PDA

View Full Version : Mortaza,so far highest wicket taker in ODI's this fiscal year

shobbo
August 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
well
i know it may not be the case at the end of the year..but atleast for one month(August) Mashrafe will b shown highest ODI wicket taker in 2006..and feel grat for that...he got 32 wickets so far after his career best 6 for 26 ..past Natahan Bracknen(30) of Aus and Irfan Pathan(28)..now tri nation in Srilanka is very much in Doubt..so it's fare to say pathan may not get chance to play this month..Rafique is #4 in terms of wickets(24)....
cheers

moula
August 15, 2006, 01:48 PM
great news. congrats to mashrafee. if razzak was given the chance to play all the match BD played this year, i am sure, he would have been at least inside top ten. he is the most continuous performer amongst bowlers, i think.

Tigers_eye
August 15, 2006, 02:13 PM
Fiscal year? that starts at July 1st, right?

Anyways, our bowlers did perform well in the kenya series. Congratulations to mash for his gutty performances.

mhferdaus
August 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
Mashrafee surely showed his best during the kenya series, just imagine what would have been if he was not injured frequently ... oh this is pointless imagination, let us wait and see what he could do in the future.

sadi
August 15, 2006, 03:16 PM
Atleast Mashrafee is highest wicket-taker in a ODI for August 15th, 2006 thats for sure!!!

Rubu
August 15, 2006, 03:38 PM
When exactly does fiscal year starts and end? I'm actually more interested in calender year, more specificly cricket calender year.

shobbo
August 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
lol...sorry for the word "fiscal"..actually i work in a financial institution..lol..so i used to use those type of words...it shd be this year..till august 2006..

SMHasan
August 15, 2006, 07:18 PM
lol...sorry for the word "fiscal"..actually i work in a financial institution..lol..so i used to use those type of words...it shd be this year..till august 2006..

I was thinking about this word as well. Fiscal year means financial year. In cricket you can say season mentioning the year i.e in 2005-06 season.

kalpurush
August 15, 2006, 11:26 PM
Well, Mashrafee earned few extra bucks this year so far by winning Man of The Match prize. Therefore it's a fiscal (financial) year for him not for the other players though!:)

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2006, 03:35 PM
Ah!! In North America we call it Calender year.

State fiscal year starts at July 1st.
Federal fiscal year starts at Oct 1st.

With More Zimbo and Kenyan games lined up he may end up in the top 5 this year. That would a great achievement no matter who we faced.