PDA

View Full Version : Rafiq's 100th ODI. Make him captain. Rest Pilot.

pagol-chagol
August 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
After all Rafiq has done, he deserves this. Rahim needs to play over Pilot in this dead series anyway. I don't think Rafiq has ever captained BD.

detroitpagla
August 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
drop rofiq getting old; it's no use keeping two spiners Razzaq good replacement

pagol-chagol
August 13, 2006, 07:41 PM
drop rofiq getting old; it's no use keeping two spiners Razzaq good replacement Obviously, you don't know much about this game. Rafiq, who has done more for Bangladeshi Sports than anyone else has ever done, would appreciate this love from his team. Its just one game in a dead series anyway.

Rubu
August 13, 2006, 07:43 PM
the only problem is, the only language rafique can speak is 'dhakaiya'. how do u expect him to communicate with everyone? specially when the guy with the long hear will ask him questions at the end?

pagol-chagol
August 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
the only problem is, the only language rafique can speak is 'dhakaiya'. how do u expect him to communicate with everyone? specially when the guy with the long hear will ask him questions at the end? LOL. Rafiq can walk to the long haired guy and talk in pure Dhakaia. He can say up yours British-Raj.

Niceman70
August 13, 2006, 09:30 PM
is speaking english a definte for bangladeshi captain?

the only problem is, the only language rafique can speak is 'dhakaiya'. how do u expect him to communicate with everyone? specially when the guy with the long hear will ask him questions at the end?

sadi
August 13, 2006, 10:15 PM
I dun think its a must... what if we have a imran khan with no english sense in our team... aren't we gonna make him the captain? ofcourse we will... winning the game is more important than anything else... the problem is I don't think Rafique has captained in any form of cricket and its not a place to experiment or give people gifts... I rather rest him in this game and let shahadat play

HereWeGo
August 13, 2006, 10:50 PM
Rest pilot( make sure he rests in peace for years to come). Make neone the captain i don care as long as pilot is not playing.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 13, 2006, 11:58 PM
uuummm.... after bashar......i think pilot??????? ohhh neverrrrrrrr!! god..make n e one else!!

Rabz
August 14, 2006, 01:44 AM
making a player captain on his 100th match would have to one of the most ridiculous ideas i hv ever heard.

is captaincy a charity post that anyone can come and go when they feel like?
my answer is NO.

NO DOUBT about Rafiq's commitment, dedication and the endless support he gave us to our team. he is one of the best players ever to come out of Bangladesh.
but that should not be the reason to make him captain for a day and break the harmony within the team. we dont know about his leadership skills, niether bout him leading from the front.

remember, Pilot is just a stand-by captain ... and hopefully this is his last match as one. Hope Bashar gets better on time for the Champions Trophy and get back his own rank.

At max, Rafiq could hv a stamp of his own, may be he deserves that. infact any players who plays 100 games for his nation deserves that. then we would also hv to make one for Pilot as well, which i dont mind.

but a honorary captaincy is just an absurd idea.

Dhakablues
August 14, 2006, 02:04 AM
To add more salt to that,, he is performing below his own standards and certainly not like #25th in the world, during this tour. I dont think that his mind is pre-occpied with the thoutht of his last expulsion from the team last year but Rafique has definitely let us down with bowling and batting. When Raj and Sakib was playing with limited experience but with their brain and hearts ( if they are not the same thing, that is), Rafique on the other hand was bowling a very predictable line. His bat was also very queit and started to give us excuses of his age taking over his ability. He almost looked like a Kenyan during this tour, albeit by his complexion of performance and age.

Its a strange thought of making him the captain for the day,,, With all the melt down confidence bashing, burst the bubble shocking, waking-up-with-the-smell-of-dirty-sock days,,, I doubt that BD team is going to take any fancy to change captains again.

PoorFan
August 14, 2006, 02:15 AM
Nicely said, Sydney and Dhakablues.:up:

But I agree dropping Mashud and give a chance to Mushfique, in that case any one of Nafees, Mashree, Mushfique can lead the team.

sonarbangla
August 14, 2006, 08:06 AM
i saw, since tushar is back on the team, let him pick instead of rajin this time, he also lead the bangladeshi A team couple of days back in tht area.. right? and he did pretty well.. so let him try this time.. :)

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 08:20 AM
Salam P_C,
Nice to see you around. Missing your witty pagla post very much. Your productivity should be way up by now. Few days visiting us here wouldn't jeopardize anything. or you have spoiled your boss now?? :mad:

Wow! in that case it is better to have Rafiq as a captain for this not so significant game. Ore dhakaiya gali Ash, Aftab'er kaney bajbey and they can not reply back. Someone needs to give some earful to these boys who think too full of themselves. :E

Congrates Rafiq on his 100th ODI. the second to achieve for BD. I want to see mushfiq in action too.

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 10:10 AM
making a player captain on his 100th match would have to one of the most ridiculous ideas i hv ever heard. Since you couldn't understand the reasons behind the idea, here it is in plain language. You already know that Pilot won't play in the next game. Its Mushfiq's day. Bashar and Golla are out as well. Now, do you see any other 25+ player in Bangladesh? Rafiq has a 10+ years age diff over them. You know "age" is big in BD. Rajin was captain by default when the captain was injured for a game or two; right? In those days he was in top form. I don't see that happening again. Someone suggested Tushar who will be happy to make the team. Shahrair nafees wil be a future captain, Richard McGinnes predicted. He probably calls Rafiq "uncle". I can see the selectors rest Rafiq to in order to make him play his 100th in front of Bangladesh fans. That would generate a lot of publicity and Rafiq might prefer that too. $$$+more fame. Since Bashar& Pilot will be there I don't see him as captain there. Actually captainship for Shahriar by resting Rafiq wouldn't be bad at all. We would know a little bit about what kind of strategist Shahriar is. I hope nobody blames Farooq of nepotism there. Rafiq is off form and he is not too far from retirement. Who else is there? If Bashar or Pilot, even Golla or Chacha was there I wouldn't have thought of this idea. With the current situation I see legit reasons for making him the captain. Even if it wasn't his 100th game I still would say say that. Unless the think tank see some serious deficiency in his brain/personality which he has shown signs of, I can see them making him the captain for that day. 100th game is just a number and a gimmick anyway. Does the idea still seem ridiculous to you now? I know most fans have a short memory and a lot of BC members want his blood. Just 60 hours ago many wanted Mashrafee's blood too. CatsEye - My productivity is not really going up. I got too many interests. Slowing down on BC has helped me though.

kalpurush
August 14, 2006, 10:13 AM
i saw, since tushar is back on the team, let him pick instead of rajin this time, he also lead the bangladeshi A team couple of days back in tht area.. right? and he did pretty well.. so let him try this time.. :)

Tushar and Mushfiq should be in the 3rd ODI. Though, I think Pilot would remain the Captain!

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 10:21 AM
Tushar and Mushfiq should be in the 3rd ODI. Though, I think Pilot would remain the Captain! If Tushar, Mushfiq and Pilot plays, they have to rest 2 batsman. That seems unlikely. They want Ash+Aftab to come out of the funk. May be Rajin will be rested. Pilot's knees will probably be rested. They don't want to put too much pressure on Pilot and risk any injury before the world cup. Actually, thats true about Rafiq too. May be Rafiq isn't 100% physically and needs the rest anyway.

SMHasan
August 14, 2006, 10:39 AM
Changing captains is not a good idea although I like Rafique for his fighting spirit. He did not do well in recent matches but he has done alot to our cricket. you cant write this man off!

Wish something special from Rafique in his 100th match. Good luck make us proud.

sadi
August 14, 2006, 10:43 AM
We should give our young guys an opportunity and will really love to see what Mushfiq and Tushar has to offer... I doubt Pilot will be rested though... He wont let this opportunity go... this is the last time he is probably be the captain and he will definately be there...

sonarbangla
August 14, 2006, 11:02 AM
hmm true.. we have already won the series! who who cares if we lose a match now.. let the kiddos give a shot. :) but i strongly thing rajin and aftab shold be send 3/4 down.. hmm let rafique open with nafess. :D

Murad
August 14, 2006, 04:37 PM
guys.. i dont understand why every1 want mushfiq as a captain.. has he ever played with the team?? he just played one match with the national team and you guys want him as a captain.. he did great job with u-19 team... but national team n u-19 team lot different..
some of you are saying like.. captaincy is chillllla kola... mukhe divo vitore chole jabe.... is it that simple???????

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 05:17 PM
guys.. i dont understand why every1 want mushfiq as a captain.. has he ever played with the team?? he just played one match with the national team and you guys want him as a captain.. he did great job with u-19 team... but national team n u-19 team lot different..
some of you are saying like.. captaincy is chillllla kola... mukhe divo vitore chole jabe.... is it that simple???????

I suggest you buy "Hooked on Phoenix"

Before suggesting every1 wants Mushfiq as a captain, perhaps you should READ what every1 wrote.

Sovik
August 14, 2006, 07:12 PM

didn't you read what everyone said?