PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Mashrafee...and Rafique

rafiq
August 15, 2006, 05:14 AM
A couple of Mashrafee's wickets looked doubtful but congrats for his best ever performance...and Bangladesh's best as well, beating Aftab's 5-31.

And congrats to Rafique - 1 wicket in his 100th match!

Bangladesh's bowling helped a little by umpires and weak opposition, but looking balanced and impressive nonetheless.

marif
August 15, 2006, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Mashrafe
congrates for new bowling record for Bangladesh team (6/26)
previous one Aftab Ahmed 5/31 against NZ

and Of Course huge congratulation in advance for 3 consecutive Man of the Match.
i think its a new World record. isn't it?

tglover
August 15, 2006, 05:41 AM
All I can say is ... where are the highlights? :P

Rabz
August 15, 2006, 05:49 AM
congrats to Mashree...great performance...
simply outstanding...
Hat's off to u mate

Rabz
August 15, 2006, 05:53 AM
yap...congrats to mash... best bowling by bd ever in odi...
great stuff

Warlock
August 15, 2006, 05:58 AM
And that takes Mashrafe to an unassailable position for yet another MOM award! Now he gets three MOMs in a row and makes a clean sweep of the MOM prize in the whole series! I wonder if anyone has done anything like this before- means securing each and every MOM award in a particular ODi series.

arafath79
August 15, 2006, 08:23 AM
Congratulation Mashrafe for fantastic performance.

wanderer
August 15, 2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, from a cold la mer in South Africa, warm congrats to the Bangladeshi team on a clinical performance and first ever away series win!

cricman
August 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
And that takes Mashrafe to an unassailable position for yet another MOM award! Now he gets three MOMs in a row and makes a clean sweep of the MOM prize in the whole series! I wonder if anyone has done anything like this before- means securing each and every MOM award in a particular ODi series.

Flintoff's Calling out Party Oct 2003 vs BD

Tokyobreeze
August 15, 2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, from a cold la mer in South Africa, warm congrats to the Bangladeshi team on a clinical performance and first ever away series win!

Considering the regular irresponsible batting from the top-order genius batsmen like Aftab and Ash-Fool, can't really say its a clinical performance.It's more like we managed to win.Congrats to BD team all the same.

And, Mash was simply great...No confusion..For last few days he was not doing justice to his batting ability.In the 2nd ODI he won the game almost single handedly through his responsible batting.And, today with 6 wickets he just showed the world that what ability he has!Hope to see this type of performance regularly from Mash:up:

kalpurush
August 15, 2006, 08:58 AM
Congrats Mashrafee. Great performance. We would be waiting to see the same in the forthcomming Champions Trophy too!

Warlock
August 15, 2006, 09:03 AM
Considering the regular irresponsible batting from the top-order genius batsmen like Aftab and Ash-Fool...
"Ash-Fool":lol:? You got it perfectly right man:up:

Rubu
August 15, 2006, 09:43 AM
Congrat to mash. for 3 back to back MoM and for the best bowling figure and MoS.

still, I would have taken a better over from him in 3rd ODI against Zim than this performance. We could win the series without mash against kenya, but we needed that to win the series against zim.

HawkEye000
August 15, 2006, 09:50 AM
Congrat to mash. for 3 back to back MoM and for the best bowling figure and MoS.

still, I would have taken a better over from him in 3rd ODI against Zim than this performance. We could win the series without mash against kenya, but we needed that to win the series against zim.

i hope you are convinced now that he didn't take bribes to throw that match away.....

btw I think the series against kenya would have been really close if we didn't have Mash in our ranks

fwullah
August 15, 2006, 09:52 AM
After today's performance, I admit that Mashrafee is a pace bowler.

DotBall
August 15, 2006, 10:05 AM
Congrats to Marsi for becoming Man-of-the-series and 3-MOM. It shows how much he wanted to bounce back from below par performance in Zim tour.
His 6 wickets against Keneya is not something to brag about, but it is a good stat to have. Hope he can use the same composer in C. Trophy.
Good luck

Rubu
August 15, 2006, 10:08 AM
i hope you are convinced now that he didn't take bribes to throw that match away.....

btw I think the series against kenya would have been really close if we didn't have Mash in our ranks
You should now even better understand where I was coming from. Look what he is capable of, and look what he did then.

HawkEye000
August 15, 2006, 10:13 AM
You should now even better understand where I was coming from. Look what he is capable of, and look what he did then.

That doesn't justify you branding him a bribe taker or suspecting that he took money to throw the match away...anybody can have a bad day.....and we all know what Mash had to through with injuries and change of action.... I guess emotions got the better of you that time

al Furqaan
August 15, 2006, 11:02 AM

i kinda feel the same way...but still a 6-26 haul mostly during middle overs is a pretty amazing innings no matter who is the opponent. think of it this way...if shoaib, lee, macgrath, or vaas played similarily weak opposition, how often would they take 5 or 6 for 20 odd runs? bond, is a bowler who when healthy could perhaps do that every other day, even then i am prolly exegeratting.

Rubu
August 15, 2006, 11:28 AM
AF, I did not say it was not a great performance. that is what making me actually even more mad. I know what you are capable of, what was that 4 full toss and a no ball all about?
What I was trying to say is, from the team's point of view, a series win against kenya would come, one way or another. but that when we needed it the most, he screwed things up, and lost us a series. we used to think we were better than zim. we can't do that anymore, can we?

Spitfire_x86
August 15, 2006, 11:49 AM
we used to think we were better than zim. we can't do that anymore, can we?
Yes, we can. Since 2005 we played 10 matches against them and they could hardly dominate in any match (except the 4th ODI in the last match), while we beat them comfortably in at least 3 matches.

Ahmed_B
August 15, 2006, 11:56 AM
Congrats to Mash again!
This is what they call 'anger of a wounded tiger'! :)

That 3rd match loss and after that being left out of the game in the 5th match.. Mash really fired up in this Kenya series... and the Kenyans were simply shattered with Mashrafee all over them. Even in the 2nd match... when our 'professional batsmen' took the game too lightly, mash batted like a monster to grab the victory and the pagla monster took the whole series from the kenyans as like taking candy from the hands of a child! :)

al Furqaan
August 15, 2006, 01:17 PM
AF, I did not say it was not a great performance. that is what making me actually even more mad. I know what you are capable of, what was that 4 full toss and a no ball all about?
What I was trying to say is, from the team's point of view, a series win against kenya would come, one way or another. but that when we needed it the most, he screwed things up, and lost us a series. we used to think we were better than zim. we can't do that anymore, can we?

i agree.

i think we are still stronger than zimbabwe...we had a poor series. wait till zims come to BD in december. of course to be better we should dominate them on their own turf.

but zimbabwe have improved by miles, whilst kenya have fallen flat on their faces...that is what this tour tells us.

tutul
August 15, 2006, 02:23 PM

still, I would have taken a better over from him in 3rd ODI against Zim than this performance. We could win the series without mash against kenya, but we needed that to win the series against zim. yup. forgiven but not forgotten.

mhferdaus
August 15, 2006, 02:48 PM
Congrats to Mash again!
This is what they call 'anger of a wounded tiger'! :)

That 3rd match loss and after that being left out of the game in the 5th match.. Mash really fired up in this Kenya series... and the Kenyans were simply shattered with Mashrafee all over them. Even in the 2nd match... when our 'professional batsmen' took the game too lightly, mash batted like a monster to grab the victory and the pagla monster took the whole series from the kenyans as like taking candy from the hands of a child! :)

This is Mashrafee at the very best and I pray that he improves on his best, INSHA-ALLAH.