PDA

View Full Version : Pointing at all the wrong reasons.. aren't we?

Ahmed_B
August 4, 2006, 06:29 AM
It's only half way through the crucial 4th ODI between BD & ZIM... and I can't hold my anger anymore watching BD's show so far. But what disturb me more are the reasons that most of the fans are pointing at for the gradually downward going series of BD side. Almost all the fans are coming up with guys to blame as they but most often they are forgetting the real weakness of the team throughout the series.

That sole problem is not our slog over bowling.. it's not our replacement captain pilot... it's not our poor fielding.. or it's not even failure of Mash/Rajib to restrict the ZIMs. I am utterly annoyed and in each of the games so far the sole and prime reason for BD's sufferings is the failure of it's TOP ORDER BATTING!!. Here are the criminals one by one:

JO-Did absolutely nothing.. rather put the team in pressure early by getting out cheap.
S.Nafees: After scoring some good runs in 1st ODI.. I suppose he started taking things for granted and paid the price by being non-existant in the next matches.
Aftab: We know you can blast the bowling.. but sorry mate.. that's not what we need from you all the time. I suppose you are not ready to learn that yet!!
Ashraful: Nothing more to say about this stupid. Enough has been said already.

S. Nafees, Aftab, Ash.. Rajin also... each of them are guilty of getting set in the wicket and then get out where they should really been patient and build a long inings for the team. I won't go as far as as the middle order .. because each of the matches BD had to bat first and were put into trouble by the top order and the mid and late order had to recover from it. Pilot, Rafiq saved few matches and Bashar is already out.

Our top order is really getting highly arrogant these days and fully irresponsible and despite all the misdeeds by late order and bowling and fielding... I solely blame the top order of the team for creating such a chain of pathetic displays and with each game they put bit more extra pressure on the whole team than the previous match!!:mad:

sar2005
August 4, 2006, 06:59 AM
You know what, we don't have a single batsman who knows how to carry on, how to build a long innings once you get set. Look at the ZIM side. They have Tylor, Matsi, Chigum who can single handedly win a match for them. It is a shame that our batsmans score a 20/30 and thinks that the task is well done.......rubbish!! And it is not a new story...........we are doing it right from the begaining of our cricketing life. God knows when they will learn to carry on! Will they really learn??????????????

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 07:33 AM
Can't agree.

Of course batsman are doing bad, not to mention we are alaways playing with 10 players. either golla or alok will be there who can't be counted. beside that, the total that they still posts is good enough. what is the point of posting 350 if bowlers give away 7 runs an over? none.

236 was enough to defend againt that line up. I think complecency is a big problem. and the 2nd problem is, we re not good enough to play against zimbos.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 08:07 AM
batting is definately a problem... our batsmen don't know how to build an innings and 230 runs around this zimbabwe bowling lineup is not acceptable... today they did even worse and scored 209... shame

cracky
August 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
even Faisal is more consistant than our so called top order.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 08:44 AM
Batting order and not choosing the right batsman in the team is the problem.

Players like Tushar, Sakib, Mehrab Jr., Rahim and Razzak could have done much better as middle order batsman than the current one. Razzak should be playing in #6 /#7 not in #10 of the current team. he plays more comfortably than those oldies that we have now. Player likes Forhad who came from nowhere proved that our oldies are no good any more... its time to recognize their past contribution and give a good farewill ceremony.

For example why Pilot plays at #7 in the team? His batting is hazardous for the team. If he plays at all he should play at #10 or #11. But then again he cannot slog also.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 08:46 AM
Terrible performance... atlease we got a good player in Forhad... hope he keeps it up... I am sure Sakib would've done much better than the players that playing right now.... poor team selection and poor performances... really depressing

sar2005
August 4, 2006, 09:46 AM
Next match -
Sakib in , Kapali out
Mushfiq in, Pilot out
Russel in, Mashrafi Rest.

Rabz
August 4, 2006, 09:49 AM
next match...sack the whole team...
bring the u-19 boys...
i bet those boys wud give a much better performance than this loosers...

and oh pilot..im just ....aarrrgghhhhhhh

sar2005
August 4, 2006, 09:52 AM
Next match -
Sakib in , Kapali out
Mushfiq in, Pilot out

Oh I missed out one replacement -
Mehrab Jr in, Ashraful out.

Miraz
August 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
I am getting angry to see the nick Pilot_fan watching this thread. :mad:

How can a man become fan of such a crap player:rolleyes:

Please change your nick mate :)

Mr-Cricket
August 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
Next match -
Sakib in , Kapali out
Mushfiq in, Pilot out
Oh I missed out one replacement -
Mehrab Jr in, Ashraful out.
That's an awful lot of changes to be making for one game!

Knee jerk reaction perhaps?

Why not fly in Tamim Iqbal for Saleh too while we're at it? :)

sadi
August 4, 2006, 10:02 AM
There is no point writing here who is out and who is in for the next match... Our selectors don't give a s*** and we are all just wasting our time...

ialbd
August 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
Farhad Reza is the only positive thing we got out of this series.
________
EXTREME Q (http://www.vaporshop.com/extreme-q-vaporizer.html)

sar2005
August 4, 2006, 10:09 AM
That's an awful lot of changes to be making for one game!

Knee jerk reaction perhaps?

Why not fly in Tamim Iqbal for Saleh too while we're at it? :)

You gotta do that when you consistantly keep on loosing against ZIM when all the world thinks BD is far ahead of ZIM. I remember some thread questioning why we were so excited to play against ZIM. Some threads said how we will come to number 9 position. Can you imagine how heart breaking the situation is right now.

We must need change. First of all, the f...en a.. h... Pilot should be changed. Why the hell he is in the team? Yes, he did a lot for us and thanks for that. Now please help us to build our future.

I bet all this change will do not worse than the current crap side.

FagunerAgun
August 4, 2006, 10:15 AM
One thing I found out..our fulbabus in all these games looked so tired. When one is tired, talents, skills and focus, all get fading. That's why, seems to, the legendary mega star batsmen are scoring barely 20/30 runs, and then going back to rest, nayok raj Razzak (look like) bowlers are barely fininshing their overs and then going back to rest. May be too much...b and b.

Ehsan
August 4, 2006, 10:16 AM
No blaming game plz! Zimb played better than us, fair and straight. Credit should be given where its due.

Yes, we played crap cricket and never anywhere close to our potential. It is very sad and embarrassing. Does make me feel like we don't have any future, back to square-one again.

Mr-Cricket
August 4, 2006, 10:16 AM
I bet all this change will do not worse than the current crap side.
No, your right, they won't do worse. They'll probably fair far better actually. But the point is, our Selector's don't have the balls to make one change (JO/Kapali for Saqibul), let alone 4! So theres no point in us making up new teams for every game, because we'll never see all 11 out on the park on any given day.

SMHasan
August 4, 2006, 10:21 AM
Dont know where the problem lies. If I could then I would change the whole team.

SMHasan
August 4, 2006, 10:22 AM
Dont know where the problem lies. If I could then I would change the whole team.