PDA

View Full Version : Javed & Kapali to be sent back

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 01:25 PM
http://thedailystar.net/2006/08/09/d60809040434.htm

Opener Javed Omar and all-rounder Alok Kapali will be sent back from Kenya as Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) thought that there was no need to keep such a big squad for three matches against the home team.

"The board's cricket committee has decided to cut the team, that's why Alok (Kapali) and Javed (Omar) will return home on the next available flight. The team management also thought that a 14-member squad was good enough for three games after Tushar Imran left today to join the team," said BCB chief executive Mahmudur Rahman yesterday.

On the other hand chief selector Faruque Ahmed explained why the axe fell on the two players.

"The cricket committee asked the selectors to cut the team and we chose Alok and Javed as their present performance gave us an impression that there was hardly any necessity of their services in Kenya. The authority might took the financial matter in their consideration to cut down the side," said Faruque.

Bangladesh cricket team reached Nairobi on Monday to play three one-day internationals on August 12, 13 and 15.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 01:30 PM
Thank you Hawkeye000 for bringing the good news.

And those 4 non-players who traveled to Zim, what happened to them? Any news?
1. Shah Nurul Kabir Shaheen, M.P.
2. Asaduzzam Khusru
3. Shaheen Aftabur Reza
4. Soilab Hiossain Tutul
They stayed there for free I presume. An invitation from mugabe I guess.

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 01:30 PM
Atlast some sense had gone into the selectors' heads. I hope Javed never makes it back to our team.

sadi
August 8, 2006, 01:32 PM
atleast there is no way Javed is playing... thats a relief

cricket_pagol
Finally some good news!!!!

LateCut
Golla probably will never be called up for the ODIs again. He will also have justify his place in the longer verson of the game. We will not be playing any tests until next year. He will be a year older and judging from his current form and age it is unlikely to impress the selectors unless he changes name to Gollaful.

Fazal
August 8, 2006, 01:47 PM
What a great news!!!!!!

Now we can all sleep in peace for the rest of the series. No chance of last minute surprises.

HawkEye000
August 8, 2006, 01:57 PM
And those 4 non-players who traveled to Zim, what happened to them? Any news?
1. Shah Nurul Kabir Shaheen, M.P.
2. Asaduzzam Khusru
3. Shaheen Aftabur Reza
4. Soilab Hiossain Tutul
They stayed there for free I presume. An invitation from mugabe I guess.

These idiots want to be part of BCB and other sports bodies just for the sake of making these foreign trips. I doubt they ever thought about improving cricket's structure .

It's sad that we still dont have regional cricket associations (like Rajshahi Cricket Association etc) who will have their own first class team, even their own selection committee, their own coaching staff (coach, phychio, trainer, etc), may be their own divisional league .....

How can we expect to produce good cricketers when our first cricket don't even span the entire cricket season. The artificial way of making 6 divisional teams, playing them some 4 day matches in a rush will never give us true test cricketers.

As long as we dont have the structure through which the cricketers can progress from one level to another, we would end up with these kinda crap cricketers like Javed and Kapali year after year.

Something like this can work...

School cricket ---> Ntl. Yth Chp. (invloving the 6 div. teams)---> Club cricket (each division with its own league invloving clubs and districts who have their own ground)---> 2nd XI Chp. (3 day and OD matches involving the second string divisional sides)---> Ntl Chp. (4 day and List A matches played by the div teams who would have their own coaching staff just the Bd national team)

Spitfire_x86
August 8, 2006, 02:17 PM
:fanflag: :joy:

akabir77
August 8, 2006, 02:55 PM
can we ask hezbolla to shoot down that plane!!!

Hatebreed
August 8, 2006, 03:41 PM
Good news, finally the young players can have their place in the team.

prasad
August 8, 2006, 03:55 PM
kapali's chances of playing in wc looking slim.on slow and dry pitches in wi...his bowling cud have been useful.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 04:16 PM
we will not have to think about javed in this series. great decision by the board

babubangla
August 8, 2006, 04:24 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/jo.png

Here lies the ODI Career of JO
who came out to bat from the pavilion
and always tried to get back in it.
He used to come out, get out but still not out -- of the team.

Hatebreed
August 8, 2006, 04:32 PM
haha that headstone looks like it got run over by Spitfire's tricycle !

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 04:41 PM

its better late than never. finally javed is out of the squad

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 04:43 PM
haha that headstone looks like it got run over by Spitfire's tricycle !

& thebest was on the backseat

brikonwall
August 8, 2006, 05:35 PM
Ha ha ha ha...this is funny...

Rubu
August 8, 2006, 06:36 PM
Finally a good move by BCB after a long time. this was long, long over due for both of them.

baisab
August 8, 2006, 06:55 PM
I wouldnt be 100% certain that Golla will never get a chance again, after all for all this time he has been getting the chances not for his ability but for political reasons. As for kapali, He is still young, therefore i dont think we've seen the end of him, lets hope he can prove his worth in the future. Nevertheless i can for once i can say a positive move from the selectors.

bd_cricket
August 8, 2006, 07:42 PM
Its definitely good news that Golla is out of the team. This should have been done way back. Also Kapali is the most fortunate player of the team who got plenty of chances to prove his calibre and failed always. He might get back again.

But the point I want to make here is - the way BCB has axed those two from the team is really disrespectful. If they had to axe them why flying them to Nirobi? They could have come back directly from Harare. Also why they declared the team for both Zim and Ken tour? They could have declared the team for Zim tour first. And also what the point of having 5/6 non-cricketer officials of BCB in the team - for only a 3 ODI series.

SMHasan
August 8, 2006, 09:14 PM
Shud hav been kicked out long ago. Ihate his batting. irritating. kapali shud be licked out too.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 8, 2006, 09:52 PM
late but sweet one!!

Mr-Cricket
August 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
"The cricket committee asked the selectors to cut the team and we chose Alok and Javed as their present performance gave us an impression that there was hardly any necessity of their services in Kenya."
Ouch! :D

Don't worry. They'll be back... :(

Tokyobreeze
August 8, 2006, 11:01 PM

Great One!Hope and pray it will be real!

mac
August 8, 2006, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=LateCut]Golla probably will never be called up for the ODIs again. QUOTE]
He will be called up for the 20-20 matches. Surely, our selectors will do that.

mac
August 8, 2006, 11:19 PM
:up: Good news, ophekhar fol sobsomoi modhur hoi.:great:

Rabz
August 9, 2006, 12:25 AM
guys i hv a feelings that our beloved BCB officials and selectors secretly surfs the forum and possibly has started to make thier decisions based on our thoughts and expressions..

or else how come our wish came true in a matter of days..??
not one but both JO and Kapali send back home.. he he

HereWeGo
August 9, 2006, 12:38 AM
i want pilot out too

cricketboy
August 9, 2006, 01:38 AM
Perhaps they could have given Kapali one game as his last chance to show his worth and brought back Mushfiqur Rahim who is young and there is already a wicketkepper captain , so playing Rahim as only a batsman is not worth for ODIs considering his defensive batting style.

Niceman70
August 9, 2006, 01:40 AM
yess... please take pilot OUT!

Dhakablues
August 9, 2006, 02:09 AM
Rahim wouldve played,, had we won the series in ZImbabwe. But after the debacle, and Bashar being out, practically BD didnt have any choice but to have Mushfiq sit around. With Kenya, he might get a chance,, but him getting a chance is less of importance than winning the series, if not with a margin of 3-0.

Can those Pilot Bashers give some very specific reasons for his ouster? Was it because he showed brilliance in the matches, scored runs, stumped too many and didnt miss any catches behind the willows? Or is it just because you want to see a little 10th grader behind wickets for your pecuiliar sense of honor of having the youngest ( and smallest) wicketkeeper for Bangladesh's losing team in Kenya?

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 9, 2006, 03:06 AM
pilot is not getting injured!!!!!!!!!

is that fortune? or he wants to be like ganguly dada at end..captainacy but no performance!!!!!!! i dare to think that even!!!

LateCut
August 9, 2006, 08:26 AM
Golla probably will never be called up for the ODIs again.
He will be called up for the 20-20 matches. Surely, our selectors will do that.

Good one! :D

Tigers_eye
August 9, 2006, 09:23 AM
kapali's chances of playing in wc looking slim.on slow and dry pitches in wi...his bowling cud have been useful.
We have Abdur Razzaq and Rafique who are much more economical and better wicket taker than Kapali. If three spinners are required then Sakib can feel that position easily. Batting wise, Sakib can be considered as a top order batsman in our standards. In case of injuries, we have Mehrab Jr. who can bowl also and has better tempartment than Alok and Sakib at this stage.

However, I do not see us going anywhere in the worldcup. With SL firing in all cylinders, India with Shewag and Dhoni no total is safe for BD. With Mash and Shahadat leaking habbits if the opponents bat first, I hope and pray they don't score 350+.

MarufH
August 9, 2006, 09:57 AM
Saqib is much better.. if he can bat no. four... we can actually drop mr ash and think of something better... imagine Bashar at five reza at six seven pilot/mushfique eight rafique.. we can actually play all our three pacer or ad an extra batsman for example Mehrab Jnr who is also very much handy with bat!