PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up call

Reaz
August 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
Today's performance of Farhad Reza and Saqibul Hasan should be a wake up call for Ashraful, Aftab and few others. Farhad and Saqib had shown an excellent exhibition of professionalism. Had shown how to play the balls according to its merits. And when and how to pace an innings.
Ash and Aftab, no doubt you are talented. But talent without performance is of no use. If you or anyone like you thought that your place in Bangladesh squad is confirmed, then here is the wake up call for you from two youngsters. Remember few more are in the queue who has talents as well as matured head over the young shoulders.

khalifa
August 15, 2006, 01:54 PM
Today's performance of Farhad Reza and Saqibul Hasan should be a wake up call for Ashraful, Aftab and few others. Farhad and Saqib had shown an excellent exhibition of professionalism. Had shown how to play the balls according to its merits. And when and how to pace an innings.
Ash and Aftab, no doubt you are talented. But talent without performance is of no use. If you or anyone like you thought that your place in Bangladesh squad is confirmed, then here is the wake up call for you from two youngsters. Remember few more are in the queue who has talents as well as matured head over the young shoulders.

Completely agree with you. Ash/Aft gadhas should do a short course on professional batting from these lads :)

Tigers_eye
August 15, 2006, 02:10 PM
Completely agree with you. Ash/Aft gadhas should do a short course on professional batting from these lads :)
I agree with all of you. If they are too shy to take these lads as masters then I suggest watch Mashrafe's innings (batting 2nd ODI against Kenya).

SS
August 15, 2006, 02:21 PM
Time to give them punishment...if they don't fit they betta quit
Two or three match winning innings are not enough for our BD cricket improvement. Our selectors should be honest and bold enough to punish these cricketers. It happend to Rokon, Musfiq babu, Tapash, Talha, Sanwar, and lot other cricketers, it can happen to them too. They should stop playing reckless cricket and should learn from their mistakes.

mhferdaus
August 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
Time to give them punishment...if they don't fit they betta quit
Two or three match winning innings are not enough for our BD cricket improvement. Our selectors should be honest and bold enough to punish these cricketers. It happend to Rokon, Musfiq babu, Tapash, Talha, Sanwar, and lot other cricketers, it can happen to them too. They should stop playing reckless cricket and should learn from their mistakes.

I remember someone writing, Farhad is not as talented as Ashraful, well I tried to explain he was holding back, and now look he can play some of the shots Ashraful play, but my point was just able to play shot is not good enough application is very important, so our match winner Ashraful must play to the situation and try choose to the ball to hit accordingly, if most of our top orders did that, we atleast would have average of 220 per innings, instead of 180 or something like that. :D.

mij
August 15, 2006, 03:19 PM

Agree, 100%.... I just hope Farhad and Saqib they never play or become like ash.

Sam
August 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
In fact, my suggestion was to remove Ash in the 3rd ODI, and he really continued to show that he is an over-rated under-performer. But Aftab is still better than Ash in that respect, I believe.

cricket_pagol
August 15, 2006, 05:16 PM
With the emergence of Saquib and Farhad, i hope there will be a healthy competition in the team. These two young kids are more professional then our "reputed" stars. Looking forward to see Mehrab jnr playing a similar role in the BD national yeam.

Fazal
August 15, 2006, 07:06 PM
Yes its a wake-up call indeed. The the problem is what effect does it have to people who are deaf? Only think they need is a shake-up call instead.