PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Themes

Ehsan
August 15, 2006, 11:01 PM
Since a lot of the members don't visit the support forum. This thread is thus posted in this forum and will be moved later on.

This survey is actually to find out which theme our users are using or what is close to your taste. All you have to do is vote.

Dhurr
August 15, 2006, 11:09 PM
I am using Gel right now, but I like green more.

Bancan
August 16, 2006, 12:31 AM
green looks way better then gel. the buttons looks more modern. i hope u guys will introduce more themes, sumthing like the noia 2.0 (extreme) 3.12 for firefox. that kinda theme would really modernize this site

Ehsan
August 16, 2006, 12:42 AM
green looks way better then gel. the buttons looks more modern. i hope u guys will introduce more themes, sumthing like the noia 2.0 (extreme) 3.12 for firefox. that kinda theme would really modernize this site

BanglaCricket Gel actually also has the 'modern fashioned' Gel buttons. At the moment we are happy with the 3 themes, we like Shahriar Nafees more than Ashraful...consistency in style. Nevertheless, in future you might see more themes.

Orpheus
August 16, 2006, 12:45 AM
don't you have an admisnistration freature that tell you what percentage of ppl are using which theme...

I know XMB used to have it.

Ehsan
August 16, 2006, 12:48 AM
Don't think so...plus this is just a survey to hear from the BC members.

jabbar
August 16, 2006, 12:50 AM
... but actually, i don't care.

Ehsan
August 16, 2006, 12:55 AM
... but actually, i don't care.

Nice, good to know that. I think you are more like water, can fit in anywhere. :)

All you were asked was to vote.

tutul
August 16, 2006, 03:57 AM
im using BC default right now but i like bluesh.

Spitfire_x86
August 16, 2006, 04:27 AM
Now I use Banglacricket.

I used to use Mac OS XMB theme in the old forum.

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2006, 08:10 AM
Green Green up up!! Three cheers for green hip hip hurray!!hip hip hurray!!
Get in lines boys!!

ialbd
August 16, 2006, 08:49 AM
Banglacricket default works fine.
________
Honda rc211v (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC211V)

Miraz
August 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
Green Green up up!! Three cheers for green hip hip hurray!!hip hip hurray!!
Get in lines boys!!

I am with you. Using green recently and seems to be better than default theme:)

ammark
August 16, 2006, 03:51 PM
was using default all these days and have become used to it. So I switched to gel, now that its similar and yet a bit more polished

Rabz
August 17, 2006, 02:04 AM
im also using Green... looks much better

Hatebreed
August 17, 2006, 02:42 AM
I'm currently using Gel but I like the buttons on Green. Can't you make more sleek and modern looking buttons for Gel also? I prefer the light gray background :)

Shafin
August 22, 2006, 01:10 AM
I used to use the VB default,but now that that one is removed,i do not bother about these any more.

Mr-Cricket
August 22, 2006, 03:07 AM
I liked the one we had originally. I think it was somewhere in between the VB default Shafin mentioned, and the BanglaCricket one I'm using now (VB default buttons, BanglaCricket colour scheme). It must have been a work in progress because theres nothing that closely resembles it anymore. Loved those Emerald Green gel buttons. :up:

Zunaid
August 22, 2006, 10:08 PM
used to exist in the previous XMB based forum?

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/buttons.gif

I liked those - originally designed by Arnab. When we switched over to the new forum, I hated the ugly blue look and feel which was not at all copacetic with BanglaCricket's look and feel.

As a quick solution, I designed the default Banglacricket theme. I have always wanted to redo the the icons but "other events" over took me ;-)

Then Ehsan strode into the breach and gave us the two new themes. *clap*

My personal preference is for the more subtle look and I wouldn't mind seeing the emerald orbs again :)

Here is what I see:

2 background formats - a gray look (A) and a light green look (B)

4 sets of icons - default (1), green (2), gel (3), emerald (4 - tentative)

Our current themes are A1, A3, B2

If there is sufficient interest in (4), I can go ahead and create the icon set and give you: A4 (Banglacricket emerald)