PDA

View Full Version : What Bangladesh cricket got from Kenya tour?

mzia
August 16, 2006, 05:35 AM
Bangladesh won 3-0 against Kenya, score line showing a clean difference between these two countries.
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Bangladesh shown their performance consistently in bowling with some exception but we can say bowling is quite okay. Mashrafi got his confidence that he lost in Zimbabwe and he was bit lost in the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> match at ending spell though.
<O:p></O:p>
Russel shown his improvement noticeably and now we can trust on him. Razzak did well. Rafique was roaming around his past level, some time not at par. But still he is Rafique.
And batting (with a long sigh…), nothing is about Ash, Aftab and Rajin. Shahriar is somehow okay. Tusar was not tasted.
And hard luck for Musfique. Habibul’s injury restricted him to inclusion in the team. As management did not find any alternative skipper, Khaled Masud was blessed; otherwise definitely Musfique would have got a chance!
But obviously we can say Bangladesh got two batsmen, Farhad and Sakib. Looks sensible and promising. I think these two are only getting in batting side from this tour.
Is any other?

battye
August 16, 2006, 05:53 AM
Would have got the guys confidence up also.

I think Shariar Nafees has the potential to be a real quality batsman over time. He has a lot of promise.

Regarding Farhad Reza, we can't really judge him after decent performances against Kenya, and to an extent Zimbabwe.

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2006, 08:44 AM
The Best thing we got from the kenya tour is our main faults became more transparent. If we can rectify before the next series we will be a pretty decent team. Batting coach, electric shock treatment, fines whatever may be the answer we at least unanimously know our faults. Top order needs to get their act right ASAP or face the music. Before the entire fault was K Mashud's.

layperson
August 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
Confidence boost that was very essential after the Zimbabwe dibacle. Thats what we got although our performances left a lot to be desired the wins definitely boosted confidence for the next series.

mzia
August 17, 2006, 01:26 AM
True, Bangladesh team recovered level of confidence. But difficulty is our some classes batsmen are overconfident. They like to play as there own, does not matter what is team situation, poor shot selection or looks like they don’t have any selection even.

kalpurush
August 17, 2006, 01:52 AM
What Bangladesh cricket got from Kenya tour?
Bangladesh cricket got the following:

1. First ever series win in foreign soil
2. Mashrafe's 50 wickets milestone
3. Get rid of the turtles from ODI
4. Two young promising cricketer (Reza and Sakib)
5. Rafiq's 100 match milestone
6. Pilot's change of fate towards winning matches
7. Implementing new ideas (gameplan of bowling Mashrafe in the 1st change)
8. And continues...

Rabz
August 17, 2006, 02:13 AM
Bangladesh cricket got the following:

1. First ever series win in foreign soil
2. Mashrafe's 50 wickets milestone
3. Get rid of the turtles from ODI
4. Two young promising cricketer (Reza and Sakib)
5. Rafiq's 100 match milestone
6. Pilot's change of fate towards winning matches
7. Implementing new ideas (gameplan of bowling Mashrafe in the 1st change)
8. And continues...

:up:

if i may add a couple...
9. the consistency in Razzak, someone a real viable replacement of Rafiq when he retires.
10. winning a game from a nail bitter situation.

kalpurush
August 17, 2006, 12:22 PM
:cool: Very good two! Yes, we found a new Razzak. In time he would be invaluable for us for sure.

Fazal
August 17, 2006, 01:55 PM

False Hope may be?

israr
August 17, 2006, 03:37 PM

False Hope may be?

In other words, beshi prottasha kora thik noy!

al Furqaan
August 17, 2006, 04:58 PM
unfortunately we didnt get as much as we hoped (though now its plain to see that a team like kenya can't offer much).

our batsman didn't make use of a weak bowling attack. mashrafee, rasel, and rajib (against zim) took all the opportunities to pick up cheap wickets. a wicket is a wicket, and i more more than pleased with their performances. averaging in the 20s even if the opponent is kenya and zimbabwe is still a honest bowling job.

getting easy wins may bode terribly for us for the champions trophy and WC...our batting has got to be better and our fielding has to improve by miles.

i am hopeful for the champions trophy, but for the first time in many many months i am not at all sure of what our boys will do.

SS
August 17, 2006, 05:46 PM
Our boys will do nothing. Our batsmen boys are pathetic and don't know how to bat. So, Champions trophy will be another similar tournament for us.

Haradhon
August 17, 2006, 08:30 PM
11. Securing a position in the top ten and being natural favorites against Kenya

Warlock
August 17, 2006, 10:09 PM
What Bangladesh Cricket got from Kenya tour?
A respite to lick our wounds inflicted by the Zimbabweans.
The bottom line is Zim can still whip our *** anytime they want.

Rabz
August 18, 2006, 01:26 AM

sorry mate...cant agree with ya..
Zim's cant whip our back anytime they want, no way.

YES, we hv lost the series.
YES, full credit to the Zims for thier victory.
YES, we didnt perform the way we should hv.
YES, our batsmen failed.
YES, our hopes got blasted.

but NO, they didnt whip us. they cant, they wont, ever again!!

why?? just look at the first and 3rd match. we hv lost on the very last stage of the game. had we won those matches, it could hv bn 4-1 in our favour. and then we all would say, "not a convincing performance, but still we won". they might hv won the game on that given day,but by no means, we were whipped.

on the first game, they came back from 108/5 and we all hv the painful memory of the third. yes, shameful given our past records and experience, we should hv won those games, but simply couldnt. but i refuse to accept the fact that the Zim's are any better than us.

come this November home series, i believe not only we can win the series, but win it comprehensively. and once we do and secure the 9th spot on the ranking, we will definitely show them who's better between this two teams. and we certainly have a better future in cricke than zim, with a good pipeline of youngsters coming in and making the difference.

infact id go this far to say that Zim's probably won thier last series agaisnt us. cuz with this team and knowing the future they r heading ( given their political debacle), i just cant see them getting the better of us in the future.

And for that matter, i dont think any team can whip our back any more. we r not the whipping boys. win against India, Australia, Sri Lanka within a span of a year is certainly a vindication of our progress. May be a slow one, but certainly is one on whom we r setting our platform. We r not a charity basket for runs and records any more these days.

kalpurush
August 18, 2006, 01:49 AM
Our boys will do nothing. Our batsmen boys are pathetic and don't know how to bat. So, Champions trophy will be another similar tournament for us.

I believe we will do fine in Champions Trophy. At least we will be in the second round. Please don't kill your hopes and dreams so easyly my friend! Cheers-

kalpurush
August 18, 2006, 01:51 AM

YES, our batsmen failed.

why?? just look at the first and 3rd match. we hv lost on the very last stage of the game. had we won those matches, it could hv bn 4-1 in our favour. and then we all would say, "not a convincing performance, but still we won". they might hv won the game on that given day,but by no means, we were whipped.

on the first game, they came back from 108/5 and we all hv the painful memory of the third. yes, shameful given our past records and experience, we should hv won those games, but simply couldnt. but i refuse to accept the fact that the Zim's are any better than us.

come this November home series, i believe not only we can win the series, but win it comprehensively. and once we do and secure the 9th spot on the ranking, we will definitely show them who's better between this two teams. and we certainly have a better future in cricke than zim, with a good pipeline of youngsters coming in and making the difference.

infact id go this far to say that Zim's probably won thier last series agaisnt us. cuz with this team and knowing the future they r heading ( given their political debacle), i just cant see them getting the better of us in the future.

And for that matter, i dont think any team can whip our back any more. we r not the whipping boys. win against India, Australia, Sri Lanka within a span of a year is certainly a vindication of our progress. May be a slow one, but certainly is one on whom we r setting our platform. We r not a charity basket for runs and records any more these days.

:up: :up:
Very nicely said.

Ahmed_B
August 18, 2006, 01:52 AM
As I had written before in another thread after the 3rd ODI defeat against ZIM... that it is sometimes better to hit the rock bottom rather than being surrounded by unreal dreams and self-satisfaction. Atleast that gives you a wakeup call of some sort for the future. Thats the only thing positive that I see from this tour including Kenya.

Before this ZIM-Kenya tour... BD earned an image of a 'superior cricket force' than ZIM & Kenya.. and entered the African countries with a lebel of 'celar favorite'. And you want to know what we got from the ZIM-Ken series?...

BD actually lost that 'superior' image and Zimbabwe showed that they are good enough to rescue their series against us... and Kenyans showed that they are not out of hopes for winning against our rubbish top-middle-order batting.

Among the 7 matches that BD playerd with kenya this year.. the 2nd ODI on kenyan soil was probably the closest and Kenya will surely feel deprived not to have won it. But what they can claim is that they have come closer to beating BD in this 2nd series more than the 1st one in Dhaka.

Here is the assesment most suited for the 'rising tigers' (!) at the moment: "Well... BD and ZIM are better than Kenya for sure... but thats all there is to say. You can't pick any favorites when these two teams(BD,ZIM) play each others. They are good rivals!" ;)

That's what we earned in this ZIM-KEN series... a fall from the appreciated position of our own team. We were improving 'clearly'... and now things are not so clear!(Unless we prove otherwise... and yes that requires proof now)

kalpurush
August 18, 2006, 01:59 AM

The bottom line is Zim can't still whip our *** anytime they want - it's not for sale neither free! Abong eita moger mulluk-o na je jokhon tokhon chailei pawoa jabe!!;)

Duck
August 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
After losing the series to Zimbos....we have nothing to gain or lose............HARADHONER ar harabar ki thakey............still my skins are burning from that series defeat.........KENYAN MOLOM lagaleo jassey na........:mad: :mad: :E :mad: :mad:

israr
August 18, 2006, 12:16 PM

YES, our batsmen failed.

Just perfect, spot on:up: . Thanks Sydney bhai, I dont think I've to explain any further. And I wont mind if there are any responses because if there are any, it'd be out of pure patriotism:love:

Fazal
August 20, 2006, 10:20 AM
Quotes like this from the young and the ruthless:

“Winning is a habit and you don’t waste time worrying about the quality of your opposition when you are on a winning streak. The more we play the closer we get towards that habit,” said the all-rounder(Shakib Al Hasan) during a spot interview on television at the Airport on Friday. (link) (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=183)

Wow ... wow ... what a comment. This shows his true mental age which is more important than physical age.