e boisha boisha thaka er chaiy pakistan ay giya match guli khellay oder bhaloiy hoito....I really feel for Saqib and Mushfiq....ekhanao kheltay parlo na abar pakistan er tour tao miss kortasay

bhai.....ami jader kotha bollam...tader ke to..exposes kora hoisilo....ki hoisilo na?....Result ta ki apne dekte paisen?...ami ashole boltesi...hotath kore Musfiq ke ei bhabhe pressure falanor dorkar ta ki?..... Musfiq team e ase....team er shataay takkhuk...Different A team er tour hocche....let him play there.....even ei tour ei to khelte parto...jodi BD team er ei korun dosha na hoito.....Apne ki mone koren Mushfiq e kalker match e namai dile musfiq 100 Maira dibe?....Duniya ki atoi shoja.....??? Mushfiq ekta khub talented player and may be the future captain....and ami ei karonei boltesi...dont expose him to any pressure situation match like tomorrows one.....dekben match e hoitoba karap korbe ...shobai tokhon ulta kotha bola shuru korbe.....er por dekben team theke Mushfiq e baad diye dibe.....then return back korar scope kome jaba.....

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 11:34 AM
How do you know? He didn't even play a odi yet. Ofcourse he has potential but noone knows what he is capable of in international level yet for sure. He is not here to replace Pilot but to gather experience from him. If someone thinks Pilot is slow, send him later. Let Mashrafee or Rafique go up the order and score some quick runs. Mushfiq for Pilot is not an option.

The first thing is Mashud is an arrogant fella who is not in the mood to give Mushfiq a helping hand. He never even once acknowledged that Mushfiqur is the one for the future. He is too busy protecting his place in the team. So I don’t think Mushfiq ‘learning or gaining experience from Mashud’ will ever happen. It seems like the chances of Mushfiq playing is really slim, so don’t you he would have been better off training with the academy boys and then going to Pakistan with them.

As for Mashud coming later, when??? The later he comes, the more aggressive batting the team gonna need from him which Mashud is totally incapable of.

And personally after watching them both bat, I think that Mushfiqur is a better batsman then Mashud now. But whether we should expose him to international arena now is a matter of another debate.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 11:39 AM
The first thing is Mashud is an arrogant fella .

Masud arrogant???....tai naki???.....jantam na......

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
Masud arrogant???....tai naki???.....jantam na......

The way he reacted about Mushfiqur’s inclusion was disgusting. Not once did he say anything about Mushfiqur. Not once did he acknowledge that Mushfiq is the one for the future or talked about him helping out Mushfiq. He was busy saying how good he was and no one is as good as him. I don’t think he is gonna help Mushfiq and for that that matter any other promising keepers till he officially retires.

sadi
August 3, 2006, 12:16 PM
The first thing is Mashud is an arrogant fella who is not in the mood to give Mushfiq a helping hand. He never even once acknowledged that Mushfiqur is the one for the future. He is too busy protecting his place in the team. So I don’t think Mushfiq ‘learning or gaining experience from Mashud’ will ever happen. It seems like the chances of Mushfiq playing is really slim, so don’t you he would have been better off training with the academy boys and then going to Pakistan with them.

Whether Mushfiq should've gone to Pakistan or not is a different issue. I have a problem when you say Mushfiq is a better batsman than Pilot without even knowing whether he is. I mean you said you saw him play personally. So I am assuming you are talking about the lords test but odi is a totally different ballgame and we don't know for sure. Ofcourse Mushfiq has talent and probably be our first true wicketkeeper-batsman but now is not the time. Secondly, I don't agree when you say the later one comes, he has be more aggresive. Not necessarily. Or else Mcgrath and Walsh would've been the most attacking batsmen since they are coming at number 11. Again, I am not saying Pilot is that bad but just to show you an example. Usually whoever comes in 6-9 basically has to go for runs and number 10-11 is damage control. So if we need him to come down the order, then razzak, rafique and masrafee can come up the order before him.

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
Ahemm.. Pilot is not a good captain.. period!

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 12:28 PM
quick Question Which one doesn't belong to this sentence?

"Come explore Islam, Cricket & bollywood world!"

HawkEye000
August 3, 2006, 12:28 PM
Usually whoever comes in 6-9 basically has to go for runs and number 10-11 is damage control. So if we need him to come down the order, then razzak, rafique and masrafee can come up the order before him.

We really cannot afford a wicket-keeper batsman coming in at 10 or 11. Good that you agree that a batsmen coming in at 6-9 has to go for the shots which Mashud is not capable of. To me Mashud, Javed and Rajin are just a burden to our ODI team. They always makes it difficult for the others with their low scoring rates and never allow us to post decent above 250 scores. That's what i think, you may differ in your thinking.

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 12:29 PM

May be....May be....
then lets take away his captaincy....
but u cant replace him...there is no replacement of Pilot right now....and pls pls dont say its musfiq...

Thunder
August 3, 2006, 12:32 PM
Its true that players like Masud helped our cricket come into this position but they should let go now and make room for others as they look so fragile at the international level. We desperately need one or two world class star players now who can not only win matches but perform consistently at this level..:confused:

On the other hand, Musfiq may not be a better permanent option as he is still young to survive at this level. One or two bad performances, i am sure he will broke down by the pressure.

From a population of nearly 15 crores, we should have more quality players. What we need is to find them and bring them out!

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 12:33 PM
read what pilot and bashar has to say after the game

http://in.sports.yahoo.com/060803/137/66dwu.html

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 12:49 PM
"Our bowling and batting is in good shape, but we need to work on our fielding," he said. "It is improving every day, but we need to tighten up the fielding if we want to play good cricket more consistently." Pilot

Then why change Gullu from the team. Keep the good combination . I hope its just PR talk, he really doesn't mean it. Otherwise if setting target of 230+ is the syntom of "batting is in good shape", then I think we already lost the series. To me Batting is a BIG BIG concern now.

sadi
August 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
We really cannot afford a wicket-keeper batsman coming in at 10 or 11. Good that you agree that a batsmen coming in at 6-9 has to go for the shots which Mashud is not capable of. To me Mashud, Javed and Rajin are just a burden to our ODI team. They always makes it difficult for the others with their low scoring rates and never allow us to post decent above 250 scores. That's what i think, you may differ in your thinking.

I agree with you. Pilot is not good enough of a batsman to consolidate in the middle overs. Now, what option do we have?? Do we have any? Either you can use a young kid who never played a odi before since he might be a good batsman but definately worse keeper than Pilot or play Pilot who is one of the best keeper out there but try to cover him by sending others to bat before him?? I guess the answer is quite obvious enough. Its all about priorities.

sadi
August 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
"Our bowling and batting is in good shape, but we need to work on our fielding," he said. "It is improving every day, but we need to tighten up the fielding if we want to play good cricket more consistently." Pilot

Then why change Gullu from the team. Keep the good combination . I hope its just PR talk, he really doesn't mean it. Otherwise if setting target of 230+ is the syntom of "batting is in good shape", then I think we already lost the series. To me Batting is a BIG BIG concern now.

When someone makes a mistake, its acceptable sometime. But when someone makes a mistake and don't even realize it, thats asking trouble. If Pilot thinks batting is in good shape, what is he going to tell his batsman tomorrow? Keep doing what they are doing?? Good luck then.

cricket_dorshok
August 3, 2006, 01:00 PM
The way he reacted about Mushfiqur’s inclusion was disgusting.

The way Musfiq was picked in the team as a 2nd wk is not nice either. If he needs to get tested in the national side, the home series against Kenya was perfect one. he was picked even in test in ENG (last year) and SL (home series) though couldn't utilize these two chances (24 runs from 2 test). So what is the point to pick two keepers against ZIM when we know our series win against them will promote us to position 9 in the ICC ODI ranking. Other way, if he showed some extra ordinary perfomance during this time (from Kenya series to till date) then he could be picked. no he didn't do that. so after disappointing performance in the national side (in these two test) and average performance in A side, how you can be sure he will be better as a batsman in national side under pressure.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 05:14 AM
Runouts: That is part of the game. If you want to say it is Pilot's fault I can't argue on that cause I didn't see those outs. But there are other incidents that may have similar or higher significance during the match. For instance, Rafique's sitter on Shahadat's ball. Shahadat was furious. The next ball was short and went for four. Another one, SN's first ball duck. If this was the first incident or manner of his out I wouldn't have faulted him. But he got out in same fashion in other matches. In criminalogy it is called Multiple offender / habitual offender. The punishment for these people are higher than normal one timers.

Game Four:

"Matsikenyeri to Mashud, out Reza Run Out!! turns in towards leg, Mashud tucks it round the corner, mixup as Reza goes a long way down and a late call by Mashud, Prosper Utseya picks up the ball and throws at the bowler's end and Matsikenyeri flips off the bails"

Farhad Reza run out (P Utseya/S Matsikenyeri) 30(50) - 6/157 in 38.1 ov.

Looks like Pilot in a mission to spoil this kids career. Farhad just hit a 6 in last over and about to open up a littel bit. I am watching the game... as far as my concern it was 100% Pilot's Fault.

Good Captaincy Pilot Good.... save your own *** at the cost of other young player... what a way to lead by example.

HawkEye000
August 4, 2006, 06:11 AM
save your own *** at the cost of other young player

that's what pilot believes in and has been doing it so eficiently over the last few months