shaoun
August 3, 2006, 12:54 AM
sorry this was meant to be a poll.

Spitfire_x86
August 3, 2006, 01:23 AM
For me:
losing the match against canada in wc2003
losing to zimbabwe by 2 wickets in last bowl

The first two events are not comparable with these two events.

Rabz
August 3, 2006, 02:27 AM
loosing to canada was by far the worst... by far

mac
August 3, 2006, 02:51 AM
loosing faith from our cricketers:(

Tintin
August 3, 2006, 03:22 AM
Since I started following Bangladesh cricket in 2003, this series is probably the most disturbing thing that I can remember. Against big teams, we have lost matches from winning positions and lost more than a few by big margins. But signs were mostly positive since last year. Wins in Test and ODIs against Zim last year, easy wins against Kenya, then Cardiff and the Fatullah Test had all given a lot of hope. I was under the strong impression that Kenya and Zim now formed the lowest layer, with BD occupying a place halfway between them and the other teams. What the three matches seem to indicate is that there is very little difference between Bangladesh and Zim now. Is this that we have not improved at all in the last two years, or Zimbabwe - despite all their problems, massive defeats and a second XI - have managed to become as good as Bangladesh again in so short a time ?

James90
August 3, 2006, 04:00 AM
Sweet Jesus! There's been a few hasn't there. Last ball for six would probably be the most painful single moment but on a broaded scale definitely Canada.

HereWeGo
August 3, 2006, 04:33 AM
For me it is the fact that pilot and JO is still in the team is something that hurts me NOW. Mushfiq should replace piot . Nazmus sadat or Rajin should play in place of JO till Tamim iqbal matures. Or worst incidents like another canada defeat is still on the cards. i'll vote for option 5! i still havent been hurt the most ( on the verge of being hurt the most).

mac
August 3, 2006, 04:40 AM
Where is Tamim now? Academy team-eo tar name nai?:o

prasad
August 3, 2006, 04:53 AM
for me...defeat in the first test vs australia.that cud have been bd's first real test victory.

Thunder
August 3, 2006, 05:03 AM
Losing to Canada of course when a test playing nation down to a nation who don't have even an ODI status..

this is worse than eating s***:mad:

nasifkhan
August 3, 2006, 05:06 AM
All of them

Omio
August 3, 2006, 06:18 AM
we lost 1 wk agnist West indies2004

Mr-Cricket
August 3, 2006, 06:30 AM
The most painful loss was the 1st Test vs Australia in Fatullah earlier in the year. I mean after posting 427 in our 1st Innings, and having the opposition 93/6 in the 38th over, you would expect to win it from there. So to lose it was just heartbreaking. It took me weeks to get over. The most embarassing was the loss to Canada in the 2003 World Cup. The loss to Zimbabwe last night doesn't compare to either. Those sorts of losses occur too regularly to get too worked up over.

Rubu
August 3, 2006, 07:40 AM
the 1 wicket defeat in multan - It was like we did so good, we could win.
the 3 wicket defeat against australia in last series - again, we did so good....
losing the match against canada in wc2003 - pathetic. humiliating, shameful....
losing to zimbabwe by 2 wickets in last bowl - pathetic.

now, you figure it out.

and the one you did not add:

loosing to Kenya at 94 ICC trophy at nirobi that ended hour hope to play in WC. I was of course 12 years younger than now, and I was almost crying after that lose.

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 08:12 AM
losing to kenya ICC, WC

gatekeeper
August 3, 2006, 08:16 AM
Its the deafeat against Autralia for me. That would've been written in history books. Multan test would've been special as well.

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 09:55 AM
loosing to Kenya at 94 ICC trophy at nirobi that ended hour hope to play in WC. I was of course 12 years younger than now, and I was almost crying after that lose.

i din't care about cricket then but it hurted me& still does, when someone mentioned that to me. if we could have played 1996 worlcup we could have been much better team by now.

Tigers_eye
August 3, 2006, 10:00 AM
Canada loss. Unless we lose to burmuda in the 2007 nothing can go below that.

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 10:03 AM
Canada loss. Unless we lose to burmuda in the 2007 nothing can go below that.

we will have to play at our level worst to make that happen

googo
August 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
^ lol
I follow Bang team from time to time. But for the regular supporters, I would have thought they have learned to accept the team as it is. They will win some here and there but for them to win on a regular basis is light years away. My 2 cents.

al Furqaan
August 3, 2006, 10:19 AM
canada...no doutb

Tokyobreeze
August 3, 2006, 10:23 AM
>the 1 wicket defeat in multan

Destroed two nights of sleep of mine (One before the last day having the thought that we gonna win on the next day and evantually the next night after loosing).

>the 3 wicket defeat against australia in last series

Destroed one exam.

>losing the match against canada in wc2003

If anyone remembers, it was Eid on the following day.Destroyed the Eid for not only me but also most of the people.

>losing to zimbabwe by 2 wickets in last bowl

Kept me speechless until now.

I think all the losses are painful...Still I will put the last one on top for me.

Thunder
August 3, 2006, 10:40 AM
we will have to play at our level worst to make that happen

Considering the form of our batsman 246, 238, 236 and so on.. its all going downhill

that worst is not impossible :eek:

Among those defeats, we can divide them in two groups.

the 1 wicket defeat in multan
the 3 wicket defeat against australia in last series

those defeats are painful when glory got away

losing the match against canada in wc2003
losing to zimbabwe by 2 wickets in last bowl (concede 17 runs in last over)

those defeats are shameful when we lost the glory that we had

Sovik
August 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
How about the lost against Ireland In Commonwealth games

sadi
August 3, 2006, 11:14 AM
All of them hurt. Coming to this thread hurts. Can we please not talk about them?

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 11:37 AM
At this moment .... my stomach..... I need to eat something now.

akabir77
August 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
How about the lost against Ireland In Commonwealth games
When did that happen? before I was born or something?

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
this thread hurts the most at this moment...

Definately Pakistan one.. we would be far better by mentally if we won that match.

Bancan
August 3, 2006, 01:02 PM
whenever bd loses amar bukta faita jai. :D

among all these losing to canada was worse

Fazal
August 3, 2006, 01:14 PM
whenever bd loses amar bukta faita jai. :D

Then listen Mumtaz's song you will feel better. Even better if can watch her video.

MarufH
August 3, 2006, 01:15 PM
:pFazal bhai, I'm your fan.. I've been forrowing BC for over an year..:p:up:

Bancan
August 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Then listen Mumtaz's song you will feel better. Even better if can watch her video.

heard that song a thousand times.

it goes something like this

bondhu jokhon bou niya rongo koira amar barir shamney diya haita jai bukta faita jai:D

BangladeshFan
August 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
none of bd losses did hurt me that much, reason probably is there was not much at stake. lossing to pakistan/australia in test was expected anyway.

if bd losses a world cup semifinal or final, then that will truly hurt.