Saqibul Hasan
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Mushiqur Rahim (W/K)
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

Well we've got the series so why not try Tushar Imran in his place? I know some of you don't like Tushar, but Rajin is not doing any better so what's the worst could happen? Pilot should be dropped for his incompetency as a batsman and captain. Either Nafees or Rafique could be made captain and Mushfiq to be WK.

Yes I'm a wishful thinker.

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 10:30 AM
No the Management may come up with this team.

KM - giving his old knees a rest.

I need Shahadat - Rasel combo and give a deserved rest to Mash.

sadi
August 14, 2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think they will go through the pain of looking for another captain in the last ODI... so Khaled Masud will stay... If Mushfiq plays, he will play as a batsman

Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Sakib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful
Forhad Reza
Mohammad Rafique
Khaled Masud
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel

Miraz
August 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
BD team should be declared by now. Is anyone from BD here?? Any news on electronic media?

sonarbangla
August 14, 2006, 11:04 AM
have you guys even seen nafees as a captain or something?! hmm how does he lead a team!? i think we need to have some experienced person to lead the team, in that case if masud was dropped then i would pick tushar imran instead of any others'..

sonarbangla
August 14, 2006, 11:08 AM
ok i just saw tht rajin is not playing .. and rajib is on the team.. :D

Sovik
August 14, 2006, 11:13 AM
Mushfiq in place for Masud, Rajib for mash & tushar for rajin, let ashraful open the innings. and aftab at no. 6

Sahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful
Tushar Imran
Sakibul Hasan
Forhad Reza
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiq Rahim
Abdur Razzak
Mohammad Rafiq
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

SMHasan
August 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
Amar team die to laav nei karon management to ar amar kotha shunbena!

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
This game should be used as an opportunity to experiment with the team's youth. Mashrafee should definitely be rested. We need to make sure he doesn't get injured before the world cup. Since Tushar and Mushfiq plays I would rest Pilot's old knees for sure. He is getting up there in age and we need to save him for the world cup. I wonder if Rafiq is 100% healthy. At that age a lot of nagging pains are just a part of life. I think its his call if he wants to rest. If he wants to play I would make him the captain and rest Rajin. Otherwise Shahriar Nafees could be our version of Smith (SA). Lets see what kind of brain he got. So, my take: Mashrafee, Pilot and Rajin (or Rafiq) sits. I am curious about Shahriar Nafees's leadership ability.

bapzmania
August 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
...i think all the 3 players will get chance....... Mashud shud drop without any hesitation........

bapzmania
August 14, 2006, 11:53 AM
....may be Mushfiq will not get a chance to play the final game ..... Tushar included in -12-man squad........although they didn't say the full squad...........Source-R tv

HawkEye000
August 14, 2006, 12:04 PM
3rd ODI Team(12 man) Announced

This is the 12 they announced....Shahadat will only be playing if Razzaq fails the fitness test....good to see Rajin getting dropped, he should never be playing ODIs for Bangladesh.....but sad to see that Mushfiq isn't getting a game....liked the move of drafting Ash as an opener, he is a real waste playing in the middle order....he really isn't the player who can take 1s and 2s in the middle overs

1. Nafees
2. Ash
3. Aftab
4. Shakib
5. Tushar
6. Farhad
7. Rafique
8. Mashrafee
9. Razzaq
10. Mashud
11. Rasel
---------------
12. Shahadat (replaces Razzaq if he fails the fitness test)

http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=181

3rd ODI preview: The man of this series
Rabeed Imam from Nairobi
14-August-2006

Mashrafee Bin Mortaza finally had a good night’s sleep after 11 days and woke up a refreshed, rejuvenated young man on Monday.

He came to Kenya with a heavy heart. His 18-run last over had cost the Tigers the third ODI in Zimbabwe and probably the series also. He redeemed himself somewhat with a man-of the–match performance with the ball in the first game in Nairobi but Sunday’s unbeaten 43 at number eight and the sensational 51-run partnership with Abdur Razzak for the ninth wicket won Bangladesh a match that most people thought would go in Kenya’s favour and Mortaza had finally shrugged off the nightmare of Harare.

He did take three wickets in Sunday’s game but the Harare experience almost revisited him all over again when Thomas Odoyo smacked him for 16 in one over. Thankfully his batting ensured that there would be no repeat of that forgettable episode.

"It is not in my character to play like I did on Sunday. But this was something I had to do. The thoughts of the third match in Harare were constantly bugging me and I just had the belief I could do it," said Mortaza after the dust had settled on the nail-biting second ODI at the Nairobi Gymkhana.

"Getting 51 with 8 wickets down is not easy but I have tremendous faith in Lal La’s (Razzak’s) batting and I kept on telling him that we have to get the runs for our nation. I simply can’t imagine not winning that game. It would have been unbearable," added Bangladesh’s premier fast bowler.

Mortaza is the most likely candidate to run away with the man of the series award but he has another scope to confirm it on Tuesday. However he may have to find another partner for similar heroics as his best pal Razzak is a doubt for the third and final ODI with an ankle injury. Left-arm spinner Razzak has been the most impressive bowler for Bangladesh on the tour but he will have a fitness test in the morning of the match. If he doesn’t play then paceman Shahadat Hossain Rajib will step in.

Bangladesh on Monday named a 12 for tomorrow’s game leaving out Rajin Saleh and Mushfiqur Rahim. Mohammad Ashraful will open the batting with Shahriar Nafees Ahmed. Tushar Imran gets his first game after flying in as a replacement in Kenya and will bat at number four.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:09 PM
3rd ODI Team Announced
Bangladesh named 12 players for the 3rd ODI against Kenya. Rajin Saleh and Mushfiqur Rahim were left out for the match. Mohammad Ashraful will open the batting with Shahriar Nafees. Tushar Imran will get his first game and will bat at number four.

Razzak is doubtful for the third ODI with an ankle injury. He will have a fitness test in the morning of the match. If he doesn’t play then paceman Shahadat Hossain Rajib will step in.

Source: Tiger Cricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=181)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Murad
August 14, 2006, 12:13 PM
ya good to see that ashraful gonna open 2night... they shud've done that long time before.. as he was struggling in the middle... so i think he will do a better performance in the 3rd match as an opener..

sadi
August 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
Lets see what Ash can do as an opener... Probably another score below 10... Tushar should get some runs as he is famous for his minnow-bashing

SS
August 14, 2006, 12:17 PM
ah well Razzak is out! sad he had a great series so far.
Can Sakib and Rafique do the job in his absence..I doubt with Rafique current form
Hope Rajib can help us.
Batting wise I don't see any hope, these losers are pathetic batsmen, if you have seen how Ash,Rajin, Nafees ,and even Saqib u will say why BD playing cricket at this level.

HawkEye000
August 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
Batting wise I don't see any hope, these losers are pathetic batsmen, if you have seen how Ash,Rajin, Nafees ,and even Saqib u will say why BD playing cricket at this level.

I thought Saqib was really impresive with the bat. I have never seen a Bangladeshi batsman with better footwork. His feet movement was immaculate. Also unlike Ash and Aftab he doesn't prefer the aerial route and has the ability to be quite fluent without taking unnecassary risk.

In his 3 innings he got 63 runs and got out just once to a bowler. So you cannot complain about that too.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
ya good to see that ashraful gonna open 2night... they shud've done that long time before.. as he was struggling in the middle... so i think he will do a better performance in the 3rd match as an opener..

No good reason to think so.
He opened 21 times in the past and averaged 15.
But his career average is 20. He is no good as opener.

Here is his ODI career by batting position:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=408 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Batting
Position
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">Innings
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">NO
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">50s
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">100s
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">Highest Score
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">Total Runs
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">Avg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Opening
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">21
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">0
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">0
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">66
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">323
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">15.38
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">13
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">44
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">138
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">11.50
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 4
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">22
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">4
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">100
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">570
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">25.91
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 5
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">13
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">67 no
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">290
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">24.17
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 6
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">2
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">51 no
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">55
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">55.00
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Overall
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">71
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">9
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">100
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1376
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">20.24
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LateCut
August 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
Razzak is hurting. We should be able to cope with one less bowler if we manage to use Aftab effectively. Bring on Rahim to boost up the batting lineup and give the chap a chance.

Tokyobreeze
August 14, 2006, 12:48 PM
I would have liked to see Aftab opening the innings and Ash-Fooool dropped.Anyways, team is already announced...Lets see how quickly Ash-Foool manages to get himself out!We could have played Mushfiq in lieu of Ash-Foool.

detroitpagla
August 14, 2006, 02:06 PM
drop the whole national league players n brin u19 players. why is Rajin getting dropped? how come Rajib didn't play after his well performance in Zim? the selectors are crazy

HawkEye000
August 14, 2006, 07:02 PM
why is Rajin getting dropped?

Ashraful, Saqib, Farhad and Nafees averaged more than 30 in this Africa tour while Rajin averaged just 24.8. Even Aftab averaged more than him. The other fact is his SR in these matches have been 48.8 which is really poor. A batsman scoring less than 1 run per two balls plus who is averaging less than 25 should not be playing in our ODI team. All our remaining top 6 batsman (Nafees, Aftab, Saqib, Ashraful, Farhad) had a lot better average and SR in this tour. I hope you get it now why Rajin shouldn't be in the team.