PDA

View Full Version : the untalked about gameplan

al Furqaan
August 16, 2006, 11:37 PM
i'm actually surprised that no one is talking about this: moving mash to 1st change in the last 2 matches to neutralize tikolo.

it worked both times as tiks got 14 runs from 2 innings and both times fell to mash. whoever thought of this did a pretty good job. also, with rasel picking up early wickets, it allowed tikolo to be at the wicket when time for the 1st bowling change came.

i don't believe i have ever seen in cricket a bowler being moved down the "bowling order" because of a particular batsman. perhaps we should try it all the time.

we could open with rasel and rajib.

kalpurush
August 17, 2006, 01:15 AM
Yes, it worked out nicely! Whoever is behind the mastermind he did it masterly. I wonder if he could make such a plan to help Ashraful and Aftab to bring back their consistancy that would be great!!

Tokyobreeze
August 17, 2006, 01:49 AM
Yeah...it worked this time.But, the team was Kenya and we just had a single batsman to worry about - Tikolo.Major teams are full of big names and it will be difficult to set up a game-plan targeting one or two batsman.Any of those players can change the game.So, good work this time..but gotta put more ingredients in the recipe for the game plan during the Champoions Trophy.

Rabz
August 17, 2006, 02:07 AM
i think it was also done to give Reza an opportunity and try him out with the new ball. that would hv certainly helped to build his confidence level and would be good for the future.

either way, it was a good move.

thebest
August 17, 2006, 05:17 AM
I actually did not like this gameplan. Mash is undoubtly best with the new ball. Yes Mash did wonderful with Tikolo. But with stronger opponent there would be full of Tikolos.
Reza's experiment obviously fail. It would have been better if reza operate in the middle. Reza could not contain Ouma and co. So can u imagine what Jaya, Gayle do to him. And if Reza, Rajjak can not take care of Tikolo, how they would take care of Lara, Sangakars.
It would have been better to check what Reza and Rajjak can do in the death. I am more worried about that. Obviously Mash is not answer there, neither Rasel. So an opportunity lost I would rather say. But still I would congratulate them, at least for the first time they tried some thing different.

cricket_dorshok
August 17, 2006, 05:32 AM
je bone bagh nai, se bone naki shiale raja!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This game plan worked because the oponnent was Kenya. I think if Mash started bowling (instead of first change), the result would have same or might better(!). Coz Reza's bowlling is not so penetrating so that he can threatend the openers. Rather if Mash started bowlling, they would lhave ost their opener much earlier.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
August 17, 2006, 06:42 AM
farhad Reza is necessary component now a days for bangladesh. but mind it. He is not strike bowler....

sadi
August 17, 2006, 08:25 AM
worked out quite well this time. Not sure if it will work against any quality opposition. They will just kill Reza in the beginning. Reza is better off operating in the middle overs.

Tigers_eye
August 17, 2006, 08:25 AM
Kenya or no kenya the point here the game plan worked. We are just recognising the mastermind (Coach perhaps) and giving the due credit. Yes, in other teams there are several tikolos and some 10 times better. So you target for each batsmen. Thats why the video sessions are for. Dicect the opponent players weaknesses and attack there. I am sure SL will see SN as a threat and put the ball on the leg stump enticing him for his leg glance to leg slip, fine leg, log leg. For ash put two slip and make sure the ball is out side the off. While aftab is batting some one will be at long leg and square leg. Bashar: 11 players inside the circle. Rajin they will not want him out. Surely, other teams have weaknesses and we have strategy makers who can attack those weaknesses. Great to have someone like that in our team management. Give credit where credit is due.

TheWatcher
August 17, 2006, 08:39 AM
Ohhhh, what happened to good ol Cats_eye ????

Now what am I supposed to do ? Change my nick to TigerWatcher ?

Fazal
August 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
worked out quite well this time. Not sure if it will work against any quality opposition. They will just kill Reza in the beginning. Reza is better off operating in the middle overs.

Or was the game plan was just to kill Forhad Reza's Career as a bowler? Or is the Game Planner (whoever he is) over estimated Reza's bowling capability?

I hope they don't try the same game plan against stronger teams and prematurly kills Reza's bowling career.

We all know that Forhad Reza is NO opening bowler at this stage of his career.

Miraz
August 17, 2006, 09:15 AM

Cats_eye to Tigers_eye,

According to trend you should change your nick to TheWitness (how long will you simply watch? now its the time to say something in Black and White:) )

Tigers_eye
August 17, 2006, 09:22 AM

Welcome! Thank you for becoming a new Tiger (Woods) fan. See it goes well with everything. :)

al Furqaan
August 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
Kenya or no kenya the point here the game plan worked. We are just recognising the mastermind (Coach perhaps) and giving the due credit. Yes, in other teams there are several tikolos and some 10 times better. So you target for each batsmen. Thats why the video sessions are for. Dicect the opponent players weaknesses and attack there. I am sure SL will see SN as a threat and put the ball on the leg stump enticing him for his leg glance to leg slip, fine leg, log leg. For ash put two slip and make sure the ball is out side the off. While aftab is batting some one will be at long leg and square leg. Bashar: 11 players inside the circle. Rajin they will not want him out. Surely, other teams have weaknesses and we have strategy makers who can attack those weaknesses. Great to have someone like that in our team management. Give credit where credit is due.

exactly my point.

but this does open up possibilities. i have seen that sometimes strike bowlers like harmison, and others bowl 3rd and don't open. perhaps thats a strategy...perhaps they're just giving someone else a chance.

in another team, yes, there would be would at least 3-4 tikolos. but perhaps we can tie things up in the middle overs.

for example rasel and rajib open, 13th over mash replaces rajib...this way we get tight bowling (and hopefully wickets) in the middle overs. generally against class teams, we tend to give away a run a ball in the middle 20-25 overs and not take a wicket either.

all in all, the point is that someone came up with a plan that was not obvious, had the guts to implement it (it was just Kenya afterall), and succeeded. true, its not deserving of a noble prize, but at the same time, lets give credit where its due, as tigers_eye said.

sadi
August 17, 2006, 10:48 AM
This idea will only work if we play with three pacers... I don't think we will play three pacers that often specially in subcontinent and thus we will see Mashrafee back opening... Reza shouldn't open thats for sure

kalpurush
August 17, 2006, 12:55 PM
exactly my point.

but this does open up possibilities. i have seen that sometimes strike bowlers like harmison, and others bowl 3rd and don't open. perhaps thats a strategy...perhaps they're just giving someone else a chance.

in another team, yes, there would be would at least 3-4 tikolos. but perhaps we can tie things up in the middle overs.

for example rasel and rajib open, 13th over mash replaces rajib...this way we get tight bowling (and hopefully wickets) in the middle overs. generally against class teams, we tend to give away a run a ball in the middle 20-25 overs and not take a wicket either.

all in all, the point is that someone came up with a plan that was not obvious, had the guts to implement it (it was just Kenya afterall), and succeeded. true, its not deserving of a noble prize, but at the same time, lets give credit where its due, as tigers_eye said.

:up:
Good news is our think tanks has started using their brain by implementing new strategy. It's itself a B I G news for BD cricket I believe!