PDA

View Full Version : So what are the expectations from this ODI series with Kenya ?

DJ Sahastra
August 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
Congrats on the win today.

I must confess i am not feeling very elated or excited about it.

What is the general expectation of the members here regarding this ODI series? Is it like ateam objective to try out some new players fand develop a pool of competent players or is it just focussed on winning the series and all the ODIs?

sar2005
August 12, 2006, 03:17 PM
I think initially the idea was to try some new kids. But with the lose of series against zim, I assume, BD will target a clean sweep right now. Btwn, of course the new comers are still there and they are performing. I hope Saqib, Reza will continue their good show.

As a BD fan, what I want to see is a strong, professional, dominant and consitant performance from BD team and they should go with 'no mercy' determination in rest of the games of this series. Sorry for harsh words if it hearts any Kenyan supporter in this forum.

Spitfire_x86
August 12, 2006, 03:47 PM
Our target is to bury the memory of Zimbabwe series. We must win 11 matches against Zim/Kenya in this year, and this is only the first one of the 11 matches.

Ubiquitous
August 12, 2006, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the win today.

I must confess i am not feeling very elated or excited about it.

What is the general expectation of the members here regarding this ODI series? Is it like ateam objective to try out some new players fand develop a pool of competent players or is it just focussed on winning the series and all the ODIs?

It has to be a mixture of both, right?

And this would also be a good opportunity to put the lessons learnt from the Zim tour to the test.

TheWatcher
August 12, 2006, 04:41 PM
My expectation is to see some kind of consistency from our top order batsmen. I can't say I am satisfied with their performences in the first ODI.

Beamer
August 12, 2006, 07:50 PM
Well, the expectation for me is to win it 3-0. Anything less than that will be dissapointing but can happen, such is the game called one day cricket. One thing is bugging me a lot about the last series against Zimbabwe and now this game against Kenya. We are managing at least one run out in the middle order every game so far. Sometimes its more than one run out. Run outs can happen in one day game but for it to happpen in every game in the middle order is a bit unnerving. They must work it out. Too many new debutants one might say as the players might not be familiar with each other yet. But, still way too many and I would like to see improvement on that front.

Rabz
August 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
id surely want to see a 3-0 but also clinical.
actually would prefer try out a newer younger outfit to test out those promising youngsters, and so far none of them ( Sakib, Reza) has dissapointed us.
could hv bn better if Mehrab Jnr was also here.

bapzmania
August 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
want to see some big 100's cause still thinking how Kennedy Otieno made 144 against us...........

MarufH
August 12, 2006, 10:07 PM
Do not change the Winning combination today...

My expectation...

1. Ash Keep Scoring...

2. Shahreer Nafis increases his ave.

3. Farhad/sakib score a biggie..

4. Aftab makes a ton... he really needs to do it in order to get the confidence..

5. Farhad getting more chance to bowl..

6. Mushfique in the 3rd ODI in place of pilot (if we win today)

7. Nafis as captain... really i wanna see how he does it...

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 02:22 PM
sdcsdcsdcsdcsdc
??? ?