PDA

View Full Version : a statement by Khaled Mashud after the defeat

cracky
August 4, 2006, 09:58 AM
Khaled Mashud: All credit goes to me. I showed yesterday how to lose a match from a very good position. And today I showed how a captain can demoralize a team from the very begining. In the last match I will show you how to lose a match in 10 overs. Pray for me so that the selectors give me one more chance to do that. And if the selectors keep faith in me I will probably break world record of shortest innings by a team ever. I almost tried to do that against Srilanka when we lost 4 wickets in first over, I can surely do that this time.

SMHasan
August 4, 2006, 10:15 AM
hhahaha.......

Tigers_eye
August 4, 2006, 10:17 AM
The last sentence was too harsh even if you want to put a funny spin on it. How could pilot be responsible for Hannan, Ash and other outs?

cracky
August 4, 2006, 10:34 AM
It came up because the last time we played this bad was in that World Cup under Masud's captaincy and its happening again. There is a huge role of a captain to make a team spirited or demoralized. So yeah, a Captain does have an impact on the batsman too.

The last sentence was too harsh even if you want to put a funny spin on it. How could pilot be responsible for Hannan, Ash and other outs?

Duck
August 4, 2006, 11:32 AM
Its not the Pilot itself responsible.........the whole team sucks...........

The first one started from DEV himself labeling BD as the favorite to win the series.......and took Zimbos granted..........when we are regarded as underdog, we did well. And when we are expected to do well, we hit the rock bottom! chun kali mukhey lepa ar ki........we are not professional in our mentality.....so labeling BD as the favorite made the players overconfident and eventually we lost the mental game......DEV has done very bad game here. He should have learnt that from the very beginning of his tenure....we are not normal people. We have to be juiced out, pressed out......if he wants us to work normal....pheeee.........val lagena ar.....

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
yes, his bowling change was beyond me today.

but to be truthful, this is the true potential of 'tigers'. I wish I had a nice carpet of tiger's leather.

akabir77
August 4, 2006, 11:53 AM
captain can do many thing.. ever wonder why we didn't do that bad under chacha and shumon???? there were same players. I think under pilot player don't know what is their role what should be done etc etc. they play like player without a brain....

BangladeshFan
August 4, 2006, 02:55 PM
another problem with pilot maybe is that he doesnt want mushfiq in the team, because if mush performs as a batsman there will always be question to replace pilot with him.

what is surprising is that they havent tried either rafiq or ashraful as opener against this "hit me" zimbo attack. it was rafiq who ransacked zimbo as opener in the 5th odi in dhaka. they tried to open with rajin who is basically a middle order batsman. it was as if they were playing some giant and really nervous about it. last match mashrafi gave 4 fulltosses in a 6 ball over and taylor could have hit 4 sixes easily instead of 2. if u r nervous against this zimbo children what will u do with the adults?

googo
August 4, 2006, 03:22 PM
To blame one person one for your defeat is absurd. You can't blame the captain or ONE person for this. You need all 11 players to perform to win matches. But most of you fail to see that.

cracky
August 4, 2006, 03:42 PM
Googo, I already answered this here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=324649&postcount=4

To blame one person one for your defeat is absurd. You can't blame the captain or ONE person for this. You need all 11 players to perform to win matches. But most of you fail to see that.

CTazim
August 4, 2006, 06:00 PM
I think that FATSO needs to go.. I have said it many times but we need drastic measures. Anyone who knows organizational development will agree with me. Look what he has achieved in his tenure with the team. A series win at home against Zimbabwe a win against India, a win against Australia in ODI that's it. Not more.

When an organization does not do well, the first thing you do is change the leadership. I have said it many times that I do not think Dav Whatmore is the person who can take us to the next level.

I sincerely think that Dav Whatmore MUST Go and such am preparing a write up of my analysis that will follow shortly. He is a pathetic excuse for a coach. Pilot is a pathetic excuse for a batsman/wicketkeeper/Mashrafee is a pathetic excuse for a strike bowler.

I was reviewing Dav Whatmore's excuse 3 years back about not including Nannu and Aminul Islam in the team and I find his excuse to be pathetic. If I (who do not have any coaching background) was in charge we will have the same abysmal result with 1 or 2 fluke wins.

I just think that we have a better coach in McInnes or Alstaire Cook (my apologies if I didn't spell his name correctly).

BOTTOM LINE DAV WHATMORE MUST GO!!. IT SHOULD BE BANGLACRICKET'S MAIN ARTICLE FOLLOWING THIS SERIES!!.

bapzmania
August 4, 2006, 10:07 PM
Now pilot should write a book called how to become an awful cricket team. Don't dare to talk anymore........"just shut up ur ****in mouth and go away from bangladesh cricket".......

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 5, 2006, 01:17 AM
actually i think pilot got married too early ,,after 10 years of marriage peoples brain stopped working... pilot is near to 10 years anniversary..i think...never mind

Tokyobreeze
August 5, 2006, 02:00 AM
Well..I am particularly not a supporter of Pilot..But, still I think captain has less to do when all of his batsman play irresponsibly.

mac
August 5, 2006, 06:50 AM
East or West Pilot is the best.( harte chaile match fixxing er dorkar nai, just make him the captain.)

Miraz
August 5, 2006, 07:12 AM
East or West Pilot is the best.( harte chaile match fixxing er dorkar nai, just make him the captain.)

And he can fix the matches too:E

Ganesh
August 5, 2006, 07:16 AM
Khaled Mashud: All credit goes to me. I showed yesterday how to lose a match from a very good position. And today I showed how a captain can demoralize a team from the very begining. In the last match I will show you how to lose a match in 10 overs. Pray for me so that the selectors give me one more chance to do that. And if the selectors keep faith in me I will probably break world record of shortest innings by a team ever. I almost tried to do that against Srilanka when we lost 4 wickets in first over, I can surely do that this time.

Not to defend Mashud, a captain can be only as good as the side. Top order batting was quite apalling. Bowling in death has been a huge let down. Asian sides barring lanka suck in fielding. You figure where the problem lies.

Fazal
August 5, 2006, 10:36 AM
You figure where the problem lies.
I figurerd it out already, but does BCB knows how to figure it out? Because thats the only thing that counts

The Selectors, the coach and the Captain are to blame mostly. Because they select the final team and coach is suppose to teach them. If a player cannot learn from mistakes, they should pick someone who learns from his mistake.

The rest of the players are just not factors. Beacuse some of them play the way they play as they know they will be selected regardless whatever happens, the other do so becuase that the best they can give and incapable to do any better.

Ganesh
August 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
I figurerd it out already, but does BCB knows how to figure it out? Because thats the only thing that counts

The Selectors, the coach and the Captain are to blame mostly. Because they select the final team and coach is suppose to teach them. If a player cannot learn from mistakes, they should pick someone who learns from his mistake.

Unfortunately for BD, they don't have players waiting in wings who will readily learn from mistakes. So, they have persist with a few and hope experience will teach them how to learn from mistakes. Having watched new sides like SL, Zim and BD progress in the 80s, 90s and 00s, I can readily point out, Bangladesh players are least athletic among new comers. Almost like what India was in 1930s. SL and Zim were among the better fielding sides right from the word go. If players are made to work hard on the general fitness/stamina, BD cricket will be whole lot better. Concentrating too much on cricketing skills in formative ages, by neglecting general athleticsm will not do a whole lot of good. So, they have to fix the first class/club cricket. Good national team will be a by-product. Hiring a foreign coach and asking him to turn bunch of no-hopers will do no good. Fixing national side once wrong practices are formed is hard. A South African first class side, Eastern Province, hired Kepler Wessels as captain in 1980s. Wessels made the players all run first. I mean 10 kilometer runs. Those who wouldn't were dropped mercilessly, irrespective of past achievements. End result, the side ended up winning all the championships in couple of years. BD needs someone to make them run at the first class level as well.

LateCut
August 5, 2006, 06:16 PM
I only blame Mashud for the last over of 3rd ODI. What kind of captain would not ask his young bowlwer to bowl according to the situation. Mash hurled four fulltosses. He must have had the instruction to bowl full or fullish. Bowling fullish is down right foolish at that time. You can give away three boundaries and yet win. But if conceed a couple of long balls and you are out of the picture. Remeber Aftab hitting Gillie at Cardiff and game was over or the Aussies.

Fazal
August 5, 2006, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately for BD, they don't have players waiting in wings who will readily learn from mistakes.
How you are so sure about that? For example the u-19 players are all un-proven in national side. But So far they are learning something from their mistakes and thats why they are so successful in u-19 compared to our national team. I wouldn't discount them so easily without giving them a try. In my book Sakib, Rahim, Reza, Mehrab Jr, Sadat are all waiting in wings.... now we just have to try them instead and see whether they can learn from their mistakes or not. If they don't then there will be next batch of player (Tamim, Dollar, etc) ready within the next few years... ans that how we will find who is for real and who is fake.

However I agree that we need to revamp and rethink to improve our first class cricket which is the major bottleneck. But I think our high performace program and u15 / u-19 programs are pretty decent.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 6, 2006, 12:30 AM
kothai shei pilot...j chokka maaira icc champ korsilo..er por thekey oi pilot khuijai paai na!!!!! huhhh...

Ganesh
August 6, 2006, 04:04 AM
How you are so sure about that? For example the u-19 players are all un-proven in national side. But So far they are learning something from their mistakes and thats why they are so successful in u-19 compared to our national team. I wouldn't discount them so easily without giving them a try. In my book Sakib, Rahim, Reza, Mehrab Jr, Sadat are all waiting in wings.... now we just have to try them instead and see whether they can learn from their mistakes or not. If they don't then there will be next batch of player (Tamim, Dollar, etc) ready within the next few years... ans that how we will find who is for real and who is fake.

I wasn't talking about U-19 or U-15 guys as guys waiting in wings. Typically, they have few years to go before becoming reliable players. I was refering to guys who are in 14 or may be among top 17-18 players, without much exposure at test level.

Sovik
August 6, 2006, 04:29 AM
I only blame Mashud for the last over of 3rd ODI. What kind of captain would not ask his young bowlwer to bowl according to the situation. Mash hurled four fulltosses. He must have had the instruction to bowl full or fullish. Bowling fullish is down right foolish at that time. You can give away three boundaries and yet win. But if conceed a couple of long balls and you are out of the picture. Remeber Aftab hitting Gillie at Cardiff and game was over or the Aussies.

its not masud's fault that mashrafee gave away 17 runs. mashrafee has been the strike bowler for us, and apart from mash we had reza to bowl last over and no one wanted to bowl a young bowler. if reza had bowled and the result was the same, you would have still blamed masud for not bowling mash

Fazal
August 6, 2006, 04:46 AM
I wasn't talking about U-19 or U-15 guys as guys waiting in wings. Typically, they have few years to go before becoming reliable players. I was refering to guys who are in 14 or may be among top 17-18 players, without much exposure at test level.
But when you are talking about 17-18 players, that includes Players like Sakib, Farhad, Rahim, and Mehrab Jr and even Shahadat and Razzak. And you cannot just say that these players are not learning from their mistakes, as they havn'e tried enough to make a comment like that (according to my oberservation). And thats wht was my main point.

HawkEye000
August 6, 2006, 05:29 AM
Having watched new sides like SL, Zim and BD progress in the 80s, 90s and 00s, I can readily point out, Bangladesh players are least athletic among new comers. Almost like what India was in 1930s.

If you consider just athleticism, then the current Indian team is no better than the Bangladeshi team; may be even worse. If you say the Indian team's athleticism has remained the same over 70 years then it makes sense.

Stumped
August 6, 2006, 06:59 AM
Its so sad how much hatred there is! Bangladesh were favorites and no body argued about it when those comments were made! They performed badly end of story. Leave it to the team and officials to work out all the problems the stress is on them not yall!

CTAZIM...
1) When u get older id like to meet u so i can call u FATSO and see how u feel about it. At least he is doing something bout his weight and has lost alot in the last 6 months.

2) U know what maybe he does not have what it takes to take bangladesh to the next level but have u ever considered that maybe it goes 2 ways? In life so far have u ever listened to everything u have been taught by ur folks and teachers? Have u ever gotten in trouble for not doing well enough? Hmm maybe this is what its like in the team.. maybe not all but maybe a few? I do not know for sure but lookin on both sides helps. But certainly if they have all given 100% and listened to every piece of advice and it has not worked then prehaps it is time Dav(ur so called "pathetic" coach) left. Once he does leave i wish bangladesh every bit of luck in the future and will follow their tours with intrest which ever way they go.

3) "BOTTOM LINE DAV WHATMORE MUST GO!!"... I can't say id be stricken with grief as id have my mentor and coach back in my life! And no i have not listened to everything he has tried to teach me but hell i wish i had of!!

Please note that this is not a nasty reply just putting my thoughts across. Im not taking side(ok maybe the fatso part i am) but just trying to get peop to realise there are 2 sides to everything hell maybe even 3 in cricket(3rd being politics!!)

thasan
August 6, 2006, 09:23 AM
BOTTOM LINE DAV WHATMORE MUST GO!!. IT SHOULD BE BANGLACRICKET'S MAIN ARTICLE FOLLOWING THIS SERIES!!.
oh yea???
give us a coach then!!!
maybe u can apply :lol:
theres no point bringing up "absurd ideas" just because of weirdo under par performances from players...
we must have somebody in mind before thinking of replacing him. and honestly i dont think anybody will do as good as whatmore has done..

ZunIAD
August 6, 2006, 09:30 AM
Guys dont jump to conclusions. Bangladesh is a far better team than Zimbabwe, i am not saying this because i am a Bangladeshi but as a crickter i am saying it. Put Zimbabwe in the longer version of the game on any pitch its a different scenerio. One day matches are not real skills any one can beat any one even in a series. Let Zimbabeans feel good about the series win. I can assure a cricket analyst wil tell you Bangladesh is a better team. We had bad luck to loose 3 tosses in a row, chasing in Harare pitch is easier as the condition become easier, I have seen matches there before and there is a hint of swing in the morning. Our blame goes to our batsmen not scroring runs. Capatincy was bad by both captains, they should have used slower bowlers to the end and use up the pace bowlers earlier. The dumbest thing i reckon was Mashud electing to bat first on the 4th ODI after winning the toss. Gee i cracked up and had a feeling that we were gonna loose the series.

Ganesh
August 6, 2006, 10:51 AM
If you consider just athleticism, then the current Indian team is no better than the Bangladeshi team; may be even worse. If you say the Indian team's athleticism has remained the same over 70 years then it makes sense.

Having seen both sides, I do think Indian side has better athletes than BD. Anyway, it is my opinion, alright.