PDA

View Full Version : Positives Of The Series

pilot fan
August 4, 2006, 12:24 PM
I KNow that this has been a disatroues tour so far but i have found there to be a number of positives among the doom and dispear

1) F Reza - been very impressed with his batting, he has been run out twice and looks to me like he can be the man at 6/7 who can rotate the strike and get wuick runs at the end of the innings, his bowling looks decent and he can problery be a good partnership breaker but he is not a first change bowler

2) S Hossian - bowled very well aprt from the 4th match, has pace and agression which is scare in a bangladeshi wicket took a great hatrick and relly unsettled the zim batsman with his hostitle, has proven that he can be a good one day bowler, needs learn not to get two carried away at the start of the innings

3) S Nefees - i know some people will disagree with be here but in the first match and the 4th match his innings showed real fight and determintion and has turned out to be a very consistant batsman for the side, posssibly needs to learn how to milk the spinners in the middle of the innings.

4) Aftab - Showed what he can do in short spells, needs to learn to build an innings but hopefully that will come as he matures, i am pleased to see him at number 3 to take full advantage of the powerplays, i would consider operning with him in ODI's, will be now feared in world cricket, needs to learn how to attack the bowling along the ground and how to keep pateint.

We cannot go into a match with 4 main batsman which we did today reza has shown promise but is not proven and aftab and ash are gambles, we were never going to score a big score today with 4 batsman sorry dav but i relly question your selection

Tigers_eye
August 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
#4 is not a positive. Players like this can't change their habits. A bit negetive for test cricket when ever we will play.

#5. We found out how spineless our selectors and top orders are. The first thing in getting better (or fixing problems) is one should find out what are the problems (ask Fazal). We desperately need to kick few players out of the ODI team for sure (parmanently).

#6 out batsmen have no idea what partnership is. Even Zim's have performed better in that category.

israr
August 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
the only positive, Rajib's hattrick, even that's useless!!!!!!!!!!!1

Duck
August 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
@pilot fan (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1098).............you are special to find the positives out of the ruins.......duh....:E

ialbd
August 4, 2006, 01:05 PM
eito arektu pore oi zimbo fan ilz ashbe kata ghaye nuner chhita dite, positive onek kisu bair hobe tokhon....
________
Magic Flight (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 01:16 PM
Positives Of The Series?

That you still didn't changed your nick thats called guts that the team lacks.

cricket_dorshok
August 4, 2006, 01:30 PM
Positives Of The Series

Bhai, apne to dekhtesi amago Cricket Adminstrator der lahan kotha koitesen!!!!!!!!! johon theikka cricket khela dekha suru korsi, tokhon theikka sei ekei kotha huntasi. ekekta series har, r amago cricket kormokorta, kaptan, coach, hoggolei sei ekei gaan, ai series theikka ai positive, oi series theikka ai positive, etc etc. kohono negative kisu paini kono series theikka. to eto positive jai (gelo) koi je amago 3rd string ZIm'r sathe jassetai vabe harte hoi. so, please find some negative point from the every match BD plays and try to rectify it so that each negative becomes positive in the next match.

babubangla
August 4, 2006, 01:54 PM
Positives Of The Series?
That you still didn't changed your nick thats called guts that the team lacks.

He is just feeling nostalgic.
He used to love the old PIlot Ink Pens and Pilot Pelikan Inks.
Hence the name Pilot-Fan.

http://home.foni.net/~cpopfinger/schreib_4.jpghttp://www.fountainpenhospital.com/images/vintage_images/pkr_ti_titan.jpg

Nasif
August 4, 2006, 02:22 PM
[বাংলা]এইসব বলে লাভ নাই, এই ধরনের আজাইরা খেলার মধ্যে কোন পেজটিভ নাই। যে ব্যাট ধরতে জানে না তাকে স্ট্রেইট ব্যাটে খেলার কথা বলেতো আর লাভ নাই, গাধাকে যতই বলেন "তুমি ঘোড়ার চেয়ে শক্তিশালী", সে গাধাই থেকে যাবে; ঘোড়া হবে না।[/বাংলা]

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 02:26 PM
#4 is not a positive. Players like this can't change their habits. A bit negetive for test cricket when ever we will play.
Technically not a positive, but from practical point of view positive indeed. Aftab averages 30 in this series. If we had 6 Aftabs for the first six positions, then we would score 180 in no time. Zimbo bowlers are generous enough to give plenty of extras, plus the remaining batsmen could just play out the overs without thinking about the score and in the end we would still end up with a score of 250.

Zunaid
August 4, 2006, 02:29 PM
I have to wholeheartedly agree with Nasif. There are no positives here. Some may point to Farhad's performance but mind you, there are many such Farhads waiting in the wings to play their heart out for Bangladesh. This won't happen while this current timid set of selectors try to use duct-tape to fix a deeper problem.

For many of the oldies, their time has come. However, I am not one who is wont ro rant and rave at the same cricketers who have, when they could, served their country well. I will salute them for their service, show them the door and hold the same door open for Richard McInnes' charges to fill the roster.

nasifkhan
August 4, 2006, 02:31 PM
If we had 6 Aftabs for the first six positions, then we would score 180 in no time.

if we had 5 tendulkars and 5 Wasim Akram and 1 Gilchrist...then we could be the World Champion.....ki tai na?

Miraz
August 4, 2006, 02:59 PM
[বাংলা]এইসব বলে লাভ নাই, এই ধরনের আজাইরা খেলার মধ্যে কোন পেজটিভ নাই। যে ব্যাট ধরতে জানে না তাকে স্ট্রেইট ব্যাটে খেলার কথা বলেতো আর লাভ নাই, গাধাকে যতই বলেন "তুমি ঘোড়ার চেয়ে শক্তিশালী", সে গাধাই থেকে যাবে; ঘোড়া হবে না।[/বাংলা]

No positives really. We lost all the positives we achieved over the last few years.

Beamer
August 4, 2006, 03:03 PM
Shahadat..only positive. He is improving though today he had a rough time.

googo
August 4, 2006, 03:28 PM
I see no positives or anything that stands out for Bang, apart from that hattrick may be. They have not scored more than 250 in this series. If it was any other team, Bang whould have been slaughtered.

al Furqaan
August 4, 2006, 06:11 PM
Shahadat..only positive. He is improving though today he had a rough time.

whatever positives there are...in this series it is meaningless.

this series is different, because it is only the 3rd series in which we were favorites...and the first time we lost as favorites.

if this series had been against any team better than us, we would have some positives:

- shahadat's bowling
- reza's play

and thats about it. but the point of having positives is so that when u are a favorite you can win. and we didn't do that.

so why did we lose?

first off, our real and psychological preperation for this series was totally incorrect. bashar's absense only furthered the abysmal performance. even if bashar were to score ducks in ever game, his sudden departure and change of captaincy is enough to disorient a team as inexperienced as ours.

on the field, our fielding was poor. the one time we did well, we won by 60 odd runs. our overall play was listless and lethargic. bowling was incosistant. 1st ODI, spinners didn't show up; 3rd and 4th matches, the pacers went on a holiday. you cannot do that and expect to win.

psychologically, any improvements in temperament that was gained in wins against India, Sri Lanka, Australia, and Kenya were non-existant. aftab seemed intent to just slog his way to an early dismissal. ashraful, i will say, actually didn't do that bad. in fact, he had a pretty ok series so far. just a bit unlucky. the reason, he looks worse than he is...is because his usual play is so volatile, fans refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. unless he scores big, it won't register. the batting was overall, very shaky...even more so than before the improvements because run rates were generally lower at the end of the match than they were in the first 20 overs.

another key contributing factor, was the fact that this time our bowling did not hold up. in fact had our bowling just been bad, we would be tied in this series 2-2 and playing for a win tomorrow. generally, bowling is the most diciplined and solid part of our game. but not so here.

perhaps a fresh start in kenya will work wonders for our morale in the coming months. but if the mindset of our players don't change...further embarssments await in Nairobi.

Sovik
August 4, 2006, 06:36 PM
we knew the capabilities of our team

SMHasan
August 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
Positives! Pls dont make me laugh. They played some amature cricket, poor, rubish cricket. They dropped catches, had lots of runouts, bats didn't talk at all. Where did u find the positives? If u can't beat the Zombies then quit playing cricket.

CricTiger
August 4, 2006, 09:24 PM
Positives! Pls dont make me laugh. They played some amature cricket, poor, rubish cricket. They dropped catches, had lots of runouts, bats didn't talk at all. Where did u find the positives? If u can't beat the Zombies then quit playing cricket.

and START PLAYING DANGOOLI ....:E

mhferdaus
August 4, 2006, 09:28 PM
Mashud as a captain showed how much should we appreciate Habibul Bashar's captaincy :D, and one more thing, at his current form ( getting team mates to run out ), he should bat at 11 ...

Tokyobreeze
August 4, 2006, 09:54 PM
We might consider putting Aftab late in the order to reduce his over-confidence little.Good batsman, but as a batsman it's more important to know when to start blasting and when to stop..Otherwise, he will get stuck in those less-ball 30's...Farhad Reza is the only positive thing for me in this series.

BostonTigers
August 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
positives???????? for God's sake we lost to zim. there is no point blaming pilot or other individual players. we lost the 1st odi under habibul. and as for aftab he is atleast scoring 30s in quick time on a regulare - something which many of our batsmen are uncapable of doing.

bapzmania
August 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
After losing against Zimbabwe still looking for positive!!..Few people are talking about farhad reza believe me there are at least hundred's of farhad reza available who can perform against this ordinary Zimbabwe team. There is no positive...but sudhu ekta moment ache jeta valo lagese seta holo Sahadat er Hat-trick.......

Tokyobreeze
August 5, 2006, 12:34 AM
Positives about Farhad Reza is not that he scored few handy runs...It was that even being so fresh in the International Cricket he showed responsibility which so called meritorious (Like Ash-ra-fool) couldn't show!The consistency of Shahriar Nafess is also another good thing which shows some hope (for me now hope means we don't loose to Barmuda...)

         .....

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 5, 2006, 01:00 AM
I think Only positive is Farhad Reza... he is newcomer..he watching his so called experienced team members being out so irresponsibly...controlled his nerve and played better although he is newcomer......I think players like S nafees and Farhad Reza should get chance now..because..they dont have any hero sticker on their forehead ...like the big looser ashraful,kapali,pilot has!

akabir77
August 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
only positive is i have called name after five years so get to practice those dhakia galies

cricketboy
August 5, 2006, 05:47 PM
Forhad Reza, I think he has the talent and temperament to play international cricket.

salin
August 6, 2006, 02:21 AM
Only positive is we got a task to take revenge in ICC championship.... I am sure we will win on that occasion with big margin as I understand our players and management's psychology