PDA

View Full Version : In what way can Bangladesh compensate for this series loss?

israr
August 4, 2006, 12:41 PM
I know it’s very disappointing; all of the avid followers here at Bangla cricket are simply frustrated. It’s difficult to elaborate on this loss so I am being laconic here. Now here’s my question: In what way would the cricket world (ok, let’s ignore that, they’ll never understand), most importantly, all of us (I mean the members of banglacricket; cause I believe we guys are the best of the best cricket fans) will be satisfied in the future and obliterate this nightmare series. OK let me be very simple here. In what way do you think Bangladesh can compensate in future for this caliber of loss. For me, BD have to whitewash <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=Bangladesh</ST1http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=Kenya</st1:country-region>, atleast qualify to the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round of Champions Trophy, and whitewash <st1:country-region w:st="on">Zimbabwe </st1:country-region>convincingly in the coming home series and climb to ninth rank of the odi championship table before the world cup. How would you like it to be done??????:rolleyes:

sadi
August 4, 2006, 12:48 PM
for now, I would like to win the last game... 4-1 will be really shameful... then win against kenya...

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
By winning the remaining four games (Kenya series included), and winning all ODIs against Zimbabwe in our home series.

Any decent performance in the Champions trophy will be a bonus. Can't expect anything from this broken spririted team against Srilanka/WI.

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
The problem with the selectors is they will still give the oldies chance to revive their career for the next 4 ODI. Then when they will fail ... give some kid(s) a chance in Chanpion trophy... and then drop them (new kids), then make a case to bring back the oldies... they will do mixed result against Zim in Bangladesh... send the oldies to vacation tour in World CUP.... and then you know what .... the HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF for people who never learn from their mistakes.

If you want to bring new bloods in the team... this is the time. Not just before Champions trophy or World Cup.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
The problem with the selectors is they will still give the oldies chance to revive their career for the next 4 ODI. Then when they will fail ... give some kid(s) a chance in Chanpion trophy... and then drop them (new kids), then make a case to bring back the oldies... they will do mixed result against Zim in Bangladesh... send the oldies to vacation tour in World CUP.... and then you know what .... the HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF for people who never learn from their mistakes.

If you want to bring new bloods in the team... this is the time. Not just before Champions trophy or World Cup.

:up: you read my mind...

Rubu
August 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
Bangladesh cannot compensate for this series. however those players can.

by not coming back to bangladesh.

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 02:09 PM

Ditto. :up: :up:

Something drastic needs to be done, and this is the time. We are lucky that it is only against Zimbabwe this time, not in an important event like WC2003. Many people can argue whther making the 3 WC 2003 openers scapegoat was justified or not, but ultimately this cleanup had good effect on BD team again. Now we usually lose 2 wicksts inside 10 overs (on average) instead of 3-4 wickets.

Big cleanup time has come again.

6alltheway
August 4, 2006, 02:10 PM
stop playing cricket coz they are pathetic.

Thirdman
August 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
Compensate? By selling their cricketing gears (and themselves also, if there is any buyer) on e-Bay and donating the proceeds to Zimbabwe Lion and Cheetah (or whatever) zoo. At least, they will do some good to the Mother Earth by helping the conservation.