PDA

View Full Version : Kenyans aim high against BD

Ahmed_B
August 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Yes.. the Kenyans are much more confident this time around on their home soil and BD's recent performance against Zimbabwe has got their hopes even higher. They are not only aiming at a series win against BD... rather they are fully preparing themselves for a 3-0 whitewash against the Tigers.. and take a revenge of the 4-0 they faced in BD soil.

As reported by Channel-I sports reporter from Kenya... they are running high on confidence as well as eagerness to even up their deals with Bangladesh. This series is not going to be a walk in the park in any way... BD will have to remain ultimate serious and not only that.. they will have to hold their nerves and not choke in cruicial conditions.

So fasten your seat-belts guys.. for a rough African ride! ;)

Tigers_eye
August 11, 2006, 09:26 AM
Did they say that about whitewashing us? I hope they did. Then that would be extra motivational tool for BD team. Coach need to put this in bold and big letters in the locker room. We need to channel anger into the right direction.

Sovik
August 11, 2006, 09:32 AM
they have the home advantage and they saw our superstars playing unnecessary shots and became optimistic. against us, anyone has chance to win

nasifkhan
August 11, 2006, 09:45 AM
So fasten your seat-belts guys.. for a rough African ride! ;)

It will be rough coz as reported by Rabeed Imam the outfield in Nairobi isnt smooth....

sadi
August 11, 2006, 09:55 AM
Did they say that about whitewashing us? I hope they did. Then that would be extra motivational tool for BD team. Coach need to put this in bold and big letters in the locker room. We need to channel anger into the right direction.

lol... we were talking about the whitewash before the zimbabwe tour and everyone knows what happened.... now Kenya is talking about it... Hopefully now we can use it as motivation... by the way, do we have any kenyan supporter here... it just make things more interesting :D

ialbd
August 11, 2006, 09:55 AM
hmm interesting.... BD team er ki ar rough ride baki ase? no practice ground, no fitness facility, no security.....and the list goes on....
________
Ford c170 platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_C170_platform)

Tigers_eye
August 11, 2006, 09:58 AM
... by the way, do we have any kenyan supporter here... it just make things more interesting :D
I thought Fwullah had already applied for a kenyan passport?? :lol:

thank you for correcting AF.

sadi
August 11, 2006, 10:03 AM
I thought Fwtullah had already applied for a kenyan passport?? :lol:

I thought she already has an anti-bangladesh passport :rolleyes:

kalpurush
August 11, 2006, 10:04 AM
We always like rough ride, don't we? Sohoj-sarol jinis-k jatil kore naya-e aamader aabhas! It's in our gene. I guess, we will be fine in Kenya.

kalpurush
August 11, 2006, 10:07 AM
My prediction is 2-1 win against Kenya. Though I hope our players will make it 3-0 for us.

al Furqaan
August 11, 2006, 10:54 AM
I thought Fwtullah had already applied for a kenyan passport?? :lol:

you mixed up fatullah and fwullah in the same word.

Rubu
August 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
Given the performance of 'so called' tigers, I will not be entirely surprised if they loose the series 0-3. If it think it from this point of view: we lost a series to the same team they drew the series. We are in a lower situation. The only positive is that we do not have to play with 10 or 9 players anymore as gullu and alok are not in the team.

Miraz
August 11, 2006, 11:16 AM
From Cricinfo,
Kenya recall Ouma for Bangladesh clash
AFP
August 11, 2006
Kenya have recalled the opening batsman, Morris Ouma, for the one-day international series against Bangladesh that gets underway on Saturday.

Ouma, who is also a reserve wicketkeeper, replaces Timothy Mwange, one of two youngsters who had been expected to make their international debut in Canada. However, neither featured in the Intercontinental Cup, nor the two one-day matches Kenya played in Toronto.

The change is part of head coach Roger Harper's desire to improve the run-rate from his top order, which has disappointedly failed to deliver in the last four international competitions.

Kennedy Otieno Obuya, the struggling veteran opener and wicketkeeper, has retained his place despite heavy criticism for his poor batting during the disastrous tour of Bangladesh, where Kenya suffered a 4-0 series defeat earlier this year.

Harper said Kenya, which has won seven of the 11 matches they have played with Test-playing Bangladesh since 1997, would be looking to avenge the defeat.

"This is a new series and both teams start from scratch," said Harper. "In Bangladesh they had the advantage of home conditions. We expect to be able to perform a lot better in home conditions and we're looking forward to being very competitive and really trying to turn the tables on the Bangladeshis this time."

Miraz
August 11, 2006, 11:27 AM
Harper said Kenya, which has won seven of the 11 matches they have played with Test-playing Bangladesh since 1997, would be looking to avenge the defeat.

That's a wrong statement by Harper. Kenya won 6 of the 11 matches.

So, its the time to make the record stright.

Its time to make 8 win of the 14 matches. Let's do it Bangladesh!! Make it 3-0

Niceman70
August 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
we will do it. inshallah!!!

SS
August 11, 2006, 11:57 AM
Kenyans should aim High because they deserve it.
And we should go eat grass as we are incapable of doing anything but talking too much. Last series, so many expectations but look what happend. Is there any sports BD has good reputations, not even kabadi.

Dhakablues
August 11, 2006, 12:02 PM
Its never easy with Bangladesh team. None knows what they will do. On a given Sunday, they will beat Australia/India/Srilanka and Wednesday they lose to 3rd string ZImbabwe side by Golla-ing baby catches, giving Alokick 17 runs an over. So, whether Kenya has a chance is not a matter of Kenya having the strengths of beating Bangladesh, simply they dont, the question is how bad would Bangladesh play to give away the runs/wickets and wins. Kenya has to wait for those moments to cherish their joy...

kalpurush
August 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
Given the performance of 'so called' tigers, I will not be entirely surprised if they loose the series 0-3. If it think it from this point of view: we lost a series to the same team they drew the series. We are in a lower situation. The only positive is that we do not have to play with 10 or 9 players anymore as gullu and alok are not in the team.

Sorry, couldn't agree with you. I tried though! As you said we have now 11 players, it makes a huge difference. You will see a different Tiger now with sharp clows and I am not dreaming at all. ;)

kalpurush
August 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
I thought Fwullah had already applied for a kenyan passport?? :lol:

thank you for correcting AF.

Is it a diplomatic one?!:lol:

LateCut
August 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
That's a wrong statement by Harper. Kenya won 6 of the 11 matches.

So, its the time to make the record stright.

Its time to make 8 win of the 14 matches. Let's do it Bangladesh!! Make it 3-0

Again wrong math! Should it be 9 of 14 or are you expecting 2-1 result in BD's favour?

Miraz
August 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
Again wrong math! Should it be 9 of 14 or are you expecting 2-1 result in BD's favour?

Let's see who is wrong:)

Current standing

Match played 11

BD won 5
Kenya won 6

if BD can make current series 3-0
Match played 14 (11+3)
BD win 8 matches (5+3)
Kenya win remains 6 matches (6+0)

Mate!! probably you are wrong :)

zia
August 12, 2006, 12:13 AM
Well, guys I have seen pessimist but not like guys in this thread. Don't forget we lost to ZImbabwe in two matches marginally. If Mashrafi did not give away those runs in the last over it was our game. Kenya after their wins over Canada (chasing 100 is easier than ours average of 230+ against Zimbabwe) did not prove anything. Let see what they can do on their own soil. I can only tell you guys we will win our first ever foreign series. Wanna bet?

Tokyobreeze
August 12, 2006, 12:20 AM
We really need to make our tally better against Kenya...Considering that we started international cricket earlier then them, we are still behind in numbers in terms of wins against them..We gotta make it staright and make it clear to whole world that we are within the flow of continuous improvement.

zia
August 12, 2006, 12:33 AM
You got it right, Tokyobreeze. Thanks

Rabz
August 12, 2006, 12:52 AM
Well, guys I have seen pessimist but not like guys in this thread. Don't forget we lost to ZImbabwe in two matches marginally. If Mashrafi did not give away those runs in the last over it was our game. Kenya after their wins over Canada (chasing 100 is easier than ours average of 230+ against Zimbabwe) did not prove anything. Let see what they can do on their own soil. I can only tell you guys we will win our first ever foreign series. Wanna bet?

sorry mate..cant agree with ya..
i reckon we r the most optimist bunch there is on the face of God's beautiful planet... or else no one wud show up here day in day out...

why some of us predicting 2-1?? just keeping the expectation on the ground..
much was expected against the zims with a 5-0, but u see the end result??

if u hv followed BD cricket for long enough, im sure u might hv also noticed about thier track record, they seem to break our heart more often than not.

so if the guys r a bit on the defensive mood, dont blame them.
Also dont call them pessimist.

zia
August 12, 2006, 01:25 AM
Sydney, what do you say to this??:confused:

nasifkhan
August 12, 2006, 01:29 AM

ok bet laglam.....

If Kenya wins the series by any margin then "Apne pay korben & Aami khabo"....
If Kenya wins the series by any margin then "Aami Khabo & Apne pay korben..."

Thik ase?....ok then bet confirmed....:P

zia
August 12, 2006, 12:17 PM
ok bet laglam.....

If Kenya wins the series by any margin then "Apne pay korben & Aami khabo"....
If Kenya wins the series by any margin then "Aami Khabo & Apne pay korben..."

Thik ase?....ok then bet confirmed....:P

Well, its like "head I win, tail you loose. No, matter what I will treat you after today's win. :flag: . Go Bangladesh go.