PDA

View Full Version : Yes or No; Part - 2

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 08:50 AM
Khaled Mashud Pilot

Once warrior turned into swindler.

Was selfish and remains selfish.

Do you want to see Khaled Mashud Pilot again in the national team (after current series)?

Yes or No?

(I am encouraged by the apparent success of Spitfire_86)

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 08:57 AM
yes i do, atleast for this series. cause he is the acting captain. he has become the worst example of a batsman but he is still a good keeper.

Mushfiq will replace him sooner or later buti don't think the selectors will give mushfiq any chance to show his potential against kenya.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 09:00 AM
The Poll would have more negetive votes if the name was changed to Ash. A consistant non-performer. And we have several capable players now to replace a 20 average guy. :)

KM is still the best Wicket keeper we have. He is not a top order batsmen, never was.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 09:08 AM
KM is still the best Wicket keeper we have. He is not a top order batsmen, never was.

And that's the main reason to say him good bye :)

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 09:09 AM
yes i do, atleast for this series. cause he is the acting captain. he has become the worst example of a batsman but he is still a good keeper.

The poll is about Pilot's place after current series.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
i have already voted. so i can't change that but i will be very happy if he performs well with the bat.

khalifa
August 8, 2006, 09:46 AM
I've chosen 'yes' hoping against the hope that he will perform with his bat, and never run someone out again!

Rabz
August 8, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yes i do, i do want to see him in the national team after the current series and beyond. he might not be the best captain a team could ask for, but he certainly is still irreplacable in terms of his keeping and fighting/warrior persona.

im starting to believe that Pilot has become our biggest scapegoal amidst the series loss. seriously, had that over from Mashree bn any better, would we hv said all this about Pilot that we r saying now??

we could hv won the 3rd game and with that, the series.

on the 1st game, our leniency and over confidence lead us to defeat even after finding zims at 105/5 at one stage. and mind u, Bashar was the captain on that match.

on the 4th game, we were completely outclassed by zims, so no point blaming him. also the decision to bat or bawl first is not soley captain's decision, its a management's one. so go blame Dave and Manager as well.
and then go blame the our BATsmen who loves to fly away rather than scoring runs.

Rahim, the only viable replacement of Pilot, IMHO is not yet ready enough to play reguarly. he should be a regular fixture with the A team and might get a game or two somewhere in between.

Give Pilot a break, id say, not from the game but from criticism.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 09:53 AM
He has to stay till the worldcup atleast... we have to adjust to him basically... he is the best wicketkeeper we have and we will need him in the worldcup... I will prefer him coming down the order at number 9 or 10... ofcourse we would've liked a batting wicketkeeper but we have to deal with what we have right now... Mushfiq needs some time... Pilot stays till Mushfiq is ready to take over as a wicketkeeper...

Mr-Cricket
August 8, 2006, 09:54 AM
Mashud still has much to offer the team. He is still one of the premier Wicketkeepers in the world and offers stability to the lower middle order in Test matches as well as ODI's. Can't afford to part ways with the veteran, not yet anyway.

Must be the most one sided poll in history. :D

cricket_dorshok
August 8, 2006, 10:18 AM
i have already voted. so i can't change that but i will be very happy if he performs well with the bat.
offcourse everybody will be happy if he performs well with the bat. but atleast he is performing well enough as a keeper. if we justify his position in the team based on his batting performance, well I would like to justify our top order worhtless talented batsman's position first. Our most hopeless Ashrafull scored 81 runs from 4 matchs, whereas Pilot scored 91 runs from 4 matchs both batted. Pilot was never a great batsman like our 'TALENT' branded batsman nor was free stroke maker. Not only that in every match, he came to bat before or close to 30 overs (and 5/6 downs). Ashrafull came to bat when the team was much more better position than Pilot's one. So, what is the point to through him out!!!

Therefore, I would like to see him in the national team not only against Kenya series, but also atleast till the world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 10:32 AM
Everyone here is missing one point. Modern cricket requires much more from a wicketkeeper tha Pilot is able to deliver. Now a days Wicketkeeper is expected to contribute with bat. A good keeper never justifies anyone's position in the team.

We are now a test playing nation, not an associate country where we will be happy if our wicketkeeper hasn't given extra runs or hasn't drop sitters. Please have a look at other test playing countries and see the changes they are making..

Gones was fine with his glovework and was even getting better, England dropped him because they need someone who can produce more runs. Newzealand dropped Parore for for McCulum just for batting. Parthiv Patel was a good keeper but Dhoni simply erased him by his batting. WI dropped Ramdin for Baugh, same reason. Even Zimbabwe has a much better wicketkeeper batsman like Brendan Taylor.

even in associate countries, Kennedy Otieno of Kenya has much better ODI record than our beloved Pilot, still Kenya has got the courage to drop him.

Why we have to look at the glovework only?? Why we are limiting ourselves??

Its fine we are expecting Pilot to stay, but please don't bring his wicketkeeping ability to justify his position. Each and every wicketkeeper in test playing countries are either equal or even better than Pilot in glovework. The only difference is, they can score runs.

cricket_dorshok
August 8, 2006, 10:52 AM
Each and every wicketkeeper in test playing countries are either equal or even better than Pilot in glovework. The only difference is, they can score runs.

Each test playing nations have better No. 1 opener than us!
Each test playing nations have better No. 2 opener than us!
Each test playing nations have better 1 down player than us!
Each test playing nations have better 2 down player than us!
Each test playing nations have better 3 down player than us!
OUR KEEPER IS EQUAL IN KEEPIN ABILITY TO THOSE OF OTHER TEST PLAYING NATIONS!!!
OUR SPINNER (RAFIQ)IS WELL COMPARABLE TO THOSE OF OTHER TEST PLAYING NATIONS!!!
Each test playing nations have better No 2 strike bowler (pacer) than us!
Each test playing nations have better No 1 strike bowler (pacer) than us!

Results: Every test playing nations is better than us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sadi
August 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
Everyone here is missing one point. Modern cricket requires much more from a wicketkeeper tha Pilot is able to deliver. Now a days Wicketkeeper is expected to contribute with bat. A good keeper never justifies anyone's position in the team.

The problem is you can't compare Pilot with other test wicketkeeper... why not? Because you can't replace him with them... you have to see what we have and if we have anyone who can replace him right now... my answer is no... we still don't have anyone... mushfiq I believe is not yet ready to take this responsibility...

It depends on the priority... I am sure you agree with me, right now we have only two options... either pilot or mushfiq... pilot gives us better keeping where mushfiq MAY provide us with better batting skill but definately not there yet as a wicketkeeper... do you want someone who MAY score some more runs but drop couple of catches or someone who will keep better... don't bring other test wicketkeeper in here... I understand your point but we don't have that option here... if mushfiq had the same keeping skill, we could've definately go ahead and do that but thats not the case here

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 10:59 AM
why are we talking about his batting abilities. he comes at no. 7 when our superstas screw up. he is a great wicket keeper. if our batsmen played little bit better we never need pilot to face 50 balls. if really needed to replace someone that should be our top orders who are screwing up in every matches not pilot, at least he is doing his duty as a keeper

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:00 AM
Each test playing nations have better No. 1 opener than us!
Each test playing nations have better No. 2 opener than us!
Each test playing nations have better 1 down player than us!
Each test playing nations have better 2 down player than us!
Each test playing nations have better 3 down player than us!
OUR KEEPER IS EQUAL IN KEEPIN ABILITY TO THOSE OF OTHER TEST PLAYING NATIONS!!!
OUR SPINNER (RAFIQ)IS WELL COMPARABLE TO THOSE OF OTHER TEST PLAYING NATIONS!!!
Each test playing nations have better No 2 strike bowler (pacer) than us!
Each test playing nations have better No 1 strike bowler (pacer) than us!

Results: Every test playing nations is better than us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very weak and generalised statement again to justify Pilot's position. Cannot agree with you.

Cricket is a game to score runs and take wickets. You have to have ability either to score runs or take wickets. Every team requires a wicketkeeper as a part of the game & he srves the puropose by not only keeping wickets but also scoring runs.

Now our Pilot is just keeping wickets but not serving the other purpose.

For the rest part please check ICC test and ODI ranking, you will find how wrong you are in your statement. Our bowlers are better than many 1st/2nd pacer, 1st/2nd spinner of test playing countries. Even few batsmen has better ranking than few others.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:05 AM
The problem is you can't compare Pilot with other test wicketkeeper... why not? Because you can't replace him with them... you have to see what we have and if we have anyone who can replace him right now... my answer is no... we still don't have anyone... mushfiq I believe is not yet ready to take this responsibility...

It depends on the priority... I am sure you agree with me, right now we have only two options... either pilot or mushfiq... pilot gives us better keeping where mushfiq MAY provide us with better batting skill but definately not there yet as a wicketkeeper... do you want someone who MAY score some more runs but drop couple of catches or someone who will keep better... don't bring other test wicketkeeper in here... I understand your point but we don't have that option here... if mushfiq had the same keeping skill, we could've definately go ahead and do that but thats not the case here

Agree with you in most parts. Now the question remains, how can you judge Mushfiq's keeping abilty?? We need to play him to judge. He has done extremely well in U-19, A-team and first class level at his early age. Now you have an old horse who cannot serve your purpose but you still want to keep him in the race, and worries to try the new horse who is supposed to be better.

Isn't it a very conservative approach??

We must try Mushfiq. If he fails to deliver only then we can rethink about Pilot. This is a muct as Pilot is continuously failing to deliver.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 11:09 AM
If the captain is heart of a team then the Wicket Keeper is the lungs. He should be the fittest, agile, perkiest, and a source of encouragement to the fielders and bowlers 24/7. Musfiq may be a better batsmen (Although I still remember his outs against Australia - one word "Clueless") but certainly he do not have those skilled honed in yet. In time he will replace Pilot if he continues to work harder than pilot and performs better in the league. Other test nations had optioned so they used it. We don't have that luxury. We don't have anyone that fits the bill. Dhoni, Jones all are proven material in their domestic league. We have none like them yet.

Dhoni and Jones or any test playing nation enjoys a top order who are 1000 times consistant than ours. So they can play their natural game. Miraz, it is your opinion that "Each and every wicketkeeper in test playing countries are either equal or even better than Pilot in glovework." However I fail to agree with that. Making a statement like that needs some proof. have you seen Akmal goof up catches, stamp chances? How about Dhoni? or even Jones? They miss chances in regularity. Just because their bowling strength is better than ours they can afford it. Sangakkara is no longer the SL Wicket Keeper. They have a Genuine WK now.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:10 AM
why are we talking about his batting abilities. he comes at no. 7 when our superstas screw up. he is a great wicket keeper. if our batsmen played little bit better we never need pilot to face 50 balls. if really needed to replace someone that should be our top orders who are screwing up in every matches not pilot, at least he is doing his duty as a keeper

:)

Why you are thinking a wicketkeeper has to come at no. 7. If someone is batting at number 7, he should be able to accelerate from that point. Now, see what Pilot is doing, he is putting pressure on his partner regardless of position and is forcing them to take risks. He is playing sluggishly, remains in the crease and takes the credit of putting value to his wicket:mad:

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
This is what I had been trying to say but couldn't because of my limitaions. Thank you Sovik.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 11:16 AM
i haven't seen much of mushfiq. but he was keeping for bd against sri lanka when masud got injured and if anyone else rememberd, i saw him shaking his hand as if the balls hit him too hard. that was not for once but for couple of times.

first we should try mushfiq as a batsman and if he performs better he could replace pilot but not now. but we have to think about worldcup too. we should have five other wicket keepers from five other divisions who are keeping in national league. if pilot has to be replace its better be anyone from them. cause i don't want to see mushfiq crumble under pressure and his career gets meesed up like ash and nafees iqbal

Spitfire_x86
August 8, 2006, 11:18 AM
Pilot shouldn't play in the 1st XI, and since we have nothing but ODIs till WC2007 is over, it's perfect time to prepare Mushfiq Rahim for the future. When Pilot started out, he wasn't much older or more experienced than Mushfiq.

But our selectors/team management will never show the courage to sideline him. And it can be argued whether he has the ability to sit out without getting involved in plotting business.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 11:20 AM
:)

Why you are thinking a wicketkeeper has to come at no. 7. If someone is batting at number 7, he should be able to accelerate from that point. Now, see what Pilot is doing, he is putting pressure on his partner regardless of position and is forcing them to take risks. He is playing sluggishly, remains in the crease and takes the credit of putting value to his wicket:mad:
Playing sluggishly is a minor problem to most of us when the major problem is the top order who can't stick around 20-25 overs 90% of the time. Once the major problem is addressed we will support you for the sluggishness of Pilot and ask for replacement or push him down the order to your liking 10 or 11.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:22 AM
If the captain is heart of a team then the Wicket Keeper is the lungs. He should be the fittest, agile, perkiest, and a source of encouragement to the fielders and bowlers 24/7. Musfiq may be a better batsmen (Although I still remember his outs against Australia - one word "Clueless") but certainly he do not have those skilled honed in yet. In time he will replace Pilot if he continues to work harder than pilot and performs better in the league. Other test nations had optioned so they used it. We don't have that luxury. We don't have anyone that fits the bill. Dhoni, Jones all are proven material in their domestic league. We have none like them yet.

Dhoni and Jones or any test playing nation enjoys a top order who are 1000 times consistant than ours. So they can play their natural game. Miraz, it is your opinion that "Each and every wicketkeeper in test playing countries are either equal or even better than Pilot in glovework." However I fail to agree with that. Making a statement like that needs some proof. have you seen Akmal goof up catches, stamp chances? How about Dhoni? or even Jones? They miss chances in regularity. Just because their bowling strength is better than ours they can afford it. Sangakkara is no longer the SL Wicket Keeper. They have a Genuine WK now.

2 centuries and 3 fifties in 10 first class matches. I think that's even enough for a young batsman to earn a call in a team like Bangladesh which largely dpends on young players. In domestic league he is one of the leading run scorers. What to prove that he is a good batsman??

On second point, Our greatest (!!) Pilot also misses crucial stumpings, drops sitter and messes with run out chances like others. No one is perfect in keeping apart from few. But they all know how to score runs.

Gones is already repolaced. SL replaced Sangakkara to let him play more easily with bat, he was a much better keeper than Pilot. Recently Pilot is missing catches of Rafique, Enamul jr (I hope you can remember). Once he was world class, now I am sure he is not.

Now, if we become afraid to experiment a btter choice, Golla should be still our first choice opener. Why we all stop when it comes to Pilot. He is guilty of same crime done by Golla.
These type of players are now outdated. To progress we need to change them.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
Playing sluggishly is a minor problem to most of us when the major problem is the top order who can't stick around 20-25 overs 90% of the time. Once the major problem is addressed we will support you for the sluggishness of Pilot and ask for replacement or push him down the order to your liking 10 or 11.

Why not address both problems at the same time:confused:

We are bringing new players in the top order to solve the problem and sticking with Pilot with even more problem??

Why not bring someone (or even try) who can do better as a no.7/6/5 batsman??

Sorry, Really I failed to get your point.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 11:27 AM
An event like worldcup is big and can test your nerve. I don't want Mushfiq to go out there and make a mess and lose his confidence. I understand Pilot's batting is getting worse but his keeping is still topclass and we have to keep him till the worldcup. After the worldcup, we can have a smooth transition where Mushfiq takes over. Mirazbhai, just like I don't know how good of a keeper Mushfiq is, you don't know how good of a batsman he will be in internation level. Eventhough, batting is a big part of a wicketkeeper nowadays, keeping still remains the top priority. It will be really unwise and short sighted decision to bring Mushfiq just before a world cup. 5 odis can't make him prepared for such a big event. We will need him in the longrun and we surely don't want to make the same mistake again. Do we?

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 11:27 AM

they tried the best collapse stopper the world has ever seen and our world beater, super star and they gave us nothing but poor starts and a good batting collapse. only reza and nafees played few good innings and aftab just increased the run rates and got out and left us in a mess but everyone else didn't perform better than masud. if we had to open anoher yes or no, it should be ashraful cause he didn't score from the 2nd test match against srilanka. he failed against kenya, aussies and now zimbabwe. atleast pilot has been doing his main job very well.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:32 AM
An event like worldcup is big and can test your nerve. I don't want Mushfiq to go out there and make a mess and lose his confidence. I understand Pilot's batting is getting worse but his keeping is still topclass and we have to keep him till the worldcup. After the worldcup, we can have a smooth transition where Mushfiq takes over. Mirazbhai, just like I don't know how good of a keeper Mushfiq is, you don't know how good of a batsman he will be in internation level. Eventhough, batting is a big part of a wicketkeeper nowadays, keeping still remains the top priority. It will be really unwise and short sighted decision to bring Mushfiq just before a world cup. 5 odis can't make him prepared for such a big event. We will need him in the longrun and we surely don't want to make the same mistake again. Do we?

Dear, we have about 15 more ODI's before the world cup.

I think enough to test a new one. Now what makes you think that Mushfiq will make a mess in the world cup?? He was a captain of U-19 team, played with A-team reasonably well. Now its the time to gain some experience. Young players all over the world are adding good to the team. Allistair Cook was with U-19 side just two years ago, now he is performing consistently. I don't buy that Mushfiq will make a mess in WC.
These young players are the result of proper cricket education and they are more capable of handling pressure.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 11:36 AM
2 centuries and 3 fifties in 10 first class matches. I think that's even enough for a young batsman to earn a call in a team like Bangladesh which largely dpends on young players. In domestic league he is one of the leading run scorers. What to prove that he is a good batsman??

Really? Just because we made the same mistake again makes it okay to do it again? First of all, 10 first class match is way too little to judge anything plus remember our first class quality to the international level. I am not saying Mushfiq is bad. He is really good and he is our future, but there is no point rushing him into the main eleven.

Sometimes, you can't fix a problem, you have to cover it up. This is where we are right now. Since pilot can't be replaced as mushfiq isn't ready, two things can be done:

1. Pray that our top order clicks so Pilot don't have to bat.
2. Let batsmen like Rafique, Razzak or even Mashrafee go up the order.

That will cover the problem for now. We still need him as a keeper and its not always wise to take the easy way out.

ialbd
August 8, 2006, 11:36 AM
yes,
mushfiq will get his chance in another couple of years
________
DRUG TESTS (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 11:38 AM
Too many shuffling in the lineup disrupts the continuity and growth of the team. Few months back there was an article here on BC on the most debut by any team and it affects on performance. I think it is still in the archive. Change is good, but changing with new players too often too many times destabalizes the process of getting experienced. At this stage (test) there is no alternative to experience. That is the reason I am always on the side of less shuffling and reloading the lineup.

Now on the ground to have a viable option to if KM gets injured what would we do in the WC? In that case, if you ask me to support for the playing time of Mushfiq for the entire series at kenya, I can do that. But I would not replace KM from our team even at WC 2007. He is too valuable and experienced.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:40 AM
Sometimes, you can't fix a problem, you have to cover it up. This is where we are right now. Since pilot can't be replaced as mushfiq isn't ready.

Here lies all the problem. This attitude is killing us. We are too conservative about Pilot. have we tested Mushfiq to see whether he is ready or not?

We are praising Sakib/Farhad and justifying their inclusion and on the same ground we are saying Mushfiq is not ready!!!

Isn't it a double standard :confused:

sadi
August 8, 2006, 11:42 AM
Dear, we have about 15 more ODI's before the world cup.

I think enough to test a new one. Now what makes you think that Mushfiq will make a mess in the world cup?? He was a captain of U-19 team, played with A-team reasonably well. Now its the time to gain some experience. Young players all over the world are adding good to the team. Allistair Cook was with U-19 side just two years ago, now he is performing consistently. I don't buy that Mushfiq will make a mess in WC.
These young players are the result of proper cricket education and they are more capable of handling pressure.

i guess the number should be 11... 3 against kenya, 3 in champions trophy and then 5 against zimbabwe... now about cook... Cook was prepared for the internation level as he had already played county cricket.... just like I said on my other post our first class is nowhere near international level and it doesn't prepare a player well for interenation cricket... He has rest of his career to gain experience and play for bangladesh but I am not ready to experiment with him in worldcup... we have a proved performer in Pilot... you will really do a injustice to him if you compare him with Golla

sadi
August 8, 2006, 11:45 AM
Here lies all the problem. This attitude is killing us. We are too conservative about Pilot. have we tested Mushfiq to see whether he is ready or not?

We are praising Sakib/Farhad and justifying their inclusion and on the same ground we are saying Mushfiq is not ready!!!

Isn't it a double standard :confused:

You have to understand, Sakib is replacing someone who is totally worthless (read kapali) where Mushfiq will replace one of our best keeper ever (pilot)... ofcourse people will be conservative... thats not a double standard... when something isn't working, you don't care to try something new but when something is working quite well (read keeping), you think twice before changing it

Fazal
August 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
Actually Rahim at current stage (who just had his 1st ODI debute) is much more proven comodity than when Shahadat, Rasel, Sakib, Farhad and Razzak when they first came. Now if you see Ash, Aftab, Nafees and Nafis when they started their 1st ODI, I think Rahim has atleast as much u19/team-A experience as them (in their ODI debut).

talking about permanently replacing Pilot is premature. First we need to find a viable substitute for Pilot. It may be Rahim, it may be some one else in future. Now as Rahim is the only other wicket keeper in this team, its important that he plays atleast one game as a wicketkeeper.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:49 AM
i guess the number should be 11... 3 against kenya, 3 in champions trophy and then 5 against zimbabwe... now about cook... Cook was prepared for the internation level as he had already played county cricket.... just like I said on my other post our first class is nowhere near international level and it doesn't prepare a player well for interenation cricket... He has rest of his career to gain experience and play for bangladesh but I am not ready to experiment with him in worldcup... we have a proved performer in Pilot... you will really do a injustice to him if you compare him with Golla

I think its 15, 3 against Kenya, at least 3 in Champions Trophy, 7 against Zimbo's (home series) and we have two more ODI's against the associate countries before the WC.

Now, what makes Pilot superior to Golla. Check Golla's record, he has got few batting record behind his name. Scored quite a few runs, involved in two record partnership in tests and served BD for a long time, outstanding fielder. But truth is, he is now outdated like Pilot.

Pilot is a proved performer for Keeping. he is making the team imbalanced in case of batting. If we have to move him to no. 9, 10 spot in the batting line up. I think we don't need such a proven performer.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 11:52 AM
Actually Rahim at current stage (who just had his 1st ODI debute) is much more proven comodity than when Shahadat, Rasel, Sakib, Farhad and Razzak when they first came. Now if you see Ash, Aftab, Nafees and Nafis when they started their 1st ODI, I think Rahim has atleast as much u19/team-A experience as them (in their ODI debut).

talking about permanently replacing Pilot is premature. First we need to find a viable substitute for Pilot. It may be Rahim, it may be some one else in future. Now as Rahim is the only other wicket keeper in this team, its important that he plays atleast one game as a wicketkeeper.

That's my point. We have to try Mushfiq. We have to see how he performs at the international level. Without trying him, we cannot simply say 'he is immature' 'will make a mess' or 'inexperienced'.

Give him some chances and see how he responds.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 11:55 AM
lol finally I give up. Mirazbhai, I respect your opinion but its something either you get it or you don't. So, here is my last post about this.

We will need to keep him for his keeping. If our first seven or eight batsmen do their job properly, we should be okay. The problem is most of the time, they don't do their job properly. Every team has one or two player who really can't bat and they still have them because they do what they do best. Example, McGrath. We have to do the same till the worldcup is over. You can tell me australia can afford it but we can't. The point is he is there because of his bowling primarily. Pilot is here for his keeping. We would definately love it if he could continue his old batting form, but we can't just give up his keeping. He is way ahead of Mushfiq in this department.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 11:56 AM
We have several replacement of Golla now. Rajin (experienced), Sakib, Sadat (Not experienced) waiting on the wings. Dhiman, Mushfiq are all not experienced (international level). Easy to replace a non-performing top order. Not easy to replace a performing WK. The team will fall apart and more pressure will be added to H Bashar's captaincy.

Fazal
August 8, 2006, 12:02 PM
What pressure? Loosing a game? Loosing a series? Nangter abar Lozza.

Actually we don't have any pressure in the team like flat tire. Thats the problem, thats why non-peformers makes a permanent place in out teams. May be thats what we need, more presssure.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 12:04 PM
lol finally I give up. Mirazbhai, I respect your opinion but its something either you get it or you don't. So, here is my last post about this.

We will need to keep him for his keeping. If our first seven or eight batsmen do their job properly, we should be okay. The problem is most of the time, they don't do their job properly.

Don't give up brother :)

And that's why we need some one who can stabilise our batting and add some strength there. This is where Pilot is failing miserably. I take your point, if our top order do their job properly we can still fancy with Pilot, no matter how crap he performs with the bat. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Agree with me:)

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
The bottom line is Mashud do make little contributions but he wastes too many balls in doing so. He is not an ideal number 7 cause he doesn't have the ability to go for the shots when the team needs so. He is the ideal ''shomman jonok haar' type player. We need players who will go for victory whatever the sitaution. I have seen in numerous occasions when Mashud accepts defeat and goes for personal glory to boost up his average.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah I am still here :) but sorry can't agree. Isn't it like you are dropping Pilot because our top order isn't performing? Doesn't make any sense to me. Ofcourse, I agree with Fazal that we can go ahead and give Musfiq a chance or two in the upcoming games and see what he has to offer but just can't drop Pilot before the worldcup.

Fazal
August 8, 2006, 12:11 PM
lol finally I give up. Mirazbhai, I respect your opinion but its something either you get it or you don't. So, here is my last post about this. .

and then

Yeah I am still here :) but sorry can't agree. .

... I thought Musolman-er ek kotha.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 12:13 PM
Don't give up brother :)

Musolman bolei arek bhai er kotha na rekhe parlam na... :D

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 12:15 PM
...He is not an ideal number 7 cause he doesn't have the ability to go for the shots when the team needs so...
Our #7 has a different role to play than any other regular #7. I don't think I need any more explanation on this.

Again hawkeye, second day in a row. Do we have an ideal any number in our lineup? That arguement is as baseless as it gets. The best case scenario then would be not let BD play since we don't have anyone in our lineup who can be under the ideal mode of international standard.

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah I am still here :) but sorry can't agree. Isn't it like you are dropping Pilot because our top order isn't performing? Doesn't make any sense to me. Ofcourse, I agree with Fazal that we can go ahead and give Musfiq a chance or two in the upcoming games and see what he has to offer but just can't drop Pilot before the worldcup.

[বাংলা]এইতো ভাই, আস্তে আস্তে সঠিক পথে আসছেন :) ।
[/বাংলা]

Top order's inconsistency is definitely a reason but not the main one. It is the batting misery of Pilot which is forcing us to make his replacement. I have no problem with Pilot performing for the team, like I have no problem with JO performing for the team:)

Now both are failing terribly and both need farewell dinner:)

sadi
August 8, 2006, 12:23 PM
Bhaia, apni mone hoy ektu bhul bujjchen. Ami sob somoy e bolsi you can try him but we need Pilot for the world cup and I still stick to it.

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 12:23 PM
Again hawkeye, second day in a row. Do we have an ideal any number in our lineup? That arguement is as baseless as it gets. The best case scenario then would be not let BD play since we don't have anyone in our lineup who can be under the ideal mode of international standard.

We do have some quite decent SLA , we dove some decent new ball bowlers, we do have a consistent young opener, we do have some promising middle order batsmen.......

Even if we didn't have all these, what's the problem in addressing this problem along with others and look for a repacement who has the qualities that we are looking for.

Just think, this guy never gave us a single win in over 100 ODIs that he had played in. He thrives in hopeless situations when Bd has no chance of winning. Do we really need a player like that?

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 12:26 PM
Bhaia, apni mone hoy ektu bhul bujjchen. Ami sob somoy e bolsi you can try him but we need Pilot for the world cup and I still stick to it.

If we give enough opportunity to Mushfiq, mindset might change before the World Cup :)

At least we should agree that Mushfiq should be given enough chances to prove his mettle :) :)

Agreed???

desiman21
August 8, 2006, 12:27 PM
The answer is absolutly "YES". He has performed and continued to perform very well batting at lower order. With our "Top" batsman habit of throughing their wickets away, we need someone sensible at lower order.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 01:01 PM
If we give enough opportunity to Mushfiq, mindset might change before the World Cup :)

At least we should agree that Mushfiq should be given enough chances to prove his mettle :) :)

Agreed???

Yeah sure. I have nothing personal against him or for Pilot. The best keeper should play. If he can keep better than Pilot, why not. I doubt it though. He might bat a little better than Pilot but don't think he will come close in keeping.

bapzmania
August 8, 2006, 01:04 PM
First of all, 10 first class match is way too little to judge anything plus remember our first class quality to the international level

For your kind information none of his 100 came against any Bangladeshi 1st class team …….so be careful when you try to talk like this……..

nasifkhan
August 8, 2006, 01:09 PM

Agreed???

erokom chance Md Selim, Anwar Hossain namok dui jon wicket keeper ke deya hoisilo.....mone ase apnar? ....eder obosta ki ekhon janen? ..era koi khobor rakhen??? Foossh koira ashllo...4-5 ta match khello...abar foosh kore chole gello...r kono hodish nai eder.......Do u want Mushfiq to be like them?

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 01:12 PM
erokom chance Md Selim, Anwar Hossain namok dui jon wicket keeper ke deya hoisilo.....mone ase apnar? ....eder obosta ki ekhon janen? ..era koi khobor rakhen??? Foossh koira ashllo...4-5 ta match khello...abar foosh kore chole gello...r kono hodish nai eder.......Do u want Mushfiq to be like them?

Oh Dear!! are you comparing Mushfiq with them!!

Mushfiq came to current position by virtue of his own performance and he is much much better than the players you are mentioning.

He is product of BKSP and Development squad, U-19, A-team. Please don't just compare for the sake of comparison.

cricket_dorshok
August 8, 2006, 01:12 PM
The bottom line is Mashud do make little contributions but he wastes too many balls in doing so. He is not an ideal number 7 cause he doesn't have the ability to go for the shots when the team needs so. He is the ideal ''shomman jonok haar' type player. We need players who will go for victory whatever the sitaution. I have seen in numerous occasions when Mashud accepts defeat and goes for personal glory to boost up his average.

as long as our top order will fail, we will never win a single game whoever plays at no. 7. have a look our all the match records, u will find all our win came due to our top order performance. and when your top order go back pavillion within 20-25 overs, the lower order can do nothing but playing for sommanjonok har. and one special note, none our lower order are capable enough even for sommanjonk har but Masud. masud atleast performing his prime duty (keeping), are our top order performing their prime duty?
i am sure when our top order will start performing their prime duty they are suppose to, we will not need to go any poll relating to pilot or even to any lower order batsman(read bowler). 99% problem lies with our top order batting. comapre to top order problem, lower order batting is negligible and we are debating on this negligible problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sadi
August 8, 2006, 01:15 PM
as long as our top order will fail, we will never win a single game whoever plays at no. 7. have a look our all the match records, u will find all our win came due to our top order performance. and when your top order go back pavillion within 20-25 overs, the lower order can do nothing but playing for sommanjonok har. and one special note, none our lower order are capable enough even for sommanjonk har but Masud. masud atleast performing his prime duty (keeping), are our top order performing their prime duty?
i am sure when our top order will start performing their prime duty they are suppose to, we will not need to go any poll relating to pilot or even to any lower order batsman(read bowler). 99% problem lies with our top order batting. comapre to top order problem, lower order batting is negligible and we are debating on this negligible problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ditto :up:

cricket_dorshok
August 8, 2006, 01:17 PM
For your kind information none of his 100 came against any Bangladeshi 1st class team …….so be careful when you try to talk like this……..

if you consider him so extraordinary batsman, could you explain me why he scored only 24 runs in 4 innings (2 test) he played, and one of these was in his home place Bogra.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 01:20 PM

Sorry if I've hurt your feelings :-/ .... my first point remains the same... 10 first class match is just way too little of a number... about the secondone, one is against zimababwe A while the other one is against second string Northamptonshire... still a hundred no doubt but the quality is pretty evident...

cricket_dorshok
August 8, 2006, 01:28 PM
Just think, this guy never gave us a single win in over 100 ODIs that he had played in. He thrives in hopeless situations when Bd has no chance of winning. Do we really need a player like that?

This guy is not in the team to makes a century or takes 5 wickets to win. His main job is keeping and there he is a world class performer.
Have not you watched our ICC final!!! Last over 11 runs required! Then what he did!!! If not, I will request you to watch!!!!!!!!

Fazal
August 8, 2006, 01:44 PM
if you consider him so extraordinary batsman, could you explain me why he scored only 24 runs in 4 innings (2 test) he played, and one of these was in his home place Bogra.

Let me try to explain. That was a mistake that both sides agreed. You can find those thread hiding somewhere. Usually you don't try a new player in Test first unless he is really not a ODI type of player ( Gullu for example). Secondly you don't try a new player against really good teams like Aus, Engaland and Srilanka. He should have been be tried in ODI first and if possible against team like ZIM and Kenya.

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 02:11 PM
This guy is not in the team to makes a century or takes 5 wickets to win. His main job is keeping and there he is a world class performer.
Have not you watched our ICC final!!! Last over 11 runs required! Then what he did!!! If not, I will request you to watch!!!!!!!!

lol, why do people have to go back 9 years and also to a ICC Trophy level match to find a case of Mashud winning us a match. Doesn't that give you some kind of idea what I am trying to talk about.

Wicket-kepers do win matches for all the teams. Even Otieno and Taylor does for Kenya and Zimbabwe. But our Mashud just thrives on hopeless situations where the only beneficiary would be his batting stats.

So we are never getting from Mashud what even Kenya and Zimbabwe are getiing from their keepers. So what's the problem in testing someone young like Mushfiq who everybody knows has got lots of potential as a batsman. Isn't Kenya as an apponent seems right to you to blood a young player. We even have 7 more ODIs coming up against Zimbabwe. So to me it was the right time to bring some promising youngsters in because that would have enabled them to play about 6 months of international cricket against weaker opposition before going on to play aganst the better teams.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 02:19 PM
how many matches have Bashar won for us? he is the best batsmen in our team yet we can't pin point a single game where he played the most major role on our win? Lets drop him too. he is not a winner.

Who was the major player behind the win against Zim 2nd ODI? After we had succumbed to 5/76?

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 02:25 PM
how many matches have Bashar won for us? he is the best batsmen in our team yet we can't pin point a single game where he played the most major role on our win? Lets drop him too. he is not a winner.

He did make significant contributions in the wins aganst Australia and Srilanka. Also he is also not the type of batsman who would give up, then just bat out the remaining overs so that his batting stats look more rosy.

Spitfire_x86
August 8, 2006, 02:31 PM
After taking a look at this chart (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=326541&postcount=22), it shouldn't surprise anyone why many of us want to drop Pilot. He is one of the bottom ranked performers of this year. Two worst ones (JO and Alok) already got the boot, any many people want to see Ashraful dropped at least for a series. Unlike Ashraful, Pilot's batting hasn't won us any match (Ashraful was the top scorer in our victory against Srilanka and also scored a test century against Srilanka), and his average doesn't look as bad as Alok's because of few not outs and his selfish batting in few matches.

akabir77
August 8, 2006, 03:10 PM
put both in mush as a keeper and pilot as a captain who bats at 10

Rubu
August 8, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yes, but not as a captain or even vice captain. captain and pilot are like ada and kachkola. they just don't go togather. but I don't mind having him in the squad.

Hatebreed
August 8, 2006, 03:38 PM
Yes.. despite his constant failure to improve his batting he's still our best keeper and most experienced player. Obviously he's not a good leader so I hope he'll never become captain again.. He should probably stay until the WC, but if his performance is unacceptable like the last WC he should be removed immediately.

ammark
August 8, 2006, 05:58 PM
What a tiresome thread. Its way too early to replace Pilot behind the stumps outright. Perhaps this Zim+Kenya series wouldve been a good opportunity for Mushfiq to keep wicket, but with Bashar's departure I dont think it'd be wise to leave Pilot out of the fold. Anyways, I am all for Pilot to stay at least till the WC is over because frankly Mushfiq still has a lot to learn about keeping wicket at test level. I wouldnt want to throw him into the lions teeth and have him keep wicket at all our matches from now on. If anything it could be done like how Aus brought in Gilchrist: as ODI wk side by side with Ian Healy in Tests. But to say that Mushi has to replace Pilot NOW for every series is preposterous!

al Furqaan
August 8, 2006, 07:29 PM

no batsman did well there...plus he was only 17...and you can't base anything on 4 test innings. you can say he looks promising/crappy but u cant say for sure.

mushfiq will have to wait till after the world cup. mashud's keeping is necessary for us, even tho he scores runs slowly. our top order must perform, and perform well. otherwise we wont go anywhere.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 8, 2006, 10:05 PM
I have chosen yes ...coz i have no better option..but khaled now a days is terrible..........hope good wk will be found soon.

bapzmania
August 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
In this circumstances I would love to call him an extra ordinary batsman-wicket keeper. He didn't get any chance to keep except the match against Srilanka. How can you judge someone with that little period of time by the way I'm watching his progress since he is 13(real age now he is at least 19) and from that age he is doing keeping for Bangladeshi sides. Then how can people questioned about his keeping ability and why they are trying to compare only keeping…why not batting and keeping both…so Asta lavista…Pilot

roaring tigerz
August 9, 2006, 01:19 AM
I have no qualms about mashud's keeping. He has proved his worth behind the wickets time and time again. His batting ability in ODIs is my main concern. If you look at any top ODI teams, it is clearly evident that the role of a keeper is not just limited to holding on to catches and completing stumpings. They are essentially all-rounders, filling the dual role of also batting in the top 6. mashud for all his dogged determination and 'fighting spirit' is not an ideal lower middle order batsman. He is not adept at rotating strike or hitting 4s and 6s in the end overs.
The problem so far has been that we did not have any alternatives for Mashud. But in Mushfiq we have a keeper, who has the technique to bat in the top 6. He might not be ready yet for international cricket. But the selectors clearly do not think so, as they illustrated by selecting him in the squad. This is the ideal time to experiment and play Mushfiq for a couple of ODIs. If nothing, this competition should inspire Mashud to find a new level in his own game.

thebest
August 9, 2006, 03:56 AM
Miraz, First of all thank you. My 2 cents on this issue.
To me, Masud is still the best w/k of Bangladesh. But for ODI we do not need the best W/K we need the best batsman/w.k. That means w/k is the additional job. In ODI w/k is more a ball stopper. But Masud is failing terribly in batting. The logic some of us is putting is same logic they put for JO. Masud stats look good because he was trying to be there at the end, then looking for run. Thus putting pressure on his partner to do the run for the team. Otherwise how could u explain he could not score 6 runs in the last over to score his half century in the 2nd ODI. Because he preferred a not out score.
We are talking about our weak batting. But actually playing him now is making batting weaker. Because in Rajin, Aftab, Farhad, Sakib we have bowlers capable of bowling 20 overs. So if mushy or shahin (of Barisal div) play as W/k (bth of them are better batsman than Pilot at the moment it seems), we could accomodate another batsman. We need a dasher at no 8/9 not a grafter there. If there is a collapse Farhad (in 1st, 2nd OdI), Mushy (in u19) proved that they could do so without declerating the run rate. Even Sakib's innings is also like that. But these three have records to show that they can attack. Don't forget they are in learning curve.

MarufH
August 9, 2006, 10:08 AM
yeah.. i wanna see him untill 07 wc or if you say good bye.. drop him now and build Mush

Sovik
August 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
how about tushar imran. he had kept wicket for few times. atleast he will be able to stop the balls

nasifkhan
August 10, 2006, 06:59 AM
Oh Dear!! are you comparing Mushfiq with them!!

Mushfiq came to current position by virtue of his own performance and he is much much better than the players you are mentioning.

He is product of BKSP and Development squad, U-19, A-team. Please don't just compare for the sake of comparison.

do u think Musfiq is matured enough handle international match pressure?
do u think Musfiq can handle pressure previously faced by Masud?

Jokhon kono player khub bhalo perform kore tokhon taray niya shobai falafali kore...like your r doin with musfiq..... thik ei case hoisilo...Md Selim Anwar er jonnou......but 2-3 ta bad performance er karone ei player ra baad pore jacche....

masud er performance onek karap hoye gesay .....eta aami shikar kori...tai bole ki Musfiq Pilot ke replace korbe...... Please don't compare Pilot & Musfiq right now ...

I think Musfiq er aro 1 years A team er khela uchit .......

Miraz
August 10, 2006, 07:10 AM
do u think Musfiq is matured enough handle international match pressure?
do u think Musfiq can handle pressure previously faced by Masud?

Who knows??? Have we given that opportunity to Mushfiq??? Mushfiq has better international experience compared to Mashud when he started playing for Bangladesh.

Jokhon kono player khub bhalo perform kore tokhon taray niya shobai falafali kore...like your r doin with musfiq..... thik ei case hoisilo...Md Selim Anwar er jonnou......but 2-3 ta bad performance er karone ei player ra baad pore jacche....
I am not doing any falafali with Mushfiq. Try to understand my posts before starting to swear. I am giving my logic to exclude Pilot and include Mushfiq (as he is the only option left) and plase be logical as well. If you compare Selim or Anwar with Mushfiq, I have to doubt your understanding in cricket.

thebest
August 10, 2006, 07:32 AM
Miraz, carry on. Spitty and I have to face similar barrage when we started for JO's exclusion. I have my support for you. Did you read the other thread on Masud.

sadi
August 10, 2006, 08:09 AM
Its just a shame that you guys are comparing Pilot with JO.

thebest
August 10, 2006, 09:00 AM
Yes, It is shame that Pilot stock has so much devalued that he is comparble with JO. But only in ODI batting. His keeping is still world class and an automatic choice for Test team. But in ODI we need Batsman-w/k not the other way.

nasifkhan
August 10, 2006, 09:42 AM
Who knows??? Have we given that opportunity to Mushfiq??? Mushfiq has better international experience compared to Mashud when he started playing for Bangladesh.

I am not doing any falafali with Mushfiq. Try to understand my posts before starting to swear. I am giving my logic to exclude Pilot and include Mushfiq (as he is the only option left) and plase be logical as well. If you compare Selim or Anwar with Mushfiq, I have to doubt your understanding in cricket.

OK mama........ Musfiq khub bala piliyar........Jaak apanare khushi korar jonno ami maanlaam.....

Shotti kotha holo.......Pilot WC2007 er agay team theke jabe na.....eta apne manen r nai manen......etai shotti......

Basically I am a fan of musfiq ....no doubt he is a very good player....I just dont want to expose him so soon....akhono aro time ase......aro build up howar dorkar ase.......shay ekta asset BD team er jonno.....

Aami Selim & Anwar er reference ansilam not to compare with Musfiq....just to say era premature exposure er Kufol paise.....just er jonnoi.....

Most probably within 1yr Mushfiq team e permanent jaiga kore nibe......Pilot re out kore....

and Mama.....Kauke personally kisu bolar agay ekty chinta kore bolben .....

Thank You...:cool:

Miraz
August 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
and Mama.....Kauke personally kisu bolar agay ekty chinta kore bolben .....

Ok Bhagina...

And bhagina .....Kauke personally kisu bolar agay ekty chinta kore bolben .....

nasifkhan
August 10, 2006, 10:00 AM
Ok Bhagina...

And bhagina .....Kauke personally kisu bolar agay ekty chinta kore bolben .....

e dekhi tera mama.....

Mama....amaro kintu "Pa" ase.......

Spitfire_x86
August 10, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yes, It is shame that Pilot stock has so much devalued that he is comparble with JO. But only in ODI batting. His keeping is still world class and an automatic choice for Test team. But in ODI we need Batsman-w/k not the other way.
I second you.

Sauron
August 10, 2006, 10:44 AM
To those who are advocating Pilot's removal from the team -

Please see a shrink asap.

Miraz
August 10, 2006, 10:49 AM
To those who are advocating Pilot's removal from the team -

Please see a shrink asap.

Those who are advocating for Pilot's stay in the team..

Soon, you will need an appointment with a Shrink :) (after he is axed).

Fazal
August 10, 2006, 11:17 AM
Those who are advocating for Pilot's stay in the team..

Soon, you will need an appointment with a Shrink :) (after he is axed).

:D You have a point. Just read the following from NewAgeBD (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

Another debate soon started when chief selector Faruque Ahmed told newsmen that it would be unlikely to see both Khaled Mashud and Muhfiqur Rahim in the same match.
It was a clear indication that they were contemplating to drop long-standing wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud for some matches, though that was not the case in Zimbabwe.
Also it was reported that the selectors had developed stained relations with Mashud and wanted to teach him a lesson by sidelining him for a while in Zimbabwe. And the BCB acted in line with selectors’ thoughts and decided against naming a vice-captain for the trip.
But the team badly felt the need for a vice-captain once Habibul Bashar suffered a serious thumb injury during the second one-day match.

I don't know whether the news is true or not, but it makes more sense when you ask yourself why suddenly Mushfiq was added at the last moment. So we can do all the talk .... but the reality is ... looks like something is going on behind the scene...

Either way.... just let me know which group needs to see the shrink first. I can refer you to a good as well as goodlooking female shrink.

Orpheus
August 10, 2006, 11:22 AM
Either way.... just let me know which group needs to see the shrink first. I can refer you to a good as well as goodlooking female shrink.
Stop lying.. we all know there is no such a thing

what we do have is:
Good looking bad shrink
bad looking good shrink
good looking good shrimp
but Never a good looking good shrink.

Fazal
August 10, 2006, 11:26 AM
Stop lying.. we all know there is no such a thing

what we do have is:
Good looking bad shrink
bad looking good shrink
good looking good shrimp
but Never a good looking good shrink.

:D I was just giving hope for the desperate one and trying to make some money from my commision (like our selectors)... Hutte hari Bhenge dewa ki thik?

PoorFan
August 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Do you want to see Pilot again in the National team (after current series)?
YES.

Should we give Mushi a chance here and there in coming series ( including this kenya )?
YES.

Should we stay out of forming 'group' on these issue and act like a schoolboy ( win or lose over ones )?
YES.

fhstar
August 10, 2006, 11:34 PM
I think Pilot has done a LOT in crunch situations (even though against smaller oppositions) ... in fact quite a few times ... more consistently than others who have far greater potential/ability ... if he doesn't bring up his performance graph after another 2 or 3 series ... then we will know if he's done for good ... those series will hopefully give selectors the chance to study Mushfiq w/o him (Mushfiq) being necessarily in the spot light :)

Sovik
August 11, 2006, 09:57 AM
good to see pilot still has some fans. and he is popular than JO

Miraz
August 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
On another note, Mashud's batting these days has really gone downhill. His keeping remains first-rate of course! However in ODIs, to become a quality side we need a decent keeper who can be first rate batsman. Mushfiq seems to fit the bill.

Thats the harsh truth. He is becoming more pathetic with bat after each game. He is wasting ball and is mounting pressure on his partner for runs. He scored 13 of 45 deliveries and got out stupidly. Even Razzak managed 14 out of 23 deliveries under more pressure.

If he continues to play, he should bat as a number 11 batsman.

Sovik
August 13, 2006, 07:19 PM
i wish i could vote again.

Spitfire_x86
August 14, 2006, 12:26 AM
i wish i could vote again.
Don't worry, you'll be able to vote again. I think I made 2-3 polls about JO :)

ammark
August 14, 2006, 01:20 AM
I am against throwing young Mushi at the lion's teeth at the expense of pilot so early. Pilot's keeping behind the wicket is still excellent, it hasnt deteriorated. Mushi has to keep vs Kenya and Zim and work his way up through ODIs and tests. He must not be abandoned from BD 'A' lists and junior grade lists either! He needs every opportunity to practice, learn and improve.

Miraz
August 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Iam again posting the Myth of KM in numbers here, as it is more appropriate threads

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px outset">Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
So strike rate is the main criteria for selecting a WK. Now I get it. Thanks for enligthening me.

Bring in tamim iqbal please instead of KM. Make KM train him for two months. I heard he (Tamim) can field exceptional. How hard it will be for him to learn? I figure we can do well with a Batsman/WK and he would be our answer to the top order also. All problem solved with one move.

150 in 25 overs all out. Yep that would enable us to win all matches.

Again, Realistic question how much would Mush ave and what would be his SR if he is included instead of KM? We can calculate which over BD will be all out that way. 30 to 35 for sure.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Beloved Tigers_eye bhai,
So, in your opinion KM is the diffrence between our 25 overs all out and full 50 over play. Hmm.. makes sense why KM's strike rate is around 50. :)

Now let me enlighten you again about your myth..

Bangladesh won 20 ODI's so far in which KM was playing. Out of that 20 ODI in 8 ODI Khaled Mashud did not bat (ufff!!! still we managed to bat 50 overs and won matches, umm... very injustice to KM, we should have lost these matces), in 7 ODI innings he scored less than 15 (Ooops!! we all know drops of dew makes an ocean, without these contributions it was not possible to win those matches), in rest 5 matches he scored some decent runs (and those scores came against Hong Kong, Kenya and Zimbabwe).

Isn't it too much to say without KM we will be all out within 25-35 overs when we hardly received his service with bat in our wins.

Please, don't bring more myths. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Tigers_eye
August 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
Thank you Miraz bhai for reposting my post.
So what average and SR would Mushy have for ODIs if he replaces KM? Approximately would be fine.

To help you I am putting his test and First class, List A stats.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>Tests</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>2</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 4</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>24</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 19</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 6.00</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>28.23</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>Strike Rate </TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>First-class</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>10</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 18</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings 3</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>notouts 514</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 115*</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 34.26</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average </TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>45.16 Strike Rate</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>List A</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>12</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 9</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings 2</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>notouts 195</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 58</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 27.85</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I would like to see what are we replacing KM with.

Matter of fact I would like to see anyone who should be replaceing KM his expected stats of average and SR.

I hope he these numbers imitate Gilly's or Sangakkara or even B Taylor. Because thats what we are comparing after all. Not the BD standard where our best batsmen average 20+ and SR of 65.

P.S. Any of you who are supporting the immidiate replacement can have go at it.

Miraz
August 18, 2006, 11:57 AM
Thank you Miraz bhai for reposting my post.
So what average and SR would Mushy have for ODIs if he replaces KM? Approximately would be fine.

To help you I am putting his test and First class, List A stats.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>Tests</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>2</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 4</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>24</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 19</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 6.00</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>28.23</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>Strike Rate </TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>First-class</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>10</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 18</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings 3</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>notouts 514</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 115*</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 34.26</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average </TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>45.16 Strike Rate</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap align=left>List A</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>12</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>matches 9</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>innings 2</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>notouts 195</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>runs 58</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>highest 27.85</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap>average</TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD><TD class=profiles-stats-data noWrap></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I would like to see what are we replacing KM with.

Matter of fact I would like to see anyone who should be replaceing KM his expected stats of average and SR.

I hope he these numbers imitate Gilly's or Sangakkara or even B Taylor. Because thats what we are comparing after all. Not the BD standard where our best batsmen average 20+ and SR of 65.

P.S. Any of you who are supporting the immidiate replacement can have go at it.

He has just started and his first class and List A stats are pretty encouraging. I am sure after playing one fourth matches of KM (41 tests and 120 ODI's) you'll see the difference.

When Pilot started playing he has much worse record. What Mushy is capable, he has shwon in U-19 world cup, against British University team and I am sure he will silent you whenever he gets the opportunity.

To compare with B Taylor or Gilly, he has to play international cricket, isn't it? Without giving him opportunity how do you want to compare??

I am clueless.

Tigers_eye
August 18, 2006, 12:01 PM
ok just guess then. after 20 or 40 ODIs what would his stats look like? I just want to see a realistic expectation of KM's replacement. Whoever it may be. Since you dearly want to replace him.

Spitfire_x86
August 18, 2006, 12:14 PM
I would be satisfied with 25 average at 70% strike rate. 30 average and/or 80% strike rate would make me happy.

cricket_dorshok
August 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
When Pilot started playing he has much worse record. What Mushy is capable, he has shwon in U-19 world cup, against British University team and I am sure he will silent you whenever he gets the opportunity.

its too early to comment on that ocassions you mentioned. you remind me Nafis Iqbal. He was captain of U-19. He was always consider better and picked in the national team ahead of Aftab and commented Ahley Giles an 'ordinary spiner' after scoring century against England. Now you knw where he is.

Fazal
August 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
Great !!! Great !!! Now to defend Pilot we need to bring Mushy to the ground in the what if equaltion.

The fact is we don't know yet, what Mushy can offer. We will never know if we don't try. Actually Mushy may not be the solution, it may be somebody else.

Do we have any Pilot subsitiute in making? We don't know... and we will never know unless we work on that.

For people who doesn't agree that Mushy should have been tried in this tour and then ask what do we have to replace Pilot, I have just one answer: "Things doesn't always falls in your lap from sky all in a sudden, sometimes you need to work hard to make something happen" . If we don't work on Pilot's future replacelment, there will be none when we need one.

Miraz
August 18, 2006, 12:31 PM
its too early to comment on that ocassions you mentioned. you remind me Nafis Iqbal. He was captain of U-19. He was always consider better and picked in the national team ahead of Aftab and commented Ahley Giles an 'ordinary spiner' after scoring century against England. Now you knw where he is.

Can you tell me why it reminds you Nafis Iqbal, not Sakib-Al-Hasan or Shariar Nafees??

Mushfiq was never a big mouth and is not.

Is there any apparent reason for your imagination:rolleyes:

Tigers_eye
August 18, 2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you Splitfire_x86.
Although I think that is a little generous guess since he will only turn 18 next week and Aftab averages 24.6, Ash 20.15 and Bashar 21.62 (they are the best we got) but I will go by those number.

How much significantly different than the current WK we have? 22 ave SR 55%. Wouldn't it be better to have these kid (whoever), play the A level, play the domestic leagues and come after 2/3 years and make an impact with a 35 average and 70%?

The arguement of our WK not performing like the other WK's in world still be there with the numbers you gave. The problem wouldn't be solved. It would be magnified since we would put him into the top order. More over, because of height issues the fielding can become a concern. There is also a chance for the replacement not be able to perform and average 15. What would you do then? Bring in other prospect? Then we not only will have an unstable top order but also an unstable WKing position.

Considering all these factors (mostly unknown and expectations) I would side with K Mashud for at least till WC. A game here and there for Mushfiq would be fine. but not permanent replacement now.

Fazal
August 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
off-topic:

About Nafis Iqbal. Of-course its a negative if someone sees that way. But there are some positives also. Unlike the way they handled Ash & Alok, the selectors are doing exactly the way they are supposed to handle an off-form young player: Pull off from the national team and let him figure out how to gain his form back. This is good for him and this is good for the team.

That doesn't mean he is out of the team forever. Its upto him, how soon he can make a strong case of bringng him back.

cricket_dorshok
August 18, 2006, 12:46 PM
Can you tell me why it reminds you Nafis Iqbal, not Sakib-Al-Hasan or Shariar Nafees??

its too early to comment about Sakib and Forhad either. Our Ash, Aftab's international venture was much more promising than Forhad, Sakib. After such a promising start, it is painfull to see that someone started thread 'enough for Aftab and Ash.

cricket_dorshok
August 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
off-topic:

About Nafis Iqbal. Of-course its a negative if someone sees that way. But there are some positives also. Unlike the way they handled Ash & Alok, the selectors are doing exactly the way they are supposed to handle an off-form young player: Pull off from the national team and let him figure out how to gain his form back. This is good for him and this is good for the team.

That doesn't mean he is out of the team forever. Its upto him, how soon he can make a strong case of bringng him back.

Instead of axing young national player from national side, I think its better to make them matured enough before picking in the national side. That I tried to say about Mushfiq. Definitely, he is good prospect. We need to nurture him properly so that he can make a positive impact on the team performance. I don't think its wise to pick young players and after few failures throw them out.

Fazal
August 18, 2006, 01:03 PM
Instead of axing young national player from national side, I think its better to make them matured enough before picking in the national side. That I tried to say about Mushfiq. Definitely, he is good prospect. We need to nurture him properly so that he can make a positive impact on the team performance.

No argument there in general term. But how much maturity is matured enough will be always debatable. But one thing that is less debatable is: at this stage Mushiq is "more matured" and "exposed to more experience" than for exmaple when Ash, Nafis, or even Aftab was brought into the team.

I don't think its wise to pick young players and after few failures throw them out.

Again no agrument there. But then again I don't think nafis is a good example of that yet. He is still within the striking distance of a come-back. Only thing he have to do is to prove in team-a, FC games that his form is back. Now Rana may be a better example of "pick a young player and suddenly throwing him away."

israr
August 18, 2006, 01:12 PM
Seeing your guys debate, I am in a dilemma right now?????????????

Miraz
August 28, 2006, 04:38 PM
Shariar Nafees appointed as Vice Captain of BD team.

Pilot lost his position and I hope he will lose his place in the side very soon :lol:

My wish is working fast:)

Miraz
January 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
Bringing back this old thread.

Just six months have passed and I believe the mindset of fans have changed a lot. Moreover Pilot is adding the final nail to his coffin by saying too many unnecessary talks with media.

Quoting the latest update from TheWatcher

Although Faruque denied that there had been any significant discussions in the selection meeting on the squad for the four-match series against Zimbabwe, it was learnt that Khaled Mashud's recent comments came to talk.

"We have had no significant discussion on the squad for Zimbabwe. We will finalise the squad on January 25 but we will meet again before the final sitting," Faruque said adding that there is no 'automatic choice' for the national selectors.

The former national skipper was not willing to single out any player but understandably, his fingers were pointed towards veteran wicketkeeper Mashud who has recently told the press that he never understood why he should not still be an automatic choice for the Tigers.

"I don’t want to single out any player but one thing is clear that we don't think there is any automatic choice because selection depends on a player's performance. Nobody' place is guaranteed (in the side)," told the chief selector.

"Experience could be a factor but should not be the only criteria to pick up someone."<!-- (c) 2003, 2005 PHPNews - http://newsphp.sourceforge.net/ -->

I think, Pilot's end is nearing at a greater pace than expected. No one but he has to take the blame for his demise.

Miraz
January 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
And here is the members choice, I think a similar poll will see quite a good change in the outcome :)

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Yes. </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif Ahmed_B (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=274), Albanycrew (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2368), ammark (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1464), AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BD Tigers (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=336), BD_Ashraful (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2092), Blazinmaruf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2169), cricket_dorshok (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2554), desiman21 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1567), Dhurr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=806), Duck_Pion (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1459), Ehsan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=86), fhstar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2122), Hatebreed (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1613), ialbd (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1021), israr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1303), James90 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=94), khalifa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2142), Mr-Cricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2435), Mr-khan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=776), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nasifkhan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=103), Navarene (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=246), ononto (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=605), Orpheus (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=18), pagla bowler (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2502), pilot fan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1098), PoorFan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=583), Rubu (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=305), sabbir ahmad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2011), sadi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=988), salin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1446), Sauron (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1413), Shafi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=144), shahriyar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2427), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), sovik (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1829), Stumped (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2356), Sydney (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1312), Tendulkar_Mcgrath (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2692), TheWatcher (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1404), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), truenykr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2818), zia (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1805), ZunaidH (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=537)

</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>46</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>71.88%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">No. </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif abdulw11 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2028), akabir77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=345), al Furqaan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=328), bapzmania (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2663), CricFanBD (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2525), Faceoff (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=587), Fazal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=772), HawkEye000 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2688), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), rio (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=393), Rohel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2226), rudro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1811), sar2005 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=980), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), Sumon77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1794), sunny747 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=387), thebest (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1292), Thunder (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2476)

</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>18</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>28.13%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2007, 01:39 PM
I am a convert now. After watching Musfiq perform.

Sovik
January 9, 2007, 02:26 PM
i am converted to. i want to see mushfiq in wc squad. he won't do any worse than masud

Carte Blanche
January 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
Mashud still has much to offer the team. He is still one of the premier Wicketkeepers in the world and offers stability to the lower middle order in Test matches as well as ODI's. Can't afford to part ways with the veteran, not yet anyway.

Must be the most one sided poll in history. :D

I'm surprised to see it's not. This poll is just a roundabout popularity contest in light of Pilot's recent brash remarks and subsequent questions over his leadership abilities. I don't lobby for him to be the captain, but clearly this man has a lot left to contribute not just on the field, but as a mentor to the youngsters. More importantly, who will fill the void? None of his substitutes are quite ready yet to be thrown at the sharks. First let's see how the WC goes and how he feels about continuing. His personal goals or commitments have a lot to do with it as well. If we have a good WC, it won't surprise us if he chooses to retire on a high note. But we certainly don't have the luxury (or the nerve) to part ways with him without securing a competent substitute.

Farhad
January 9, 2007, 03:40 PM
Ofcourse I want to see him in the team again, Mushfiq's still got a lot to learn......If we decide on the players' eligibility merely through their personal remarks and personality, im afraid we cant go very far. Look at pakistan for instance. I do think he should learn to keep his mouth shut though, its extremely unprofessional.

Sauron
January 9, 2007, 05:39 PM
Mushfiq's last performance behind the stumps was at least at-par, may be even better, than KM. As far as batting goes, both KM and Mushfiq are in the same rut.

I'm more on the fence than before. But I'll reserve any change in my vote until after the ZIM series in Feb.

Of course Mushfiq will take over from KM sooner or later. But whether this hand-off needs to happen before WC - that's what puts me on the fence.

PoorFan
January 9, 2007, 10:14 PM
I am not yet convinced with Mushi, as his highest potential ( batting ) yet to show up, even in domestic league.

kalpurush
January 9, 2007, 11:35 PM
I think Pilot is still #1 stumper for our national team (only for Test though!;) ).

Mohiul
January 11, 2007, 05:45 AM
He has lost his form with a big margin of inconsistency in both keeping & batting. Given that he's got back his form back he is my # 1 choice wicketkeeper. Otherwise we need to find another one...........

Miraz
January 11, 2007, 08:49 AM
One final nail for Mashud. He sustained a thumb injury and had four stitches. This will probably left him out of the Zimbabwe tour. Suddenly it looks quite easy for selectors to pick Zim bound squad.

Dhaka, Jan 11 (bdnews24.com) - National wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud sustained an injury in his left thumb during the KAI-Altech Premier Division Cricket League encounter against Biman Bangladesh Airlines Thursday.

The Abahani Limited captain suffered the injury while diving left to stop a delivery off paceman Shahajada in the 49th over of the match in the Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan (BKSP) ground.

Mashud was rushed to Apollo Hospital where he had four stitches in his thumb.

"It is not a serious injury and the doctor advised me to rest for ten days," said the most-capped Bangladesh cricketer.

The Rajshahi boy said, "I will have to wait for 10 days to know about my return to action when the bandage will be removed."

Meanwhile, Abahani won the match against Biman by five wickets.

Mohiul
January 11, 2007, 11:26 AM
Do you want to see Pilot again in the National team (after current series)?
YES.

Should we give Mushi a chance here and there in coming series ( including this kenya )?
YES.

Should we stay out of forming 'group' on these issue and act like a schoolboy ( win or lose over ones )?
YES.

Mr. YES man I'm with you

:great:

pagol-chagol
January 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
Whats the point of playing in the leagu? He is above testing anyway.

TheWatcher
January 11, 2007, 01:11 PM
It must be devastating for Pilot to get injured at such a crucial jucture of his career. I won't be surprised if he announces his retirement soon.

Mahir
January 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
It must be devastating for Pilot to get injured at such a crucial jucture of his career. I won't be surprised if he announces his retirement soon.

But that doesnt seem imminent to me atleast, after having read his comments from the past few days about what he still has to offer to the national team and his belief of himself as an automatic choice as the team's numero uno wicket-keeper! Look for him to keep persisting until he is left out of the team by the selectors themselves.

pagol-chagol
January 11, 2007, 01:33 PM

I will be.

pagol-chagol
January 11, 2007, 01:41 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/276037.html Pilot should read this.

Shafin
January 12, 2007, 04:21 AM
We should compare him with Gavaskar,because Gavaskar also once scored 30 odd playing 60 overs in an ODI.

Taina vai?

zia
January 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
Look at the poll. He stays by his own merit. Thinking of replacing Ash with one of those great openers of Mohammedan's. That will make more sense. Don't you think so?

cricketboy
January 13, 2007, 12:46 AM
I would definitely go with Khaled Masud Pilot for World CUp 2007. Mushfique is too inexperienced to go to the World CUp and he has failed to show any significant batting performacne in limited overs cricket.

layperson
January 13, 2007, 01:08 AM
I voted yes earlier...... now I am with the no group. I suggest a new poll on this topic...... if the mods can facilitate that then we can get a better picture of the result now. I think no would win now. Just my guess

gunda
January 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
NO:mad:

Imteaz
January 21, 2007, 04:05 AM
Before Preparing Any Other Wicket Keeper, Pilot Should be Selected in The Team. But The Process Should be A Planned One. Let Some Keeper to Play International Cricket. Judge Their Performance and Then Replace Khaled Mashud. Mushfiqur Rahim Already Played Some International Match. Let Him to be Prepared to Play and Take the Preasure of International Cricket. Otherwise Again We have to Find for Another Wicket Keeper.

Sovik
January 21, 2007, 06:14 AM
we don't need pilot behind the stumps anymore. his batting ability is now close to zero. he exposes the tail. but musfiq is young blood, he is a better batsman and not a bad keeper. he just needs exposer.

cricket_king
January 22, 2007, 03:15 AM
yeah i agree with sovik. mushfiq needs a little more exposure. but i'd like to keep mashud until the end of this world cup. He has valuable experience that the team could use, even though he's way out of touch.

But after the world cup.............bring in the newbies

Miraz
February 11, 2007, 11:43 AM
Well, after the completion of Zimbabwe series and after witnessing the evidence of Mushfiq's capability, I thought it's good time to bring back this thread again.

So, now how many yes voters wish to convert to no voters. :)

layperson
February 11, 2007, 01:49 PM
HAhahahahahah. Miraz bhai apni jokhon kono campaign chalan tokhon full fledged force diye chalan money hoy. Every time there is a chance of showing that mushfique is better than pilot ( i agree) you bring this old thread up. Apni onek dedicated manush. If I ever want to join politics I will want to have an associate like you helping me in my campaign.
:-D.
I dont think Miraz bhai will rest until Pilot is out of the team. So selectors please grant this wish and let our Miraz bhai live in peace. :p

Miraz
February 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
I dont think Miraz bhai will rest until Pilot is out of the team. So selectors please grant this wish and let our Miraz bhai live in peace. :p

Amen :-D

JamesBond
February 11, 2007, 05:10 PM
I dont wanna see him anymore, as you said, he is selfish and plays for himself. Its time for him to retire with respect else he will make a fool of himself. He was good, he did his part when BD needed him. But Cricket is like that, when team needs; you play for the team its doesnt go vice versa as we will still take you because you need us now. No. Its a game and shouldnt be based on emotions. Thats the problem with our Sub continent mentality. Throw away emotion and fight to win. I think Rahim is a really good keeper not lesser than that of Pilot. And also we need a batsman like him.

nmhimal
February 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
Give Pilot a break, id say, not from the game but from criticism.

Oh!! come on give us a break, say good bye to Pilot, he is on the team means we are playing for a better lose not for a win.

Nocturnal
February 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
Pilot should played in WC...after that Rafiq will retire with him as well I guess.

cricket_pagol
February 12, 2007, 01:21 AM
HAhahahahahah. Miraz bhai apni jokhon kono campaign chalan tokhon full fledged force diye chalan money hoy. Every time there is a chance of showing that mushfique is better than pilot ( i agree) you bring this old thread up. Apni onek dedicated manush. If I ever want to join politics I will want to have an associate like you helping me in my campaign.

Miraz bhai should help Dr. Yunus with his new political party.

nafees_thebest
February 12, 2007, 02:48 AM
i dont want to see taht chepo in bd team

Mr-khan
February 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
We have only three matches in world cup.So we have to play for win,not for any "Somman bachanor score".Pilot's slow batting will not help us to make a big score or to chase the target against any big team.So its better to try with Mushfiq.Its time to install vista and delete Xp.

Miraz
February 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
Pilot's fate seems to be uncertain as Bashar categorically mentions that no one will be in the squad for experience alone. He also praised Mushfiq high along with selector G M Nowsher Prince who was in Zimbabwe with the side.

More from DS
Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar categorically mentioned that the performance of his boys in their 3-1 first-ever series victory in Zimbabwe has made the job easy for the selectors before picking the World Cup squad.
The 34-year old most successful Tigers skipper also assured, while talking with the reporters at the Zia International Airport yesterday, that no one would be selected for experience alone when the selectors meet today to name the 15-member squad for next month's showpiece in West Indies.

The Faruque Ahmed-led panel including captain and coach Dav Whatmore were scheduled to meet yesterday after the team's arrival in the morning but the flight was delayed for almost four hours which compelled them to reschedule the meeting for today morning, the same day the board will also officially announce the team.

The big question in the selection process is whether fit-again wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud will be in the side to make his third successive appearance in cricket's biggest show. It is now an open secret that selectors have no faith on the long-serving stumper's batting ability and if he ultimately gets the nod, then it would be only for his experience.

If anybody was hoping to get any message regarding Bashar's intention about the team selection then there was hardly anything optimistic for his long associate in the side.

"Experience is important but performance is the first priority for selection. I can assure you nobody will go with the team who has the experience but lack in performance. Anyone who is performing will be selected for the team," said a confident Bashar.

The selection of former skipper Mashud took a turn for the worse when young Mushfiqur Rahim showed his mettle during the four-match series by playing two valuable knocks in crisis moments.

Back to the series outcome, the Bangladesh skipper said their success in Zimbabwe had given them the much-needed confidence they needed ahead of the World Cup in the Caribbean.

"I was a member of the World Cup team four years back and then we had hardly any ambition rather than playing good cricket. The scenario is totally changed now after we have already won a number of matches in the recent past."
"We are going to the World Cup with lot of confidence this time, especially after the away series victory and definitely our target is to make a second round berth. We know it will not be an easy task to beat at least one team like India and Sri Lanka to make our dream come true. But I think there is hardly any meaning to our trip if we have no target. I will not be surprised if my team beat any big fish in the competition," he said.

Although his side survived scares especially after the ignominious eight-wicket defeat in the second game before clinching the series, Bashar was exuberant with his team's success in Harare.

"Our first target was to win the series against a full Test playing nation in their own den and when we had frustratingly failed last time. I think it was a good tour and I am happy with the overall performance. It was a total team effort to win the series," he said.

"If we won all the matches then we have played a series without any test. The most important thing was that we bounced back from the back foot on several occasions. The conditions in Harare was also tough," said Bashar, who made his career best 78 in the first match.
One of selectors Golam Nawsher Prince, who accompanied the team in Harare, heaped praise on Mushfiqur and said he was impressed by the way the Bogra lad was gradually improving his performance.

"He (Mushfiqur) served the team his best when it was needed most in two difficult situations. We changed his batting order twice and thankfully he served the team purposes. He also improved his keeping as he missed only one stumping chance in the entire series. I am really impressed by his gradual improvement," said the former national paceman.

Also team physio Paul Close informed the reporters that he was confident about the fitness of Mohammad Rafique and Mohammad Sharif.
Rafique badly bruised his nose during the second game while Sharif had suffered a thigh strain in the third match.

HereWeGo
February 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
I will go with mushfique for now (definately not pilot)..... but mushfique is not the long term solution. he is also too slow with the bat.

Miraz
February 12, 2007, 02:18 PM
Now, New Age (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html) almost writes off Pilot :)

Mashud’s World Cup chances look bleak
Staff Correspondent
The chances of Khaled Mashud to regain his place in the World Cup squad looked bleak after one of the selectors and skipper Habibul Bashar spoke against the veteran cricketer.
Bangladesh will name a 15-member World Cup squad through a press conference at 2:00pm at the National Sports Council auditorium on Tuesday when it will be clear whether Mashud gets a recall or not.
‘Experienced players are always good for a team. But I need performance before experience. If they don’t perform, experience means nothing,’ said skipper Habibul Bashar, whose opinion is supposed to be valued highly in the selection meeting on Tuesday morning.
Mashud missed the Zimbabwe tour because of a finger injury and it left Mushfiqur Rahim, his understudy for long, having a great chance to prove his worth before the key World Cup selection.
And Mushfique utilised the chance in such a way that it has become very difficult for the selectors to leave him out of the Caribbean tour party.
The batting of Mushfique, a weak point of Mashud, has mostly impressed selector GM Nawsher Prince, who accompanied the Tigers on Zimbabwe tour.
‘Mushfuque’s batting was very good in Zimbabwe. He played a vital role with the bat in two matches. And his keeping was also improving. He missed only one stumping chance in four matches, which can happen to any wicketkeeper,’ said Prince.
The statement clearly suggested that Mushfique is a certainty in Bangladesh’s World Cup squad and the only question now remains unresolved is whether the selectors would dare to have the luxury of including two wicketkeepers in the 15-member squad or not.

bengaltiger
February 12, 2007, 09:06 PM
pilot should be replaced by a keeper who can bat, all competitive teams use that spot to strengthen their batting line up. and if bdesh want to compete at that level than it needs to follow through.

nobody
February 13, 2007, 03:53 AM
Miraz Bhai won the battle. Pilot is history

Miraz
February 13, 2007, 05:56 AM
Finally............................. it happened.................

Adios Pilot. We are grateful for your service for Bangladesh. We will remember you. Now, it's time to say Good Bye.

I Hope BCB will arrange an occasion like Chacha and will give the opportunity to Pilot to retire from International Cricket. He deserves it. :)

:bighug: for the selectors. :bravo:

Now, it seems, Spitty and thebest have lost their battle. JO is back ;)

Its party time for me. :joy::fire:

fwullah
February 13, 2007, 06:01 AM
No comment on Mushfique-Pilot issue from me until the end of the World Cup. I got Javed Omar in the side, who was in my favorite list.

However, I would like to have Pilot in test cricket for sometime.

Spitfire_x86
February 13, 2007, 11:11 AM
Now, it seems, Spitty and thebest have lost their battle. JO is back ;)

Its party time for me. :joy::fire:
:hairpull: :hairpull:

ASA
February 13, 2007, 08:52 PM
Today's Ajker Kagok has an interesting analysis. Why is everyone complaining about Pilot's recent batting. Check the average in the last 20 matches.

http://www.ajkerkagoj.com/2007/Feb14/sports.html#3

fuzzy
February 14, 2007, 04:29 AM
no this is stuffin up our batting line up. 2 defensive. i no it a bit risky bcose mushfique is new but "no pain no gain". mushique eared his position.

fuzzy
February 14, 2007, 04:38 AM
all crap bro, wat ever they say this guy plays wired shots swaps from out off stumps, batting terrible. shane and some other aussies always critisise his battin. i no his tromandus wk keeper, but thats not enough in this modern cricket world, am sorry but every wk batmans in the world r much better then him. his done lot for our country, there no dought am proud of him.an excelent wk keeper we r goin 2 miss

Miraz
February 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
It's time to recap after the end of Khaled Mashud. Why blame selectors? Look at the fan's reaction. The poll of this thread was posted on August 18, 2006 and until 9th January, Pilot had good popularity within fans.

Poll question : Do you want to see Pilot again in the national team?

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%">Yes. </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif Ahmed_B (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=274), Albanycrew (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2368), ammark (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1464), AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BD Tigers (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=336), BD_Ashraful (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2092), Blazinmaruf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2169), cricket_dorshok (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2554), desiman21 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1567), Dhurr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=806), Duck_Pion (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1459), Ehsan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=86), fhstar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2122), Hatebreed (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1613), ialbd (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1021), israr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1303), James90 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=94), khalifa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2142), Mr-Cricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2435), Mr-khan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=776), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nasifkhan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=103), Navarene (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=246), ononto (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=605), Orpheus (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=18), pagla bowler (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2502), pilot fan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1098), PoorFan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=583), Rubu (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=305), sabbir ahmad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2011), sadi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=988), salin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1446), Sauron (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1413), Shafi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=144), shahriyar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2427), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), sovik (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1829), Stumped (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2356), Sydney (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1312), Tendulkar_Mcgrath (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2692), TheWatcher (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1404), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), truenykr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2818), zia (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1805), ZunaidH (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=537)

</td><td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">46</td><td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">71.88%</td></tr><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%">No. </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif abdulw11 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2028), akabir77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=345), al Furqaan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=328), bapzmania (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2663), CricFanBD (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2525), Faceoff (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=587), Fazal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=772), HawkEye000 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2688), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), rio (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=393), Rohel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2226), rudro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1811), sar2005 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=980), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), Sumon77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1794), sunny747 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=387), thebest (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1292), Thunder (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2476)

</td><td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">18</td><td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">28.13%</td></tr></tbody></table>

After 9th January 2007, at total of 38 vote has been casted and 24 don't want to see Pilot anymore while 14 voted for yes. I am very sure many member who have earlier voted yes, will vote no in a similar poll if opened today. :)
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%">Yes. </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif Ahmed_B (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=274), Ak (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2141), Albanycrew (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2368), ammark (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1464), ASA (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1882), AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BD Tigers (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=336), BD4eva (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3436), BD_Ashraful (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2092), billah (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=182), Blazinmaruf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2169), Carte Blanche (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=196), cricketboy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1242), cricket_dorshok (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2554), desiman21 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1567), desirocker (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2534), Dhurr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=806), Duck_Pion (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1459), Ehsan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=86), fhstar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2122), fwullah (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3), Hatebreed (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1613), ialbd (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1021), israr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1303), James90 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=94), khalifa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2142), Mav (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=939), Mr-Cricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2435), Mr-khan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=776), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nasifkhan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=103), Navarene (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=246), Nocturnal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1593), ononto (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=605), Orpheus (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=18), pagla bowler (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2502), pilot fan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1098), PoorFan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=583), Rubu (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=305), sabbir ahmad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2011), sadi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=988), salin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1446), Sauron (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1413), Sayeed Haque (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1275), Shafi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=144), shahriyar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2427), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), sovik (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1829), Stumped (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2356), sunniath (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=622), Sydney (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1312), Tendulkar_Mcgrath (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2692), TheWatcher (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1404), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), truenykr (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2818), Yameen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=594), yaseer (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=724), zia (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1805), ZunaidH (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=537)
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">60</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">58.82%</td> </tr> <!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> No. </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif abdulw11 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2028), akabir77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=345), al Furqaan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=328), arafath79 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=364), bapzmania (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2663), bengaltiger (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2301), cracky (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=922), CricFanBD (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2525), cricket_king (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3539), cricket_pagol (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=658), Faceoff (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=587), Fazal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=772), fuzzy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2694), gunda (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3560), HawkEye000 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2688), HereWeGo (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2263), istiak (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1055), I_Knockout_U (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2235), JamesBond (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3468), Jkrulz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2212), kalpurush (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1536), Kuddus (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=359), mhj007 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3686), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), Musholini (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1263), nafees_thebest (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3684), nightwatchman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2373), nmhimal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=556), patriot (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3072), rio (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=393), Rohel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2226), rudro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1811), sar2005 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=980), Shehwar (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=566), sian_saad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3429), Sillypoint (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1190), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), Sumon77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1794), sunny747 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=387), thebest (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1292), Thunder (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2476), Zobair (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=11)
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">42</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">41.18%</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sovik
February 14, 2007, 06:21 AM
i wish i had voted no. musfiq showed a lot of character and we need to back him up and give him all the support that he needs

Hatebreed
February 14, 2007, 06:50 AM
If I recall correctly, that poll asked if we wanted to see Pilot again on the national squad, not the WC, and my answer was yes back in August, and still is now. He's still a great wicket-keeper, but not WC material. BD played quite a few games in the span of 5 months against weaker opponents, and in the games that Pilot participated he underperformed with the bat. Mushfique to the contrary and quite recently has performed better under pressure given his limited exposure to international cricket, which explains why more people have lately voted in his favour.

yaseer
February 15, 2007, 12:24 AM
We must try Mushfiq. If he fails to deliver only then we can rethink about Pilot. This is a muct as Pilot is continuously failing to deliver.

National team is not a place for trying or experimenting......n doing this in WC is a radicilus idea.

Miraz
March 18, 2007, 03:03 AM
I am bringing this thread back.

Mushfiq showed what he can offer in the biggest stage of world cricket and under pressure.

Dear BC members, Now Its time to revisit the thread and edit your comments :)

cricman
March 18, 2007, 03:33 AM
TBH, I thought Hablu and were smoking some of that West Indian ganja, sending him at #3, but the way he batted put Aftab at 7 and let Mushie bat at 3. I think he understands the game and has bravado, just look at the SIX he hit of H.Singh. Give Pilot a farewell match vs India anf he can push the RR if needed.

During the match Athar said he thought pilot was safe in the Test Arena, if we really want to take a step foward turn the page on Pilot and give him a position in management.

Miraz
March 18, 2007, 03:43 AM
During the match Athar said he thought pilot was safe in the Test Arena, if we really want to take a step foward turn the page on Pilot and give him a position in management.

OMG!!

That will destroy all the young stars.

Don't even dream about that.:mad:

Shaan
March 18, 2007, 03:56 AM
I was always optimistic of Mushi since his appearance under in 19s' he is really a cool headed guy plays according to the nature of the game, nice to see his well tempered batting yesterday.

afrina
March 18, 2007, 04:46 AM
Musfiq proved himself in one match. Now he need to prove his consistency. Now I'll support him to prove that, we can give him time.

Fazal
March 18, 2007, 09:15 AM
There is no point in Bringing old Buira Dhamra Players back any more. These young guns proved again and again that they are more prepared than some fans give credit to them. Ofcourse these will make mistake, but they will also learn from their mistakes quicker than those old recycled players. These young players are our future near term and long term... and they are already contributing more than enough than buira players. So why creating unnecessary controversy. The verdict is pretty clear: the young guns are alreay making our national team better right now and will make the team even better in near future.

One World
March 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=13128

Miraz
May 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
Duplicate post deleted. :)

Post made in the following thread.

Yes or No; Part - 3 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=19399)

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
:umm: pilot's still the best keeper we have, but mushi's the future... and the better batsman, so i voted against pilot... thanks for the memories KMP, starting from '97... :-|

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
There is no point in Bringing old Buira Dhamra Players back any more. These young guns proved again and again that they are more prepared than some fans give credit to them. Ofcourse these will make mistake, but they will also learn from their mistakes quicker than those old recycled players. These young players are our future near term and long term... and they are already contributing more than enough than buira players. So why creating unnecessary controversy. The verdict is pretty clear: the young guns are alreay making our national team better right now and will make the team even better in near future.

well put... that about sums it up... :)

BANFAN
May 21, 2007, 11:12 AM
NEVER-EVER. With due respect for his past contribution.

Fortunately we have a new brand of cricket on the rise, Unfortunately i am sure he is obsolete there, along with a few more probably.

Truly, I don't want to see him in the next match.

crikss
May 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
no no hell no

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 11:47 AM
... During the match Athar said he thought pilot was safe in the Test Arena, if we really want to take a step foward turn the page on Pilot and give him a position in management...

ata should focus on how NOT to take atrocious liberties with english grammar and NOTHING else... :-D

CTazim
May 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
Actually I am kind of torn in this department. Why? Today, Pilot's out was a questionable one. No?

Nevertheless, he has lost his touch as a batsman. In the meantime, besides Mushfiq, who do we have in the pipeline?

CTazim
May 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
Not to change the subject, I was explaining to my cousin (My mamu's son) who is 18 and is going to go to college this fall about why the young players play rash shots in Bangladesh ODI team and the conversation went as follows, I said Atif imagine you and I open the Bangladesh innings. I am extremely good batsman according to our Bangladesh cricket pundits. I have the best looking defense the world has ever seen and I play that shot almost to perfection every time that I do that abou 76 times ina 50 over game. You on the other hand think that this (me) old fart is just making this "could be winnable" game out of our reach and you start playing your shots and get out. I as a responsible batsman have royally screwed you and Bangladesh in the process. My cousin understood.

Anyway, back to Pilot's poll, we should have a not sure poll. What say the author?

bangalee
May 21, 2007, 12:31 PM
In next 1 year or so we have to live with him in the test matches until mushfiq or sagir is ready for test.

In mordern cricket a keeper needs to be a decent batsman so either Pilot improves or the door is shown to him.

He has given a lot to BD cricket. Will not forget that 6 against Kenya in ICC trophy in the last over. Thanks Pilot.