PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Masud - 5 Dismissals today

shamster
August 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
Well Done Masud for getting 5 dismissals today, his last highest was 4.
I am bit upset with all this people asking for him to be replaced with Mushfiqur rahim. Rahim is good do not get me wrong but he has a lot to learn before replaces Masud. Rahims best chance is as a batsmen his wicket keeping ability is still below Masud. We criticise Masuds batting lets first criticise top 5 batsmen before we get to him. He comes in mostly at bad positions with top order gone with poor amount of runs. Hey we are Bangladesh we cant have a gilchrist. Masud is a top keeper.

akabir77
August 12, 2006, 02:01 PM
agreed
but people mostly wanted to drop him becuase we lost the series to zimbo's. they also wanted to drop rafiq. this was just to send a message...

sonarbangla
August 12, 2006, 02:03 PM
yeah.. yay for masud .. however, i think the way he did the last one in russel's ball, it was really a tough thing to do.. :)

ialbd
August 12, 2006, 02:10 PM
well done masud, its really an outstanding feat
________
Portable Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

sonarbangla
August 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
hu.. masud bhai mochkabe tao bhangbe na. boyoser sathe sathe tini ekjon pakka khilari hoe gore uthchen..

fjahan
August 12, 2006, 05:09 PM
Mushfiq has another 3-4 years to mature in to a fighting keeper/batsman and subsequently replacing masud when time is right, It angers me so much when people with non cricketing background eager to see mushfiq in the national team and equating him with mashud. (if a shot is well timed than chances are that it will have a powerful impact) thats why timing of selecting new players has to be good.

TheWatcher
August 12, 2006, 05:20 PM
Mashud got five, but he also dropped two catches in the same match.

cracky
August 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah. He missed one easy catch from Sakib's ball. Nevertheless, good job on 5 dismissal.

Mashud got five, but he also dropped two catches in the same match.

SMHasan
August 12, 2006, 07:44 PM
Well done masud. Keep up good work. But this performance should have been shown in the Zim series. It still hurts me!

Rabz
August 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
well done KM.
keep up the good work.

MarufH
August 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
yeah.. but he missed two catches too... however.. i thought the last stamping from rassels ball was outstanding..!

HereWeGo
August 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
Mushfiq has another 3-4 years to mature in to a fighting keeper/batsman and subsequently replacing masud when time is right, It angers me so much when people with non cricketing background eager to see mushfiq in the national team and equating him with mashud. (if a shot is well timed than chances are that it will have a powerful impact) thats why timing of selecting new players has to be good.

I believe u aint a test cricketer urself. Neways There aint another single test nation in World cricket who fields a non batsmen keeper for ODI's. India even opted for Dravid just for an additional batting option for a long time. I guess None of the indian selection panel has too much of a cricketing background:D . 5 dismissals!!!?? except for the last one none of the other chances were by ne means tough. I can guarantee that even an ordinary wicket keeper can take those. It is not like he prompted the edge and then he took the wicket!!!. And finally lets face it he missed a couple of chances as well.

bapzmania
August 12, 2006, 11:18 PM
Good job Masud!!! but still not enough...u need to prove ur batting.....i don't wanna see ur slow batting again n again...............

thebest
August 13, 2006, 12:51 AM
Masud fans are on song remind me of JO fans. When JO scored some 30 odd in the practice match JO fans were became kid jumping ups and downs. This is KM a much better player than JO in his primary job. So KM fans would jump more. But the truth is that he miss a crucial catch and in the next ball the batsman hit a six and a four. I am not taking credit away from Masud, but as Here we go mentioned probably Mushi would also take 4. It is always better to play mushy in ODI. I m not yet ready to play mushy in tests but we might find that he would start in keeping test and ODI simulataneouly. remember we have no test before 2007 WC. so wht happended if Masud retires or drop from ODI, with our whimsical selectors we might find mushy kept in both forms. This is unwanted. Lets give the kid the chance to develop the relationship with the bowlers in ODI which is very important for test.
For those who questioning the batting capabilty of mushy please watch his debut innings againest Harmison and co. He played much better againest them then the pakistani corp (except the big 3 obviously). Againest Murali he had no clue, but how many batsmen in the world have clue againest Murali.