tglover
August 13, 2006, 09:50 AM
Wowwwwwwwwwww!

Mr-Cricket
August 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
Shocking display.

First this:
Kenya: 102/8 -> 184/10
Odoyo: Previous Highest ODI score - 54. Today 84.

Then this:
Bangladesh: 134/8
Every batsman got himself out today. Ashraful's shot was pathetic at best. Aftab's was right up there.

It makes me sick

They deserved to lose.

SMHasan
August 13, 2006, 10:05 AM
Not a great win at all. It is an escape.

baisab
August 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
Thrilling match indeed

Rabz
August 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
yeah...not a great win... an escape from humiliation...
thnx to mashrafee.... he saved our face....... and lungi

oporajeyo_bangla
August 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
great win??? seriously...

after good performances against australia, sri lanka, and india i wonder why we struggle against 'lesser' teams like zimbabwe and kenya?

we avoided humiliation today, but if today's game is any indication, we have a loooong way to go...

Tehsin
August 13, 2006, 10:13 AM
SMHASAN - you're right. It was a GREAT escape. The batsmen owe big to Masri and Russell. Not only did they bowl well, Masri had to come back to save our behind.

As for Ashraful (and his fellow bats) - it's Kenya for god's sake. If you can not bat against Kenya, how can we expect any kind of decent performance against the top 8 teams ? A chancy 67 can't be the best thing he can do. We have players who should be able to score 350+ against the Kenyans. Don't understand why they are struggling.

Ahmed_B
August 13, 2006, 10:32 AM
It was actually a pathetic win. And had not Mashrafee held his nerves.. it would turn out to be a big embarracement for the toothless tigers! Each of the BD team members should really have 10 Rakats of Nofol Namaz today... for the escape they could make!

DotBall
August 13, 2006, 10:50 AM
Bad use of words in Title.
Keneya should have won, but fortune favord BD's another great escape.
One positive is Masri got some confidence back in bowling. He already batted good against Keneya before so no surprise there.

solaimanuk
August 13, 2006, 10:55 AM
Mashrafee make it up for bd, he has been forgiven for other day in Zim...Thanks Norail Ex...keep it up...u know u can do it....dont get upset but fire up in future....all the best...

Miraz
August 13, 2006, 11:05 AM
It is the worst ever win in BD ODI history. Apart from Aftab, Mashrafee and Razzak everyone was trying to ensure a tame loss.

Pilot was the worst example of a leader. 13 runs from 45 balls and unnecessary out when required most.

I agree with SMHasan, it is a big escape for us.

akabir77
August 13, 2006, 11:24 AM
Shocking display.

First this:
Kenya: 102/8 -> 184/10
Odoyo: Previous Highest ODI score - 54. Today 84.

Then this:
Bangladesh: 134/8
Every batsman got himself out today. Ashraful's shot was pathetic at best. Aftab's was right up there.

It makes me sick

They deserved to lose.
No i think reaza and rafiq was unlucky what was out from a briliant fielding and another was unluck...
mash showed how easy it was to bat out there but pilots batting was pathatic.. he can block but if u block 50 balls and then when its time to get runs u get out that 50 balls doesn't count...the thing is we have no replacement of him at this momemnt and we should work on that. put musfiq in every A matches and etc...

Miraz
August 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
No i think reaza and rafiq was unlucky what was out from a briliant fielding and another was unluck...
mash showed how easy it was to bat out there but pilots batting was pathatic.. he can block but if u block 50 balls and then when its time to get runs u get out that 50 balls doesn't count...the thing is we have no replacement of him at this momemnt and we should work on that. put musfiq in every A matches and etc...

Why in A matches, why not in national squad. We have replacement but we are afraid to use.

roi
August 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
Guys....i think we had a great practice how to win matches from situations like 130+/8. We had very few chances like this before and almost always endup with loose with more power-ful teams.This win must boost our boys confidence and they might got some idea how to win from that stage.
I know it was apathetic display of batting from Top-order....But good to see our lower order also able to finish off things like other teams as wel.
A win is a win...no matter how it happens...lets celibrate it!
Congrad to BD team and thnaks to Mash to save us from a sily defeat.
now blow Kenya off on 3rd match.....

bapzmania
August 13, 2006, 11:37 AM
forget all this ....its celebration time...^:)^

israr
August 13, 2006, 12:14 PM
well, i think this was kenya's last chance. Now, there will be no respite for the kenyans in the last odi.

Ejaj
August 14, 2006, 03:18 AM
After watching the highlights, I see the difference in technique between BD and Kenyan Batsmen are increasing. Even though BD had some tough time to chase down 184, most of the shots BD made were clear cricketing textbook shots. I think this is important that batsmen play right while making shots. The technical differnce is increasing everyday between this two. Moreover, the young guns are much better in technically than the previous one. SO, I think within 3 more years, the team BD will simply over power Kenyan when BD will be batting.

I dont see why Nafees is not made captain. Pilot is worst than Bashar in captaincy and the selectors should really look into the long term proposition. Pilot does not have much cricket left and making him stand in captain, is just a lame decision. Moreover, Mehrab Jr. should also be tried . He is a gem in the next generation of players and he should really be put forward.

Rabz
August 14, 2006, 04:14 AM
I dont see why Nafees is not made captain. Pilot is worst than Bashar in captaincy and the selectors should really look into the long term proposition. Pilot does not have much cricket left and making him stand in captain, is just a lame decision. Moreover, Mehrab Jr. should also be tried . He is a gem in the next generation of players and he should really be put forward.

i agree with ya mate...
SN has long been a future prospect of BD captain, and the series against Zim and keny would hv bn the ample time to try him out. Im sure he could not do any worse then Pilot, if worst come worst.

Also though Mehrab Jnr should hv got a chance instead of flying TI all the way from BD to warm up the seats. Mehrab is a genuine prospect for BD in the future and from what the trends r being set by Farhad and Sakib, we have every reason to feel encouraged.

tglover
August 14, 2006, 05:51 AM
I dunno I think it is harsh to say "Bangladesh escaped" only. I think what everyone has failed to see is that this is the first time Bangladesh has won a 'thriller' in ODI cricket from my memory.

We've seen Bangladesh lose to Pakistan, West Indies and Zimbabwe in thrilling situations ... and this was the first time Bangladesh has really come out on top in a match like this.

Fine I agree Kenya perhaps shouldn't have gotten to where they did ... but full credit to them ... they are the better of the ICC Associates and they are also on their home soil, not to mention being fresh from a 2-0 ODI away series victory in Canada. It was Odoyo's day and he had 'class' to be able to hit the likes of Mortaza, Rafique and Saqib all over the park (not to mention take 4 wickets).

The fact that you are ALL saying "Kenya should have won" only proves to me that you are all ADMITTING Kenya played better cricket. In which case you should be *MORE* proud of this 'thriller' because Bangladesh beat the team who were playing better cricket on the day.

I see it more as one of Bangladesh's great thrilling wins. I think too many people become critical of the team (Ashraful this ... Javed Omar that ... Kapali bad form ... Khaled Mashud can't captain etc etc) ... these remarks eventually hit the players and I think their performances suffer because of our over-critical nature.

I've noticed performances amounst India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and now Bangladesh are often harmed because of critial comments from the locals. If you look at a team like England ... 5 years ago they were losing nearly every series. However the locals (Barmy Army) promised to support their team all over the world. Look at where they are today, no one would have dreamed they could be #2 in the world ... let alone win the bloody Ashes from Australia.

I think the U/19 Bangladesh team feels none of this pressure from the local fans and thats why they manage to do so well at nearly every competition. The facilities in England are brilliant, and yet when England U/19s tourned they failed to win a single match. The Bangladesh national side could be the same ... if they only had the right kind of support. The talent is certainly there.

Oh well ... :(

sadi
August 14, 2006, 02:16 PM
ouheiuwheiuhweidfuh weldononnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee

Why are you flooding the board with this kind of messages? Mods, where are you??