PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful will Open in 3rd ODI vs Kenya

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:06 PM
Bangladesh named 12 players for the 3rd ODI against Kenya. Rajin Saleh and Mushfiqur Rahim were left out for the match. Mohammad Ashraful will open the batting with Shahriar Nafees. Tushar Imran will get his first game and will bat at number four.

Razzak is doubtful for the third ODI with an ankle injury. He will have a fitness test in the morning of the match. If he doesn’t play then paceman Shahadat Hossain Rajib will step in.

Source: Tiger Cricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=181)

al Furqaan
August 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
man i was just about to post this...you beat me to it babu bhai...lol

i actually wanna see rajib play. and ash to open

bapzmania
August 14, 2006, 12:16 PM
"Pilot saves again" that should be the thread title. After long time Ash finally get a chance to open I hope this time he does well.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:19 PM
Ashraful opened innings for Bangladesh in ODI total 21 times.
His avergae score as opener is 15 where as his career average is 20.

Here is Ashraful's career breakdown by batting position:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=408 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Batting
Position
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">Innings
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">NO
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">50s
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">100s
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">Highest Score
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">Total Runs
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">Avg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Opening
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">21
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">0
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">0
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">66
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">323
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">15.38
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">13
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">44
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">138
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">11.50
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 4
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">22
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">4
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">100
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">570
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">25.91
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 5
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">13
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">67 no
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">290
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">24.17
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">No. 6
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">2
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">51 no
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">55
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">55.00
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center width="20%">Overall
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="13%">71
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">3
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="9%">9
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="15%">100
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">1376
</TD><TD vAlign=center width="12%">20.24
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SS
August 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
why u give chance to this uzbuk to open...

cracky
August 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
Just as I wanted. Good decission by the selectors.

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 12:24 PM
cause other uzbuks are worse.

rudro
August 14, 2006, 12:26 PM
Good! Sloggers (no offense intended) should come either as opener, or at number 6 or at number 13.

bapzmania
August 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
Lets get ready for a big 100 from Ashraful..... oh sorry not 100 it will be 200 cause Kenya is like Rainhill to him........ so there is a real chance for him to make a 200…...
lets wait n watch....

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
cause other uzbuks are worse.

I like this word ... "uzbuk"
My dad labeled me with this word so many times in the past.
"UZBUK" will make a nice nick for the forum.
Anyone willing to step up for a name change?

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 12:35 PM
howabout ullook? Then you can have a pic to go with it.

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
Bangladesh named 12 players for the 3rd ODI against Kenya. Rajin Saleh and Mushfiqur Rahim were left out for the match. Mohammad Ashraful will open the batting with Shahriar Nafees. Tushar Imran will get his first game and will bat at number four.

Razzak is doubtful for the third ODI with an ankle injury. He will have a fitness test in the morning of the match. If he doesn’t play then paceman Shahadat Hossain Rajib will step in.

Source: Tiger Cricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=181) I think we should reserve that nick name for Ashraful only. A moderator could set up a program that replaces the word "Ashraful" with "Talented Uzbuk". Someone will tell him about that eventually.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
howabout ullook? Then you can have a pic to go with it.

WOW!!!
I remember Ullok too.
You are coming up with all the words my dad used to call me as a child.
What else you have?

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 12:38 PM
plenty where it came from. My teachers were really good at calling me with those. "Patha" was another one.

Hatebreed
August 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
Uzbuk... lol. I learned that word from the Bangla version of Tintin - The Red Sea Sharks when I was 10 years old.. Good memories. It's an uncommon gali but surprisingly yesterday I was calling our players that, on top of more common ones like ulluk, bojjat, ahammok, madhaimma, etc.. :)

rudro
August 14, 2006, 12:42 PM
plenty where it came from. My teachers were really good at calling me with those. "Patha" was another one.
Uzbuk-Ulluk-Patha-.........cool! I am lovin' it.

TheWatcher
August 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
One of our teachers used to call us belliks, not sure what it means though.

Anyway, happy to see that the management took the opportunity to experiment with the openning pair. Having two snails at the top of the order is not really healthy for an ODI team.

Tokyobreeze
August 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
Ash-Fool is what his name suggests...He is nothing more than a big Fool who loves to convert all the possibilities into ASH.

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 12:52 PM
We really enjoyed Gofur sir (Physics) and Mohsin sir (biology) with their antics. hated Sadik sir (islamiat). I am sure Pagol bhai has some stories to tell about gofur sir caining him. Thought all fazlulians received that one time or another.

Miraz
August 14, 2006, 12:53 PM
'Ahammok' is another one, I heard it so many times. lol

Tokyobreeze
One of our teachers used to call us belliks, not sure what it means though.

Is Beadop + Ulluk = Bellik?...who knows!Does the word belong to Bangla?

babubangla
If you search google images with the word "ulluk"...you will get picture of a monkey and Hussain Muhhamad Ershad. No Ashraful there!!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=ulluk&sa=N&tab=wi

Miraz
August 14, 2006, 12:55 PM
Now, a very bad decision not to play 'Theo Walcott' in the final game. Our team management is really very conservative and never sticks to a plan.

DotBall
August 14, 2006, 12:59 PM
In the midst of knee jerk reactions by BCCB most of the time there are some exceptional cases when they show iron clad resolve to stick with a player no matter what he does.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Only thing left for them to do is to try Ash in 7,8,9,10 positions.<o:p></o:p>
Just leave him be; lack of attention to his sorry a… might bring some senses in him (I am being too optimistic here, but we are short supply of players with right mindset anyway)<o:p></o:p>

Ubiquitous
August 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
Who knows, he might actually get the notion of "sticking it out" and score big. Or might just be another Golla, pun intended.

sadi
August 14, 2006, 01:13 PM
its turning out to be quite a thread... Gali thread you might say... but then again what do you expect when we are talking about Ash-thefool??

Ehsan
August 14, 2006, 01:22 PM
Okey learning time.

Ahammok = Boka
Uzbuk = ?
Ulluk = ?

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 01:23 PM
Okey learning time.

Ahammok = Boka
Uzbuk = ?
Ulluk = ?
Uzbuk = boka
Ulluk = ek srenir bandor. As those monkeys look like clueless with their big eyes. Relating to dummies.
Patha = Male goat

sadi
August 14, 2006, 01:25 PM
Uzbuk = boka
Ulluk = ek srenir bandor

...who looks like Ershad??

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 01:30 PM
...who looks like Ershad??

http://www.drishtipat.org/blog/wp-content/Holook_01.jpghttp://www.drishtipat.org/blog/wp-content/304_1_ershad_0194.jpg

Source: The Ulluk Story (http://www.drishtipat.org/blog/2006/08/10/452/) at Drishtipat Group Blog (http://www.drishtipat.org/blog)

sadi
August 14, 2006, 01:33 PM
thats right!!!

al Furqaan
August 14, 2006, 01:34 PM
ahammok...my mom called me all the time...never new what it meant.

bojjat is another famous one around my house. gobet was a rare one...but being american, i had to try my darnest to not laugh when my mom was pissed at me, and called me a gobbet. damn, just thinking of that word and typing is giving me uncontrollable giggles...what a word!!!!

pagol-chagol
August 14, 2006, 01:47 PM
Ash hasn't played openner for a long time. I hope the new things he has learnt since then will make this stat table irrelevant. I am I going to bet a nickel on it though? I don't think so. Some Uzbuks never learn.

detroitpagla
August 14, 2006, 02:01 PM
Ashraful opening? thanks for the news guys now I really have to call off tomorrow morning because I would be hurt seeing ***-Ra-Fool getting out the first ball he see. Also I hope BD bats first today I wanna see how many runs they came make against the Kenyan.

Beamer
August 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
Uzbuk- probably arrived in our lingo from the Uzbek' of Uzbekistan during the middle ages, when many came from that area ( also, turkestan and afghanistan ) at the dawn of the Sultanete period that ruled Bengal for hundreds of years before the Mughals..

just made it up....

Beamer
August 14, 2006, 03:31 PM
back to the serious business of the 3rd ODI. Why are we experimenting again with Ashraful and opening? This is a stop gap solution. On one hand we want him to play responsibly in the middle order and the other hand we want to give him a carte blanche by awarding the opening slot. he is not a natural opener and we shouldn't force it upon him. Also, his record opening is worse than his record at no.4 ( not that its great ). They are not pleased with Rajin, neither am I, but that is not a reason to plug Ash there and leave the middle order exposed. I would have rather liked to see Sakib opening or even Aftab for this game..

SMHasan
August 14, 2006, 03:39 PM
I like this word ... "uzbuk"
My dad labeled me with this word so many times in the past.
"UZBUK" will make a nice nick for the forum.
Anyone willing to step up for a name change?

I have already changed my name otherwise I could take this name 'uzbuk'!

Anyway, a different decision by the managament. We might see a master innings from Ash although most of us started to hate him. Nearly hated one its your chance to become beloved again.

cricman
August 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
Fielding Restrictions allow him a little more freedom in the air so lets how this turns out. The last thing I wanna see is another Rajin 19 of 54 by Ash.

If we have to chase again then a patient innings from him will do.

Murad
August 14, 2006, 04:01 PM
hey guys... whats goin on.. is this a thread to debate names for ashraful?? or to talk abt him as an opener???
i'm really confuseddddddddddd

Mr-Cricket
August 14, 2006, 04:08 PM
Wow. Didn't think the selectors had the balls to make such a radical change. Should be interesting, no doubt.

Sovik
August 14, 2006, 04:39 PM
why did the leave out mushfiq rahim. he should have given a chance

BangladeshFan
August 14, 2006, 05:06 PM
i think its a cool decision. cant think of anyone else who could open with nafis and hit over the top. besides he wasnt getting runs at no.4. bd should try rajin at no.5 he fits well there with aftab 3 and bashar 4. if ash comes well as opener this time it would really be a bonus.

SS
August 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
what you guys talking about openning an innings for Bangladesh, who does not know even how to score runs sensibly. Does he deserve to play Cricket at this level.

israr
August 14, 2006, 05:40 PM
will ashraful score the fastest century, or score a double century, or recieve a golden duck? well, have to wait till tomorrow to find out.....................

Sam
August 14, 2006, 06:30 PM
It's really interesting to see that many of the forum members want to see Ash to open the innings with Shahriar Nafees and they are thankful(rather grateful) to BCB thinktank. But whether he can perform to our expectation, that is the question!

CricTiger
August 14, 2006, 06:31 PM
why did the leave out mushfiq rahim. he should have given a chance

Do I have to tell you who is the captain here? Mushfiq k chance deoya ar nizer pa:D ya kooral mara same thing.

Mashkanda
August 14, 2006, 08:38 PM
Uzbuk... lol. I learned that word from the Bangla version of Tintin - The Red Sea Sharks when I was 10 years old.. Good memories. It's an uncommon gali but surprisingly yesterday I was calling our players that, on top of more common ones like ulluk, bojjat, ahammok, madhaimma, etc.. :)

It is vadaimma, not madahimma....it means bohemian or street boy :)

Orpheus
August 14, 2006, 08:59 PM
It is vadaimma, not madahimma....it means bohemian or street boy :)

Mashkanda sounds like a gaali too.....

Mashkanda: An idiot who gets injured by himself.

roaring_tiger
August 14, 2006, 09:39 PM
hey guys .. what a thread it turned out... starting with Ash as opener..then the greatest "gali thread"... many old galies that I was used to... gobet, patha, uzbuk, ulluk, vedaimma,.... man our language seems to be rich in this sector..!!...let me include some more...."bekub", "bekkel" and how about "moga"... have u guys heard this before?...
anyway.. I understand the decision to use Ash as opener is an experiment... but what will be decision if he succeeds?... should we plan to use him as opener for a longer period keeping one eye on the preperation for WC?

Rabz
August 14, 2006, 10:03 PM
i hope Da Fool realises that this is his diamond opportunity to get back in form.
more importantly, score a century and make a statement... to us all.

rafiq
August 14, 2006, 10:12 PM
Bolod selectors have made another ridiculous move. Ashraful averages 10 more at 4 than he does at 1. A man who has scored 100 against Australia can get runs against kenya whether he bats at 1 or 11. What will it prove if he scores runs tomorrow? And why couldn't Mushfiq get a game as a batsman in this series?

fuzzy
August 14, 2006, 10:32 PM
finaly dey got right idea
ash will do well, even if he doesn't his getting his best chance. iam sure he will do well. iam guesin he is gonna get 100

Tokyobreeze
August 14, 2006, 11:48 PM
Okey learning time.

Ahammok = Boka
Uzbuk = ?
Ulluk = ?

Simple...

Ahammok = Ash-Fool
Uzbuk = Ash-Foool
Ulluk = Ash-Foooool (annd umm..Ershad):D

Rabz
August 14, 2006, 11:56 PM
ummm Earshad...fool?? sorry i cant agree...
the guy should be living legend of Bangladesh..something in the line of Hugh Hefner, lolz. he reigned the country for good 9 years, made gizillions of dollars and now just taking it easy i guess. im sure he doesnt mind gettin bambooed by both AL and BNP, after he he got nothing to prove or gain anymore.. he he

Earshad is jate matal tale thik.

Dhakablues
August 15, 2006, 12:03 AM
I think it shouldve been Aftab instead.. but oh well,,, hope to see some fireworks,, need to break that Kenya record of 347 years back..but realistically, I dont think we can do that unless top 4 batsmen click.

Tokyobreeze
August 15, 2006, 12:36 AM
ummm Earshad...fool??

Ershad isn't a fool.He is just Ulluk (as also seen in google images)...the word 'Fool' is a Trademark of Ash-Fool.No one else should have it!

salin
August 15, 2006, 01:06 AM
WOW!!!
I remember Ullok too.
What else you have?
Howabout Gordov or Goru......

Zunaid
August 15, 2006, 01:12 AM
WOW!!!
I remember Ullok too.
What else you have?

Haven't you heard the climactic lines from "Score Wars: The Umpire Strikes Back?"

The dialog goes something like this once Cats_eye had sliced off Babubangla's hand at the wrist with his electric bat.
Cats_eye: "babu, I am your father"

cricket_pagol
August 15, 2006, 01:28 AM
haha... this thread is becoming quite funny.

I am happy with Ashraful opening the innings.

arafath79
August 15, 2006, 08:25 AM
Ashraful k ekta laathi diya bair kore na ken ???

thebest
August 15, 2006, 09:29 AM
After his score of 18, remind me the following true story.

Once Gavasker decieded that he would bat at no 4, not his usual opening slot. But even before India score the first run Marshal strikes twice leaving India 0/2. Came down little master and met by the Master Blaster Richards. Richards welcome him by saying "Man where ever you bat, INDIA's score is still 0". In the same spirit I want to say to Ash "Man, where ever you bat u would score less than 20".
Time may be coming to0 quickly to say good bye to our Ash, after the way those tow kids played today . We all thought he is a gem may be he is extremly shiny glass.

DotBall
August 15, 2006, 11:24 AM
Another inning went by with Ash's tremendous success. He managed to get valuable 15 runs against Keneya and our selectors can not hold their excitement of his success. Ash got his form back and our selectors found their "opener".

I gave up on our selectors' rational. I guess their brain works only under optimal condition (good sleep, kora dud-cha, 2 hrs of paper reading before starting to work and lastly but most importantly that 2 minutes time they had to really think about the 3rd ODI lineup before the due time)

Rabz
August 15, 2006, 11:57 AM
After his score of 18, remind me the following true story.

Once Gavasker decieded that he would bat at no 4, not his usual opening slot. But even before India score the first run Marshal strikes twice leaving India 0/2. Came down little master and met by the Master Blaster Richards. Richards welcome him by saying "Man where ever you bat, INDIA's score is still 0". In the same spirit I want to say to Ash "Man, where ever you bat u would score less than 20".
Time may be coming to0 quickly to say good bye to our Ash, after the way those tow kids played today . We all thought he is a gem may be he is extremly shiny glass.

very well said my friend. :up:

looks like time has come to say goodbye, even though heart doesnt want to.

may be there is no cure for this disease, no matter where he go, what he does, he is still trapped on the same mentality and maturity when he 17.

he, along with aftab, needs to realise its time to grow up, come out of wonderland. They have graduated from puberty boys to MEN a long time ago, now act like one.

Miraz
August 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
I don't take Ashraful's 15 that bad like u are taking. This should be the opening combination and Ashraful looked much better today. He got out in a good ball, at least hasn't thrown his wicket. Selectors should persist with this opening combination for at least 5 more ODI's before taking another decision.

sadi
August 15, 2006, 12:22 PM
I didn't see him bat, so can't really comment on his batting today but I heard he got out to a very good ball which had an awkward rise. He is better than Rajin in top order and should continue with him for few matches. We have Sakib and Forhad in the middle order and Bashar can simply replace Tushar.

DotBall
August 15, 2006, 01:09 PM
[quote=sadi]I didn't see him bat, so can't really comment on his batting today but I heard he got out to a very good ball which had an awkward rise. He is better than Rajin in top order and should continue with him for few matches.quote]

I see the point you and "Miraz" made about how Ash looked better batting in openning slot and how he did not throw away his wicket. But the fact remains that he did not do well in this position. No matter how much of a big hitter one can be to take advantage of first 10 overs the openers should be able to negotiate new ball at all time. I just don't see why our selectors would try to play Ash in the openning slot just give him something different in the hope of "Dream Batsman" we are hopping Ash would become. They are better off building someone from ground up (may be another S. Nafees and not N. Iqbal). If they have to include Ash in the team then slot him in anywhere from 2nd to 4th down.

sadi
August 15, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think right now number 3 to 6 should go to aftab, bashar, sakib and forhad. Therefore, either we have to drop ash or rajin and I rather see Ash opening.

laki
August 15, 2006, 01:21 PM
Ashraful is like a child with a lolypop.He always wants to taste it with ball.

DotBall
August 15, 2006, 01:53 PM
I think right now number 3 to 6 should go to aftab, bashar, sakib and forhad. Therefore, either we have to drop ash or rajin and I rather see Ash opening.

Valid point in light of Aftab, Bashar, Sakib and Forhad. Who do you think is a better long-term option as opener in ODI? I can only see Ash keeping the openning seat warm for someone else to step up. But it seems like everybody includeing Ash thinks he can do miracles and that will keep getting in the way of natural progression or faze-out of Ash.

sadi
August 15, 2006, 02:19 PM
I guess, Nazmus Sadat or Mehrab jr will be in action very soon... till then Ash stays and hopefully learn some common sense...

mhferdaus
August 15, 2006, 02:42 PM
Haven't you heard the climactic lines from "Score Wars: The Umpire Strikes Back?"

The dialog goes something like this once Cats_eye had sliced off Babubangla's hand at the wrist with his electric bat.
Cats_eye: "babu, I am your father"

It is quite refreshing to see Dr. Zunaid being very humorous and he saw star wars too.

SMHasan
August 15, 2006, 07:28 PM
[বাংলা]আশ এর জন্য ইনিংস উদ্বোধন করা যে কথা মাঝখানে খেলা একই কথা। কথায় বলে না যাহা বাহান্ন তাহাই তিপ্পান্ন![/বাংলা]