PDA

View Full Version : Why Sakib al Hasan didnot get a chance?

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 6, 2006, 12:46 AM
we were arguing about forhad reza....
and now world is watching what he is...

we were sure about our ashraful's magic
still now we r searching it if we have patience enough....

we have choosen mushfiq rahim as a silent spectrator..
i think he only will get chance if pilot has decided 2 ball...

the big tigers have forgotten how to roar... i think selector faruk, coach Dev and mr lobby are feeding tigers grasses only....

now come 2 my topic....

why sakib al hasan didnot get chance?????? i dont think anybody would have opposed..if he had got a chance!!!

would u??

fwullah
August 6, 2006, 11:10 AM
Sakib did well today, considering its his debut match and we're playing a pressure game vs. Zimbabwe.

Fazal
August 6, 2006, 11:48 AM
Why Sakib al Hasan didnot get a chance?

Because the team selectors are lacking two things: a)"Ghilu" and b) "Buker Pata"

sar2005
August 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
Ghilu - that covers everything!! Shob potoler dol..........need a change now in the S comittee.

akabir77
August 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
how come u people have such short memory? not long ago this bangladesh team had the highest debu's given by any team in the shortest time and result we all know... now after one series we want to go back to that agian? every match 2 debu? cause there will be some players who wont score so drop them and take new faces?? what a idea... friend find some thing new that idea already been tried by other selectors and failed...
but i do agree these selectors have less talent.. they just can't chg the game plan right after 1 game they wait until its too late.....

akabir77
August 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
how come u people have such short memory? not long ago this bangladesh team had the highest debu's given by any team in the shortest time and result we all know... now after one series we want to go back to that agian? every match 2 debu? cause there will be some players who wont score so drop them and take new faces?? what a idea... friend find some thing new that idea already been tried by other selectors and failed...
but i do agree these selectors have less talent.. they just can't chg the game plan right after 1 game they wait until its too late.....

cracky
August 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
sakib and reza should have been included since the first match, or at least from second. But the selectors does not have any ghilu. I am sure on the first match against Kenya they will again keep Sakib(or even Reza) out of the first 11. After 2 defeat they might again include them.

Haradhon
August 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
Sakib has not been tested yet, because the 5th ODI was about salvaging some pride, and there was no pressure on our players. I was surprised by Rajin's 4/16 records - can he repeat it?

cricket_pagol
August 6, 2006, 03:21 PM
BECAUSE, sakib does not have chacha/mama/relative in BCCB!

baisab
August 6, 2006, 08:11 PM
BECAUSE, sakib does not have chacha/mama/relative in BCCB!
SO true, there is too much nepotism in the selection comittee :-/ , come to think of, our whole country runs on "mamu bhagna" phylosophy :(

CricTiger
August 6, 2006, 08:21 PM
SO true, there is too much nepotism in the selection comittee :-/ , come to think of, our whole country runs on "mamu bhagna" phylosophy :(

In this beautiful country of ours, everything is possible here. How come S are getting 90k/month from the board and keep doing business with the board? Do they ever heard the term, conflict of interests?:mad:

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 7, 2006, 01:54 AM
friends.... sorry for being late...but i posted it before the 5th match...and at the 5th match they took sakib....and the result u r watching!!...

i think these selectors r completely corrupted....i donno how they r..but if u bring incidents about cricket of bangladesh and logic together.... u will definitely find it..

what people like us oriented less than them in cricket are able to see whats happening and why and understand need of innovation.....they r not realizing it....dont they know what we know...its nothing like that....so they r corrupted ..and i can bet..

sunny747
August 7, 2006, 02:02 AM
that's the million dollar question why sakib was not in the team.....obviously he could have easily replaced instead of aalok.

Dhakablues
August 7, 2006, 02:25 AM
Wait a min here.. why are you blaming the selectors again? Arent they the ones who selected Saqib and Forhad for this tour? Isnt the Skipper ( and in Bangladesh's case, Coach) decide who is in the playing 11? Are you not barking at the wrong tree?

PoorFan
August 7, 2006, 04:23 AM

<!--StartFragment -->Because one hell of a lucky guy ( life long ) named Alok is there.

thebest
August 7, 2006, 04:55 AM

<!--StartFragment -->Because one hell of a lucky guy ( life long ) named Alok is there.

you forgetting ash-fool

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 07:10 AM
sakib & mushfiq is still young to play in national side. they are good players but are not mentally strong enough. just look at ashraful, nafess iqbal. what they had done in under 19 level were amazing but look at them now

Spitfire_x86
August 7, 2006, 08:25 AM
Ashraful didn't do that well at U-19 level.

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 08:28 AM
but what about nafees iqbal.

Fazal
August 7, 2006, 08:33 AM
sakib & mushfiq is still young to play in national side. they are good players but are not mentally strong enough.

Can you please explain a lit-bit about your observation/comment? The reason I am asking to explain a lit-bit is upto now I though they are not tested/tried long enough to say either way if they are mentally strong enough or not in national level. I thought in lower level (u-19) they should they mental strength.

Spitfire_x86
August 7, 2006, 09:22 AM
He tried to become (or the team management wanted him to be) JO jnr. and paid the price for it.

Everyone can try to emulate JO, but JO's incredible luck cannot be inherited.

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 09:44 AM
Can you please explain a lit-bit about your observation/comment? The reason I am asking to explain a lit-bit is upto now I though they are not tested/tried long enough to say either way if they are mentally strong enough or not in national level. I thought in lower level (u-19) they should they mental strength.

their mental toughness will be reflected when they will be playing against stronger team like australia, south africa england and others. Mushfiq scored a century in a practice match in england and he failed in the tests. its not his techniq that failed him, its the nerve. but if we have to test some youngstars, kenya and zimbabwe and other assocites are the right opponent

Fazal
August 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
their mental toughness will be reflected when they will be playing against stronger team like australia, south africa england and others. Mushfiq scored a century in a practice match in england and he failed in the tests. its not his techniq that failed him, its the nerve. but if we have to test some youngstars, kenya and zimbabwe and other assocites are the right opponent

Oh ok... based on few failures 1 year ago you think Mushfiq is still not strong enough. As far as I know in local series his lack of experience playing against good spinners and fast bowlers also showed up. He was nervous no doubt a year ago... but in this kind of ages... a lyear ater can make a big difference. I thought what he is missing is lack of experience against quality opponents more than his mental strength. I thought that one thing that he showed during his last few tours with u-19 and team-a is: he is very far ahead of his age, is his mental strength. I think he was pretty weak against quality spinners last year.

How about Sakib? You mentioned about Sakib's name also. Do you still beleive he also lacks mental strength?

However I agree with you partially that "if we have to test some youngstars, kenya and zimbabwe are the best team to test on" but also they should try them in ODI first rather than test. Rahim was tested in TEST first last year. That was another mistake.

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 10:02 AM
sakib hasn't been tested yet. i am optimistic about him but think he is the kind of cricketer we need but we need to see him playing against kenya and ICC champions trophy to see if he is ready for the big league.

(seing Javed playing international level for so many years, i think everyone has a chance)

roi
August 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
why sakib al hasan didnot get chance?????? i dont think anybody would have opposed..if he had got a chance!!!

would u??
Wel, Sakib just only played 1 match...so seat back to your seat....Need more time to coment anything on him.Remember, it was not that much pressure match as like 4th ODI. Ash also scored 100 in his debue match or like that.
And please stop kicking selectors as*....This is really a thankless job apart with comission scandal.

kalpurush
August 7, 2006, 02:45 PM

Because the team selectors are lacking two things: a)"Ghilu" and b) "Buker Pata"

Plus, they didn't get the commission according to their demand!:D

akabir77
August 7, 2006, 03:39 PM
If we had a live stat for bd supporters of supporting young star.. One could see how fast they grow and disapear...

cricketboy
August 7, 2006, 05:24 PM
Because Golla is a experienced player who gaves BD a solid start 100% of the time, LOL. Plus he has a trike rate of 90 and average of 40. :D

Dhurr
August 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
He has only played one match. Let's not call him a hero or a superstar or a star of the future yet. Also, let's not talk about his consistency or ability to handle pressure. Let him play a few matches, and then we can talk. He played one match, and he played really well. So, let's give him his dues. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dhurr
August 7, 2006, 07:52 PM
how come u people have such short memory? not long ago this bangladesh team had the highest debu's given by any team in the shortest time and result we all know... now after one series we want to go back to that agian? every match 2 debu? cause there will be some players who wont score so drop them and take new faces?? what a idea...

Wait a min here.. why are you blaming the selectors again? Arent they the ones who selected Saqib and Forhad for this tour? Isnt the Skipper ( and in Bangladesh's case, Coach) decide who is in the playing 11? Are you not barking at the wrong tree?

Agreed. Folks, please read these two posts.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 7, 2006, 09:17 PM
Wel, Sakib just only played 1 match...so seat back to your seat....Need more time to coment anything on him.Remember, it was not that much pressure match as like 4th ODI. Ash also scored 100 in his debue match or like that.
And please stop kicking selectors as*....This is really a thankless job apart with comission scandal.

yeah need more time...but and when that time will come?...forhad reza needs more time--it has been said...but what he is playing....

when they took shahriar nafees.......everybody asked!!! nafees should get more time to build up mental strength...and see what nafees is today now........

i m not commenting on sakib........we need this type of player now..coz if ur so called time-taken heroes continue to fail..we should not be stuck into same line up.....if sakib is more promising..he should get chance..thats what i m saying...

Fazal
August 7, 2006, 10:16 PM
Wait a min here.. why are you blaming the selectors again? Arent they the ones who selected Saqib and Forhad for this tour?
Sure they deserve some credit and thanks for pointing that out.

Isnt the Skipper ( and in Bangladesh's case, Coach) decide who is in the playing 11? Are you not barking at the wrong tree?
May be may be not. It all depends... and the problem is we don't know who select the final 11. There are different theories but no concrete proof. Today a daily newspaper also claimed that Dav and specifically one influentioal person from Dhaka selects the team. Only BCB can clear out the confusion. Until then the blaming game will continue for team's bad selection even its barking at the wrong tree.

Please read the follwoing thread to get a sample of the confusion:

Who selects the final eleven? (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17025)

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 06:20 AM
i wanted to see nafees iqbal playing in international level for long time, but he wasn't selected, and when he did, he failed miserably. i think our selectors should not select young players against stronger team.

these two series were the perfect plot to test our players. as they gave a chance to reza and he did well so far. if he could play 3 more matches against kenya his confidence will be boost and will not be nervous against those stronger team like mushiq felt. and i would like to see sakib and mushfiq against kenya too

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 8, 2006, 09:50 PM
i wanted to see nafees iqbal playing in international level for long time, but he wasn't selected, and when he did, he failed miserably. i think our selectors should not select young players against stronger team.

these two series were the perfect plot to test our players. as they gave a chance to reza and he did well so far. if he could play 3 more matches against kenya his confidence will be boost and will not be nervous against those stronger team like mushiq felt. and i would like to see sakib and mushfiq against kenya too

thats what i mean too.... if promising youngers r not tested with these weaker teams of cricket arena...why did we select them? and why should we will dare them to play against big countries like aussies?

cricketboy
August 9, 2006, 01:42 AM

This guy is worse than ALok Kapali, except a century against the Zims he never performed for thr natinal team good enough.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 9, 2006, 02:58 AM
we r talking about sakib.......... nafees iqbal!!!!!...huh... expirence can give a little thing may be nothing if u dont use it effectively------thats what i wanna say about nafees iqbal as well as alok kapali...

but the thread is for sakib..

MarufH
August 9, 2006, 10:13 AM
Well, I think Saqib has the capability.. taking the selectors side.. I think it was better cause it is making him grow.. I just dont wanna waste another Ash.

Fazal
August 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
"Nera Ek bari Bell Toa jai" and the folks who are against giving Sakib a try now is most likely either a Nera or a Taklu.

Its a safer way to deal with not making any repeated mistake.

But look what they are missing, the opportunity to collect some 'Paka Bell' from Bell Tola there by the opportunity to cooling their taklu matha with a glass of ice-cold bell-er shorbot.

LateCut
August 9, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I think Saqib has the capability.. taking the selectors side.. I think it was better cause it is making him grow.. I just dont wanna waste another Ash.

Exactly my sentiment. However, playing agains Kenya should be a low pressure situation. This is the place to do it if you want to try out some younger players.

Sovik
August 9, 2006, 02:07 PM
This guy is worse than ALok Kapali, except a century against the Zims he never performed for thr natinal team good enough.

nafees tried to be another JO. that century against zim almost broke record of longest nock in 4th innings

sadi
August 9, 2006, 03:08 PM
atleast it was in a test match... JO tries to break it everytime he plays a odi

thebest
August 10, 2006, 09:11 PM
Today's Aajker Kagoj says that Sakib would be dropped with Mushy. What the guys did wrong in last match to be dropped ? They are playing TI, which selectors think not good enough to be in 15, but suddenly he become good enough to be in XI while Sakib, Mushi could not made the grade from 15 to 11.

Fazal
August 10, 2006, 10:32 PM
That raises the question of the century. Who selects the fianl 11?

Sovik
August 11, 2006, 09:43 AM
i thought sakib did a decent job with bat and ball. and mushfiq will be unlucky to be left out