PDA

View Full Version : shall i commentate??

al Furqaan
August 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
i plan on watching as much of the 3rd ODI as possible.

now I will watch the beggining 15 overs or 1 hour or so downstairs on the big screen (i wish i had a widescreen plasma/LCD TV). this is my first time ever watching live cricket on the big screen, and i am quite excited, to be honest.

the reason for this thread is, those of you who cannot watch the match live, do you want me to provide occaisional commentary (perhaps 2X an over) of the the match? the commentary will be on the match thread, since the chat room never works for me.

if i get sufficient affirmative answers i will do it for as long as i can (if i don't get bored in the middle overs). i plan on watching the whole match...but there is probably only a 20% chance that i can fight the boredom of the middle overs and succeed.

i just have to tell myself no live cricket on a big screen for years to come...so this is my only chance, lol.

so let me know.

thanks

sweety_14
August 14, 2006, 12:16 PM
if that makes you happy then go ahead

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yes sure! I want you to commentate. But do it in the chat room. Try it again with explorer.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:34 PM
2X an Over?
When will you watch the game then?

By the way, I took my office projector home for the weekend and projected the game on the wall. It was almost like a cinema hall.....looked amazing!!

al Furqaan
August 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
Yes sure! I want you to commentate. But do it in the chat room. Try it again with explorer.

cats eye you will have to help me with the chat room.

i access it...then it asks me to select a server. i always chose "chicago, USA" cuz thats the closest to me geographically.

am i doing something wrong? thats as far as i get. then i see nothing. i think i can type messages, but i don't see any other activity.

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 12:41 PM

i access it...then it asks me to select a server. i always chose "chicago, USA" cuz thats the closest to me geographically.

am i doing something wrong? thats as far as i get. then i see nothing. i think i can type messages, but i don't see any other activity.

May be there was no one else in the chat room that time!!:)

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
right before the game login at the chat site. Someone will surely be there at that time. Don't chose any server. Just your userid and password. then proceed in the bottom. It may take a minute or so to connect but you must be patient. I won't be able to be there for the first half but will join in the second half inshallah. I am sure, Miraz, SMHasan, HateBreed, Nasif, Ahmed_B and some other regulars will be there from the start.

Nasif
August 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
right before the game login at the chat site. Someone will surely be there at that time. Don't chose any server. Just your userid and password. then proceed in the bottom. It may take a minute or so to connect but you must be patient. I won't be able to be there for the first half but will join in the second half inshallah. I am sure, Miraz, SMHasan, HateBreed, Nasif, Ahmed_B and some other regulars will be there from the start.

If I am not there my ghost (nick) will be there, you can definitely talk with it (my away nick its always logged in most of the time). :)

babubangla
August 14, 2006, 01:14 PM
If I am not there my ghost will be there

Inna-Lillah...when did you die?:)

Nasif
August 14, 2006, 01:17 PM
Inna-Lillah...when did you die?:)

I have figured out the secret path to the other realm. I can change the mode as needed :eek:

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2006, 01:38 PM
If I am not there my ghost (nick) will be there, you can definitely talk with it (my away nick its always logged in most of the time). :)
Was wondering such a dedicated fan staying up all night everynight. :) ATMR use to do that. meaning logged in but not there actually. nak deke gumacchey!

shovon13
August 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
that'd be gangsta

abdulw11
August 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
that'd be gangsta

Fo' shizzle

Nasif
August 14, 2006, 03:20 PM
Was wondering such a dedicated fan staying up all night everynight. :) ATMR use to do that.
I have stayed up my fair share and still do it (may be not every match). I still remember sitting infront of PC on CricInfo web comms ICC 1997 BD Ken match :) that was joyful moment

Beamer
August 14, 2006, 03:35 PM
al Furqaan

wait till you see a game live in Dhaka at a packed house ! its defeaning...

SMHasan
August 14, 2006, 03:54 PM
As this 3rd ODI is our last match for the next few weeks I would like to invite everyone in the BC to come in the chat room during match time. We always have good fun out there and if we are big in number then it will be a huge fun just like bangladesh where we all used to watch in a big room. I still remember the 1999 WC victory over pakistan! So lets meet in the chat room.

SMHasan
August 14, 2006, 03:59 PM

As u can access it then u must have java client installed in ur pc. When u logged in then dont do anything else just wait 2 mins or so. when are connected then you will see some members in the room. Dont try to select any server. If you are not connected to the chatroom then you will see a message 'connecting'.

If you cannot connect then close the window try again. Sometimes I cannot connect then I close the window and try again. Most of the time 3rd try works for me.
Good luck. C u in the chatroom.

al Furqaan
August 14, 2006, 05:59 PM
al Furqaan

wait till you see a game live in Dhaka at a packed house ! its defeaning...

i have bd-ind 2nd ODI on DVD...watch it on the big screen from time to time...plan on watching it tonite to kill time b4 tonite's game.

that BNS atmosphere was ELECTRIC!!! i just hope mirpur can retain that...

bengaltiger
August 14, 2006, 06:06 PM
2X an Over?
By the way, I took my office projector home for the weekend and projected the game on the wall. It was almost like a cinema hall.....looked amazing!!

you did what!!?? that's crazy. where do u live? i gotta come over.

salin
August 15, 2006, 01:20 AM
I would be great, go ahead pls

kalpurush
August 15, 2006, 09:15 AM
i have bd-ind 2nd ODI on DVD...watch it on the big screen from time to time...plan on watching it tonite to kill time b4 tonite's game.

that BNS atmosphere was ELECTRIC!!! i just hope mirpur can retain that...

Could I have a copy of the BD-IND 2nd ODI DVD please? Pls. let me know how I could contact you kindly if it is a yes! :lol:

Nasif
August 15, 2006, 10:25 AM
Could I have a copy of the BD-IND 2nd ODI DVD please? Pls. let me know how I could contact you kindly if it is a yes! :lol:

I have uploaded/seeded it several times. Check here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=10645

I can reseed it if others interested as well.