PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh recall batsman Imran for Kenya tour

bapzmania
August 7, 2006, 09:06 AM
Bangladesh have recalled middle- order batsman Tushar Imran for next week's one-day series against Kenya, officials said on Monday.

Imran, who has played four tests and 35 one-dayers, will join the Bangladesh squad in Nairobi, where they will play Kenya on Aug.12, 13 and 15.

He was called up because regular captain Habibul Bashar has been ruled out for four weeks with a fractured thumb.

The most terrible thing is KM will be the captain again

Squad: Khaled Mashud, Tushar Imran, Javed Omar, Mohammad Rafique, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim, Alok Kapali, Shahriar Nafees, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, Saqibul Hasan and Farhad Reza.

Spitfire_x86
August 7, 2006, 09:17 AM
Waste of money. There's no need for a replacement batsman in this 15 man squad, especially it is just a 3 match ODI series.

Shafi
August 7, 2006, 09:20 AM
The way sakib al hasan and farhad reza performed who tushar imran will replace?? I read in the newspapers that board officials were eager to fly him in while the team management were against it.

Tigers_eye
August 7, 2006, 09:24 AM
The way sakib al hasan and farhad reza performed who tushar imran will replace?? I read in the newspapers that board officials were eager to fly him in while the team management were against it.
There is only one option.
1. Replace ash.

Fazal
August 7, 2006, 09:29 AM
ofcourse there are still other options available... but I doubt they will consider that. That is give one game rest (may be 3rd ODI) to the captain and let Rafiq/Tusahr/Rajin anyone to lead the team. Lot of other teams does that..... but NO.NO... Bangladesh cannot do that.

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 09:36 AM
when will al shahriar get another chance. tushar is the right choice cause he is a minnow basher

Spitfire_x86
August 7, 2006, 01:07 PM
There is only one option.
1. Replace ash.
That's not an option. We need to drop him because we played with one bowler less in the 5th ODI. We have to bring back Shahadat in his place (and Mashrafee will probably replace Rasel). Dropping Mushfiq Rahim wouldn't be fair, because he played only one match in Zimbabwe and didn't get chance to bat at all. Dropping Ashraful will just restore balance in the team, it won't create place for another batsman.

There's really no place for Tushar in this series, at least in the first two matches. And what's the point of flying him to Kenya to play only one match in a three match series, especially if the 3rd match is not a series decider?

cracky
August 7, 2006, 01:20 PM
I totally agree with you.

That's not an option. We need to drop him because we played with one bowler less in the 5th ODI. We have to bring back Shahadat in his place (and Mashrafee will probably replace Rasel). Dropping Mushfiq Rahim wouldn't be fair, because he played only one match in Zimbabwe and didn't get chance to bat at all. Dropping Ashraful will just restore balance in the team, it won't create place for another batsman.

There's really no place for Tushar in this series, at least in the first two matches. And what's the point of flying him to Kenya to play only one match in a three match series, especially if the 3rd match is not a series decider?

cracky
August 7, 2006, 01:34 PM
That's how our selectors are. I am sure for the first two matches they will use Tushar instead of Sakib. Then after two defeats and Tushar's bad performance they will revert to Sakib for the last match, and by that time it will be again too late.

layperson
August 7, 2006, 01:48 PM
Dropping Mushfiq Rahim wouldn't be fair

I am totally against playing two wicket keepers in Mashud and Rahim. Makes no sense and it just weakens our already weak batting line up. I agree with you where you said tushar does not get a place in the playing eleven for the kenya series. We should play with the same team as the last ODI except bring in one fast bowler (for me it is Shahadat) in place of Rahim. We can play mashrafee and rasel alternately for the 3 matches. Another thing we should try is playing rahim in place of pilot as many have already mentioned and give the captaincy to rajin since he was vice captain earlier.

kalpurush
August 7, 2006, 02:07 PM
The selectors are wastine our hard -earn money for nothing. There is no need for a batsman in the current squad. I wonder they might did it to get commission from Tushar, who knows!?

tutul
August 7, 2006, 03:03 PM
ofcourse there are still other options available... but I doubt they will consider that. That is give one game rest (may be 3rd ODI) to the captain and let Rafiq/Tusahr/Rajin anyone to lead the team. Lot of other teams does that..... but NO.NO... Bangladesh cannot do that.
I also want to see that too. or maybe drop Ash... :up:

Niceman70
August 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
what is the problem dropping mashud? It seems the selectors are scared...why?????? why not give captaincy to rafique and drop mashud. oh rafique can't speak english? look at inzi!

I am totally against playing two wicket keepers in Mashud and Rahim. Makes no sense and it just weakens our already weak batting line up. I agree with you where you said tushar does not get a place in the playing eleven for the kenya series. We should play with the same team as the last ODI except bring in one fast bowler (for me it is Shahadat) in place of Rahim. We can play mashrafee and rasel alternately for the 3 matches. Another thing we should try is playing rahim in place of pilot as many have already mentioned and give the captaincy to rajin since he was vice captain earlier.

Shafi
August 7, 2006, 05:20 PM
Mashud is the captain for the rest of the series. So there's no way that he's going to be replaced atleast in this one. Ashraful will surely be given chance in the first match. If a failure then they will go for sakib, I think. And in kenyan wicket I think Bangladesh will go for the shahadat and mashrafee duo. In our flat pitches kenyan batsmen showed how week they are against pace.

Shafi
August 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
By the way can any one tell me, when will be the three matches?

cricketboy
August 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
Tushar if he playes will replace Mushfique, if only BD playes 7 batsman.

SS
August 7, 2006, 05:41 PM
What's the point ...they will even loose against Kenya
I can't accept the fact that they lost the series against Zimb

SMHasan
August 7, 2006, 06:50 PM

12th 13th and 15th of this month.

Sovik
August 7, 2006, 07:11 PM
we have 4 more days to see some actions again

Zunaid
August 7, 2006, 08:13 PM

check the series section from the main menu at top.....

bapzmania
August 8, 2006, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86

I totally agree with you cause if Mushfiq didn't get chance then how he will show his batting talent then it will be really impossible to kick out Pilot that’s why Mushfiq should get chance and by the way it's not my headache who should drop the only thing I know Mushfiq should get chance in the best 11. If Mushfiq didn't get chance then which place Tushar will take. Don't want to say who is better batsman Mushfiq or Tushar????

al Furqaan
August 8, 2006, 11:17 AM
no need for TI...we have forhad, sakib, and mushy

akabir77
August 8, 2006, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86

I totally agree with you cause if Mushfiq didn't get chance then how he will show his batting talent then it will be really impossible to kick out Pilot that’s why Mushfiq should get chance and by the way it's not my headache who should drop the only thing I know Mushfiq should get chance in the best 11. If Mushfiq didn't get chance then which place Tushar will take. Don't want to say who is better batsman Mushfiq or Tushar????

why r u thinking mus er placey Ti ashbey???? Bhai ash thaktey jayger ki obhab asey naki team ey?

LateCut
August 8, 2006, 01:13 PM
Get Ash out anyway we can and with any excuse we have. Best would be Rahim replaces Ash. In this way the whole team will remain intact for the 3ODIs. But we know that is not going to happen. Instead, Tusher should replace Rahim for the first two ODIs. Bring him back for the third to replace Tusher if Mashud finds his batting form. If Mashud is not performing dump him in favour of Rahim.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 04:50 PM
mushfiq is still very young, not selecting him will not be the end of him. but i would like to see him playing but not as a wicketkeeper

Rubu
August 8, 2006, 06:38 PM
another proven A team material playing for national team. can we ever completely get rid of these?

Dhakablues
August 9, 2006, 02:01 AM
Please name a batsmen with lots of hype and didnt score didly squad the ZImbabwe series,,,, that player should be replaced by Tusher. Tusher is a proven batsmen who lead from front, came back with a series win and has the ability to " not throw wickets and not waste balls"... So, go figure who he will replace!! But surely enough he is playing at Kenya,, you like it or not because Bangladesh team needs to win and nothing comes in between that.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 9, 2006, 03:08 AM
thats a good move.......

thebest
August 9, 2006, 04:42 AM
Tushar has been given enough chance to prove his worth. But he failed to captilize once. Do any of you really think he would be successful this time? I would rather prefer Mehrab than TI.

Rabz
August 9, 2006, 04:49 AM
guys..i dont think TI is going there to play..its a good old BCB tactics...
some of our "important" MP's and board members would fly along with him, but if they just by themselves, it might come into media. so what u do?? u take the discarded player with u and enjoy some nice paid holidays under the banner of "national team enterouge"

cuz honestly, i dont see any reason for TI's inclusion in the team, when we already hv few players from the zim series to be tried and tested.

MarufH
August 9, 2006, 10:07 AM
I seriously thing these youngsters should play all three matches.. Tushar never should anything in National team..