PDA

View Full Version : Here is an idea!

LateCut
August 15, 2006, 12:41 PM
After sacrificing my sleep to watch BD-Kenya 3rd ODI, I was again disappointed by the performance of the BD top order. The commentators kept on harping that Ashraful was out by a stunning delivery. I saw nothing special. The ball kept its line but jumped a little bit. He played it awkwardly with his feet entombed in cement as if he expected it to swing in.

Now here is a suggestion. I know the selectors and a few of BD fans like him. So, I would be in favour of including him, if we have to, in the champions trophy squad but not play him in the qualifying round. The reason being we need to perform consistently if we were to advance. Ash lacks the consistency. However, if we do qualify then play him next round . May be he will have one more dream innings.

This way we can satisfy both fans and foes of Ashraful. :head:

Rubu
August 15, 2006, 12:43 PM
Keep dreaming about qualifying to the next round.

LateCut
August 15, 2006, 12:52 PM
Don't we call our country Sonar Bangla! I am programmed to be a dreamer.

Rabz
August 15, 2006, 10:55 PM
can we not have any more thread about Ashraful any more..plz??
this is gettin monotonous now...
i read in the Prothom Alo today that even Dave said there is not point sitting with the boys privately (ash and aftab) and have a chat... about thier problem.. cuz according to him" we do that almost everyday"...

i also dont see how we opening 2 threads per day regarding Ash and his problems would solve matter anyway either..

kalpurush
August 15, 2006, 11:56 PM
Keep dreaming about qualifying to the next round.

Mission: Impossible 4
(Like the movie, at the end it's possible!):lol:

tutul
August 16, 2006, 04:20 AM
Now here is a suggestion. I know the selectors and a few of BD fans like him. So, I would be in favour of including him, if we have to, in the champions trophy squad but not play him in the qualifying round. The reason being we need to perform consistently if we were to advance. Ash lacks the consistency. However, if we do qualify then play him next round .
or this kid can go and play for rainhill club.

LateCut
August 16, 2006, 08:32 AM
or this kid can go and play for rainhill club.

I will like this option the best. At least the BD can hope to get some foreign currency remittance unless he spends it all at the Oxford street.