PDA

View Full Version : Who should partner Shahriar Nafees

HawkEye000
August 4, 2006, 06:33 AM
Shahriar Nafees is a batsman who takes his time to get going but always scores at a decent rate not great though. But he can play the sheet anchor role for us and so can hold one end up. For me ideally his partner would be someone aggressive who could play his shots over the in-field. To me Aftab should be the one opening with him. Virtually he opened in all the 4 ODIs and drafting him as an opener would just allow him to play more freely without the added pressure of a batsman down. Opening with Rajin and Javed would just slow things up at the top more. It's also not that Javed and Rajin makes up their slow batting by giving us some stability at the top. So if we have to lose 1 or 2 batsmen within the first 10 over, it better be Aftab making a quickfire 30 or 40 then a single digit score by javed or Rajin wasting 30 odd deliveries.

ialbd
August 4, 2006, 07:21 AM
although i voted for rajin, but rajin plays much better in the lower order. Bangladesh badly need an opener and one dependable 5th bowler.
________
Washington Marijuana Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
How about none? like zim had a volentary withdrawal from test, we should have a volentary withdrawal from cricket for 2/3 years and get our act togather.

first teach selectors how to select a team - that would take a full year.