PDA

View Full Version : Build a team of 11 idiots

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 01:06 PM
and they'll do better our golden boys.

I've never rated Afridi too highly since he's a brainless maniac. But if our team had 11 Afridis, then we would far better than what we are doing now with this bunch of "learning/talented" cricketers. Afridi has more Test/ODI centuries, ODI fifties than any of our batsman and his scoring rate of fifty/century is not worse than our batsmen. In test he avrages more than Bashar, and in ODIs he average more or equal compared to our batsmen. He scores faster than everybody else, can bowl better than most of our bowlers.

Such a team will win at least 1 out of 10 occasions against big boys (insted of 1 out of 50), and almost always destroy the minnows.

Scrap all those so called development squads, cricket academies and talent hunts. With determined effort, we can surely find 11 players like Afridi from a population of 140 millon.

sadi
August 4, 2006, 01:16 PM
lol

Fazal
August 4, 2006, 01:18 PM
You may not like Afridi, thats fine. But don't think it will be that easy to find another Afridi, even the popolation increase to 280 mils.

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 01:19 PM
Take Aftab as an example. He's not an idiot like Afridi, but surely keeps things simple which many of our players don't do. Unlike Ashraful he doesn't talk a lot about "learning, maturing with time", but let his bat talk for him (although for short durations). Most of the rare good moments of BD batting in this series came from Aftab/while Aftab was in the middle. He doesn't listen to people much, keeps doing what he does best.

In tests, Bashar can be another example. Didn't change his batting style much despite lot of criticisms, but still scores regularly and averages significantly more than most of our batsmen.

Spitfire_x86
August 4, 2006, 01:21 PM
You may not like Afridi, thats fine. But don't think it will be that easy to find another Afridi, even the popolation increase to 280 mils.
Half Afridis will be good enough. We can do with a SR of 80-85 instead of 108, and 11 of them don't have to be a capable bowler either.

layperson
August 4, 2006, 01:31 PM
Bangladesh lost a match winner the day I decided to stop pursuing cricket as a career.:)
Some people might think I am joking and to some extent I am but I know for sure that I would have done much better than most of the batsman and bowlers on this tour. However fielding wise I would have been at par with rafique.

Rabz
August 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
agree with what u said spitty.
lets look at it the other way..

lets get 11 idiots to represent the whole nation, who can go out and kill the reputation of the country ( of whatever is left) and ashame and disgust the whole nation

BangladeshFan
August 4, 2006, 05:38 PM
hmmm mashrafi's last over...... i can bowl 6 balls and none of them will be full tosses or wides. if taylor can hit them for 6, good, but atleast i wouldnt give loppa fulltosses. at the end of match, the zim commentator summarised it well "bangladesh has just allowed zimbabwe to come back from no where".

Sorry
August 4, 2006, 06:01 PM
I also agree with spitfire. In support to his point, I recall social theory of a Russian Sociologist. He suggested that ‘De-schooling’ society is better than formal educated society. To justify his arguments, I should point out that if Tarzan lived in the forest happily and healthy without any modern facilities, why cant we do that? No need to mention that he managed to lure Jane. We need 11 Tarzan.

Sovik
August 4, 2006, 06:55 PM
dukkhe hasi ashtese

FagunerAgun
August 4, 2006, 10:49 PM
Brilliant idea..but you forgot one thing bro..you need a super idiot selector to select those 11 idiots, I mean those typical idiots who will never change.

Those idiots need gono dhulai..just gono dhulai.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 4, 2006, 11:54 PM
i thought that bd team was improving in ODI sectors at least........
but u know something..? never think ..whenever u think,that frustrates u more...
Zimbabwe is showing 99% of their capability....may be their capability is 60...so 99% of 60= 58....and Bangladesh is showing 50% of their capability..may be their capability is 75( greater than Zimbabwe)....but 50% of 75=38 (less than Zimbabwe)..........and this is what happening......

my brother told them idiots.......but i should add more...i will call them innovated and invested idiots.......