PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh's Safari tour Debacle reason #1: Fielding

Dhakablues
August 13, 2006, 03:05 AM
The way Bangladesh played during the Zim and Ken tour... one thing is very clear: Bangladesh has significantly deteoriated at their fielding fitness. Batting wobble was always there for the country but Gone are those days where Bangladesh became a very good fielding side. There has been so many dropped catches, misfielding causing singles to boundaries, doubles etc. I am wondering did the coach Salahuddin actually improve or degrade the performance of Bangladesh fielding? Hard to believe but isnt it evident at the field?

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
Fielding is a reason but that is for sure not the #1 reason.

Rabz
August 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
i personally havent watched the matches live..but id like to think the deteriotion of fielding standard has a lot to do with the actual ground condition.
does Zim and kenya have a really good field?? i mean the outfield to be exact.
read in a report fm Prothom Alo that Kenya fields r bumpy and uneven. may be the fields r also quite harder than what the players r used to.
mind u we do hv a quite a good playing conditions in Mirpur and other stadiums.

to me feilding is one of those things like swimming and learning to ride bikes, u can never forget. u can only get better at it. yes there may be some leniency from our players, but im still convinced its the magic of the ground, something the host teams are used with.

saying so, i could be wrong, as i havent seen the games live.

ZunIAD
August 15, 2006, 12:55 AM
Excellent point sydney. It does have to do with grounds. Bangladeshi players may feel uncomftable to throw themselves around the field on foreign grounds. This is something normal as its displayed by alot of teams. Take Australia for example they dont field as well in subcontinent as they do on their own homegrounds or england. I guess they come with the mentality our grounds are rough even its soft and moist. Even if ground conditions are good it takes awhile for players to feel comfortable with the ground so they can throw themselves around. In their minds they need to know its ok to dive or slide. Its like driving a bike on a smooth road and doing tricks on it. Go to another smooth road u wont feel as comfortable even if it takes the same characteristics

thebest
August 15, 2006, 01:04 AM
But how can you explain the catch misses. Rafiq catch miss and subsequent 4 in the 49th over is forgotten by the worst over by Mash. I think in zimbabawe we misses 10 catches. In kenya it is also close to 5 now.
Fielding is a reason, but definately not the no 1. The number 1 is undoubtly our horrible batting.

Dhakablues
August 15, 2006, 03:31 AM
Exactly the point 'Thebest'. There were so many dropped catches thourghout the tour. To my count,, its 15 overs and BD dropped 3 easy catches even on this 3rd ODI with Kenya. Nafees, Tushar dropping catches are by no mean signs of improvement. We didnt see the same agility we saw before, no diving, no giving it all you can to stop boundaries;; All in all, I think its gone worse than Sarwar Imran days of coaching

al Furqaan
August 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
simply atrocious...amee mook ha kore takai roichhee ey kando dekhe...what can i say

Ahmed_B
August 15, 2006, 05:32 AM
3rd ODI vs. Kenya.... Mash had to get Tikolo out twice to get a wicket. Frist one was dropped in 2nd slip by Shahraiar nafees. There was another drop catch by another fielder too.

Rabz
August 15, 2006, 05:59 AM
i dont think it has gone down...its just the quality of opponents pulling us down..
BD players r certainly suffering from self satisfaction and superior complexity here.
they hardly play any game with the label of "favourites" and hardly ever win serieses. so when they r doing it against kenya or should hv done against zim, the lack of a better quality, i think, is also affecting our performance..

when they play against Aus or SA, they know they hv to give their 110%, and it lifts thier game up. its very natural. thats why its always better to play quality opponents to improve performance.

ialbd
August 15, 2006, 08:25 AM
we hav to get bak our fielding form asap before the WC next year. with this standard (dropping catches in slips regularly) its even hard to dream of 'giant killing'.
________
JEFF TEAGUE (AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNER) (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeff_Teague_(automotive_designer))