PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

israr
August 4, 2006, 10:23 AM
I am speechless. I couldn't even envisage that this can ever happen. Zimbabweans deserve this as they've been immaculate throughout the series. Brendan Taylor's last ball six against Mashrafee has commenced a new rivalry between the minnows(like Australia-England and India-Pakistan), but I belief we'll be the more successful one against them in the long run in the near future. Whatsoever, what are your thoughts on the coming series against Kenya, the Champions Trophy and the home series against Zimbabwe. I think its just at the right time we've gone through such kind of an experience before the world cup, and the moral is, never underistimate your opponents or be over exuberant, irrespective of their quality. The series loss has hurt us a lot,and our players are waiting for just one more opportunity against the Zimbabweans, and from the mistakes that we've learnt, I belief they're in for some serious treatment against us in the Champions Trophy and should be prepared for a 7-0 drubbing the next time when they tour Bangladesh. For the time being, I know it'll be diificult to overcome from this:( ............

sadi
August 4, 2006, 10:35 AM
Zimbabwe showed lots of heart. Hats off to them. We just sucked in every single department. Their batsmen looked like match winner where our batsmen were shaky all the time. Their fielding was truly world class and ours was garbage.

Sovik
August 4, 2006, 10:42 AM
we are going no where, our team is the example of the equation that we used to solve in primary school, the monkey and a oily bamboo

Tigers_eye
August 4, 2006, 10:44 AM
Back to the drawing board. Starting with the selection of the team. I am glad that this happened now instead of in the 2007 WC.

Everyone need to re-evaluate. Starting with the Selectors and Coach. Put aside all problems, favors. Choose an eleven and motivate them. Talk to the players about building partnership. Back to basics I guess. We will rise again and beat the big boys.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 10:46 AM
Where we go from Here?

Home. From work... straight to Home..via a Pharmacy to buy some Valium.. No Friday night Party.... just eat something .... take the fill and have a nice sleep. For the team I will think about tomorrow or day after tomorrow... where they can go from here.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 10:56 AM
They will probably go back to Bangladesh and hide wherever they can. Atleast thats what they should do.

babubangla
August 4, 2006, 11:01 AM
Where do we go from here

Duh...Kenya
:) :)

Duck
August 4, 2006, 11:04 AM
We are going no where......but to Kenya....who are waiting EAGERLY to wash us white for second time in a month!! :(

Duck
August 4, 2006, 11:06 AM
Kenya is sharping their claws and brushing their teeth to yallloooop us......

sadi
August 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
Duh...Kenya
:) :)

Can we please go back to Bangladesh?? Why bother...

BagherBacha
August 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
kenya theke bd te jaiya dail (fenci) khaibo..

canada beat kenya few days ago in a 4 day match

sadi
August 4, 2006, 11:15 AM
trust me, we will lose to this pathetic kenya too... just wait and see

Carte Blanche
August 4, 2006, 11:23 AM
Zimbabwe showed lots of heart. Hats off to them. We just sucked in every single department. Their batsmen looked like match winner where our batsmen were shaky all the time. Their fielding was truly world class and ours was garbage.

Well said. I think we may have underestimated them. I myself was complacent as a fan before the series. We just need to put this behind and concentrate on the Kenya series. We can't afford to lose a single ODI to them. That'll just be "berthotar sholo kola".

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
I knew this was coming, so had a good night sleep instead of waking up at 3:30AM.

where we go from here? should have been back to dhaka right away and then distribute একশ দোররা among them. but in reality in kenay and probably loose that series as well.

akabir77
August 4, 2006, 11:57 AM
I think we are becoming another INDIA... Tiger in home but cat outside

israr
August 4, 2006, 12:51 PM
Exactly akabir77, we're becoming another India, the team which none of us here want Bangladesh to be like. Hopefully, I shall be prooved wrong. Insha'Allah!

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 01:13 PM
Close to India?

Kothai Liakot Ali are Kothai Jutar Kali.

insideedge
August 4, 2006, 02:57 PM
Exactly akabir77, we're becoming another India, the team which none of us here want Bangladesh to be like. Hopefully, I shall be prooved wrong. Insha'Allah!

You are wrong already.

Beamer
August 4, 2006, 03:07 PM
Really? how many matches have we won on our home soil? Aren't you supposed to be stronger on your home turf anyway? We beat Kenya and Zim on our turf ( as we should have ) and though we beat Sl and India once at home, is not a reason enough to say we are becoming like India. Its a biased arguement.

israr
August 4, 2006, 03:26 PM
You guys completely misunderstood that. Our performances are being more better at home, look what happened to Zim and Ken in Bangladesh, got defeated right?! But look now, some of them are even saying we'll loose the series against Kenya this time in their soil. Same thing goes with India, look at the things they were saying before the WI tour, but then were vanquished 4-1. Its not that Bangladesh is the next India or has reached that level, but they are doing acts like India. Just reminisce, what were we thinking before we came here, and now look what is infront of you...................A SERIES LOSS...................!!!

SS
August 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
We are going no where but hell
Our team is one of the most pathetic team in test arena
Just see what happens, even when in the year 2020 we will be the same.
the question is where "we" will go from here, I think I know I should stop coming here and don't waste time watching our cricketer's pathetic cricket display.

kalpurush
August 4, 2006, 05:15 PM
We are going Kenya next, then India in October for Champions Trophy, New Zealand in December and West Indies in 2007 to play in World Cup. So far thats the schedule I know!

SMHasan
August 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
Nowhere!We showed we are lacking in killing instinct, spirit, confidence. If we don't have spirit at all then its gonna be hard for us to beat the Kenyans. And our future is doomed. Pls bring some commitment and spirit then we can do something. A spirited team can do anything whether they have talent or not. Before every match every player should say 'we will fight' to each other or try to say this line in loud in a body. This helps to motivate.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 5, 2006, 01:10 AM
We should go to Kenya's jungle and make bd playes except 2/3 players eaten by so beloved lions...and then we can do a thing...we will send our street team ( paara er polapaainer team)..i think they wont do as much bad as bd team did.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 5, 2006, 01:10 AM
We should go to Kenya's jungle and make bd playes except 2/3 players eaten by so beloved lions...and then we can do a thing...we will send our street team ( paara er polapaainer team)..i think they wont do as much bad as bd team did.

Andy-Flower
August 5, 2006, 07:01 AM
beat Kenya 3-0...wait for the ICC trophy and repeat what you did against Sri Lanka the other day, get you revenge against Zim and then wait for Zim beat them 7-0..that will eraise all your memories about this series...:)

Miraz
August 5, 2006, 07:04 AM
beat Kenya 3-0...wait for the ICC trophy and repeat what you did against Sri Lanka the other day, get you revenge against Zim and then wait for Zim beat them 7-0..that will eraise all your memories about this series...:)

I am sure BD is going to do that :)

At least in words:E

israr
August 5, 2006, 07:21 AM
Andy-Flower, how are the reactions back home to this series victory? I am sure it must've revived the cricket interest amonsgt the Zimbabwean fans.

Abd
August 5, 2006, 07:46 AM
Where do we go from here?

You ask where do we go from here, eh, here's the answer. We should be striped of test status and oboshi odi status. Ar oi shalara bidesh theke ashley nengta koira pitai pitai jele bhorte hobe. Our tax money should not be wasted anymore. There are plenty of poor people in the country, who can bring change to bangladesh with these money. Got it!!!

SMHasan
August 5, 2006, 11:15 AM

Practially thats very much possible. Its not out of rich.

SMHasan
August 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
You guys completely misunderstood that. Our performances are being more better at home, look what happened to Zim and Ken in Bangladesh, got defeated right?! But look now, some of them are even saying we'll loose the series against Kenya this time in their soil. Same thing goes with India, look at the things they were saying before the WI tour, but then were vanquished 4-1. Its not that Bangladesh is the next India or has reached that level, but they are doing acts like India. Just reminisce, what were we thinking before we came here, and now look what is infront of you...................A SERIES LOSS...................!!!

I see people are misunderstanding a bit too much now a days Israr bhai!

akabir77
August 5, 2006, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the good word.. the thing is with this team we might loose to Kenya too... so we need to shake up things and all the management people reads this threads so they need to know how we feel so they should get their act togther or get kicked out...

Xavier
August 5, 2006, 05:38 PM
Bangladesh must win this last one-day match to improve their rating in the ODI Championship and then have a chance to get Zimbabwe's eight place in the home series in November.

israr
August 6, 2006, 11:04 AM
Finally, we can go to Kenya with some positive thinking